PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Brutal report says LeBron James-David Blatt relationship got ugly during the Finals

spursparker9
06-18-2015, 10:53 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/qmXoNtPIbcqZMl3TIZ1NeA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/en_us/Finance/US_AFTP_SILICONALLEY_H_LIVE/Brutal_ESPN_report_says_the-d43356fd18e3a8f3999d69e34327d272

Here's Stein listing off the ways Blatt's power was usurped by LeBron, saying that he saw:

LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with [assistant coach Tyronn] Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

There was LeBron, in one instance I witnessed from right behind the bench, shaking his head vociferously in protest after one play Blatt drew up in the third quarter of Game 5, amounting to the loudest nonverbal scolding you could imagine.

Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else.

Malik Hairston
06-18-2015, 11:02 PM
I don't necessarily feel bad for Blatt, he's making like 6 mil per year to do nothing:lol, but he didn't sign up for this..

He went to the Cavs thinking he was going to coach a young, inexperienced team that would allow him to get his first taste of the NBA and run his own team..

Lebron is the Peyton Manning of the NBA, he wants to run everything, it's a bad fit for a coach like Blatt that is accustomed to being treated like a basketball genius in Israel..Tyronn Lue would be a better fit, he's going to be a terrible coach, but he'll be fine with Lebron running things and them having a good relationship..

AlexJones
06-18-2015, 11:05 PM
LeBron would probably make Carlisle a cuck. Only probably Pop would actually be able call his own shots.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2015, 11:06 PM
:lol Media stays making up fake drama about LeBron. Meanwhile, Kirby gets coaches fired every other year and nobody says shit about it.

Malik Hairston
06-18-2015, 11:15 PM
LeBron would probably make Carlisle a cuck. Only probably Pop would actually be able call his own shots.

Riley did as well, tbh..

Carlisle wouldn't work, as he's known to clash with players..

Killakobe81
06-18-2015, 11:16 PM
Weave LeBron alone!!!! Wahhh

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2015, 11:17 PM
i really and totally dont give a fuck just happy that nikka lost.....

Chris
06-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Lebron taking advantage of the rookie coach. Probably thinks he knows more about coaching that Blatt, and has zero respect for him. He should be grateful Blatt kept the ship going as long as it did even in a watered down conference.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2015, 12:54 AM
players need to understand...black coaches = havnt won shit, doc doesnt count, clown inherited a boston team that didnt need a coach

Thebesteva
06-19-2015, 12:58 AM
:lol Media stays making up fake drama about LeBron. Meanwhile, Kirby gets coaches fired every other year and nobody says shit about it.

:lol Team 'dad killer' denying that Mr. 2 out of 6 is a coach killer

Clipper Nation
06-19-2015, 01:27 AM
:lol Team 'dad killer' denying that Mr. 2 out of 6 is a coach killer

Man, he must really suck at "coach-killing," since he didn't get Brown fired, didn't get Spo fired, and Blatt's still employed. How long before Byron Scott is thrown under the bus for Kirby once again quitting while stealing money from the Lakers?

Red Hawk #21
06-19-2015, 01:44 AM
I thought you niggras said this dude was a good teammate?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13097173

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 03:32 AM

:lol damn that's cold blooded

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2015, 06:12 AM

Saying he's the best..saying his teammates sucked..they would have hung Kobe in the town square for that....then he doesnt remember a team getting to the finals without two all- stars....how about Kobe's led Lakers...3 straight finals and back to back with only 1 all star in Pau....

However Lebron did lose the finals with a prime, Bosh , Wade, and himself.....

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Why would the media lie about ole coddled ass LeHype? We seent it. Anybody that can do this...

ZK7T3VAAaNo

...has no respect for his own parents let along an authority figure like Coach Blatt. You want more proof? OK:

4Y9Cz2HkE2o

He didn't learn shit from Riles. Riles coached true HOFers like Magic, KAJ, Worthy, and Shaq - so he wasn't putting up with LeHype's spoiled ungrateful ass....so LeHype went back home...and started some shit with Coach Blatt after signing a 1-year deal (essentially holding the Cavs hostage AGAIN). He'll use his leverage and get Blatt fired, just watch.

"GM James" is getting his just deserts. He recommended trades and put a team together that catered to his ISO-ball style of play (and to pad his stats, of course). Say what you want about him dominating the ball and racking up gaudy stats, but here's the only one that matters to me: 2/6. If not for the heroics of Battier and Ray Allen he's likely at 0/6.

And how do you explain his primary defender winning FMVP twice?

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/LeonardMVP.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2260828.1434546889!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/477406642.jpg

:lol SWEPT in 2007 Finals
:lol Paul Pierce chased his ass off to South Beach
:lol at LeHype crying when they lost in 2010
:lol at Battier bailing him out in 2011
:lol at Ray Allen bailing him out in 2012
:lol at that Duncan missed layup
:lol B2B Finals losses
:lol at you maaaaaaaaad as fuck with this p:lolst

:downspin:

Alex's foreskin
06-19-2015, 07:18 AM
People crucify Jordan for his GM skills. LeBron pushed the Wiggins trade for a Nigga who couldn't even.stay on the court in the 4th quarter, is now pushing for that Scrub Thompson to get a max contract. :lol

lebomb
06-19-2015, 08:24 AM
People crucify Jordan for his GM skills. LeBron pushed the Wiggins trade for a Nigga who couldn't even.stay on the court in the 4th quarter, is now pushing for that Scrub Thompson to get a max contract. :lol

Tristan was the 2nd best Cavaliers player on that court after Lebron during the finals. He was consistent at least and grabbed many rebounds.

jsandiego
06-19-2015, 08:34 AM
Cavs were a .500 team until they traded for Mozgov. Credit Blatt for that one. They won two games in the Finals with tough, in your face defense. Credit Blatt for some of that too.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 08:36 AM
This is funny. Stein is a legit reporter. In the end of the article he praises Tim duncan and calls for Lebron to support Blatt or another coach of his choosing the way Duncan has always stood by Pop. So does CN reject that part of the article too? Stein goes on to say that is why Duncan is one of the 5 greatest ever ...

B--b-but he picking on Bron!!!

ambchang
06-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Very disappointing display of pure unprofessionalism.

Players have to understand, they are players, they are not coaches, not GMs, not scouts, leave those jobs to pros. There are many people who are athletically horrible, but has a great mind for sports. They see things, understand team rapport, understand salary caps, matchups and whatnot.

Players, and many of them are guilty of this, try to force their views on people who are doing their jobs.

Lebron has been in this league for more than a dozen years, he should know better than this.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Very disappointing display of pure unprofessionalism.

Players have to understand, they are players, they are not coaches, not GMs, not scouts, leave those jobs to pros. There are many people who are athletically horrible, but has a great mind for sports. They see things, understand team rapport, understand salary caps, matchups and whatnot.

Players, and many of them are guilty of this, try to force their views on people who are doing their jobs.

Lebron has been in this league for more than a dozen years, he should know better than this.

agreed. If you read the report he goes on to commend Duncan and implies he ranks Duncan higher than most because his willingness to be coached is probably better than most top 5 guys ...

ambchang
06-19-2015, 09:26 AM
agreed. If you read the report he goes on to commend Duncan and implies he ranks Duncan higher than most because his willingness to be coached is probably better than most top 5 guys ...

That's one of the greatest strength of Duncan, that he understands the importance of team.

The reason Magic, Bird and Jordan are in the same group, instead of Jordan being way above everybody else is because of that mentality. Magic and Bird gets it, they understand it's a team sport, and they maximize the strengths around them. I just didn't think Jordan ever got that. To him, it was a sacrifice almost, and it makes building around him, if not difficult, unorthodox.

Duncan can take over games by himself (see 2001 to 2004), but he understands if the right resources are available, maximize them (Ginobili in 05, the backcourt in 07, everybody in 14), and he genuinely just wants to win. All that other extra things just isn't important to him. He didn't say a word about the Game 6 benching, didn't blame Pop for it even though it was clearly a mistake in hindsight, he didn't say a thing about reduced playing time and rest games to conserve him for the playoffs, he didn't complain about the slow pace that would negatively affect his stats, he just did whatever is needed to win, and trust that management would look out for their collective best interest.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 09:33 AM
That's one of the greatest strength of Duncan, that he understands the importance of team.

The reason Magic, Bird and Jordan are in the same group, instead of Jordan being way above everybody else is because of that mentality. Magic and Bird gets it, they understand it's a team sport, and they maximize the strengths around them. I just didn't think Jordan ever got that. To him, it was a sacrifice almost, and it makes building around him, if not difficult, unorthodox.

Duncan can take over games by himself (see 2001 to 2004), but he understands if the right resources are available, maximize them (Ginobili in 05, the backcourt in 07, everybody in 14), and he genuinely just wants to win. All that other extra things just isn't important to him. He didn't say a word about the Game 6 benching, didn't blame Pop for it even though it was clearly a mistake in hindsight, he didn't say a thing about reduced playing time and rest games to conserve him for the playoffs, he didn't complain about the slow pace that would negatively affect his stats, he just did whatever is needed to win, and trust that management would look out for their collective best interest.

Agree that most players would have called him out for the end of 6. And it did pay off in 2014 ...

testies
06-19-2015, 09:35 AM
This dude is literally the most overrated athlete in all of sports history. He is really, really lucky he is not 0/6 (if refs don't rob us and they play us in 2012, if game 6 fluke, ray ray bailing him out doesn't happen).. i am never scared by him in a game, like i was of prime kobe, shaq, even durant or westbrick.. he doesn't have the mentality of refusing to lose, even if it meant he'll drive to the lane with his head down every play

I don't feel sorry for any zionist asshole like Blatt, but the dude obviously knows more about tactics and strategy than babydick, people don't understand that the "ball movement" everyone is impressed by Spurs and GSW, is present in 90% of euroleague teams.. its the norm there, not the exception like here..

anyways, i hope he has some decency and resigns, before they fire him

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Tristan was the 2nd best Cavaliers player on that court after Lebron during the finals. He was consistent at least and grabbed many rebounds.
He singlehandedly kept the Cavs from getting swept collecting all LeHype's bricks. :lol

:lol 38% shooting
:lol 67% Finals LOSING percentage
:lol GOAT talk

ambchang
06-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Lebron reminds me of being the Larry Brown of players. Immense talent, but has to stick his nose into management, forces people to make bad decisions, and ultimately hurts himself.

DMC
06-19-2015, 10:35 AM
This dude is literally the most overrated athlete in all of sports history. He is really, really lucky he is not 0/6 (if refs don't rob us and they play us in 2012, if game 6 fluke, ray ray bailing him out doesn't happen).. i am never scared by him in a game, like i was of prime kobe, shaq, even durant or westbrick.. he doesn't have the mentality of refusing to lose, even if it meant he'll drive to the lane with his head down every play

I don't feel sorry for any zionist asshole like Blatt, but the dude obviously knows more about tactics and strategy than babydick, people don't understand that the "ball movement" everyone is impressed by Spurs and GSW, is present in 90% of euroleague teams.. its the norm there, not the exception like here..

anyways, i hope he has some decency and resigns, before they fire him
So he's overrated but he's been to the Finals 5 consecutive times with different teams, one of which hasn't been there since he was with them before. Each time he was the best player on the team. That's not overrated. You have to grade on the curve of the NBA, not on the curve of hypothetical matchups against other players throughout history.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 11:18 AM
So he's overrated but he's been to the Finals 5 consecutive times with different teams, one of which hasn't been there since he was with them before. Each time he was the best player on the team. That's not overrated. You have to grade on the curve of the NBA, not on the curve of hypothetical matchups against other players throughout history.
He came out the shitty EC 5 times. You giving him props for that? :lol

Alex's foreskin
06-19-2015, 11:57 AM

Who were his biggest threats in the East to stop him?

daslicer
06-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Blatt will never have the respect of his players since he didn't stand up to Lebron from the start. Blatt should just go crazy next year and yell at Lebron every time Lebron disrespects him. He should also bench Lebron. Since this guy is going to get fired anyways he might as well have fun with it.

K...
06-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Blatt will never have the respect of his players since he didn't stand up to Lebron from the start. Blatt should just go crazy next year and yell at Lebron every time Lebron disrespects him. He should also bench Lebron. Since this guy is going to get fired anyways he might as well have fun with it.

Uh, I'm sure he would if James didn't have opt out clauses.

As most people note, this is virtually zero fault of blatt. LeBron wants a friend and it's not unreasonable since he basically is the franchise but it's a bad basketball decision, it'll cause guys like mosgov and delly to complain, and it's unprofessional to backstab

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-19-2015, 01:16 PM

:lol Do you really think coach LeBron will bench himself if that dude on the sidelines Blatt says so?

daslicer
06-19-2015, 01:49 PM
:lol Do you really think coach LeBron will bench himself if that dude on the sidelines Blatt says so?

Blatt needs to attempt it anyway since Lebron has emasculated him. If Lebron refuses to listen to Blatt in that situation than the media will crucify Lebron. It also puts Lebron in a tough situation in the sense that if he doesn't want Blatt as his coach than who can coach him. Also if nobody is not worthy of coaching Lebron than Lebron should become a Player coach.

Thread
06-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Stein shoulda handed up this indictment at the time it happened. Instead he closed his eyes, crossed his fingers & hoped he'd not have to write it.

Solly Cholly.

Buddy Mignon
06-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Stein shoulda handed up this indictment at the time it happened. Instead he closed his eyes, crossed his fingers & hoped he'd not have to write it.

Solly Cholly.

Shoulder to shoulder...:toast

Thread
06-19-2015, 02:03 PM

Absolutely.:toast

Ignignokt
06-19-2015, 02:09 PM

Gross, are your hands going to be chained to each others peens too?

Thread
06-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Gross, are your hands going to be chained to each others peens too?

I vowed I'd return & not one moment sooner when our leader, my Luva was restored.

Let us proceed...

AlexJones
06-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Damn, both Luva and Cubby are back at the same time :lol

Thread
06-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Damn, both Luva and Cubby are back at the same time :lol

GD rights. When he was booted Kool, our #1 gathered the troops, Killa had to put his hands over his ears, but, everybody else had full privileges. "Guys, first off, I need $20, next, our leader has been banned. I'd like for one of u....." - "Kool!" I interrupted him. "I'll join him, no problem. & here is $20."

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:48 PM
GD rights. When he was booted Kool, our #1 gathered the troops, Killa had to put his hands over his ears, but, everybody else had full privileges. "Guys, first off, I need $20, next, our leader has been banned. I'd like for one of u....." - "Kool!" I interrupted him. "I'll join him, no problem. & here is $20."

Glad you are back. This is a time we need cool heads like yours ... Please for the love of pete no LMA, no Love, Rondo (i know you trust him Cully but I don't), Marc Gasol etc. Not a one of them can lead us to 17 I would rather wait. I can be talked in to cousins because he is young enough to mold but I just dont want us throwing max money to proven losers to appease impatient fans or Kobe. Thread, preach brother ...

Chillen
06-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Let's see Blatt was a rookie coach and led his team to the NBA finals his first season. They lost because 2 all-star starters went down with injury (Love, Irving) and Varajeo. There really is no grounds to fire him, but because of LeBron I wouldn't be surprised. Many rookie NBA coaches would dream for that kind of success in the first season. Blatt had LeBron but he didn't really have a full deck of cards in these playoffs and they were 2 wins shy of winning an NBA championship. Go on LeBron, get him fired. Replace him with Mark Jackson. Vinny, or Thibs, lol. They have a great coach who was adjusting his first season to the NBA, but he will be better next season.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:17 PM
^James wants Lue, and he's been groomed for several years. He's ready, even overripe. They may approach Blatt and pay him to go away with nary a peep. He's foreign so he may bite.

DMC
06-19-2015, 04:36 PM
He came out the shitty EC 5 times. You giving him props for that? :lol
Seeing how half the league plays there and he's the one guy who keeps coming out, yes.

DMC
06-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Who were his biggest threats in the East to stop him?

Exactly, "him". Lost his two best teammates and still swept the 1st seeded Hawks. You only get to play against your competition. Still, he did as well as Memphis did against the Warriors, probably better. Who else in the West even scratched them?

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Seeing how half the league plays there and he's the one guy who keeps coming out, yes.

That's like a newly wed groom bragging that he got laid on his wedding night. It's a given. No credible team out East to put up a fight. Even the 60+ win Hawks looked shitty when their key players started getting hurt. When LeHype ran into a real team in the Finals it was almost 2007 all over again.

DMC
06-19-2015, 04:54 PM
That's like a newly wed groom bragging that he got laid on his wedding night. It's a given. No credible team out East to put up a fight. Even the 60+ win Hawks looked shitty when their key players started getting hurt. When LeHype ran into a real team in the Finals it was almost 2007 all over again.

Bullshit. Lakers cannot even make the playoffs and you say it's a given that Lebron can come out of the East 5 consecutive times yet he's overrated? lol..

I told yall niggas Lebron told Blatt "get off me". Yall didn't listen.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:55 PM

Because it never happened.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Bullshit. Lakers cannot even make the playoffs and you say it's a given that Lebron can come out of the East 5 consecutive times yet he's overrated? lol..

Then why he let "trying to be Kobe" walk home wigh his LOB on the road? If he was that good, he would have willed them to a ring. He couldn't because he didn't have grizzled vets and superstars to bail him out this time.

Alex's foreskin
06-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Exactly, "him". Lost his two best teammates and still swept the 1st seeded Hawks. You only get to play against your competition. Still, he did as well as Memphis did against the Warriors, probably better. Who else in the West even scratched them?

You didn't answer the question. Who were the other contenders in the East?

DMC
06-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Because it never happened.

:rolleyes

DMC
06-19-2015, 07:21 PM
You didn't answer the question. Who were the other contenders in the East?

Every team he beat. Now go ahead and revise history so that he had absolutely no competition, so that one player can drag those scrubs to the Finals when they've never even sniffed the playoffs, while the two "he had help" guys were in street clothes.

Thread
06-19-2015, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes

It was all in your warped mind, D. You wanted it to happen, but, it never did.

testies
06-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Wow he made 5 straight finals

his biggest threats were pacers :lol, bulls team that also got demolished by wizards.. bobcats with hurt al jefferson?

come on, any west superstar like cp3, griffin, prime dirk would've made 4 or 5 finals

baseline bum
06-19-2015, 10:09 PM
come on, any west superstar like cp3, griffin, prime dirk would've made 4 or 5 finals

Like Carmelo?

testies
06-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Like Carmelo?

so your point is lebron > carmelo? wow good job

baseline bum
06-19-2015, 10:37 PM
so your point is lebron > carmelo? wow good job

You said any West superstar, and Melo has taken his team farther in the West than CP0 ever did.

pgardn
06-19-2015, 10:52 PM
Lebron is much better than Kobe ever was.
Sorry Lakerfn.

That being said, I would relish the thought of him becoming player coach so he can take the full blame. He sits by Blatt like a coward and undermines him because there is no risk involved. That's just chicken shit. Take it all over ya big crybaby. Lose as the coach and player. That's just weak-ass shit from Lebron.

Alex's foreskin
06-19-2015, 11:08 PM
You said any West superstar, and Melo has taken his team farther in the West than CP0 ever did.

:lol that 09 Denver team, Nene, Chauncey Billups, and JR Smith had higher win shares than Carmelo :lmao

Carmelo has never been a superstar.

Thread
06-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Lebron is much better than Kobe ever was.

Yeah, he proved it Game 6,,,standing 24 feet from the cylinder for 3 quarters. The chickenshit. Van Gundy & Jackson were appalled.

DMC
06-19-2015, 11:37 PM
It was all in your warped mind, D. You wanted it to happen, but, it never did.
No, I called it. Me. You came along afterward calling ass and now that it's coming out, you're unsure which story to go with.

Thread
06-19-2015, 11:40 PM
No, I called it. Me. You came along afterward calling ass and now that it's coming out, you're unsure which story to go with.

It never happened. You tried to Bogart it in, but, you were exposed. It never happened.

DMC
06-19-2015, 11:47 PM
It never happened. You tried to Bogart it in, but, you were exposed. It never happened.
It happened. What didn't happen was you being here pre-Pau.

Thread
06-19-2015, 11:50 PM
It happened.

No. It never happened.

pgardn
06-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Yeah, he proved it Game 6,,,standing 24 feet from the cylinder for 3 quarters. The chickenshit. Van Gundy & Jackson were appalled.

Kobe would never have made it to the finals with this team much less win 2 games.

Thread
06-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Kobe would never have made it to the finals with this team much less win 2 games.

That's conjecture,,,what is fact is James refused to join the fray repeatedly in this Finals. Me & this cocksucker though lucked out when Amy showed up June afore last.

pgardn
06-20-2015, 12:11 AM
That's conjecture,,,what is fact is James refused to join the fray repeatedly in this Finals. Me & this cocksucker though lucked out when Amy showed up June afore last.

Of course it's conjecture.

We do that on this site. Like the Tim is gay thing...
Cept I'm serious but you like getting a rise out of Spurs fans as defense for LA's favorite sex fiend.
Hell, I won't even call him a rapist.

DMC
06-20-2015, 12:11 AM

Spin that shit Dale, spin it with all you got. Maybe by fall next year you'll have a trend, maybe not, but spin it nonetheless. Ignore your boy there sucking up half the salary cap and looking at a 3peat lottery trip.

Thread
06-20-2015, 12:24 AM
Spin that shit Dale, spin it with all you got. Maybe by fall next year you'll have a trend, maybe not, but spin it nonetheless.

Oh, yeah, you can count on it, D.

You fucked up June afore last, and we ain't forgettin' that. Ever.

Splits
06-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Oh, yeah, you can count on it, D.

You fucked up June afore last, and we ain't forgettin' that. Ever.

Yeah, well you can count on Kirby missing the playoffs 3 straight years, and we ain't forgetting that . Ever.

Thread
06-20-2015, 12:32 AM
Yeah, well you can count on Kirby missing the playoffs 3 straight years, and we ain't forgetting that . Ever.

There ya go, Splits. You got that. I ain't beefin'.

Let us proceed...