PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Worse Conclusion to NBA Career: Shaq or Kobe?

Infinite_limit
06-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Suns acquired Shaq during the 2008 season for Marion and Banks

The trade, a dramatic move by first-year Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr, signals an unexpected change in philosophy for the
Suns, adding a 7-foot-1, 325-pound center who has won four NBA
championships but has been plagued by injuries in recent years and
turns 36 next month.

O'Neal has been out with a hip injury and underwent an MRI exam
in Miami on Tuesday. He flew to Phoenix on Wednesday for the
physical.

2008 Suns: 1-4 to Spurs in 1st Round
2009 Suns: No Playoffs 46-38

Shaq's final 2 seasons were spent in Cleveland & Boston fighting injuries.

spurraider21
06-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Shaq wasn't a cancer holding his team hostage

Infinite_limit
06-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Shaq wasn't a cancer holding his team hostage
I voted Shaq because Kobe has stuck with 1 team, granted you can't trade an injured player :lol

ambchang
06-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Shaqs final years didn't confirm his major weaknesses

Kobe's did.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Kobe's weakness is that nobody wins against father time. Nobody

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 07:08 PM

ill beat that mother fucker to the ground tbh, kobes a pussy.

Strange Love
06-19-2015, 07:13 PM
It's kind of a tie.

Both seeked coattails. Shaq just happened to look for it in other teams while Kobe gets his brought to him. Shaq+Pau+Howard etc.

Bynumite
06-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Definitely Jim. Gave away 25 mil and got cucked by the clippers in the 1st round.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Definitely Jim. Gave away 25 mil and got cucked by the clippers in the 1st round.
:cry b-b-but this means he will play more years :cry

:lmao needing to play more years because you lost $25 million

baseline bum
06-19-2015, 07:34 PM

http://www.hoopsaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tim-duncan-spurs-nba-champions-2014.jpg

DMC
06-19-2015, 07:34 PM
For himself... Shaq. He undersold himself and moved around too much. Kobe made bank and did nothing to earn it.

For the team: Kobe. He rightfully accepted a huge portion of the salary cap to tank consecutive seasons and one's on the way. I honestly believe the Cavs make it back to the Finals if Shaq doesn't get injured.

baseline bum
06-19-2015, 07:36 PM

http://lakernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Stephen-DunnGetty-Images.jpg

Silver&Black
06-19-2015, 07:40 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/71/64/6b/71646be3deb054cf87bfe2c7c907cc03.jpg

Thebesteva
06-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Really shows how stupid 90% of this forum is. The ultimate goal for these athletes is to get people to keep buying shoes. Kobe's shoes are still selling very well even though he's playing like garbage. No one is buying Shaq or Duncan shoes and as their careers are all ended, you will see who continues to dominate financially.

Thread
06-19-2015, 09:14 PM
D'Antoni had Daddy chasin' the pick & roll out to the arc & beyond. I'd sit here in my Lazy Boy laughin' my ass off.

Boiled down though:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

spurraider21
06-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Really shows how stupid 90% of this forum is. The ultimate goal for these athletes is to get people to keep buying shoes. Kobe's shoes are still selling very well even though he's playing like garbage. No one is buying Shaq or Duncan shoes and as their careers are all ended, you will see who continues to dominate financially.
:lmao we aren't shoe fans
:lmao this isn't a shoe forum

Thebesteva
06-19-2015, 10:33 PM

The question asked which player had a worst conclusion for his career. Kobe's career is in amazing shape, he has the highest paid contract and still makes millions off of his shoes. Duncan is fighting to keep millions he lost

Clipper Nation
06-19-2015, 10:36 PM
The question asked which player had a worst conclusion for his career. Kobe's career is in amazing shape, he has the highest paid contract and still makes millions off of his shoes. Duncan is fighting to keep millions he lost

This thread is about NBA careers, not shoe sales. Duncan rang just last year, whereas Kirby is once again getting exposed as a D-League scrub as the first option on his team (and spending half the season faking injuries every year). :cry But, but, people are buying his ugly-ass shoes, that's all that matters! :cry

pgardn
06-19-2015, 10:59 PM

Yet he sucks and gave Lkrfn so many thrilling moments these last few years.

I will never forget that 3 with plenty of time on the shot clock and Kobe bouncing up and down after the shot, "get there, get there". Like a golfer who thinks it might be a little short. Damn, only missed the rim by three feet.
Next club please, gimme more stick.

pgardn
06-19-2015, 11:01 PM

Idiots that buy his Fckn shoes...?

And that's a career, leave stage.

Holy shit...

daslicer
06-19-2015, 11:17 PM

TBH Kobe's shoes sell like shit compared to Durant and Lebron. Why is a guy supposedly in your eyes whose better than these two guys fail to out sell them especially when he plays in the second biggest market in the league? Both Durant and Lebron play in small markets but still manage to sell more shoes than Kobe.

DMC
06-19-2015, 11:28 PM

vs making 50 million and not playing at all.

Thread
06-19-2015, 11:29 PM
vs making 50 million and not playing at all.

You're gonna sit there with a straight face & equate that?

DMC
06-19-2015, 11:29 PM

If you think NBA career is defined by earnings, sure. I guess Joe Johnson had a great one as well.

DMC
06-19-2015, 11:30 PM
You're gonna sit there with a straight face & equate that?

One cost the player, one cost the team. You've made your bed.

dg7md
06-19-2015, 11:34 PM

:lmao

Athletes' goals are to succeed for their teams and create a legacy for their talent. You could say that individually, sure, their goals might be make a lot of earnings for themselves, but nobody is going to judge the legacy of Kobe Bryant based on how successful his shoes were.

And anyway if, if that's your barometer, LeBron is above and beyond Kobe ever will be as his shoes are way more popular.

Strange Love
06-20-2015, 12:07 AM

Did he say that or are you parroting what the tards are saying without backing it up?

Strange Love
06-20-2015, 12:12 AM

This thread is about NBA careers, not shoe sales. Duncan rang just last year, whereas Kirby is once again getting exposed as a D-League scrub as the first option on his team (and spending half the season faking injuries every year). :cry But, but, people are buying his ugly-ass shoes, that's all that matters! :cry

Idiots that buy his Fckn shoes...?

And that's a career, leave stage.

Holy shit...

TBH Kobe's shoes sell like shit compared to Durant and Lebron. Why is a guy supposedly in your eyes whose better than these two guys fail to out sell them especially when he plays in the second biggest market in the league? Both Durant and Lebron play in small markets but still manage to sell more shoes than Kobe.

:lmao

Athletes' goals are to succeed for their teams and create a legacy for their talent. You could say that individually, sure, their goals might be make a lot of earnings for themselves, but nobody is going to judge the legacy of Kobe Bryant based on how successful his shoes were.

And anyway if, if that's your barometer, LeBron is above and beyond Kobe ever will be as his shoes are way more popular.

Where is the like button in here? Like like like.

Typical stuff from here. One asks a question about two distinct players and then the retort is completely different. :lol

No one asked about shoes...or Duncan so how is that being brought up in a conversation like this? :lol

DMC
06-20-2015, 12:15 AM
You guys need to remember these immigrants who came over here by the bushel in barge holds think a pair of sneakers is a gift from the poverty gods. They all live in one room like roaches and they gnaw away at whatever freebies they can get until they all become over educated and under employed, at which time they go buy a benz diesel and attempt to surround their careers with savvy white men with lower formal educations who actually know how to do shit.

So yeah, it's about the shoes.

MultiTroll
06-20-2015, 12:15 AM
served him another cup of STFU.
:lol Laker Trolls

Sean Cagney
06-20-2015, 12:19 AM

Yeah that makes sense, won a title last year and actually made the playoffs an all star team this year while Kobe has not played really in two years and has not come close to making the playoffs the last few even when healthy. I can see how Tim would be worse.

Mikeanaro
06-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Shaq was injured, playing limited minutes but he was there actually, Kobe is a ghost right now nobody knows where his body is.

LnGrrrR
06-20-2015, 04:28 AM
If Shaq could stay healthy for us, we would've been a decent team. The numbers for Pierce/Allen/KG/Shaq/Rondo were outstanding. Just couldn't keep all five on the floor.

LnGrrrR
06-20-2015, 04:31 AM
LMAO I should've realized that infinite limit would vote for Shaq. People should hire him to come up with various scientific, political etc theories; guaranteed the exact opposite is probably the right answer.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2015, 04:57 AM
that karl comment to kirbys wife was that b4 03/04 playoffs or during that playoffs

could explain why kirby chuck bricks all series

Thread
06-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Shaq was injured, playing limited minutes but he was there actually, Kobe is a ghost right now nobody knows where his body is.

I found it:::

Duncan: 2nd 5th

Thebesteva
06-20-2015, 06:16 AM
Damn, just got back home from a great night at the Hollywood clubs with a new girl im dating. Nice to see you SA Spur fans spent your Friday night melting down over my post. Night well spent, particularly by you DMC, stuttering fat hand fucker

ambchang
06-20-2015, 08:12 AM

Now kobestans are throwing Kareem under the bus?

Shaquille, magic, mvpau, west, now Kareem. When will it come time for wilt, Baylor and the rest?

ambchang
06-20-2015, 08:13 AM

Kobe was doing that in his prime. Duncan's a decade late on that one, I'll give you that.

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Spurfan is obsessed with Kobe, even after a recent title. Damn hate to see what's going to happen after they move the team in 10 years.

ambchang
06-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Speaking of shoes, if there are any doubts Kobestans are idiots, this shoe removed them all:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/062/620/adidas-crazy-kobe-2-1_crop_north.jpeg?w=350&h=248&q=75

Some people think for themselves, others are called kobestans. I mean, I would rather amputate by foot than to wear that abomination.

ambchang
06-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Spurfan is obsessed with Kobe, even after a recent title. Damn hate to see what's going to happen after they move the team in 10 years.

Explains why there are so many Duncan is gay thread started by laker fans.

But hey, I'm trying to talk some sense to a guy who couldn't understand running the offense through Lebron is better than running the offense through Irving.

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Explains why there are so many Duncan is gay thread started by laker fans.

But hey, I'm trying to talk some sense to a guy who couldn't understand running the offense through Lebron is better than running the offense through Irving.
He is gay. :lol

and that's not what you said at first. You said Delladova was a better player than Irving period.

ambchang
06-20-2015, 09:09 AM
He is gay. :lol

and that's not what you said at first. You said Delladova was a better player than Irving period.

Quote it.

pgardn
06-20-2015, 09:10 AM
If you think NBA career is defined by earnings, sure. I guess Joe Johnson had a great one as well.

These are actually closet Knick fans judging by their criteria.
Lkrfn hitting new lows for being the best at something, anything...

All they have to do is fall back to Magic. But no, it's Kobe. So they get blowed up in attempts to turn failure into flowers.

pgardn
06-20-2015, 09:12 AM

The summer doldrums are upon us.
Lkrfn chooses to be easy prey.
We oblige their wishes.

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Quote it.

I've already quoted your idiocy once. We've seen a team with the ball in LeBron's hands all the time. They lost in 6 :lmao .....It's funny you bitch about LeBron not having a good supporting cast, yet you don't want anyone else to have the ball besides him. i guess LeBron can't play off the ball? :lmao

ambchang
06-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I've already quoted your idiocy once. We've seen a team with the ball in LeBron's hands all the time. They lost in 6 :lmao .....It's funny you bitch about LeBron not having a good supporting cast, yet you don't want anyone else to have the ball besides him. i guess LeBron can't play off the ball? :lmao

You quoted something you didn't understand and it was my idiocy?

Just because the cavs lost doesn't mean they played worse. The gsw had a much better team than the cavs and they were expected to roll over them, they didn't and the reason was because Lebron went nuclear.

And Lebron having the ball in his hands making the cavs better doesn't mean he can't play off the ball. You seem to have serious trouble understanding basic concepts of exclusivity and simple logical deductions.

Please, I'm shocked how you seem to struggle with simple concepts with illogical jumps in your arguments.

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 09:36 AM
You quoted something you didn't understand and it was my idiocy?

Just because the cavs lost doesn't mean they played worse. The gsw had a much better team than the cavs and they were expected to roll over them, they didn't and the reason was because Lebron went nuclear.

And Lebron having the ball in his hands making the cavs better doesn't mean he can't play off the ball. You seem to have serious trouble understanding basic concepts of exclusivity and simple logical deductions.

Please, I'm shocked how you seem to struggle with simple concepts with illogical jumps in your arguments.

:lmao at LeBron going nuclear shooting 39%. The warriors didn't sweep the Cavs because Curry had an ok series, Klay Thompson shot 40%, Harrison Barnes shot 37%, and Draymond Green shot 38%. It was a very shitty series all around. Not because of what LeBron did you moron.

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 09:37 AM
LeBron cannot have the ball in his hands all the time if that team is expected to win. Irving or no Irving.

~O~
06-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Vince Carter and Paul Pierce are prime examples of how Kobe should be playing out the rest of his career.

ambchang
06-20-2015, 09:43 AM
:lmao at LeBron going nuclear shooting 39%. The warriors didn't sweep the Cavs because Curry had an ok series, Klay Thompson shot 40%, Harrison Barnes shot 37%, and Draymond Green shot 38%. It was a very shitty series all around. Not because of what LeBron did you moron.

Yes, Lebron putting up 38/12/8 had absolutely nothing to do with the cavs winning games.

The Warriors just decided to miss shots, that has nothing to do with the cavs having better defenders playing the game I place of defensive sieves like love and Irving.

You are a genius, are you a Nobel prize winning by any chance?

ambchang
06-20-2015, 09:44 AM
LeBron cannot have the ball in his hands all the time if that team is expected to win. Irving or no Irving.

Of course, but it's their only chance because the rest of the team is horrible.

Alex's foreskin
06-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Yes, Lebron putting up 38/12/8 had absolutely nothing to do with the cavs winning games.

The Warriors just decided to miss shots, that has nothing to do with the cavs having better defenders playing the game I place of defensive sieves like love and Irving.

You are a genius, are you a Nobel prize winning by any chance?

Irving would have made Curry work on defense instead of that Scrub Delladova, who did what exactly? And LeBron was really inefficient. Had the Warriors made their shots it would have been over sooner. I like that you acknowledge Cleveland having better defenders kept them in it more than LeBron.

Infinite_limit
06-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Damn, just got back home from a great night at the Hollywood clubs with a new girl im dating. Nice to see you SA Spur fans spent your Friday night melting down over my post. Night well spent, particularly by you DMC, stuttering fat hand fucker
Might she be the one?

Thebesteva
06-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Might she be the one?

no lol fuck marriage

Infinite_limit
06-20-2015, 04:25 PM
no lol fuck marriage
No Marriage Crew?

Whats your name on Bodybuilding forum? :D

KaiRMD1
06-20-2015, 04:59 PM
That Shaq trade was one of the dumbest moves I have to say. The suns were at the top of the west at that time and were poised to do some major damage but after the Pau thing, they felt the need to fuck with something that didn't need fucking with and if it did, ol' sport Kerr did it in the worst way by adding the incredibly slow Shaq to a dynamic that would slowly kill them. SMH

Mikeanaro
06-21-2015, 12:03 AM
I found it:::

Duncan: 2nd 5th
Lol, but do you agree Shaq had a better conclusion?

Thread
06-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Lol, but do you agree Shaq had a better conclusion?

No. Daddy disgraced himself here & in Boston.