PDA

View Full Version : Diane Rehm: Jew Bernie Sanders "fornicates with pigs"

boutons_deux
06-18-2015, 02:45 PM
National Public Radio recently took part in what looks like a “fornicate with pigs” ploy, only instead of “fornicating with pigs,” the proposed slur was having dual American-Israeli citizenship.

The moment caused some chatter on the internet, but little or no mainstream news coverage. At this point almost nothing is clear about how public radio came to be part of a “fornicates with pigs” dirty trick, but it deserves as much scrutiny as it can get. This is aWTF?! moment that should never have happened, and surely should not happen again (good luck with that). This WTF?! moment happened during a radio interview, with the parties in separate studios miles apart. In the 24th minute of the 50-minute interview, the program host made this statement:

Diane Rehm: “Senator, you have dual citizenship with Israel.”

This is a false statement for which, as Diane Rehm later admitted, she had no factual basis. She had only an unconfirmed listener comment on Facebook alleging the claim (more about that in a moment). Nevertheless, on the June 10 Diane Rehm Show (http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2015-06-10/the-2016-presidential-race-a-conversation-with-democratic-candidate-and-vermont-senator-bernie-sanders) on National Public Radio, Rehm asserted that easily-checked falsehood as fact in her interview with presidential candidate and Independent senator from Vermont Bernie Sanders. Sanders responded unhesitatingly, directly, and unambiguously:

Bernie Sanders: Well, no, I do not have dual citizenship with Israel. I’m an American…. I’m an American citizen, period.

By any credible reckoning, Senator Bernie Sanders is NOT an Israeli citizen, he is only an American citizen. He was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Polish immigrant parents. He is Jewish. All this has been easy to confirm for more than 30 years. But Rehm, having asserted the falsehood once, chose to double down without a pause:

Diane Rehm: I understand from a list we have gotten that you were on that list. Forgive me if that is — [Sanders interrupts]

Rehm made no effort to offer any detail about the “list,” nothing about its authorship or its provenance or its reliability or how NPR researchers had confirmed and re-confirmed the accuracy of its substance, nothing like that. Rehm did not even mention who else was supposedly on the “list.” Sanders interrupted to say:

Bernie Sanders: Now that’s some of the nonsense that goes on in the Internet, but that is absolutely not true.

Rehm did not defend her “list,” she did not say it was not “nonsense,” she did not claim it was “true,” but she reacted as if she believed it was true. She tripled down on the falsehood. Her next response first implied suspicion of Sanders’ answer, then expanded the uninvestigated falsehood to the whole Congress:

Diane Rehm: Interesting. Are there members of Congress who do have dual citizenship, or is that part of the fable?

At that point Sanders figuratively threw up his hands and said of Congressional dual citizenship, “I honestly don’t know.” Then he returned to the original question about his own alleged dual citizenship, concluding:

Bernie Sanders: … I get offended a little bit by that comment, and I know it’s been on the Internet. I am an American – obviously an American citizen, and I do not have any dual citizenship.

At that point, Rehm says, “All right,” and drops the citizenship question. Rehm, who is of Arabic Christian heritage, switched immediately to a question about Palestinian statehood, which Sanders supports. Rehm, having asked Sanders about the Middle East before launching the “dual citizenship” provocation, seemed to be at least tacitly accusing Sanders of having an improper loyalty to Israel. Earlier, Rehm had asked Sanders questions about Iraq, ISIS, and Syria.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/30800-focus-is-anti-semitic-hit-on-bernie-sanders-a-harbinger-of-mud-to-come

So Jew Bernie denied fornicating with pigs when the Arabic Christian asked.