Mavs<Spurs
09-11-2005, 06:50 AM
:fro
Article is on My San Antonio ...

Here's the article.

Mike Monroe: Johnson: Spurs will have magic formula again
Web Posted: 09/11/2005 12:00 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

He was sitting in a tiny locker room at Greehey Arena on the St. Mary's campus, surrounded by temporary San Antonians from Lackland AFB, but Magic Johnson's answer would have been the same had he been sitting at center court at the Staples Center.

The Spurs, Johnson said, are going to win the 2006 NBA title.

"It's over," Johnson said, when asked to assess the Spurs' summer signings of Michael Finley, Nick Van Exel and, to a lesser degree, Fabricio Oberto.

"I've always said the Spurs have one of the great owners and great management teams, R.C. Buford and, of course, (Gregg) Popovich. The team plays basketball the right way. They remind me of the Lakers when we were winning championships back in the 1980s. They just play the game and play to win.

"Nick and Finley will add to that, and I think they're going to win it again. They've added two great role players that can come in off the bench and add firepower."

And what of Johnson's Lakers, who slipped out of the playoffs last season for the first time since 1994? The most recognizable Laker alive believes they will be back in postseason play next spring.

In San Antonio on a goodwill mission with his touring basketball team, Johnson trusts coach Phil Jackson's ability to lead the Lakers back to the playoffs.

"I was a thousand percent, a million percent, in favor of us bringing Phil back," Johnson said after his Magic32 All-Stars defeated a team of airmen from Lackland in a game Friday night. "We want to get back to the playoffs and back in contention for a championship. Phil can help us get there. We may be a year or two away from being a championship team, but I think we can get back in the playoffs this year."

The Lakers struggled last season after blowing up what had been a near-dynasty during the seasons Jackson coached both Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant. Blame whomever you want — it was clear owner Jerry Buss pointed, dead-aim, at O'Neal as the culprit who most befouled the championship formula — but the Lakers never frightened anyone after Jackson and O'Neal departed.

Johnson, though, believes they would not have had their streak of consecutive playoff appearances snapped had Bryant not been injured in February. With Jackson's return and a roster tweaked substantially during the offseason, Johnson almost guaranteed a return to the playoffs.

"We would have been in the playoffs last year if Kobe didn't get hurt," said Johnson, the 2002 Basketball Hall of Fame inductee who is a part-owner of the Lakers, as well as team vice president. "We were in sixth place when Kobe got hurt in February. So we feel good about making it back. We feel Kwame Brown gives us a power forward now who can do some things."

Brown came to the Lakers in a trade with the Wizards for small forward Caron Butler and guard Chucky Atkins. Butler never found a way to mesh his game with Bryant's. If Brown is able to find a consistent level of play, Lamar Odom can focus on a role at small forward.

"We're probably not ready for San Antonio, and we might not be ready for Phoenix and a couple of other teams," Johnson said. "But you get in there and do what you can do, and I feel good about that."

Johnson also feels good about the Lakers' recent hiring of his former teammate and fellow Hall of Famer, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, to be an assistant coach. Abdul-Jabbar has been shut out of coaching in the NBA since his retirement, in large part because of his prickly personality during his playing days.

"I'm very, very happy to see Kareem back in the Lakers' organization," Johnson said. "He deserves it. He's one of the most dominant centers, and the greatest scorer, ever. We're all happy to have him back, and he's happy, because we have some young centers and forwards who can learn from him. If they'll just listen to him and work hard, trust me, they will pick up the game."

Johnson can even see Abdul-Jabbar as an NBA head coach in a few years.

"I couldn't before," Johnson said, "but now I can, because he understands what it takes now and is willing to work his way through the ranks, on up. Now I can see him doing it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]
Probably a lot of you all already read the article that Mike Monroe wrote, but I didn't see it posted. It might have been posted during the last couple of days and I just missed it. However, in case everybody hasn't seen it (Sept 11 posted at 12 a.m., Mike gets Magic's take on who will win the title this coming year's NBA title. According to the article, Magic said, "It's over. " when he was asked to assess the Spur's signings of Finley, Van Excel and to a lesser extent Oberto.

He won five titles right (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the number). He knows what it takes to win and he certainly knows basketball. He and Barkley were pretty darn consistent in picking the Spurs as the best team in basketball and the team that would win it all. Barkley would repeatedly say, The... can't beat the Spurs. The Spurs are the best team in the NBA. "
I don't think he ever wavered. Regardless of his funny, sometimes obnoxious and always controversial ways, I always knew that Barkley has some good sense about basketball. Magic and Barkley are two of my favorite commentators (probably my two favorites).

What do you all think about his prediction?

Also, when the espn commentators turn too biased against the Spurs, anyone else watch the game on mute and listen to Bill Schoening?'s radio broadcast of the game? In fact, the only time I don't do that is if it is on Fox Southwest and Sean is commentating on the game.

The only other commentator I really like is Doug Collins because although Hubie Brown (as good as he is) can sometimes seem like he is a little biased towards the Pistons.

What are your opinions?

ObiwanGinobili
09-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Well of course I absolutely agree with Magic.. how could I not? I'm a Spurs fan! :lol

But actually I've always loved and respected Magic.. the man is da man. His BBall knowledge is immeasurable. IMO you need 4,000 SAS's, 10,000 Waltons, and 3,000 Plashke's to come within spitting distance of Magic Johnson.

Side note: I think it;s great that Karrem is workign for the Lakers now.. I can really appreciate how those old school guys have stuck with thier team & city after retirement. It's the same as how we in SA all love and appreciate Gervin & DROB stickign around. Hopefully someday thier attitude will rub off on the current Fakers. I Liek ot think that Kobe learned a lesson this past season... but only time will tell.

boutons
09-11-2005, 08:24 AM
All this early "Spurs will win again 2006" makes me extremely nervous.
Every NBA Champion that has or has not repeated has said repeating is very tough, tougher than winning the first one.

Look at Pistons, with the very same team, lost their repeat Title in the last 12 minutes of the 7th game of Finals, 24 -17. They actually lost it during the season, esp early in the season, when Larry was whining about them not putting in the effort, sitting on their laurels or whatever, causing them to lose a chance for Finals HCA which definintely cost them the 05 title.

So when you people excuse the Spurs' shitty season play and their give-away losses next season with "it's only one game", remember the 04/05 Pistons. EVERY season game counts.

TDMVPDPOY
09-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Dude is jinxing us

HB22inSA
09-11-2005, 08:59 AM
It's over
But we all knew that already, now didn't we?

MaNuMaNiAc
09-11-2005, 11:38 AM
hmm... isn't he just saying what everybody else has been saying for quite a while now?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2005, 12:10 PM
"We were in sixth place when Kobe got hurt in February. So we feel good about making it back. We feel Kwame Brown gives us a power forward now who can do some things."

Normally Magic is pretty astute at basketball matters, but I have to question the wisdom of anyone who thinks Kwame Brown is the missing piece.

ObiwanGinobili
09-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Normally Magic is pretty astute at basketball matters, but I have to question the wisdom of anyone who thinks Kwame Brown is the missing piece.

It;s his team man.. he has to keep up the positive energy.

Dex
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM

Exactamo.

When we picked up Hedo and Trillion Carter before 03-04, you never heard Pop and RC going, "Yeah, this was the best we could do. We're screwed" :lol

T Park
09-11-2005, 01:53 PM
he has to keep up the positive energy

there is that, and then there is just blind lieing.

Wich is this....

Tragic, your an owner, go away please.

manustarting2gd
09-11-2005, 01:55 PM
All this early talk of another ring is just late national recognition "our" awesome franchise here in San Antonio. Late ass Props. We've known it, now its time for our squad to show and prove this season. With the additions of Fin and Nicholas Van X, our team just grew some nasty ass fangs. We aint nothing to be fucked with this season and EVERYBODY knows it and is scrambling to contend. The most shocking part of the story was his comparison of our Spurs organization/squad to the "Showtime" Lakers???

Nah playa, were gonna run off about 5 in a row on that ass. We're the old methodical Celtics of NOW. . I haven't seen a better run organization and team from top to bottom. Proof is all of Pop's assistants getting promoted in other franchises. No bullshit taken when you play for S.A., from coaches to fans.

jermaine7fan
09-11-2005, 02:00 PM
How many titles do you all think you could realistically string together? I just read 5 I believe. I think you could do at least two more... but you have an older team... do you really think you could win 4 more straight... with the veteran team you have?

P.S.- I hope this question does not seem negative... I don't mean it that way... I am just curious what you all think.

sprrs
09-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Exactamo.

When we picked up Hedo and Trillion Carter before 03-04, you never heard Pop and RC going, "Yeah, this was the best we could do. We're screwed" :lol

Ditto, Magic's a little biased towards the Lakers, and you can't blame him, most f here would probably be the same way. Just like Sean Elliott is a little biased towards the Spurs.

z0sa
09-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Thing is I think people here at a little biased against the Lakers. The Lakers have a legitimate MVP candidate in Kobe, its just can they be winners? I think the Lakers lose 4-1 at 8th seed come playoff time... to the Spurs ;)

TOP-CHERRY
09-11-2005, 02:21 PM
How many titles do you all think you could realistically string together? I just read 5 I believe. I think you could do at least two more... but you have an older team... do you really think you could win 4 more straight... with the veteran team you have?

P.S.- I hope this question does not seem negative... I don't mean it that way... I am just curious what you all think.
As long as Tim lasts as being Tim... That's how much.

So my answer is: I don't know.

:D

My guess would be 3 more. Maybe even 4, as long as Pop keeps adding talent.

jermaine7fan
09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Thing is I think people here at a little biased against the Lakers. The Lakers have a legitimate MVP candidate in Kobe, its just can they be winners? I think the Lakers lose 4-1 at 8th seed come playoff time... to the Spurs ;)I'm a Pacer fan so I am not Lakers biased... my prediction for them... no playoffs again.

exstatic
09-11-2005, 02:41 PM

With Tim, Tony, and Manu all under 30, and all under contract thru 2010, it's not out of the realm to think 3 more titles. The only oldsters are on the bench, other than Bowen. We also still have players stashed in Europe.

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 03:33 PM
i like how its mostly about the Lakers

Aunt Ester
09-11-2005, 03:39 PM
2006 NBA champs? way to go out on a limb there ..............

jermaine7fan
09-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Didn't Magic pick Detroit to win it last year? :lol JK... this is a no brainer on who should win! Spurs.

z0sa
09-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm a Pacer fan so I am not Lakers biased... my prediction for them... no playoffs again.

Even with Phil Jackson back? I really just can't imagine any team coached by Phil Jackson not making the playoffs. Maybe even the Hawks.

jermaine7fan
09-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Even with Phil Jackson back? I really just can't imagine any team coached by Phil Jackson not making the playoffs. Maybe even the Hawks.Phil needs 2+ superstars to do anything... they do not have that anymore... they have Kobe... but I don't see Kwame or Odom pulling of the role of "other superstar" for Phil... I think Phil has been somewhat overrated... when was the last time he coached a roster as crappy as this one? He will prove whether he deserves the title of best coach ever or not when he takes this team through this year. I just think Phil has been put into better situations than any other coach... not that he is as great as 9 titles would seem to say. Oh... and the Lakers are jam packed with mediocre big men... but they have the weakest overall backcourt in the NBA... aside from Kobe... OK... they could make the playoffs with Phil... but they may not either... I like the Clippers chances at doing anything better than the Lakers chances.

yeahone
09-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Ditto, Magic's a little biased towards the Lakers, and you can't blame him, most f here would probably be the same way. Just like Sean Elliott is a little biased towards the Spurs.

well obviously he would be baised to wards his organization i dont think you would hear one of the spurs managers being pessimsit..

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
So when you people excuse the Spurs' shitty season play and their give-away losses next season with "it's only one game", remember the 04/05 Pistons. EVERY season game counts.

Actually, I'll remember the 2004-05 Spurs.

You spent the entire season telling us that the Spurs giving away games during last season was going to come back to haunt them. We told you that you were overreacting.

I wonder who won that debate?

Dex
09-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Actually, I'll remember the 2004-05 Spurs.

You spent the entire season telling us that the Spurs giving away games during last season was going to come back to haunt them. We told you that you were overreacting.

I wonder who won that debate?

But we gave up home-court advantage to the Suns!

....and then we got 3 of our 4 wins on their floor.....

........yeah, i don't really know where I'm going with this.

Medvedenko
09-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Phil needs 2+ superstars to do anything... they do not have that anymore... they have Kobe... but I don't see Kwame or Odom pulling of the role of "other superstar" for Phil... I think Phil has been somewhat overrated... when was the last time he coached a roster as crappy as this one? He will prove whether he deserves the title of best coach ever or not when he takes this team through this year. I just think Phil has been put into better situations than any other coach... not that he is as great as 9 titles would seem to say. Oh... and the Lakers are jam packed with mediocre big men... but they have the weakest overall backcourt in the NBA... aside from Kobe... OK... they could make the playoffs with Phil... but they may not either... I like the Clippers chances at doing anything better than the Lakers chances.

Actually Jackson coached the Bulls sans MJ when he retired the first time to the playoffs and almost reached the finals that year.

Banks91
09-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Yo when is the charity game today, wat time???

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Actually Jackson coached the Bulls sans MJ when he retired the first time to the playoffs and almost reached the finals that year.

Those Bulls were eliminated by the Knicks in 7 games in the 2nd round. I don't know that they "almost reached the finals." By the same logic, the Spurs "almost reached the finals" in 1989-90 when they were beaten by Portland in 7 games in the WCSF. I don't know how many would agree with the logic.

boutons
09-11-2005, 05:22 PM
"I wonder who won that debate?"

How much would you bet that the Spurs would have won the "NBA Championship Quarter" in Auburn Hills with Pistons having Finals' HCA? Spurs got badly blown out twice in Auburn Hills and needed a last-minute Big Shot to squeak out their one Finals road victory.

My guess is that the Spurs beat the Pistons by 7 pts in last qtr ONLY because of HCA.

So, my opinion, and we can only have opinions/hyptheticals after the fact, is that the Spurs' Finals HCA won them the 05 Championship.

All I'm saying is that the Spurs need to play ALL SEASON for HCA, since, AT LEAST IN THE FINALS, it is very often the difference maker, esp over 7 game. I'm sure HCA was the difference maker last June.

sprrs
09-11-2005, 07:01 PM
well obviously he would be baised to wards his organization i dont think you would hear one of the spurs managers being pessimsit..

And Magic is part (minority) owner of the Lakers

Sense
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Well of course I absolutely agree with Magic.. how could I not? I'm a Spurs fan! :lol

His BBall knowledge is immeasurable. IMO you need 4,000 SAS's, 10,000 Waltons, and 3,000 Plashke's to come within spitting distance of Magic Johnson.

It takes 1/2 a Charles Barkley.

Medvedenko
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Those Bulls were eliminated by the Knicks in 7 games in the 2nd round. I don't know that they "almost reached the finals." By the same logic, the Spurs "almost reached the finals" in 1989-90 when they were beaten by Portland in 7 games in the WCSF. I don't know how many would agree with the log

I meant the ECF..sorry, still it was a great coaching job that year by Phil.

Mixability
09-11-2005, 07:23 PM

I wonder how positive it was for the Lakers when Magic was doing promos for the Heat this past season! :lol

wildbill2u
09-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Dude is jinxing us

All we need now is the Sports Illustrated cover and we're toast :depressed

ambchang
09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Phil needs 2+ superstars to do anything... they do not have that anymore... they have Kobe... but I don't see Kwame or Odom pulling of the role of "other superstar" for Phil... I think Phil has been somewhat overrated... when was the last time he coached a roster as crappy as this one? He will prove whether he deserves the title of best coach ever or not when he takes this team through this year. I just think Phil has been put into better situations than any other coach... not that he is as great as 9 titles would seem to say. Oh... and the Lakers are jam packed with mediocre big men... but they have the weakest overall backcourt in the NBA... aside from Kobe... OK... they could make the playoffs with Phil... but they may not either... I like the Clippers chances at doing anything better than the Lakers chances.

See 93-94 and 94-95 seasons. I hate Phil Jackson, he is a classless jackass, but he can coach. I would even say that he is quite overrated, given that he is mentioned as the best coach in the history of the game, and you see how Larry Brown mopped the floor with him in 2004, but to say that he can't coach this Laker team, which is very talented, is underestimating his abilities.
This Laker team is quite similar to some of the late eighties, early nineties Suns team, great perimeter, no centre. I think the Lakers will probably make the 6th seed.
As for the Spurs repeating, barring any major injuries, the Spurs seem to be the frontrunner, no question.

Marklar MM
09-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I too believe he is overrated. Not hard to win when you have Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq.

Vashner
09-11-2005, 08:07 PM
He's gonna ruin the vegas odds .. :(

Mavs<Spurs
09-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Didn't Magic pick Detroit to win it last year? :lol JK... this is a no brainer on who should win! Spurs.

During the playoffs, Magic said that the Spurs were a better team than the Pistons.
:fro

Mavs<Spurs
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Boutons,
who said that we won't have home court advantage in the Finals?
The rest of the West doesn't look as good as last year.
The Suns certainly won't be as good as last year. Their record is unlikely to be the best in the league.
Also, the Sonics have lost players and will go down a notch. Plus, they lost McMillan who I thought did a tremendous job coaching.
Dallas still does not have a low post presence who can really score.
Yao gets in foul trouble too often and is too inconsistent, as good as TMac is. Still, perhaps the Rockets and the Kings will be the next best teams in the West. Dallas should improve their defense now that Avery is their head coach prior to the season starting. Minnesota has KG, but apparently that is not enough. I do expect them to make the playoffs unlike last year.
East, Indiana, Miami and Detroit are all first tiers teams and it could be tight. I do pick Indiana to come away with it. This Indiana team did have the best record year before last and they probably grew from the obstacles they encountered last year. Nevertheless, I don't expect them to repeat that year's record. Carlisle is an exceptional coach, but given our championship team returns much improved from last year, we should have a better record. In any event, prior to the Finals, our record on the road and at home, was the same in the playoffs (.750 against playoff teams).
Miami and Detroit will be close, both chasing Indiana. While Miami amassed a lot of name and did add some talent, I predict that their team chemistry won't be that great. Also, some of their additions have blatant weaknesses (e.g. shot selection of Antoine Walker). Detroit will still be a great defensive team. However, I think that Coach Brown got the most out of them due to his great x and o knowledge. Plus, I think that their offense is not as good as some others contend. They are look old Spurs teams which at times really sputtered on offense. After two straight years of getting to the Finals have maxed out talent and effort and having lost their coach and facing improved competition (certainly from Indiana who almost beat them last year and Miami who would have beaten them if Damon and Eddie Jones could pass the ball accurately or if Wade and Shaq had not been injured at the same time), they will probably drop significantly.
We were considerably better than the Pistons last year (at least on paper in so many categories) , but for some reason did not show it in the Finals. This year, should the Pistons make it, I would predict Spurs in no more than 6 games and possibly in 4 or 5.
Therefore, at this time, Boutons, I can't see any reason to believe that the sky is falling. Buck up, Chicken Little, we have seen the future and it is very bright.
:fro :fro :fro

boutons
09-11-2005, 09:56 PM
"who said that we won't have home court advantage in the Finals?"

nobody

"the sky is falling"

you said that, I didn't.

I repeat:

"All I'm saying is that the Spurs need to play ALL SEASON for HCA"

peskypesky
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
No play-offs for Fakers.

Sorry Phil. But you'll have plenty of time during the playoffs to sit around and count your money!

FromWayDowntown
09-12-2005, 01:37 PM
All I'm saying is that the Spurs need to play ALL SEASON for HCA

Last season, that meant (from your perspective at least) that the Spurs should treat all 82 games, essentially, like playoff games. That they should play guys who are banged up, not worry about trying combinations and players to see what happens, not fall prey to things like the difficulties of the 2nd night of a back-to-back on the road or the 4th game of a 5 day trip. That road losses to mediocre or bad teams (i.e., not playoff powers) are never acceptable, under any circumstances.

Those of us who disagreed with your Chicken Little approach to the regular season argued strongly that Popovich has a handle on the best way to prepare his team for the playoffs while trying to achieve the best playoff seeding possible. That somehow, without taking your approach, Pop's teams generally seem to end the season with strong finishes and good playoff seeding to allow for long playoff runs.

Sure, it mattered a great deal in the Finals that the Spurs had HCA. But you know something -- the Spurs had HCA in the Finals even without treating all 82 regular season games as playoff games. They did it even while experimenting with concepts and players. Pop even admitted that at times, he was more concerned with how the team reacted to certain things that he asked of them than he was about the outcome of a particular game.

Absent a major injury, this team will win 50-55 games without much effort. HCA is likely to be somewhere around 60-62 wins, so that means that the Spurs still have a cushion of 20-some games.

I'm sure that they are going to lose some games to inferior teams.

I'm also sure that when they do, Chicken boutons will be in here bitching about it.

jermaine7fan
09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
See 93-94 and 94-95 seasons. I hate Phil Jackson, he is a classless jackass, but he can coach. I would even say that he is quite overrated, given that he is mentioned as the best coach in the history of the game, and you see how Larry Brown mopped the floor with him in 2004, but to say that he can't coach this Laker team, which is very talented, is underestimating his abilities.
This Laker team is quite similar to some of the late eighties, early nineties Suns team, great perimeter, no centre. I think the Lakers will probably make the 6th seed.
As for the Spurs repeating, barring any major injuries, the Spurs seem to be the frontrunner, no question.Did I just see "great parimeter"? Where? Do you mean the Clippers? They have Kobe and then... Aaron McKie, Von Wafer, Devean George, Laron Profit, Sasha Vujacic, Jumaine Jones, Smush Parker, Tony Bobbitt. How is that a "great parimeter"? They are stacked at the big man spots... Kwame, Divac, Mihm, Cook, Bynum, Medvedenko... they have some good trade bait... but they need to feild more quality wing players if they are gonna do anything... Kobe cannot do it by himself... he'ld prolly do better than most would... but he still cannot do it by himself.

ambchang
09-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Did I just see "great parimeter"? Where? Do you mean the Clippers? They have Kobe and then... Aaron McKie, Von Wafer, Devean George, Laron Profit, Sasha Vujacic, Jumaine Jones, Smush Parker, Tony Bobbitt. How is that a "great parimeter"? They are stacked at the big man spots... Kwame, Divac, Mihm, Cook, Bynum, Medvedenko... they have some good trade bait... but they need to feild more quality wing players if they are gonna do anything... Kobe cannot do it by himself... he'ld prolly do better than most would... but he still cannot do it by himself.
Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom alone counts for great perimeter team. How many do you need? 5 perimeter players? Detroit is a great perimeter team, and they have Billups and Chauncey, those early 90's Suns had Kevin Johnson and Dan Marjele/Jeff Hornacek. And yes, Odom is oozing with talent, if he could stay healthy, he would be one of the better SF in the league.

boutons
09-12-2005, 02:55 PM
"the Spurs had HCA in the Finals even without treating all 82 regular season games as playoff games"

You know that only in retrospect. You'd be singing a different tune if Pistons would had HCA by one game vs Spurs.

That 4th qtr collapse in TOR would look pretty painful,
and that 2nd qtr collapse vs SEA @SBC would mean no 05 Title.

How can anybody argue against playing for HCA all season after the 7-game series against Pistons?

z0sa
09-12-2005, 03:03 PM
The Pistons won 54 games compared to the spurs 59... that means we could have lost four other games and still had home court advantage.

You're not giving the spurs credit. you're acting like they play sloppy during the regular season, when all too often especially in recent years we've done so extremely well in the regular season only to falter in the playoffs... only now are we really starting to look like we can finish strong. I really think you're painting the case backwards.

boutons
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM
How many titles have the Spurs won without HCA in the Finals?

What's the overall W-L record for NBA champions with HCA in the Finals?

HCA counts, EVERYBODY knows that, it was dramaically, critically important last June, why not play for it all season?

I can't believe such a simple request can meet such vehement resistance, cause me be portrayed, falsely, as dissing the Spurs, Pop, a chicken little, and kinds of other crap, etc.

Spurminator
09-12-2005, 03:34 PM
How many titles have the Spurs won without HCA in the Finals?

How many have they lost?

How many number 1 seeds have been eliminated?

Mavs<Spurs
09-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Sheed's demographic group never votes for a conservative. Nine out of every times times his ethnic group, African Americans, votes for a democrat.
The people who voted for Bush are those who go to church, don't live off of handouts and obey the law are married with kids. Bush won all of those demographic categories. Also, Bush won the military vote by about three to one. Democrats and Kerry in particular does win the vote of the high crime areas, those who don't go to church, aren't married, are on welfare (I guess being a single parent with nine kids and having slept with guys on crack does kind of put you in a bind, doesn't it) and live in the inner city. Take away about four or five big cities and Kerry probably would have lost half of the people who voted for him and a lot of his electoral college votes (NY city, Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Chicago and Detroit).

Nobody who understands demographic trends and political realities would ever have expected otherwise. So, this is not a news flash. By the way, this is not a political website. Feel free to post your politics on moveon.org. This is not a political site and not everybody shares your views. Let's stick to Spurs basketball. :fro