PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Lakers Chances Of Landing Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant Are Very High

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 11:00 AM
There’s talk of Westbook or Durant, possibly joined with Love as the foundation for the Lakers to build upon starting in 2016, but Davis will be by far the best piece to improve with for the next 10 years.

Davis will reject his qualifying offer from the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2016-17 season making him a free agent that summer. Factor in Davis’ aura off-the-court, nicknamed “The Brow,” his 7-foot stature is simply too big and too bright for the city of New Orleans.

Davis is the type of player that needs to be in a major city to enhance his brand beyond basketball and what better place than LA. The Lakers will make a very strong push to land AD and pair him with Kevin Durant and an older Kobe.

If Duncan can stay around till he's 40 chasing rings then so can Kobe and he should because the chances of the Lakers landing Davis and Durant and paring them with Okafer is very HIGH :toast

Mitch
06-18-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't know about Davis, Kam. Maybe in 2020

daslicer
06-18-2015, 12:06 PM
If Duncan can stay around till he's 40 chasing rings then so can Kobe and he should because the chances of the Lakers landing Davis and Durant and paring them with Okafer is very HIGH :toast

At the rate things are going Kobe will be chasing rings until he's 60 but he will be carted out on the court in a wheelchair :lol.

spurraider21
06-18-2015, 12:48 PM
:lol caprisun's lakers offseason hopes are some of the best entertainment on ST

he actually thought pau would stay for a discount. instead he took less money just to get the hell off the team

Ditty
06-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Did you get bs from bleacher report?

ambchang
06-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Title should read:

Lakers fans are very high.

illmatic
06-18-2015, 01:37 PM
OP:::Lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 02:07 PM
:lol caprisun's lakers offseason hopes are some of the best entertainment on ST

he actually thought pau would stay for a discount. instead he took less money just to get the hell off the team

We got Kobe from them..what makes you think we cant get AD

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 02:09 PM
AD is a brand and LA will be his marketing tool....there is no way around it....if he wants money and global exposure he will be smart and leave the Pelicans....the team name alone is not befitting of a champ

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Trade #2 for AD. Do it Mitch. :tu

Silver&Black
06-18-2015, 03:15 PM

It's gonna take a lot more than the #2 pick to land AD.

#2 pick + #27 pick + next years 1st Round and 2nd Round + Cash = Still might not be enough to land a player of ADs caliber.

:lol That's assuming you have a 1st Round pick next year

Darth_Pelican
06-18-2015, 03:27 PM
I guess someone should break the news to OP that AD will be a restricted free agent next year. He might want to google what that means.

JoeTait75
06-18-2015, 03:58 PM
I don't think going to Knicks West is going to be good for anyone's "brand," tbh.

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 04:03 PM
I guess someone should break the news to OP that AD will be a restricted free agent next year. He might want to google what that means.

You guys have current and 3 more seasons with him and thats it...he will be in his absolute prime by then....keep developing him for us....

They will have the last two seasons that he is under his current contract and the first three of his new contract to show him that he can win here. If not, Davis could very easily do what Kevin Love is doing now (and Chris Paul did before him), and threaten to opt out and leave the following season if the team does not trade him. Once we hit the summer of 2019, Davis will have all the leverage, so it is imperative that the team shows him that this is the best place for him by then.

KaiRMD1
06-18-2015, 04:10 PM
.....says Laker fan

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Davis got to know Kobe Bryant and called him a “great guy” when asked about it Wednesday.
“That whole Olympic experience, he kind of took me under his wing and showed me a lot about the game and a lot about hard work,” said Davis, the only college player on a team that beat Spain in the gold-medal game.

“He’ll bring the competitive nature out in everybody,” he added. “Any good team that has Kobe on the team is in it to win it. That was my first time [meeting him]. I loved every moment of it.”

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 04:33 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/kobe-bryant-anthony-davis_zpshve4xtpq.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 04:39 PM
But Davis hardly sounded interested in sharing insight on Bryant’s feedback.
“He did, but that’s between me and Kobe though,” Davis said. “It was good. What we did and said was for us.”

Still, it’s not hard to connect the dots.

Davis reported that he spent his time in the 2014 FIBA World Championships and various offseason workouts improving all parts of his game, ranging from ball handling, shooting and post moves. Earlier this season, Bryant called Davis “an athletic Pau Gasol,”

“He’s athletically gifted and has similar skill,” Bryant said earlier this season about Davis. “But Pau is the most skilled big man I’ve seen. He still has a ways to go in matching that skill level if he ever gets there, man, watch out.

He just has to continue to work on the block and turn his left shoulder and right shoulder, use both hands and jump hooks. Those are things that for Pau, it’s natural. If [Davis] puts that to his game, the sky is the limit for him.”

Davis sounded humbled about Bryant speaking his name in the same sentence as Gasol.

“Pau is a great player. Pau has done so many things and accomplished so much,” Davis said. “Kobe played with both of us so I’m just glad I can be in that category with him.”

jeebus
06-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Knowing Mitch, he'd take your advice as trade the 2 pick for Antonio Daniels :lol

HI-FI
06-18-2015, 05:05 PM
At this point Chaz, under Jeannie's discretion, could jizz and/or shit in a martini and Lakerfan will gladly drink it up.

MultiTroll
06-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Davis will reject his qualifying offer from the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2016-17 season making him a free agent that summer.
Koon Maiden gettin regulated.

You parroted the same nonsense about DHoward leading the Fakeshow.

~O~
06-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Seeing Golden State win in a finals in which no one on the team had experience in the finals encourages players to hold fast. The war can be won through motivation and proper building.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2015, 05:58 PM
AD is a brand and LA will be his marketing tool....there is no way around it....if he wants money and global exposure he will be smart and leave the Pelicans....the team name alone is not befitting of a champ

what brand u talkin about his trying to sell?

isnt that the reason why d12 sign with lakers to sell his brand? how did that end up for him and the lakers?...he bolted

IronMexican
06-18-2015, 06:14 PM
It's gonna take a lot more than the #2 pick to land AD.

#2 pick + #27 pick + next years 1st Round and 2nd Round + Cash = Still might not be enough to land a player of ADs caliber.

:lol That's assuming you have a 1st Round pick next year

If it took all that and then some, it's still highway robbery by LA.

m>s
06-18-2015, 06:35 PM
There’s talk of Westbook or Durant, possibly joined with Love as the foundation for the Lakers to build upon starting in 2016, but Davis will be by far the best piece to improve with for the next 10 years.

Davis will reject his qualifying offer from the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2016-17 season making him a free agent that summer. Factor in Davis’ aura off-the-court, nicknamed “The Brow,” his 7-foot stature is simply too big and too bright for the city of New Orleans.

Davis is the type of player that needs to be in a major city to enhance his brand beyond basketball and what better place than LA. The Lakers will make a very strong push to land AD and pair him with Kevin Durant and an older Kobe.

If Duncan can stay around till he's 40 chasing rings then so can Kobe and he should because the chances of the Lakers landing Davis and Durant and paring them with Okafer is very HIGH :toastwho did you plagiarize the font is off

Silver&Black
06-18-2015, 06:38 PM
who did you plagiarize the font is off

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/01/21/new-orleans-anthony-davis-appreciative-of-kobe-bryants-mentorship/

Silver&Black
06-18-2015, 06:41 PM

Agreed. My point though was the #2 pick for AD is never going to happen though. N.O. is dumb.....but not that dumb. If he played for the Knicks though...that might be a different story. :lol

m>s
06-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Bingo

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Knowing Mitch, he'd take your advice as trade the 2 pick for Antonio Daniels :lol

:lol

dg7md
06-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Must be great to be fans of teams that lives and dies by offseason rumors as a method of joy and wish fulfillment.

There is zero chance the Lakers receive these players — the era of trading scraps for Pau Gasol in the NBA is basically over. The Warriors are the new California dominant team in the West, and Kobe is no longer a top 10 NBA player so that'll deter any chances of forming another megateam in that region.

BatManu20
06-18-2015, 11:41 PM

Yep. That'd be a steal for the soon-to-be best player in the league, easily.

Sean Cagney
06-18-2015, 11:55 PM
Title should read:

Lakers fans are very high.
:lol :lol He is sipping some kool aid it seems.....
But Davis hardly sounded interested in sharing insight on Bryant’s feedback.
“He did, but that’s between me and Kobe though,” Davis said. “It was good. What we did and said was for us.”

I remember him laying down getting spanked naked as a rookie and smiling away and then he comes out and says what we did and said was for US! Sounds a little like Kobe is the one sweet to me Kool... Between me and Kobe, his boyfriend and him :lol

lebomb
06-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Lakers trying to steal superstars again in order to win it all. I have never seen a Lakers team built and then win it all. Gotta grab a Shaq or a Pau. Yep, go get AD and KD......LOL, another aim at buying a championship. Build through the draft for once LA.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Davis will reject his qualifying offer from the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2016-17 season making him a free agent that summer.He would be accepting the qualifying offer in that case.

lakerfan even fails at fantasies.

Darth_Pelican
07-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Davis will reject his qualifying offer from the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2016-17 season making him a free agent that summer.

Really? Tell us more.

:lol the takes in this thread

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2015, 06:33 AM
Hey Dummy Darth

You're like the nerdy little bitch ass in school who only has a take once you know the outcome..shut the fuck up little phaggit and be a man....stop all that tip toeing through the tulips be a little bitch trying to play it safe..the fuckin Pelicans are going nowhere....so he'll be 27 before he realizes he'll never win shit...it happens sometimes...he'll come begging for us by then...:toast

DarrinS
07-01-2015, 06:49 AM
Laker fan soooooo delusional,per par :lmao

Mr Bones
07-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Kobe keeps comparing guys like LMA & AD to Pau, and he's right. Like Pau, these guys have no desire to be teammates of his on the Lakers.

Leetonidas
07-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Is Capri ever right about anything, ever? :lol

Thread
07-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Kobe keeps comparing guys like LMA & AD to Pau, and he's right. Like Pau, these guys have no desire to be teammates of his on the Lakers.

So, what does Pau do? Has his brother do his wet work.

That's how we ended up with 14 instead of 15 ('08), and 16 instead of 17 ('11)---because that cocksucker couldn't do his own wet work.