PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: 2015 Offseason thread

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 01:59 PM
In pursuit of cap space, Lakers unlikely to exercise option for Jordan Hill:

As the Los Angeles Lakers maneuver to free $24 million-plus of salary cap space for summer free agency, the franchise is unlikely to exercise the option on forward Jordan Hill’s contract for the 2015-16 season, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Lakers are not obligated to make a final determination on the $9 million owed on Hill’s contract before June 30, but momentum is strong that they’ll allow Hill to enter into free agency, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--lakers-jordan-hill-163456728.html

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Draft picks: #2, #27, #34
2015-2016 Committed Salary: ~$27 million

I expect them to decline Hill's $9M and pickup Clarkson/Black for about $2M.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Draft picks: #2, #27, #34
2015-2016 Committed Salary: ~$27 million

I expect them to decline Hill's $9M and pickup Clarkson/Black for about $2M.

Your salary numbers do not appear to be accurate.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:08 PM

Source: HoopsHype

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/los_angeles_lakers/ They will let Wesley walk too.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Source: HoopsHype

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/los_angeles_lakers/ They will let Wesley walk too.

Kobe: 25M
Nick: 5.2M
Julius: 3.1M
Ryan: 1.7M
-------------------
Total Guaranteed (not including players with team options or player options): 35M - not 27M

Then if they keep Clarkson (845K - likely), Hill (9M - unlikely), Sacre (900K) that number of committed salaries goes from 35M to 47M.

I didn't even include Black (guaranteed money) or Blue (QO).

Mitch
06-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Bend over, I'll show ya our off-season

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Nick: 5.2M
Julius: 3.1M
Ryan: 1.7M
-------------------
Total Guaranteed (not including players with team options or player options): 35M - not 27M

Good catch. I forgot all about Swaggy and Ryan :lol.

I hope they move Swaggy P. Ryan is a usable scrub though.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Good catch. I forgot all about Swaggy and Ryan :lol.

I hope they move Swaggy P. Ryan is a usable scrub though.

Pfttttttt, spinning that sh*t! That was some sneaky Laker fan math trying to give the Lakers some cheat space. I see you playboy.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Pfttttttt, spinning that sh*t! That was some sneaky Laker fan math trying to give the Lakers some cheat space. I see you playboy.

:lol

Those relatively small salaries + draft pick may net us something. Let's see if Mitch can dust off his old magic wand. Legend has it he once turned Kwame into 2 world titles. :lol

spurraider21
06-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Those relatively small salaries + draft pick may net us something. Let's see if Mitch can dust off his old magic wand. Legend has it he once turned Kwame into 2 world titles. :lol
he also traded for Dwight and Nash... gave Kobe 48.5 and PAID nick young :lol

Thread
06-19-2015, 02:40 PM

& that tore it.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 02:42 PM

This is a defining year for the Laker franchise. They again have money to spend. Most recent signs point to a franchise in a pretty nasty downward spiral. Things that never used to happen (people turning down LA for less money) have happened enough to raise more than an eyebrow.

If LA once again whiffs on the main FA's even when they have max money, it will be incredible. All of the questions about whether it's a slump or the new norm will be answered starting in 12 days.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:45 PM

I'm cool with picking up Dwert and Nash just like when they signed Mailman and GP. Mitch swung for the fences. The Lakers always did that. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Thread
06-19-2015, 02:45 PM
This is a defining year for the Laker franchise. They again have money to spend. Most recent signs point to a franchise in a pretty nasty downward spiral. Things that never used to happen (people turning down LA for less money) have happened enough to raise more than an eyebrow.

If LA once again whiffs on the main FA's even when they have max money, it will be incredible. All of the questions about whether it's a slump or the new norm will be answered starting in 12 days.

Doesn't hold a candle to Duncan letting some guy with a story walk away with Tim's $25 million. Too bad this didn't happen when he could don Amy for 12.5 of it.

Damn, if you hadn't short circuited that A/C unit you wouldn't even have your 2nd 5th, but James would have his 3rd. Hard to decide:::I don't know whether to shit or go blind.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:48 PM

Yeah, I'm interested to see how things shake out.

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Doesn't hold a candle to Duncan letting some guy with a story walk away with Tim's $25 million. Too bad this didn't happen when he could don Amy for 12.5 of it.

Damn, if you hadn't short circuited that A/C unit you wouldn't even have your 2nd 5th, but James would have his 3rd. Hard to decide:::I don't know whether to shit or go blind.

game. Blouses.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 02:52 PM

Disagree. There is no Main free agent to get. Only you doomsday prognosticators are worried about this free agent class. I would not offer anyone in this class that is a UFA a max deal. I do think they should try and offer a max to Jimmy Butler but he is a RFA. None of the UFA's make sense for us. Marc wont come because we jerked around Pau and LMA makes sense for the spurs who are close to contention (and even still at a max deal that will be a mistake imho) not the Lakers, who are rebuilding. I would also consider Tobias Harris, Demarre Carroll but not at big money new max prices.

Bottom line is the only thing that matters is the draft. This analysis by you is well below par and sounds like casual Laker fan or pure wishful hater think ... I expect better. I just hope our FO isnt thinking short term like you are. 2016 is the big year to judge our management, not 2015. Dont just throw money at B level or over 30 stars. say no to Dragic, rondo, LMA etc.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I'm interested to see how things shake out.

dont buy this shit he is selling there is no one out there that Lakers should pay max to ...
Lakerfans need to strap in this draft is just step 2 in 3 step process. This FA year will not change the current course. And unlike DPG if the Lakers are smart and dont overpay that would be a better sign then if we cave to impatient fans and or Kobe.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Absolutely. No Rondo. No Dragic. No LMA. No Love.

I'll be pissed if either of the above are Lakers.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 03:00 PM
dont but this shit he is selling there is no one out there that Lakers should pay max to ...No doubt. Best case scenario for us this year in terms of big-time FAs is to use our assets (movable expiring contracts and/or picks) to pry away a disgruntled star ala Pau. Not expecting it though.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Disagree. There is no Main free agent to get. Only you doomsday prognosticators are worried about this free agent class. I would not offer anyone in this class that is a UFA a max deal. I do think they should try and offer a max to Jimmy Butler but he is a RFA. None of the UFA's make sense for us. Marc wont come because we jerked around Pau and LMA makes sense for the spurs who are close to contention (and even still at a max deal that will be a mistake imho) not the Lakers, who are rebuilding. I would also consider Tobias Harris, Demarre Carroll but not at big money new max prices.

Bottom line is the only thing that matters is the draft. This analysis by you is well below par and sounds like casual Laker fan or pure wishful hater think ... I expect better. I just hope our FO isnt thinking short term like you are. 2016 is the big year to judge our management, not 2015. Dont just throw money at B level or over 30 stars. say no to Dragic, rondo, LMA etc.

What? There was no analysis. It was a statement of fact. There's a reason Mitch has come out talking about FA so much. There's a reason the articles about LA dropping Hill for cap space are appearing. They have been linked with the big name FAs and while Killa the poster wouldn't spend money, LA see's it differently. By your logic, no one deserves max but 2-3 guys. Since those 3 guys are on teams, you have to compete for the other best talents.

LA has whiffed on those talents like never before, has been in 2 straight lotteries and their first lottery pick looks pretty bad especially coming off an injury. It was obsevation of reality - not analysis.

The analysis will be after their moves and what happens in FA. If the trend of LA targeting max FA and being turned down despite having max money continues, there is no where to hide - it means things have indeed changed. You liking the signings or saying you dodged a bullet doesn't matter and has no bearing. That's not the question to be answered.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:04 PM

That doesn't make any sense and has absolutely no bearing on this thread. If you continue to spam, you will be banned.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Also Killa, you are wrong - there are no new max prices yet. The prices don't jump this summer, it's next. So theres a massive flaw/hole in your thinking and counter argument.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:09 PM
What? There was no analysis. It was a statement of fact. There's a reason Mitch has come out talking about FA so much. There's a reason the articles about LA dropping Hill for cap space are appearing. They have been linked with the big name FAs and while Killa the poster wouldn't spend money, LA see's it differently. By your logic, no one deserves max but 2-3 guys. Since those 3 guys are on teams, you have to compete for the other best talents.

LA has whiffed on those talents like never before, has been in 2 straight lotteries and their first lottery pick looks pretty bad especially coming off an injury. It was obsevation of reality - not analysis.

The analysis will be after their moves and what happens in FA. If the trend of LA targeting max FA and being turned down despite having max money continues, there is no where to hide - it means things have indeed changed. You liking the signings or saying you dodged a bullet doesn't matter and has no bearing. That's not the question to be answered.

You are mixing two parts of argument here. Yes, I can say that we dodged a bullet on Melo/Dwight because I said it at the time not after and that is different than saying long term the strategy of overpaying for stars on the wrong side of 30 or B level stars as A level stars is a dumb way to build a team.
You also dont know your facts what FA have the Lakers really signed? Shaq? artest? Where are the other big name free agents the Lakers have signed?

The Lakers, the championship version were built by draft picks and smart trades. Signing a big free agent is not a good sign because there is no shaq out there ... I would even settle for Artest but they did not break the bank for Artest and that was my point.

YEs, Mitch has to say the right things he talks to season ticket holders and he has expressed how impatient "we" are ... but the real fans the good fans are focused on 17 not making the playoffs. Signing those guys above will help raise us above the trash spot we are in but if one of those guys are our best players we will just be mediocre. Fuck that, we aint the Clippers.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Also Killa, you are wrong - there are no new max prices yet. The prices don't jump this summer, it's next. So theres a massive flaw/hole in your thinking and counter argument.

No I am not wrong. My point is in the new CBA (pre new TV money) it's dumb to overpay guys not worth it. Heck and I dont care about the TV deal anyways it's ALWAYS dumb to overpay ... I would think a smart spurs fan like yourself would realize this.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Again, that's not the point. That is the Killa POV (I agree w/ you by the way), but not the issue with LA. It's a leadership issue (Buss is dead), a Kobe issue (no one wants to play with him) & PR issue (luster has worn off, the rules have changed and can LA adapt).

Whether its trades or free agency, LA always got their man. When they wanted someone, they were never turned down because they were LA. Especially when LA had equal or greater money.

Dwight turned them down for less money. Pau turned them down for less money. Melo turned them down when they could have offered max money.

The problem is LA is no longer able to just say "we're LA, you will play for us" and players/agents making sure that happens. Regardless of the results on the court or the right way to do things (again, I agree with you) when LA wants people, they normally get them.

That has changed with this new leadership team. With the new CBA. This off season is huge in measuring that impact. Right now it looks really bad, but one off season of LA getting what they want, when the want it will make the past couple of years just a fluke. But if they swing and miss again and end up with a 2nd tier crop after making offers to the 1st tier (whether you like it personally or not), it will prove to be a changing of the guard in the NBA.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:17 PM
No I am not wrong. My point is in the new CBA (pre new TV money) it's dumb to overpay guys not worth it. Heck and I dont care about the TV deal anyways it's ALWAYS dumb to overpay ... I would think a smart spurs fan like yourself would realize this.

You are wrong on this point. You clearly said "new money". These crop of FA's at the CURRENT MAX are way cheaper than the new max will be NEXT year. Spurs fans do understand it and you are missing the point again.

It's not about understanding that. You are arguing apples to oranges. LA could always afford to overpay but the real question is do they get their man when they want their man? That is the only question that matters - not the results right now.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:19 PM

and getting space doesnt mean we are chasing the big fish we still have to build a team. If we are smart we look for a Ariza type signing the artest of 2010 not a Melo type.Hope they go for the "B" guys and offer "B" money if they dont want it .. fuck them and move on. Im done with the begging of dudes to stay or come ... go live in the shithole cities if you wish ... it's time to get back to being the Lakers. Im ready to step in if Mitch is not up to the task ... LOL

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:24 PM
You are wrong on this point. You clearly said "new money". These crop of FA's at the CURRENT MAX are way cheaper than the new max will be NEXT year. Spurs fans do understand it and you are missing the point again.

It's not about understanding that. You are arguing apples to oranges. LA could always afford to overpay but the real question is do they get their man when they want their man? That is the only question that matters - not the results right now.

No only thing you got right is we arguing different points. You are right we can afford (monetary) to pay whomever. but as we rebuild we cannot afford (limited asset allocation due to lack of picks and the cap) to overpay. My point is our team should not care about the big fish. You were the one that said if we dont get a big name FA My point is we shouldnt target one regardless and should look to build the team and wait for a disgruntled star to come calling. The new FO and fans have it backwards. they want the star but we dont have the support system in place. that is one of the reasons Dwight left (kobe was another) and why Melo didnt even have us #2. Agin glad we didnt "win" because we have cap space.

BTW, I used new money because Simmons (I believe even you) have said that you have to pay guys like Parsons, Hayward etc near max. when I have been steadfast against it. that is what I meant by new money. Dudes in the old days (now Im getting old) those kind of role players never got paid big bucks. And I dont give a shit if Cubes or Morey is throwing around money (all pre TV money) I say you never gonna win a title throwing max at players that dont deserve it. I dont give two shits who it is. I think this came up with Kiwi and yes I think I argued I would pay him but even he is questionable at that price, tbh.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:27 PM
No only thing you got right is we arguing different points. You are right we can afford (monetary) to pay whomever. but as we rebuild we cannot afford (limited asset allocation due to lack of picks and the cap) to overpay. My point is our team should not care about the big fish. You were the one that said if we dont get a big name FA My point is we shouldnt target one regardless and should look to build the team and wait for a disgruntled star to come calling. The new FO and fans have it backwards. they want the star but we dont have the support system in place. that is one of the reasons Dwight left (kobe was another) and why Melo didnt even have us #2. Agin glad we didnt "win" because we have cap space.

I get your point. I agree with your point. The fact is though, its a brave new world it appears for LA fans. Whether you like it or not, LA whiffing on the players they want (whether you agree or not) is something never seen before the past few years.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't disagree that Killa would do a better job than Mitch with his mindset. Still scary and interesting for everyone around the league to see LA turn into beggers and lose.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:32 PM
I get your point. I agree with your point. The fact is though, its a brave new world it appears for LA fans. Whether you like it or not, LA whiffing on the players they want (whether you agree or not) is something never seen before the past few years.

I agree because we didnt chase FA's ... To recap I am only arguing that this FA year shouldnt mean much. Lakers should just look to get a #2 or a #3 piece in this draft and another in FA. There is no franchise star in this draft and there isnt one in Fa that will lead us to 17. But when we do get a #1 it would help if the #2, 3 and 4 are already in place.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:33 PM
I agree because we didnt chase FA's ... To recap I am only arguing that this FA year shouldnt mean much. Lakers should just look to get a #2 or a #3 piece in this draft and another in FA. There is no franchise star in this draft and there isnt one in Fa that will lead us to 17. But when we do get a #1 it would help if the #2, 3 and 4 are already in place.

That's basketball-wise. My entire point was the other side. Mitch seems to be gearing up for this year whether we think it's smart or not.

If LA whiffs on this year's crop of 1st tier FA's after making offers, it will signal a true shift in the power this once proud franchise held..

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:35 PM
But getting to your point, Killa I agree. LA has to learn to adapt. No longer can they just say "we are LA, look at the rings" and make things happen. They have to learn how to build a winner without the built in advantages they are so used to having.

In order to do that, they need to make smart signings. They need to do better in the draft and start valuing picks.

LA is no where near the same spot as the Spurs. Getting LMA/Gasol wouldn't do anything for them with Kobe on the roster. Then when he finally releases the franchise from his grips, Gasol/LMA are a little older and won't be in win now mode.

Spurs are so adding someone with age isn't as big of a deal. Wouldn't be terrible to add LMA or Gasol if you're LA assuming Kobe retires after this year, but if he doesn't, you now spent a lot of money on an older player and really aren't close to winning.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:39 PM
That's basketball-wise. My entire point was the other side. Mitch seems to be gearing up for this year whether we think it's smart or not.

If LA whiffs on this year's crop of 1st tier FA's after making offers, it will signal a true shift in the power this once proud franchise held..

That is already showing. they have to change that by being smart ...not by chasing big name FA. I didnt mean to come after you here just sick of the doomsday crap heaped at Buss. Dwight left that hurt only cuz we got nothing in return ...Pau left because we dicked him around not because we lost power. And melo was never really considering us the fact we "intrigued him" with our presntation is a strength not a weakness.

Not saying I am not concerned DPG, but I trust Mitch and hope he doenst burn that trust buy signing Love and Rondo to big deals ...also the last set of coaches have me worried I advocated a Stevens/oillie/donovan type coach but we keep going for re-treads because they think that is what the fans/Kobe wants. Fuck that too .

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:43 PM
and by some accounts of if we sign Love and Rondo people will say we won FA ... we showed we can sign big names ...all is right in the world!! But then when it's playoff time ...we get rolled, by Davis, Blake, Steph the real stars. Fuck that too ...

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:45 PM
That is already showing. they have to change that by being smart ...not by chasing big name FA. I didnt mean to come after you here just sick of the doomsday crap heaped at Buss. Dwight left that hurt only cuz we got nothing in return ...Pau left because we dicked him around not because we lost power. And melo was never really considering us the fact we "intrigued him" with our presntation is a strength not a weakness.

Not saying I am not concerned DPG, but I trust Mitch and hope he doenst burn that trust buy signing Love and Rondo to big deals ...also the last set of coaches have me worried I advocated a Stevens/oillie/donovan type coach but we keep going for re-treads because they think that is what the fans/Kobe wants. Fuck that too .

Well honestly, I feel Laker fans may luck out. I think LA being turned into "beggers" might work in your favor. It won't be due to anything LA leadership does, but blind luck. They will pursue max FA's like you don't want, but will be turned down. They will be forced to "settle" for that 2nd or 3rd tier but probably end up ok because that was what they needed anyways.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:47 PM
and by some accounts of if we sign Love and Rondo people will say we won FA ... we showed we can sign big names ...all is right in the world!! But then when it's playoff time ...we get rolled, by Davis, Blake, Steph the real stars. Fuck that too ...

Probably true - if you even make the playoffs (depends on Kobe and if he can impact positively or not). LA needs to crush this draft pick. But even if LA makes mistakes in FA by signing the guys you discussed, I would still be happy about that long-term. It would show LA still has juice and hopefully they turn that into smart building over time.

The worst thing is if that built in advantage is truly gone, I don't know if this "proud" ownership with the old mindsets has it in them to adjust. It might signal a long, ugly road with more down's than up's if their advantage is gone.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:50 PM
But way to go LkrFan - started a thread and a basketball discussion broke out.

Killakobe81
06-19-2015, 03:53 PM

I know this is a troll haven but this is what matters to me, not cucks, off court finances etc. Not only Lakers, but sixers with Embiid Bulls with Jimmy Butler Cavs all have major descions that really will hit come draft night and FA ...

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Yup - this my favorite time of year. NBA draft is coming up. Finals are over so you really see the rumor mill start to turn up. Free agency is 12 days away. Very exciting time for the NBA.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:29 PM
^They're loading up Bledsoe here along with #13 to the Knicks for their #4.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:33 PM
There is no chance of that IMO, Thread. They moved both Goran & Thomas and kept Bledsoe. Of course the Knicks would do that. Even without the #13 IMO. If they could guarantee a Bledsoe with the #4 pick they would sign up for sure. But no way the Suns trade a proven player (somewhat, even if he's been overrated) plus a lottery pick just to move up to 4 where it's likely a guard who will be availble for the taking anyway.

For the #4 by itself and keep their #13? Sure - I can see them starting over if they can have two lottery picks.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:36 PM
There is no chance of that IMO, Thread. They moved both Goran & Thomas and kept Bledsoe. Of course the Knicks would do that. Even without the #13 IMO. If they could guarantee a Bledsoe with the #4 pick they would sign up for sure. But no way the Suns trade a proven player (somewhat, even if he's been overrated) plus a lottery pick just to move up to 4 where it's likely a guard who will be availble for the taking anyway.

For the #4 by itself and keep their #13? Sure - I can see them starting over if they can have two lottery picks.

No, it's inside information from someone in the Knicks that is a hookup with the local guy here John Gambodoro, 98.7.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:38 PM
No, it's inside information from someone in the Knicks that is a hookup with the local guy here John Gambodoro, 98.7.

Not surprised its coming from NY. Like I said, of course they would do that. PHX is not that dumb. I mean, honestly it might not be the worst real world idea for PHX to part ways with Bledsoe and have plenty of cap space and the #4, but that would be bad value to give them the guaranteed player + the shot at another lottery talent just for a gamble at #4.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Whiffing on players. Look at Rockets/Bulls roster and tell me with a straight face that you would have stayed in LA - especially with post-Achilles Kobe and a shitty supporting cast. Bulls and Rockets BOTH offered a better situation for Pau and D12. Money wasn't the issue - they both made some serious dough being 10+ year stars.

I wouldn't take that as a cue that Lakers can't sign talent. Lakers are in a total different situation cap wise and talent wise. Who wouldn't want to come to LA to play with Randle (who is 100% healthy btw), Clarkson, and either Towns/Okafor + cap space and Lakers' tradition of taking care of their stars? $48.5 million KT was just as much strategic in when it ends (during 2016 where true max players like KD are UFAs) as it was showing FAs that they will take care of them, just like Dr. Buss always did. He's gone, but the Logo's protégé isn't.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Not surprised its coming from NY. Like I said, of course they would do that. PHX is not that dumb. I mean, honestly it might not be the worst real world idea for PHX to part ways with Bledsoe and have plenty of cap space and the #4, but that would be bad value to give them the guaranteed player + the shot at another lottery talent just for a gamble at #4.

They don't want him here, and he's never been enamored either. It's sour milk. They want that money back & a redo.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Well, we will see then right? This off season will be telling. You will have Okafor + max money and you live in LA so it should be a no-brainer that the best FA's this class has to offer will be lining up for LA.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:41 PM
They don't want him here, and he's never been enamored either. It's sour milk. They want that money back & a redo.

I think it makes real world sense too, but it's rare you see that reset button especially when the player is well regarded still in the league. Don't think you would have to give up a lottery pick + Bled to get into the top of the draft IMO. Might do it though.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 04:42 PM

:lol - I don't always troll. :)

DMC
06-19-2015, 04:43 PM
He's using pesos I think.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:44 PM
I think it makes real world sense too, but it's rare you see that reset button especially when the player is well regarded still in the league. Don't think you would have to give up a lottery pick + Bled to get into the top of the draft IMO. Might do it though.

Yep, that want to parade that $80 million dollars all over Phoenix. At like 7.5% interest it's worth like even more.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Yep, that want to parade that $80 million dollars all over Phoenix. At like 7.5% interest it's worth like even more.

:)

Clipper Nation
06-19-2015, 04:55 PM
:lmao

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:56 PM
:)

WTF happened to the laughing emo?

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:56 PM

Oh, yeah, just hilarious. You asshole, you.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 04:57 PM
WTF happened to the laughing emo?

It's still there. The non laugh emo is more an extension of good will intentions.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Still playing checkers eh? Strategic signing.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Oh, yeah, just hilarious. You asshole, you.
It IS pretty hilarious, thanks for noticing.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Still playing checkers eh? Strategic signing.
You're right, Garbajosa. It is a strategic signing... following det George W. Bush "Mission Accomplished" strategy.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 05:19 PM
You're right, Garbajosa. It is a strategic signing... following det George W. Bush "Mission Accomplished" strategy.

We took care of our aging superstar and had his mega contract end in the same exact year when the big fish are available. Plus our young guns will have a year under their belts together, plus cap space? I think that is attractive for FAs. Let's see how it shakes out though.

DPG21920
06-19-2015, 05:21 PM
:lmao Young guns

You have a tweener who broke his leg and someone that came from the d-league. I'm not saying they won't be good or can't be good - but no one is looking at the Lakers "talent" and thinking "Oh ya, I can win with that".

They need this draft pick to be a home run.

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 05:50 PM
:lmao Young guns

You have a tweener who broke his leg and someone that came from the d-league. I'm not saying they won't be good or can't be good - but no one is looking at the Lakers "talent" and thinking "Oh ya, I can win with that".

They need this draft pick to be a home run.

Randle is 100%. Clarkson was all NBA rookie 1st team. Not expecting our #2 to be a franchise talent - he'll be a "piece" towards building our roster. I'm cool with either of the bigs and lukewarm on Russell being #2.

#27 and #34 should be players that (in theory) will help upgrade our shitty bench, on cheap rookie deals.

They must use that cap space wisely though. We'll see soon enough.

LkrFan
06-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Should the Lakers take Russell instead of Okafor?

When watching today’s the NBA, it is hard to escape the idea that the league is moving more and more towards perimeter oriented attacks. The pick and roll is now a primary action of most offenses and teams are valuing spacing and three point shooting more than ever. The Warriors just won the championship featuring an offense predicated on high volume three point field goal attempts, backed by Steph Curry, the first point guard to win league MVP and an NBA championship in the same season since Magic Johnson. And while I’m of the mind thatthe NBA isn’t so much a guard’s league as it is a skill league, it would be foolish to ignore the importance of a dynamic perimeter player to winning basketball.

This brings us to D’Angelo Russell, the Ohio State point guard who is currently rated as the top guard in the draft and a real option for the Lakers with the 2nd overall pick. While some will bristle at the fact the Lakers would even consider passing on whichever big man is on the board after the Wolves make their selection, Russell’s game is diverse and exceptional enough to put some of those concerns to bed.

To put it bluntly, Russell is a fantastic offensive player who really can do it all on that end of the floor. He possesses a smooth, refined game with equal parts savvy and moxie to be able to hurt defenses all over the floor with his scoring and ability to create shots for his teammates.*Combine his skill level with his excellent size (6’5″) and length (6’9.75″ wingspan) and you quickly see why scouts salivate over his prospects at the next level.

When watching tape on Russell, his scoring ability instantly stands out. His jumper is smooth and comes with a quick release. He has range beyond the NBA three point line, but has real comfort level getting into the mid-range, separating from his man, and hitting jumpers in the 15-18 foot range. Further, when defenders crowd him, he has a good enough handle to get into the paint and either finish with a floater or get all the way to the rim for a bucket. Not to mention he can do excellent work off the ball as a spot up shooter or as a worker off screens as well. Being able to score in so many ways and at all three levels of the offense will serve him well in the NBA as he should be able to keep defenses off balance by not allowing them to key in on a single aspect of his game.

The most impressive part of his offensive game, however, might just be his court vision and passing ability. It’s clear Russell has a high basketball IQ. He can see how defenses are moving within their scheme and then has an ability to think one or two steps ahead to deliver a pass to an open teammate.

One of the keys to being a successful point guard in the league is the ability to make the “next level” pass when defenses take away first and second reads. Many guards never truly master this skill, but Russell already looks to have this part of the game in his tool-kit after only a single college season.*The complex skip passes, delayed entries to diving big men, and “hockey” passes where he’s making the pass which leads to the pass for the assist are all part of his arsenal, showing an acumen for passing which is rare in a prospect his age. His willingness to accept pressure from defenses and be a willing passer out of that pressure with the poise he does is just fantastic.

Where Russell does have some issues is on the defensive side of the ball. While he has the physical tools to be a good defender, there are times he floats through possessions or simply doesn’t engage.*In a recent article on Grantland, one anonymous NBA scout had this to say about Russell’s defense:

My issues with him are defensively. He guards with his instincts, that’s it. He’s so creative with his offense, so he knows the game, he’s smart. He knows how to defend — he’ll get into the passing lanes, he knows how to dig and recover, he knows rotations. But he can’t (expletive) guard anything. He’s disinterested. I saw [Ohio State]*play Marquette earlier in the year. They were playing zone defense. Thad Matta doesn’t play zone. They were doing it to help Russell.

He gets by with his instincts, and I don’t know if you can do that in our league. I think that’ll be an issue for him. But he’s prideful enough and works at it [enough] to just be (expletive) capable.

The good thing is that Russell is young enough and smart enough to improve. Just as*we talked about with Jahlil Okafor, it’s easy to forget these guys are only 19 years old and are nowhere near finished products. Russell has the physical tools and with the right coaching and a desire to improve, there is no reason he can’t become at least a passable defender. He has to want to do it, though. My guess is that he will, but that is just a guess.

Speaking of Okafor, I have said this before on twitter, but Russell is, to me, essentially the point guard version of the Duke big man as a prospect. Both players possess good size for their positions (including excellent length), both are offensive wizards who were the focal point of their team’s attack, both make the game look very easy, and both are knocked for their relative lack of athleticism and their questionable defense. Like with Okafor, I have few doubts Russell develops into an excellent pro who, at the very least, is an impactful offensive player who you can trust to get baskets and create easy looks for teammates. If either develop into even neutral defenders, the value their offense brings will be well worth the investment of a high draft pick.

When thinking about the Lakers, then, one has to strongly consider Russell as an option. Yes, the team has Jordan Clarkson, but as I have noted with other prospects in relation to fit next to Julius Randle, it would be silly to pass on a player who has such a high ceiling simply because you wonder about his fit next to a player who he may be (and in Russell’s case with Clarkson, likely is) better than.

The more pressing question, though, would be whether passing on a big man to draft Russell is the keenest idea. For me, personally, it is not. But the argument can be made (rather convincingly, I might add) that as the game does continue to evolve and the rules only further benefit perimeter players, having a potentially elite offensive player on the perimeter is even more important than having an elite offensive big man. Forget about the Warriors for a moment and think back to some of the most successful Lakers’ teams — whether we’re talking Kobe, Magic, or West this organization has always had a closer on the wing who could initiate the offense and either get his own shot or create a good one for a teammate. Russell, at his best, looks to be a player who fits that mold.

Whether the Lakers value that more than what a big man like Okafor could bring to the table isn’t known. But it’s not silly to think they would. Especially when it comes to Russell. He looks to be that good. If you don’t believe me, here are some clips to see for yourself:
LINK: http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2015/06/19/lakers-dangelo-russell-nba-draft/#more-18292

I know The Dubs just cut down the nets and made the Cavs adjust to their style of play (by basically sitting Mozgov after a monster 28/10 game), but I'm a fan of bigs. Lakers have won with skilled bigs: Mikan, KAJ, Shaq, and Pau. They should draft Okafor and not look back.

Once he gets into NBA shape and works with KAJ on the nuances of big man play, he'll take steps towards being elite at the NBA level. And to think, he's at least 6 years away from his prime.

DPG21920
06-22-2015, 04:38 PM

In thining about it more, I guess getting a top 4 pick for Bledsoe (even if it means giving up #13) is probably just too much value to pass on.

illmatic
06-22-2015, 04:47 PM
^They're loading up Bledsoe here along with #13 to the Knicks for their #4.

Thank Christ.

LkrFan
06-22-2015, 07:32 PM
The Lakers will likely have to decide between Duke big man Jahlil Okafor and Ohio State guard D'Angelo Russell with the second overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft on Thursday, and odds are the Lakers will end up taking Okafor. But Russell certainly has a strong case to be made, and in an interview with Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, he made his case:

"If I were to go to the Lakers, I wouldn't want anybody to hand me anything," Russell told Yahoo Sports. "I wouldn't expect Kobe to take me under his wing. I think he will want to see a resemblance of that hunger and fire that he came into the league with as a young kid. No one needs to be nicest guy in the world, or needs to pretend to be that. He will see through that, pick all that apart ... I've got to be me."

-Via "D'Angelo Russell makes his case for the Lakers to take him No. 2 in the NBA draft (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/d-angelo-russell-makes-his-case-for-the-lakers-to-take-him-no--2-in-the-nba-draft-202142022.html)"
Russell averaged 19.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 5.0 assists at Ohio State while posting a 57.3 true shooting percentage and a 26.6 PER.

As for me, I'm still incredibly conflicted on what I want the Lakers to do. Russell was my favorite player to watch all year long in college, and at various points I even said that I want Russell on the Lakers over anyone in the draft. When faced with the reality of the choice, though, it's going to be incredibly hard to pass on Okafor. Regardless, I will be very happy with either one, assuming that is indeed the choice.

LINK: http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/6/22/8826389/dangelo-russell-to-yahoo-sports-if-i-were-to-go-to-the-lakers-i

Now thats the kind of attitude I like. :tu

DPG21920
06-22-2015, 07:34 PM
[/I][/I]
LINK: http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/6/22/8826389/dangelo-russell-to-yahoo-sports-if-i-were-to-go-to-the-lakers-i

Now thats the kind of attitude I like. :tu

So now you're on that DPG "Lakers will take a guard" bandwagon?

LkrFan
06-22-2015, 07:46 PM
So now you're on that DPG "Lakers will take a guard" bandwagon?
I think so.

I was listening to Okafor on Cowherd earlier today. He was noncommittal of where he would like to go. I guess that's understandable, but he seemed aloof with no fire in his belly. No passion for the game.

As as much as I am pissed off with Shaq, he was a mean SOB out there - even when he ballooned up to 400lbs. I don't get that from Okafor and that's disappointing.

The way the league is being played now it might be best to draft Russell. He seems like the big stage might not be too big for him. We'll see what Mitch does Thursday night.

DPG21920
06-22-2015, 07:49 PM
I think so.

I was listening to Okafor on Cowherd earlier today. He was noncommittal of where he would like to go. I guess that's understandable, but he seemed aloof with no fire in his belly. No passion for the game.

As as much as I am pissed off with Shaq, he was a mean SOB out there - even when he ballooned up to 400lbs. I don't get that from Okafor and that's disappointing.

The way the league is being played now it might be best to draft Russell. He seems like the big stage might not be too big for him. We'll see what Mitch does Thursday night.

I am definitely the first to admit I don't watch a lot of college BB (Hate it tbh..) so evaluating talent pre-nba is really hard for me. However, there doesn't seem to be a big talent gap between Okafor & Russell - so I don't think LA would necessarily be passing on the more talented player by skipping on Okafor (that could obviously change with time if one works out and one busts).

But my logic is they need a guard. Bad. Kobe is old and they don't have any playmakers. Sure, they are impressed with Clarkson, but are they that high on him? Plus, there are so damn many bigs in FA that it's probably easier to get one there vs a guard.

LkrFan
06-22-2015, 08:04 PM
I am definitely the first to admit I don't watch a lot of college BB (Hate it tbh..) so evaluating talent pre-nba is really hard for me. However, there doesn't seem to be a big talent gap between Okafor & Russell - so I don't think LA would necessarily be passing on the more talented player by skipping on Okafor (that could obviously change with time if one works out and one busts).

But my logic is they need a guard. Bad. Kobe is old and they don't have any playmakers. Sure, they are impressed with Clarkson, but are they that high on him? Plus, there are so damn many bigs in FA that it's probably easier to get one there vs a guard.I'm hearing they're pretty high on Clarkson, but I'm not sure if they have the stones to pass on a 6'5" 19 year old lefty with great court vision.

Lakers always won with dominant bigs, but the league has changed. Like you said, we can go get a big in FA - especially if Russell projects to having a higher ceiling than Okafor (many scouts thinks he does).

If the Lakers still draft Okafor, to me that confirms that they are pretty high on Clarkson.

DPG21920
06-22-2015, 08:52 PM
I think so.

What you think of this sons? Go to 8:00 min on mark..

KFUOpOe0j8o

LkrFan
06-22-2015, 09:08 PM

Killakobe81
06-23-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm hearing they're pretty high on Clarkson, but I'm not sure if they have the stones to pass on a 6'5" 19 year old lefty with great court vision.

Lakers always won with dominant bigs, but the league has changed. Like you said, we can go get a big in FA - especially if Russell projects to having a higher ceiling than Okafor (many scouts thinks he does).

If the Lakers still draft Okafor, to me that confirms that they are pretty high on Clarkson.

Kobe is almost done. Being high on Clarkson shouldnt stop them from drafting Russell. Kobe probably needs to go to SF anyway. he cant chase around screens anymore. Having a Russell/Clarkson backcourt for when Kobe is hurt would be awesome I think their skills would work well except Clarkson needs to improve his shot ...

Killakobe81
06-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Point above being take BPA ..if it's Oak take him if it's Drussell take him. Kobe or Clarkson being on the roster or Randle even shouldnt change who we select. We can always trade one later if needed.

LkrFan
06-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Kobe is almost done. Being high on Clarkson shouldnt stop them from drafting Russell per se. Kobe probably needs to go to SF anyway. he cant chase around screens anymore. Having a Russell/Clarkson backcourt for when Kobe is hurt would be awesome I think their skills would work well except Clarkson needs to improve his shot ...
Agreed. Clarkson in my eyes isn't a deal breaker for drafting Russell. My issue is, if Russell is only marginally better than Clarkson, I'd rather see them draft Winslow if they don't take Okafor. For me it is about balance:

Clarkson
Kobe
Winslow
Randle
??

Or...

Russell
Kobe
Danny Green :D
Randle
??

Or...

Clarkson
Kobe
Danny Green :D
Randle
Okafor

Thursday can't come soon enough.

Buddy Mignon
06-23-2015, 06:01 PM
What you think of this sons? Go to 8:00 min on mark..

KFUOpOe0j8o

Give me Parker and Kiwi and he's yours.

LkrFan
06-23-2015, 06:23 PM
CohLNgotC9s

Donkeybong
06-23-2015, 07:52 PM
I like the idea of drafting Russell and signing Aldridge. Good for present and future.

Thread
06-24-2015, 06:23 AM
I like the idea of drafting Russell and signing Aldridge. Good for present and future.

Aldridge would get eaten alive in Los Angeles. We'd both be miserable. He'd be another coming of Samaki Walker.

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Aldridge would get eaten alive in Los Angeles. We'd both be miserable. He'd be another coming of Samaki Walker.

Nah he is more a poor man's Pau. But with no Kobe (healthy) to drive or PJ to coach or Fisher to lead he would not be able to get us to 17

m>s
06-24-2015, 09:30 AM
The mavs haven't drafted anyone since josh Howard I hope that changes soon

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 04:34 AM
Boogie + LMA to the Lakers Rumor:

12:38am: People within the Trail Blazers organization increasingly believe Aldridge is set to bolt, while the Lakers have become confident that they have a shot, Stein reports in a full story (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13145694/portland-trail-blazers-growing-belief-forward-lamarcus-aldridge-leave-team-free-agency). The Blazers plan to be “very aggressive” in efforts to convince Damian Lillard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lillada01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-hoops.traderumors.com) to sign a five-year max extension, according to Stein, who writes in the same story, though it would appear that they won’t have to try too hard, since the point guard wants to sign (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/04/damian-lillard-extension.html) that extension after he becomes eligible to do so in July, as Shams Charania of RealGM reported in April.

12:16am: The Lakers have eclipsed the Mavericks on unrestricted free agent LaMarcus Aldridge (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-hoops.traderumors.com)‘s list of preferred destinations should he leave Portland, Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports (Twitter link (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/613932486511489024)). While the Spurs are now at the top of his list, Los Angeles is gaining traction as a potential landing spot, Stein adds. This is a change from a report (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/western-aldridge-porzingis.html) made last week by Bleacher Report’s Ric Bucher, who noted that Los Angeles was a distant third on Aldridge’s wish list.
Dallas was previously regarded as the biggest threat to lure the talented forward away from the Blazers, and Aldridge had reportedly soured on San Antonio as a destination, according to a separate report (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/biggest-lamarcus-aldridge.html) from Bucher. The All-Star power forward can be fickle (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/04/teammates-lamarcus-aldridge.html), as The Oregonian’s Jason Quick wrote several weeks ago, and that’s evidenced not only by his apparent change of heart regarding a long-term commitment to the Blazers but also his apparent reshuffling of preferred teams. League sources had informed Bucher that the idea of returning to his native Texas is what appeals to him, not any specific team.
The Lakers currently have $35,075,659 in guaranteed salary committed for 2015/16, which would leave plenty of room for the team to float a maximum salary offer Aldridge’s way. Though, with Los Angeles’ reported (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/lakers-cousins-kings.html) pursuit of the Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-hoops.traderumors.com), its cap figure could change drastically as a result. But landing the talented Cousins from Sacramento would likely strengthen the Lakers’ appeal in Aldridge’s eyes, though that is merely my speculation. One potential sticking point with such a frontcourt pairing would be Cousins’ stated preference to play more at power forward, which likely wouldn’t be the case if partnered alongside Aldridge. But a chance to contend could assuage Cousins in this regard, and it would certainly be a tremendous coup for Los Angeles to land both players this offseason.

LINK: http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/lamarcus-aldridge-growing.html

LMA is too old and soft to be a max player. Don't do it, Mitch.

Franklin
06-25-2015, 04:55 AM
LMA is too old and soft to be a max player, while Kobe is not too old and not too injury-prone for a 2yr 48.5m contract...

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 05:12 AM
LMA is too old and soft to be a max player, while Kobe is not too old and not too injury-prone for a 2yr 48.5m contract...
Stop playing checkers son. That was a strategic contract. Depending on what we do tonight (trades or keep J Clarkson, Randle, #2, #27, #34 + a ton of cap space for 2015) and we still have enough to sign a max player this year despite Kobe's contract. Then we have enough cap space in 2016 to damn near sign 2 max players in FA. 2016 is the target. We put together a decent roster this year that may be a "player or two" away, take our lumps, then make our moves next year..

Boogie is a top 5 center, but I (hope) we don't mortgage our future to get him. Mitch has surprised us before (MVPAU) so all of my gibberish may be obsolete. :lol

jeebus
06-25-2015, 11:43 AM

illmatic
06-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Stop playing checkers son. That was a strategic contract. Depending on what we do tonight (trades or keep J Clarkson, Randle, #2, #27, #34 + a ton of cap space for 2015) and we still have enough to sign a max player this year despite Kobe's contract. Then we have enough cap space in 2016 to damn near sign 2 max players in FA. 2016 is the target. We put together a decent roster this year that may be a "player or two" away, take our lumps, then make our moves next year..

Boogie is a top 5 center, but I (hope) we don't mortgage our future to get him. Jerry West has surprised us before (MVPAU) so all of my gibberish may be obsolete. :lol

FTFY.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 12:16 PM
FTFY.

Logo wasn't employed by Memphis at the time of The Gift! tbh. :)

DPG21920
06-25-2015, 06:01 PM
I think so.

Could DPG be right? Lot of chatter all of the sudden about LA & Russ. Hope they don't.

DPG21920
06-25-2015, 06:54 PM
LkrFan get in here

HI-FI
06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Well...uh.......hey LkrFan least you haven't been deported.

Killakobe81
06-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Knicks fans lol ...
Im Happy with DRussell now we need to get a big ...

DPG21920
06-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Knicks fans lol ...

Spurs fan right about a Laker pick over Laker fans.

pgardn
06-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Kobe only has one year to work his pedagogical magic on the boy.

Killakobe81
06-25-2015, 07:08 PM

No surprise you know my cap better than I do ... I am happy with it if they felt he was best player.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:08 PM
I love the pick. Gotta admit, I'm SHOCKED, but in a good way. The NBA has changed. We just saw the Dubs go small, which turned the Finals around, then win it all.

5-6 years ago the Lakers would have drafted Okafor. Times have changed and it's good to see our FO recognized this and drafted accordingly.

I could see the Lakers building around this kid. Hopefully Magic takes him under his wing - which I am sure will happen.

In today's NBA, you need good guard play. We just drafted the best in the draft.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Knicks fans lol ...

Free agency is where we'll get our bigs. Cousins might still be a possibility...

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:10 PM

Props. :tu

DPG21920
06-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Free agency is where we'll get our bigs. Cousins might still be a possibility...

You're welcome tbh.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Well...uh.......hey LkrFan least you haven't been deported.:lol

HI-FI
06-25-2015, 07:13 PM
I love the pick. Gotta admit, I'm SHOCKED, but in a good way. The NBA has changed. We just saw the Dubs go small, which turned the Finals around, then win it all.

5-6 years ago the Lakers would have drafted Okafor. Times have changed and it's good to see our FO recognized this and drafted accordingly.

I could see the Lakers building around this kid. Hopefully Magic takes him under his wing - which I am sure will happen.

In today's NBA, you need good guard play. We just drafted the best in the draft.
It took you a few minutes to throw up, splash water on your face and once again put a happy spin on things. Props :tu.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:14 PM
You're welcome tbh.

I'm hoping he has that early J-Kidd affect. Everybody wanted to play with a PG that can pass that rock. He should also help Kobe be a little more efficient too.

I'm wondering what they'll do with Jordan Clarkson?

pgardn

Magic won't intrude on Kobe's student.
This is gonna be great.
The interaction will be wonderful when the kid screws up.

DPG21920
I'm hoping he has that early J-Kidd affect. Everybody wanted to play with a PG that can pass that rock. He should also help Kobe be a little more efficient too.

Everyone needs a back up. Having a good one is valuable.

Kool Bob Love
06-25-2015, 07:15 PM

kobe gonna play mind games and you know it.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:18 PM
It took you a few minutes to throw up, splash water on your face and once again put a happy spin on things. Props :tu.Mikan, KAJ, Shaq, and Pau - we've ALWAYS won with great Bigs. But the league has changed. This kid can pass so well and has a great feel for the game.

He's 19 so he'll take his lumps, but once he finds his groove, it's on. I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm tbh.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Everyone needs a back up. Having a good one is valuable.

That's true. I remember midnightpulp clowning because of our inept guard play. Tonight is a step in the right direction. Now let's see what they do to feel out the rest of the roster.

Buddy Mignon
06-25-2015, 07:21 PM

It will be a Clarkson and Russell backcourt. If we land Love or LMA I'm good.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:22 PM
kobe gonna play mind games and you know it.

Of course he will be hard on him. What's your point?

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:23 PM
It will be a Clarkson and Russell backcourt. If we land Love or LMA I'm good.

Out of those 2, I'd rather have LMA. They're both Charmin soft.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Magic won't intrude on Kobe's student.
This is gonna be great.
The interaction will be wonderful when the kid screws up.

I would be shocked if Magic disses this kid like that. He'll school him no doubt.

Thread
06-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Out of those 2, I'd rather have LMA. They're both Charmin soft.

Love would flourish in Los Angeles. LMA would shrivel.

Buddy Mignon
06-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Love would flourish in Los Angeles. LMA would shrivel.

Yup.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Love would flourish in Los Angeles. LMA would shrivel.Can't say I disagree. . . Love is damaged goods though.

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Dekker to Rockets? Lakers/Rockets trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nkn8rg9

Do it Mitch!

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Larry Nance Jr.? I'd rather his 63 year old dad tbh! :lmao

Mugen
06-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah, hopefully Magic takes him under his wing just like this guy:

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/ej.jpg

Thread
06-25-2015, 10:35 PM

Damn you, Mugs. You outta be beat with a stick for this. You SOB, you!!!

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 10:40 PM

Man get this shit out my thread! Fucken classh:lolle

Clipper Nation
06-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Larry Nance Jr.? I'd rather his 63 year old dad tbh! :lmao

Damn, Guillermo... with truth bombs like these, no wonder you're hating on the kid:

http://i.imgur.com/6ChrOmZ.jpg

LkrFan
06-25-2015, 10:43 PM
Damn, Guillermo... with truth bombs like these, no wonder you're hating on the kid:

http://i.imgur.com/6ChrOmZ.jpg:lol

I still can't believe he tweeted that shiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao

LkrFan
06-26-2015, 05:12 AM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Pix5kDbF-2rLfAWUjLPqVL1EGLY=/529x215:6423x4144/2400x1600/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46617072/usa-today-8205124.0.jpg

The Los Angeles Lakers weren't done working through prospects after the 2015 NBA Draft concluded. Undrafted free agent Robert Upshaw has committed to playing with the Lakers' Las Vegas Summer League squad,*reports Shams Charania of Real GM. giving the franchise a chance to look at a high-upside defensive center who fell out of the draft*following a heart issue that was flaggedduring the NBA Draft combine in Chicago. His health issues have since been cleared, but it wasn't enough to rescue his draft stock.

Upshaw is a shot-blocking presence with a 7'5 wingspan that makes him a tremendous rim protector. He averaged 4.5 blocks per game in 19 games played with the Washington Huskies. His season was cut short with Washington after he was kicked off the team following suspected drug-related issues, though, which was a big blow to his perceived value.

LINK: http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/6/25/8849989/nba-draft-robert-upshaw-la-lakers-summer-league

If Mitch hit on this kid (and they get him past his issues as he matures), we won the draft last night IMO.

LkrFan
06-26-2015, 06:40 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/004/000/190/hi-res-3c8a18e746b26ddcfd5dd2f3b6a65961_crop_north.jpg?w= 450&h=300&q=75

Overall Draft Grade: A

No. 2 Overall: D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State, 6'5", PG/SG, Freshman

The Los Angeles Lakers found their lead guard of the future in D'Angelo Russell, who offers the star power, skill level and versatility to really blow up.*

He's as good a passer as anyone we've seen in years, and with 6'5" size and the ability to create his own shot from any spot on the floor, he's flashed takeover ability and mismatch potential at the point.

The Lakers could even slide Russell off the ball, given his 41.1 percent three-point stroke.

If the Lakers took Duke's Jahlil Okafor, they would have had to worry about how he'd fit defensively alongside Julius Randle. Between the two of them, L.A. could have struggled to get much rim protection over the next few years.

Assuming the Lakers can reel in a high-profile free-agent big man, Russell was the right pick to build with.

No. 27 Overall: Larry Nance Jr., Wyoming, 6'8", PF, Senior

Nance Jr. was a surprise pick, especially with Georgia State's R.J. Hunter and Louisville's Montrezl Harrell on the board.

Nance is a terrific athlete and an active big man who can knock down mid-range jumpers and make plays at the hoop.

However, the Lakers could have likely picked him up at No. 34 overall.

Nance has the potential to become a role player, but the Lakers might have been better off being patient and waiting until Round 2.

No. 34 Overall: Anthony Brown, Stanford, 6'6", SF, Senior

Brown is a three-point specialist who knocked down at least 44 percent of his threes in back-to-back seasons. He isn't a threat to create, and he has average size and athleticism.

But Brown is a capable defender with an accurate three-point stroke.

If that sharp shooting can ultimately translate from one level to the next, the Lakers may have found a role player to stretch the floor and knock down jumpers.

LINK: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2506389-2015-nba-draft-grades-full-team-by-team-report-cards/page/3

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Los Angeles Lakers Prepare Contract Offer for LaMarcus Aldridge:

Aldridge already owns a home in Orange County, his initials are tailor-made for the Lakers, and it just so happens that his good plays were rewarded at Portland home games by an audio snippet of Randy Newman's "I Love L.A."

LINK: http://www.blazersedge.com/2015/6/27/8858355/los-angeles-lakers-lamarcus-aldridge-free-agent-contract-trail-blazers

Potential 2015 startin lineup:

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
LMA

On 2nd thought, do it Mitch. We got speed and versatility in the backcourt, all can pass, all can handle the rock, 3 of them can post up. Me likey. :tu

djohn2oo8
06-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Los Angeles Lakers Prepare Contract Offer for LaMarcus Aldridge:

LINK: http://www.blazersedge.com/2015/6/27/8858355/los-angeles-lakers-lamarcus-aldridge-free-agent-contract-trail-blazers

Potential 2015 startin lineup:

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
LMA

On 2nd thought, do it Mitch. We got speed and versatility in the backcourt, all can pass, all can handle the rock, 3 of them can post up. Me likey. :tu

That's an 8th seed team. You don't want your center to be a jump shooter who doesn't like playing deep in the paint.

djohn2oo8
06-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Lakers shouldn't make any moves on an expensive big right now. They should wait and see if Anthony Davis signs his extension.

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 01:20 PM
That's an 8th seed team. You don't want your center to be a jump shooter who doesn't like playing deep in the paint.

This is a piece towards building our roster. If we make the playoffs this year, good...but the goal is to continually build a perennial playoff teM long-term.

Small Ball will be here for a minute. LMA has probably the best midrange game (amongst bigs) in the NBA. It's all about spacing nowadays. The 2013 Heat, 2015 Dubs, and the 2014 Spurs have set the blueprint. It's a copycat league.

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Lakers shouldn't make any moves on an expensive big right now. They should wait and see if Anthony Davis signs his extension.
I hear ya, but the new CBA is quite prohibitive. Not as easy as it used to be to just poach a star player. I blame the Cavs and Mavs owners for that! :lol

Thread
06-28-2015, 01:26 PM
I hear ya, but the new CBA is quite prohibitive. Not as easy as it used to be to just poach a star player. I blame the Cavs and Mavs owners for that! :lol

At least we made as much hay as we could while the sun shined.

djohn2oo8
06-28-2015, 01:28 PM
This is a piece towards building our roster. If we make the playoffs this year, good...but the goal is to continually build a perennial playoff teM long-term.

Small Ball will be here for a minute. LMA has probably the best midrange game (amongst bigs) in the NBA. It's all about spacing nowadays. The 2013 Heat, 2015 Dubs, and the 2014 Spurs have set the blueprint. It's a copycat league.

I just don't see Aldridge signing to play center. He didn't seem to like it the times he did it in Portland.

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 01:33 PM
I just don't see Aldridge signing to play center. He didn't seem to like it the times he did it in Portland.

In today's NBA, center doesn't mean Shaq, Ewing, or any other banger - as it was in the past. He's 6'11" with range all the way out to 3pt territory. . . just like Bosh.

It's invaluable to have someone with that size and skill to draw swatters out of the lane. After a great 28/10 game, remember how Kerr made Blatt sit down Mozgov? That turned the series around and resulted in the Kang losing his 4th Finals.

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 01:38 PM
At least we made as much hay as we could while the sun shined.

Yep yep!

Thread
06-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Yep yep!

I always like to liken it to "The Great Escape." They come up 20 yards short of the woods. They luck out when the allies commence a bombing run and the Germans cut the lights. That's when they get as many GI's thru there as they can before the lights come back on. That's what the Lakers did:::got as many titles as we could before the "lights-The Cubes" came back on.

The Great Escape

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 02:16 PM
I always like to liken it to "The Great Escape." They come up 20 yards short of the woods. They luck out when the allies commence a bombing run and the Germans cut the lights. That's when they get as many GI's thru there as they can before the lights come back on. That's what the Lakers did:::got as many titles as we could before the "lights-The Cubes" came back on.The Great EscapeWell said. :tu

I like it that our much maligned FO is keeping up with the changing times. Okafor might be a rookie all star (EC is weak) or win ROY - who knows...but it clearly is a guard driven league now. The foresight the Lakers FO showed in drafting Russell puts a smile on my face. 5-6 years ago Okafor would have been the pick hands down.

They are betting that Russell has the higher ceiling than Okafor. Jim and Mitch made a "swing for the fences" pick - just like Dr. Buss and the Logo used to. High risk? You bet. The only PG bigger than his 6'5" frame is Livingston. This kid is only 19 and hasn't even matured physically. The Lakers are betting on a "high reward" from Russell. Just like old times.

I like the direction this team is going tbh.

Thread
06-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Well said. :tu

I like it that our much maligned FO is keeping up with the changing times. Okafor might be a rookie all star (EC is weak) or win ROY - who knows...but it clearly is a guard driven league now. The foresight the Lakers FO showed in drafting Russell puts a smile on my face. 5-6 years ago Okafor would have been the pick hands down.

They are betting that Russell has the higher ceiling than Okafor. Jim and Mitch made a "swing for the fences" pick - just like Dr. Buss and the Logo used to. High risk? You bet. The only PG bigger than his 6'5" frame is Livingston. This kid is only 19 and hasn't even matured physically. The Lakers are betting on a "high reward" from Russell. Just like old times.

I like the direction this team is going tbh.

I'd a taken Oak if he wasn't less than desirable in certain issues. The FT problem, his coach damning him on Cowherd's show, his indifference to the game he plays.

------

I don't really buy this "guard driven league" campaign, LF. Sure, state won it---but, their discipline on James is what delivered them. They knew who they were up against and formulated a brilliant strategy, then had the confidence to stay the course, even upping it by starting Iggy half way thru. That ploy was not by accident. It was by design. And it broke Cleveland's back.

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 03:55 PM
I'd a taken Oak if he wasn't less than desirable in certain issues. The FT problem, his coach damning him on Cowherd's show, his indifference to the game he plays.

------

I don't really buy this "guard driven league" campaign, LF. Sure, state won it---but, their discipline on James is what delivered them. They knew who they were up against and formulated a brilliant strategy, then had the confidence to stay the course, even upping it by starting Iggy half way thru. That ploy was not by accident. It was by design. And it broke Cleveland's back.

Agreed. As Phil Jackson always says, "you win with men" and by men, we're talking about the big men in the paint.

I really want the Lakers to pursue LMA and/or DeAndre Jordan for different reasons. LMA, for reasons I stated above...Jordan, because it will essentially kill the Clippers while providing us with elite defense, rebounding and swatting. He can makd up the difference in cash flow the Clippers can pay him simply because he's a Laker in terms of endorsements. The prestige of being the starting center for the Lakers may also be appealing to him. We'll see.

I am not fully onboard with small ball, but the days of throwing it down low to a back to the basket center are over until competent low post players. I think you still need a low post presence offensively and defensively. You have to be efficient though.

Getting either would be a step in the right direction. Next year KD may see the Lakers as a desirable destination if he sees a lineup of Russell, Clarkson, Kobe, Randle, LMA or Jordan...then Mitch tells him he can hand pick another max player to come onboard with him. Remember, we purposely stayed under the cap to prevent paying repeater luxury taxes. Even Jim Buss has proven that they are willing to go back into luxury tax territory for the right players.

Thread
06-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Agreed. As Phil Jackson always says, "you win with men" and by men, we're talking about the big men in the paint.

I really want the Lakers to pursue LMA and/or DeAndre Jordan for different reasons. LMA, for reasons I stated above...Jordan, because it will essentially kill the Clippers while providing us with elite defense, rebounding and swatting.

They're both losers, LF. It will be an exercise in futility. There is nobody that is going to help us get up off the floor. The available,,,the LEGITIMATELY available free agents are either losers, or, common level talent. I know that fact is depressing, but, putting your eggs in the baskets of LMA and Jordan is worse.

LkrFan
06-28-2015, 08:18 PM
They're both losers, LF. It will be an exercise in futility. There is nobody that is going to help us get up off the floor. The available,,,the LEGITIMATELY available free agents are either losers, or, common level talent. I know that fact is depressing, but, putting your eggs in the baskets of LMA and Jordan is worse.

Can't say I disagree. To get anyone better than those two, we'd get stripped of young assets on rookie deals. Hopefully Mitch can dust off his old magic wand. :lol

Thread
06-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Can't say I disagree. To get anyone better than those two, we'd get stripped of young assets on rookie deals. Hopefully Mitch can dust off his old magic wand. :lol

That's what it'll take,,,an act of God. It's like in that movie "Donny Brasco." Too many wiseguys chasin' the same nickel. We need more nickels, LF.

LkrFan
06-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA

Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are pursuing space to offer free agent deals to LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:09 PM
I would much rather pay DJ , LMA is 30 already, he probably has 2 more good years in him. DJ can monkeyball for quite sometime and hes durable.

Venti Quattro
06-30-2015, 06:27 PM
I would much rather pay DJ , LMA is 30 already, he probably has 2 more good years in him. DJ can monkeyball for quite sometime and hes durable.

I wouldn't pay DeAndre Jordan. He's 26 and still doesn't have a recognizable offensive game aside from the monkey mode.

LMA could be good for a 3 to 4 year deal.

LkrFan
06-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Jerry West endorses L.A. Lakers top draft pick D’Angelo Russell

D’Angelo Russell?

“I think he’s terrific,” West said.

He said it without hesitation.

“He passes the ball like, oh my gosh,” West added.

Are we talking a Magic Johnson or a healthy Steve Nash here?

Jay Bilas, the former Rolling Hills High (now Peninsula High) star now a talking head breaking down the draft for ESPN, has gone so far as to say, “D’Angelo Russell is a savant passing the ball.”

Looking at Russell, Nance and Anthony Brown, the Stanford forward selected No. 34 by the Lakers, West nodded to indicate his approval.

“I think they did incredibly well in the draft,” he said.
LINK: http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/20150629/mike-waldner-jerry-west-endorses-la-lakers-top-draft-pick-dangelo-russell

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't pay DeAndre Jordan. He's 26 and still doesn't have a recognizable offensive game aside from the monkey mode.

no way we give him the max, but we dont need DJ for offense, just to catch some lobs, and defend. Other than that there is a list of respectable bigs we can go after.

Gren Monroe,
Robin Lopez
Kosta Koufos
Tyson Chandler
Omer Asik
Amir Johnson

LkrFan
06-30-2015, 06:33 PM

I think LMA is very serviceable. He has the best midrange game amongst bigs. He even has 3pt range. I can see him killing it as a pick and pop player for us.

He would be piece number one towards rebuilding our roster.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Jerry West endorses L.A. Lakers top draft pick D’Angelo Russell

LINK: http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/20150629/mike-waldner-jerry-west-endorses-la-lakers-top-draft-pick-dangelo-russell

Its official, if the Logo said it, hes going to be top 5 PG all time. :lol NBA

LkrFan
06-30-2015, 06:34 PM
no way we give him the max, but we dont need DJ for offense, just to catch some lobs, and defend. Other than that there is a list of respectable bigs we can go after.

Gren Monroe,
Robin Lopez
Kosta Koufos
Tyson Chandler
Omer Asik
Amir Johnson
Out of those, give met Asik. You can't teach size. And he's a good defender too.

Venti Quattro
06-30-2015, 06:35 PM
no way we give him the max, but we dont need DJ for offense, just to catch some lobs, and defend.

Yeah I'm cool with him if he isn't gonna be asking for the max. But this guy is surely going to ask for a huge contract, and for that I'd rather have LMA or DMC.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Out of those, give met Asik. You can't teach size. And he's a good defender too.

those are in no particular order, but i agree. Is Mozgov a FA or no?

LkrFan
06-30-2015, 06:37 PM
those are in no particular order, but i agree. Is Mozgov a FA or no?

He's not available. LeHype won't let him leave, unfortunately.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:37 PM
Yeah I'm cool with him if he isn't gonna be asking for the max. But this guy is surely going to ask for a huge contract, and for that I'd rather have LMA or DMC.

Ive wanted Demarcus for a while, fuckin love the way that guy plays, but unless Mitch makes some miracle happen, its very very unlikely. Id give DJ 12-15 mill.

Venti Quattro
06-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Other than that there is a list of respectable bigs we can go after.

Gren Monroe,
Plausible.

Robin Lopez
Portland ain't letting him go because LMA is gone.

Kosta Koufos
Memphis ain't letting him go because they value their frontcourt.

Tyson Chandler
Won't walk out of Dallas.

Omer Asik
Plausible... mmmmmaybe? But NOP has a solid lineup and they have Alvin Gentry.

Amir Johnson
Plausible, Toronto would be looking to move players after choking two playoff series in a row.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Things are lookin up my laker brethren.

Venti Quattro
06-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Ive wanted Demarcus for a while, fuckin love the way that guy plays, but unless Mitch makes some miracle happen, its very very unlikely. Id give DJ 12-15 mill.

DMC is crazy but he's crazy but he's crazy because he wants to win.

I've always believed that if you surround this guy with a good team and give him playoff basketball, he will go out and perform.

Just really unfortunate that the Lakers won't get him unless they tank the entire roster.

C'mon Vlade, help us out here. It worked out well for Memphis.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:42 PM
DMC is crazy but he's crazy but he's crazy because he wants to win.

I've always believed that if you surround this guy with a good team and give him playoff basketball, he will go out and perform.

Just really unfortunate that the Lakers won't get him unless they tank the entire roster.

Exactly.

Just remember the Pau trade Venti.

LkrFan
07-09-2015, 06:56 PM

LkrFan
07-09-2015, 06:58 PM

LkrFan
07-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Jim playing center vs. Lakers. He betta put some arc on those bank shots! :lol

#17MTHIBBERT

IronMaxipad
07-09-2015, 07:04 PM
:lobt2:

ElNono
07-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Jordan Hill signs with Indiana

LkrFan
07-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Jordan Hill signs with Indiana
Surprised they didn't S&T him + Swaggy for Hibbert.

LkrFan
07-09-2015, 07:31 PM
G5vOZho1YuM

He goes up against KAT Daddy tomorrow. Then he got Okafor the next night. Time to see what he's made of.

LkrFan
07-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Hopefully we can replace Sacre with Upshaw. :tu

LkrFan
07-11-2015, 06:20 AM
Lakers expected to sign Robert Upshaw

Undrafted free-agent center Robert Upshaw, an ultra-talented shot-blocker who has also been kicked out of two colleges, has reached an agreement on a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers), a league source confirmed to ESPN late Friday night.

The source said the deal is expected to be completed in the coming days, and while immediate details weren't available, the source said the first year of the deal was partially guaranteed while the second year was non-guaranteed.
Northeast Ohio Media Group first reported that Upshaw had reached an agreement with the Lakers.

The 7-footer is playing with the Lakers' summer league squad and finished with 2 points, 3 blocks and 6 rebounds in nearly 13 minutes during the team's 81-68 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/min/minnesota-timberwolves) on Friday in Las Vegas.

Upshaw averaged 10.9 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.5 blocks in 19 games with the University of Washington last season before being dismissed from the program for a violation of team rules. At the time of his dismissal, his 85 blocks led the nation and set a single-season school record.

Upshaw, a Fresno native, transferred to Washington after being dismissed from Fresno State for a violation of team rules.

His off-the-court trouble led the potential first-round pick to go undrafted. But for the Lakers, Upshaw could be a low-risk, high-reward addition to their frontcourt. Upshaw had the longest wingspan at the 2015 NBA Draft Combine, measuring 7-foot-5 ½. He also had the highest standing reach at 9-5.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles-lakers/post/_/id/41723/lakers-expected-to-sign-robert-upshaw)

Not gonna lie, I'll be really happy when they sign this kid. Jab bar turned Bynum into an all star before his knee exploded. This kid is further along than when we drafted Bynum. I saw him swat KAT last night twice which was good to see. When he gets in shape we'll have two really good paint protectors.

LkrFan
07-11-2015, 06:28 AM

:tu

Raven
07-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Plausible.

Portland ain't letting him go because LMA is gone.

Memphis ain't letting him go because they value their frontcourt.

Won't walk out of Dallas.

Plausible... mmmmmaybe? But NOP has a solid lineup and they have Alvin Gentry.

Plausible, Toronto would be looking to move players after choking two playoff series in a row.

there's some insight right there :lmao

LkrFan
07-11-2015, 07:00 AM
-Ee3-rkzEJo

I hope this dude spends the rest of this offseason (and many more tbh) with Jabbar. He got skills already. Easily my new pet cat. :tu

LkrFan
07-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Upshaw vs #1 overall pick

3 swats in 13 minutes (2 on Towns :lol). He led the nation in swats (4.5/game) before he got kicked off the team. If he can swat/rebound, we got a steal. Hopefully he keeps his head on straight. Kid can ball.

LkrFan
07-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Clarkson looked great last night:

nFjIIzCSh0s

Looking forward to him and Russell playing together for years to come. :tu

Raven
07-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Upshaw vs #1 overall pick

3 swats in 13 minutes (2 on Towns :lol). He led the nation in swats (4.5/game) before he got kicked off the team. If he can swat/rebound, we got a steal. Hopefully he keeps his head on straight. Kid can ball.

he doesn't touch that ball imo

Spurs9
07-11-2015, 12:30 PM

:tu
Looks like that game yesterday already paid off for him :lol
He looked good.

midnightpulp
07-12-2015, 01:12 AM
G5vOZho1YuM

He goes up against KAT Daddy tomorrow. Then he got Okafor the next night. Time to see what he's made of.

He got waxed. :lol

:lol-3 :lol points

Bynumite
07-12-2015, 01:27 AM
It's a damn shame but Russell's career may be over after 2 summer league games.

On that note, Belinelli scored 37 points on his 1st summer league game :lol

Axegrinder
07-12-2015, 01:32 AM
:lolRandle...

Wa

Wa

WAAAAAAAAA

midnightpulp
07-12-2015, 02:05 AM
It's a damn shame but Russell's career may be over after 2 summer league games.

On that note, Belinelli scored 37 points on his 1st summer league game :lol

Russell will be a solid player. Not sure of his upside, but he has the size and court vision to be a good PG for years to come. Just depends on how hard he works. Might have all-star potential.

Randle is :td

Don't like what I see.

Kool Bob Love
07-12-2015, 02:48 AM
Randle was screwed once he got drafted by LA. They knew about his foot but waited till after he broke his leg to fix it.

Smh

Silver&Black
07-12-2015, 02:50 AM
Randle was screwed once he got drafted by LA. They knew about his foot but waited till after he broke his leg to fix it.

Smh

Did something happen today? Did his twig snap again?

Kool Bob Love
07-12-2015, 03:00 AM
Did something happen today? Did his twig snap again?

There're holding JR back from playing back2back summer league games. That's not a good sign of his progress

Silver&Black
07-12-2015, 03:16 AM
There're holding JR back from playing back2back summer league games. That's not a good sign of his progress

Probably just making sure he's ready for the playoffs next year tbh...

LkrFan
07-12-2015, 04:42 AM
He got waxed. :lol

:lol-3 :lol points
Saw that. He'll improve once he gets in shape. Det Summer weed made him lazy and out of shape. :lol

LkrFan
07-12-2015, 04:47 AM
Russell will be a solid player. Not sure of his upside, but he has the size and court vision to be a good PG for years to come. Just depends on how hard he works. Might have all-star potential.

Randle is :td

Don't like what I see.
Russell needs to get into the weight room ASAP. He already doesn't have foot speed to get by his man. With more strength I think he'll be a bit more explosive. Clarkson added strength to go with his speed and it shows thru his play.

spurraider21
07-12-2015, 05:26 AM
randle is weird... he's a face-up power forward with mediocre athleticism and no jumper

spurraider21
07-12-2015, 05:27 AM
Russell needs to get into the weight room ASAP. He already doesn't have foot speed to get by his man. With more strength I think he'll be a bit more explosive. Clarkson added strength to go with his speed and it shows thru his play.
clarkson doesn't belong in summer league, tbh

LkrFan
07-12-2015, 07:59 AM
clarkson doesn't belong in summer league, tbh

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully Scott shuts him down until training camp. Probably won't because him and Russell needs to learn how to play with each other in games. They are our future backcourt.

Bynumite
07-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Like Mid said Russell has the tools to thrive in the NBA for many years. He's tall for a PG and has great vision but i see him going for high risk passes too often, that combined with a new system and teammates will result in many TOs. Keep it simple for now.

As for Randle he needs to do a better job reading the defense, he's just too reckless and out of control when he attacks the basket which is leading to blocks and getting easily swarmed by the opposition. Working on his jumper is a must.

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Randle's ceiling is probably Brandon Bass, tbh, makes sense that they signed him as a mentor..

midnightpulp
07-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Randle's ceiling is probably Brandon Bass, tbh, makes sense that they signed him as a mentor..

The Third Man
07-14-2015, 10:39 PM

Oh, that's depressing.