PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Article: Tim Duncan: "I Lost 25 Million Because I'm A Loyal Guy And I Trust People"

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 06:55 AM
:spin:D:monkey:stupid::santahat:drunk:dizzy:fishin g:lmao:lmao:lol:rollin:wow:depressed:blah:rollin:b ang

We previously thought it was 23 million. It's now confirmed to be 25 million and counting. Today its at 25 next week it could be 30 million who knows...and then we havent even talked about the 1 million the fucking illegal alien former stripper got from Amy for his gym....even that could be more....on top of all that he had a prenup and still lost half.....this cat will be playing till he's 50....

“Luckily I had a long career and made good money,” the 39-year-old Duncan said in a telephone interview. “This is a big chunk, but it’s not going to change my life in any way. It’s not going to make any decisions for me.”

“I trusted someone to do a job that I hired them to do and they misused my trust and went astray and started using my money,” Duncan said."

Duncan, meantime, refuses to look back and castigate himself for failing to better protect his money. The NBA, he said, does a “great job” of informing players of the potential pitfalls when it comes to their money.

“I thought, for the most part, I was keeping an eye on things. You have to have people checking on people checking on people. I did that for a while. Obviously, I got to a point where the people I trusted were checking on themselves,” said Duncan, a two-time Most Valuable Player who has won five championships with the Spurs. “The bottom line is this: You can’t be angry at yourself. I keep going back to this word, but I trusted someone. I was wrong about it. I got screwed over for it. I’m not mad at myself for that. That’s a lesson learned. I’ll never put myself in that situation again.”
“I’m not a speech guy. I’m not gonna go out and preach to people,” said Duncan, whose off-court ventures include BlackJack Speed Shop, an auto customization business with two locations in Texas. “I’m not going to go on a circuit trying to warn people.”
Even so, Duncan said he hoped his story would get “out there” so that younger athletes can learn about the cautionary tale of an athlete who never thought it would happen to him.
“I’m a loyal guy. I’m a man of my word, and I assumed other people would be that way,” Duncan said. “That’s just not the case in life.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-17/losing-25-million-won-t-decide-whether-spurs-duncan-returns

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2015, 07:01 AM
kool talkin out of his ass again

where did it says he loss half to amy?

continue to spread the bs news faggot

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 07:24 AM
He invested in BlackJack Speed Shop? No wonder he lost $25 million! BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :rollin :lmao :rollin

midnightpulp DMC Clipper Nation ElNono get your cotton picking candy asses in here and :downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao

Venti Quattro
06-18-2015, 07:27 AM
:lol So he lost $25 million because he trusted people?

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 07:30 AM
And I bet he still hasn't sold his shitty ass house. Hope he does soon because he surely can use the loot. :lol

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm a start calling him BAD. It stands for Broke Ass Duncan. :lmao

Bynumite
06-18-2015, 07:37 AM
Goddamn this nigga dumb. Kobe, Pop, Amy, mexican stripper, Spurs FO, business partners etc.

Is there anyone who won't take advantage of this faggot ass cuck?

ambchang
06-18-2015, 07:49 AM
You know you are a boss when you lost $25m and doesn't bat an eyelash.

"Yeah, it's a lot of change, but it doesn't affect me", I mean, how boss do you have to be and just brush $25m off your shoulders?

Some people are slaves to money and fame, Duncan clearly isn't, but he still is worth more than half the planet added together.

Respect.

Venti Quattro
06-18-2015, 07:55 AM
You know you are a boss when you lost $25m and doesn't bat an eyelash.

"Yeah, it's a lot of change, but it doesn't affect me", I mean, how boss do you have to be and just brush $25m off your shoulders?

Some people are slaves to money and fame, Duncan clearly isn't, but he still is worth more than half the planet added together.

Respect.

Heads will roll if you lose $25 million in multi-billion dollar companies.

It may or may not affect Duncan (more likely it pinched his wallet considerably) but let's not act like he lost chump change.

That's two years worth of his salary.

ambchang
06-18-2015, 08:06 AM

It may or may not affect Duncan (more likely it pinched his wallet considerably) but let's not act like he lost chump change.

The point was, it wasn't chump change, and he still didn't really care that much.

That's boss.

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 08:10 AM
The point was, it wasn't chump change, and he still didn't really care that much.

That's boss.

$25 million is chump change? You're a certified dumbass.

ambchang
06-18-2015, 08:17 AM
$25 million is chump change? You're a certified dumbass.

That's boss.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wasn%27t?s=t

wasn't
/ˈwɒzənt/
contraction
was not

http://www.rif.org/static/images/RIF_Primary_Vertical.png

The Reckoning
06-18-2015, 08:19 AM
love this. means he has to keep playing and killing super teams a la lakers/heat.

Mitch
06-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Trusting a business partner - 25,000,000
Trusting his wife - 1,000,000+
Trusting Pop - 1 NBA Title in 2013

Losing to the Clippers & Puerto Rico? Priceless.

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 08:48 AM

Plus he gave 30-35 million back to the Spurs on a sweet cake deal...LOL

RD2191
06-18-2015, 09:00 AM
:lol So he lost $25 million because he trusted people?

And I bet he still hasn't sold his shitty ass house. Hope he does soon because he surely can use the loot. :lol
lol, look at these 2 salty broke ass faggots.

Franklin
06-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Gotta respect the big fundamental even more tbh. He may have lost some money but he earned respect, moral victory for Timmy, and Mark Celibate has a similar personality in the real life. I could've dated a few bitches at the same time but I didn't. I vowed to myself that I would remain celibate throughout school years and I've stuck to my words, even though the side effect is that I'll remain a celibate for life time. I didn't accept Chelsea's love back then, so I can't accept it from anyone else either. I'm always loyal to other people no matter how they treat me, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 09:27 AM
You know you are a boss when you lost $25m
:lmao trashing your boy :lmao

ambchang
06-18-2015, 09:30 AM
:lmao I have trouble focusing on more that 12 words at a time :lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Duncan channeling his inner Antoine Walker

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 09:32 AM
kool talkin out of his ass again

where did it says he loss half to amy?

continue to spread the bs news faggot

How else was he gonna pay for that gag order....and post divorce to maintain her silence on his secret.... :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2015, 09:35 AM
How else was he gonna pay for that gag order....and post divorce to maintain her silence on his secret.... :lol

explain to me the 5m to victim
buying ring value 10m to wife
still loss half to wife

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 09:44 AM
explain to me the 5m to victim
buying ring value 10m to wife
still loss half to wife

You mad :lol

dbreiden83080
06-18-2015, 09:50 AM
He got paid 220 mil in his career not including endorsements.. I'm sure he's good..

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2015, 10:05 AM
:lmao trashing your boy :lmao
:lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2015, 10:08 AM
It's not our pocket and these guys are still making bank, but to act like they don't care losing $25 + million is ridiculous. Duncan is just trying to maintain dignity or presevere reputation at this point.

RD2191
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
It's not our pocket and these guys are still making bank, but to act like they don't care losing $25 + million is ridiculous. Duncan is just trying to maintain dignity or presevere reputation at this point.
how in any way does he need to preserve his reputation? he isn't a sociopath rapist like kobe.

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
how in any way does he need to preserve his reputation? he isn't a sociopath rapist like kobe.
In all walks of life. No one wants to get played. Period.

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 10:13 AM

Remember you are a christian so act like one

ambchang
06-18-2015, 10:13 AM

What reputation? Duncan had a reputation of being a asset management wiz?

RD2191
06-18-2015, 10:14 AM
In all walks of life. No one wants to get played. Period.
:lolkobe got played some white trash girl. talk about embarrassment.

Russo21
06-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Stupid investments. I just have my cash in the bank and not let anyone know what or how I do with it and don't invest. Just keep it in the bank and get some interest off the bank every year. I know a few wealthy people who have all their money in the bank and just happily live off the interest they get. He'd get an absolute shitload of interest from the bank with his money.

ElNono
06-18-2015, 12:09 PM
:lol damn, Artulio pulled all the emoticons in that OP.... I know you look at this like "how many burritos $25m would buy me", but we're talking about a guy with a quarter billion earnings career-wise... it sucks, but he'll live.

whitemamba
06-18-2015, 01:39 PM
:lmao cucked in every way pasoble

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Duncan channeling his inner Antoine WalkerNow me and BAD in the same tax bracket. :lol

Alex's foreskin
06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
:lmao Blackjack speed shop
:lmao ultimate cuck

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2015, 05:57 PM
investing in cholo girl and losing half in the process....

Venti Quattro
06-18-2015, 07:42 PM
:lmao cucked in every way pasoble

:lol Cucked by Amy

:lol Cucked by his financial advisor

:lol Jim Cuckan

Biernutz
06-18-2015, 08:47 PM
by losing the $25mil we get 5 or 6 more years of Tim playing instead of him retiring........

Thread
06-19-2015, 02:02 PM
“I trusted someone to do a job that I hired them to do and they misused my trust and went astray and started using my money,” Duncan said."

Fine, that accounts for Amy.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Stupid investments. I just have my cash in the bank and not let anyone know what or how I do with it and don't invest. Just keep it in the bank and get some interest off the bank every year. I know a few wealthy people who have all their money in the bank and just happily live off the interest they get. He'd get an absolute shitload of interest from the bank with his money.
Ehhhhh the bank interest is kind of weak but I can see why you just leave your dough in one place honestly. I put mine in a Roth IRA and it grows a lot faster there every year, my pops knows how and what to invest in so he helps me there on those things luckily and it grows a lot faster than the bank. Good idea though you have man.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Ehhhhh the bank interest is kind of weak but I can see why you just leave your dough in one place honestly. I put mine in a Roth IRA and it grows a lot faster there every year, my pops knows how and what to invest in so he helps me there on those things luckily and it grows a lot faster than the bank. Good idea though you have man.

Russ is right, Cags. FDIC provides you a sterling level of contentment to enjoy (one's) life. 1 million dollars in a bank provides give or take $75,000 a year in "profit."

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Russ is right, Cags. FDIC provides you a sterling level of contentment to enjoy (one's) life. 1 million dollars in a bank provides give or take $75,000 a year in "profit."

What bank do you know of that gives you a 7.5% interest rate on money you hold there?

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:28 PM
What bank do you know of that gives you a 7.5% interest rate on money you hold there?

I said "give or take", smart ass.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:28 PM

The average interest rate on a savings acount was something like .17%. Even some of the most lucrative savings accounts only paid 1% of interest which is incredibly high for a savings account. At that rate, you would earn roughly $10K. Then when you factor in "buying power" (inflation) you probably lost buying power.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:29 PM
I said "give or take", smart ass.

:lol Give or take 6.5% or $65,000 of your $75,000 you estimated? :lmao That's not "give or take" dumb ass.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:31 PM
:lol Give or take 6.5% or $65,000 of your $75,000 you estimated? :lmao That's not "give or take" dumb ass.

Christ, you motherfucker, you ain't talked to me in months and now, NOW, now you get a hair in your fuckin' ass.

SOB!!!!!!!!!

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Christ, you motherfucker, you ain't talked to me in months and now, NOW, now you get a hair in your fuckin' ass.

SOB!!!!!!!!!

Only reason is I wanted to disarm you of your Duncan was robbed by his financial advisor power. You now have no room because you were just cucked by your financial advisor (DPG Investments). I win!

I took your money and gave you 1% when you thought you were earning 7.5%! You're poor like Duncan now!

UZER
06-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Damn Thread, are you still hunkered down in a bunker from the nuclear fallout? It didn't happen, come up for air.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2015, 04:39 PM

That is what I wanted to know?

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:42 PM
That is what I wanted to know?

I just bet that's what you wanted to know. Yeah, jump on Dale, rub his face in his makings. Strip him naked, rub him in honey and set him outside in 110 degrees. Fuckers.

Alex's foreskin
06-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Real niggas don't let anyone play with their money. Jim got fucked and didn't do.shit.about it. Just like his titles, he didn't defend his money :lol

Franklin
06-19-2015, 05:32 PM
To make it more accurate, what Duncan said should be fixed as "I lost 24 million because I'm loyal, and another 1 million because I'm gay..."

Strange Love
06-19-2015, 07:17 PM
The first thing in the article is how he's had a good career and this wouldn't affect his lifetyle.

Do you even proof read your own threads dude?

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Real niggas don't let anyone play with their money. Jim got fucked and didn't do.shit.about it. Just like his titles, he didn't defend his money :lol

:lmao he also let a stripper from Mexico take his pussy

teddygreen
06-19-2015, 11:06 PM
If you factor in taxes, shouldn't you deduct his earning by half. If he lost 25 million, that could be like a 5th of his earnings. Ouch....

Sean Cagney
06-20-2015, 12:56 AM
If you factor in taxes, shouldn't you deduct his earning by half. If he lost 25 million, that could be like a 5th of his earnings. Ouch....

Even if he did lose 25 million he is still filthy rich though honestly, sucks he lost that but in all reality dude is straight and is up for another contract this summer. I would not trust a damn soul with my money like he did though, NEVER that.

Thread
06-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Even if he did lose 25 million he is still filthy rich though honestly, sucks he lost that but in all reality dude is straight and is up for another contract this summer. I would not trust a damn soul with my money like he did though, NEVER that.

You're much too kind, Cags. His arranged marriage/arrangement blew up in his face in the middle of the '13 Finals costing him his 1st 5th. A deal with the devil ain't "honesty."

Sean Cagney
06-20-2015, 01:04 AM
You're much too kind, Cags. His arranged marriage/arrangement blew up in his face in the middle of the '13 Finals costing him his 1st 5th. A deal with the devil ain't "honesty."

He had 31 and 17 in game 6 and that was enough to win that game, Pop benched him the last 28 seconds and they lost because of that (How did his marriage etc. weigh in to that?). Nothing he did cost him his 5th nor any of that situation...... He got his 5th a year later off of that hunger though Cub, that motivated a run in 014 to go to the finals and get that 5th right back where it belonged, stolen and snatched it back so he won in the end.

Strange Love
06-20-2015, 01:07 AM

C'mon Th, Duncan was already banging his current chick by then.

He was having fun..till he wasn't.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2540973/howarddealwithit.gif

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2015, 01:28 AM
even if he was a car enthuasists, why did he invested into a business where the car scene or ricing up cars is a small market with shitty turnover...

he shouldve just gone into panel beating business

Sean Cagney
06-20-2015, 01:41 AM
C'mon Th, Duncan was already banging his current chick by then.

He was having fun..till he wasn't.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2540973/howarddealwithit.gifYep, that new girl rejuvinated him and he was happy as hell as you can see in you sig there with that smile on his face while CUCKING the Lakers and sending Dwight to Houston in the sweep...... Dude was having fun and Dale knows it.

Mitch
06-20-2015, 03:00 AM
Yep, that new boy rejuvinated him and he was happy as hell as you can see in you sig there with that smile on his face while CUCKING the Lakers and sending Dwight to Houston in the sweep...... Dude was having fun and Dale knows it.

Let's be honest in this thread, Cag.

Thread
06-20-2015, 05:46 AM
Yep, that new girl rejuvinated him and he was happy as hell as you can see in you sig there with that smile on his face while CUCKING the Lakers and sending Dwight to Houston in the sweep...... Dude was having fun and Dale knows it.

The video exposes Duncan for being an asshole just like everybody else. He ain't nobody special. He gets divorced, He gets his shit sold, He loses his 1st 5th, He can't repeat to save his fuckin' life, He loses $25 million,,,he doesn't care, by the trade deadline it'll be a good thing, The hump that stole Tim's $25 million forged his signature, but, yet Tim doesn't go to the DA to press charges,,,no Tim brings a civil suit.

Boiled down? Tim ain't nothin' special.

pgardn
06-20-2015, 09:23 AM
The video exposes Duncan for being an asshole just like everybody else. He ain't nobody special. He gets divorced, He gets his shit sold, He loses his 1st 5th, He can't repeat to save his fuckin' life, He loses $25 million,,,he doesn't care, by the trade deadline it'll be a good thing, The hump that stole Tim's $25 million forged his signature, but, yet Tim doesn't go to the DA to press charges,,,no Tim brings a civil suit.

Boiled down? Tim ain't nothin' special.

And he would be the first to tell you is very human.

In LA you can't do that and still be respected.
We look forward to next season watching the 40 year old perform at the highest levels yet again for a player his age.
You look forward to Kobe doing...
Helping the youngsters learn the game?

unleashbaynes
06-20-2015, 09:51 AM
I remember one time DPG lost some money because he trusted people on an online sports forum. Turns out they were broke little faggots and couldn't afford to pay up after LePenis shoved his genitals down Kobeanerlover's throat.

Thread
06-20-2015, 10:43 AM
And he would be the first to tell you is very human.

In LA you can't do that and still be respected.
We look forward to next season watching the 40 year old perform at the highest levels yet again for a player his age.
You look forward to Kobe doing...

...not losing $25 million to a stranger, not getting divorced, not having the state dictate his visits to his bloodline, not having his signature forged and letting the forger get away with it, not having to go to the case and surrendering an NBA title, not having his shit sold, not having to account for not having a repeat, or, a 3peat.

Yeah, he didn't have to account for running the table on Howard there---then waitin' for him along the (public) sideline. Nope. There was no Stein hidin' in the brambles takin' notes that day, eh?

Fuck Tim Duncan.

Thread
06-20-2015, 10:45 AM
I remember one time DPG lost some money because he trusted people on an online sports forum. Turns out they were broke little faggots and couldn't afford to pay up after LePenis shoved his genitals down Kobeanerlover's throat.

Yeah, but, Amy helped James hold & shove his genitals, leash.

Amy

Buddy Mignon
06-20-2015, 11:39 AM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/37/01/12/8131249/5/1024x1024.jpg

AlexJones
06-20-2015, 01:27 PM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/37/01/12/8131249/5/1024x1024.jpg

He's going to be full grey by next Spring tbh

Caltex2
06-20-2015, 02:02 PM

That's boss.

Sounds like how much money Allen Iverson went through in two years. Duncan has his head on right and didn't have to learn from the "Broke" 30-for-30 or anything like that. Even when the money starts flowing in, you just more or less keep living how you live. He also doesn't have a ton of hanger-oners too as far as I can tell, so that helps. And even with an entourage and family looking to get their piece, you can help them out in other ways than just handing out Franklins (like getting them high profile jobs so they can keep supporting themselves).

That TMZ tabloid story two months ago aside, Duncan isn't exactly clubbing it up and buying needless expensive things to empty his bank account. If you make 5 million over a career, you should be set for a lifetime, let alone how much he's made.

Thread
06-20-2015, 03:30 PM
He's going to be full grey by next Spring tbh

Give him a choice:::he can have the $25 million back, OR, the 1st 5th. Like a separate universe, no memory of the prior events, just a choice in the old reality, and a future in the new.

tee, hee. I'd take the $25 million.

AlexJones
06-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Give him a choice:::he can have the $25 million back, OR, the 1st 5th. Like a separate universe, no memory of the prior events, just a choice in the old reality, and a future in the new.

tee, hee. I'd take the $25 million.

He'd take the 6th ring. Something tells me that Kobe rubbed him the wrong way with "I think my ring count is just a little higher than yours" back in 2011.

AlexJones
06-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Kobe rubbed another man the wrong way, but it was one of those moments where it is implied that Tim was smiling outside and fucking furious inside.

Thread
06-20-2015, 03:43 PM
He'd take the 6th ring. Something tells me that Kobe rubbed him the wrong way with "I think my ring count is just a little higher than yours" back in 2011.

Fuck, that $25 million would haunt me till my dieing day. If it were just a million, or, maybe 2. But, 25? You can't get that back. And Kool is right here as well=Duncan looks back at all the money he discounted back to the Spurs with a jaundiced eye. Before he never counted it. Now? You can damn well bet he's put it down on paper with pencil more than once, calculated it on out to a reality based on other's money and has a hard figure to go along with the $25 million.

That poor thing.

AlexJones
06-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Fuck, that $25 million would haunt me till my dieing day. If it were just a million, or, maybe 2. But, 25? You can't get that back. And Kool is right here as well=Duncan looks back at all the money he discounted back to the Spurs with a jaundiced eye. Before he never counted it. Now? You can damn well bet he's put it down on paper with pencil more than once, calculated it on out to a reality based on other's money and has a hard figure to go along with the $25 million.

That poor thing.

He's going to be playing for another 5 years to get that money back. I think Tim outlasts Kobe and Dirk.

Thread
06-20-2015, 03:52 PM
He's going to be playing for another 5 years to get that money back. I think Tim outlasts Kobe and Dirk.

But, he'd still be out the 25. Some one else has to give him 25 million, or, he has to hit a lottery, a big one. He cannot earn the 25 million. That would not replace the 25 million. He must be granted the 25 million while he is sitting on his ass.

AlexJones
06-20-2015, 03:53 PM
But, he'd still be out the 25. Some one else has to give him 25 million, or, he has to hit a lottery, a big one. He cannot earn the 25 million. That would not replace the 25 million. He must be granted the 25 million while he is sitting on his ass.

Arn mentioned it before, Tim's played the last 2 seasons for free. Lots of fun and rang for the 5th time, but nearly 200 games for free. He's just gonna have to live with that :lol

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Arn mentioned it before, Tim's played the last 2 seasons for free. Lots of fun and rang for the 5th time, but nearly 200 games for free. He's just gonna have to live with that :lol

:lmao

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 03:57 PM

:lmao

AlexJones
06-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Imagine having to postpone your retirement for 2 years because you lost about 80k. 2 years of grinding all for nothing. I think I'd cry.

Thread
06-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Imagine having to postpone your retirement for 2 years because you lost about 80k. 2 years of grinding all for nothing. I think I'd cry.

Exactly. And now it's uncomfortable for all parties at the bargaining table to speak of home town discounts, for the good of the team, everybody else is sacrificing, on & on. Before they looked each other in the eye. Now? Duncan is looking at them, but, they're counting the little holes in the ceiling tiles. The elephant in that room?...the 25 million smackers.

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2015, 02:31 PM

KakakakakakakAkahaa