PDA

View Full Version : Heat: ITT we discuss Bioethics

3 Stooges
06-21-2015, 08:39 AM
ok fags, discuss this shit, Are you guys Kantian or utilitarian?

this sub-topic is about kidney donation. You are a doctor who is seeing patients with kidney troubles. You know that these patients can always go on dialysis machines but their quality of life sucks and if they got an organ transplant they would live a pretty much normal life. Problem is that there are more people that would like a transplant than there are organs available.

Meet anon.

Anon is Native American and is genetically predisposed to alcoholism. Anon is 27, never knew his father, and had a rough upbringing in which he turned to alcoholism. Anon's kidney failed and he had to be admitted to an emergency room.

Anon is a charming guy and you begin to feel a soft spot for Anon. You know in the back of your mind, he will be genetically predispositioned (might have just made up a word there) to relapse.

So what do you queers do? Organ donation or dialysis and why?

Let's see if you cucks are actually capable of intelligent discussion

jeebus
06-21-2015, 08:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/20qiOFo.jpg

3 Stooges
06-21-2015, 08:50 AM
oh fuck me what the fuck was I thinking? Mods can you please edit my original post to something along the lines of

hurr durr muh dick muh pussy

:lol Lebeta
:lol chokers

[stupid youtube video of nignogs running rampant]

K...
06-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Uh this is a economics problem not ethics. You have a few options. Just give the kidneys first come first serve, give it to youngest first, basically it doesn't matter-you can't really create much additional benefit from the problem.

I mean, your a doctor, not a therapist.

Arcadian
06-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm actually an embodied moral realist. In the dichotomy you've set up, I would prefer to frame it as deontology vs. consequentialism. The thing is, deontology always reduces to consequentialism, because even if you believe in strict moral rules, you believe them only to the extent that they have good consequences. The moment your moral rule can be shown to have disastrous consequences, you will feel compelled to change that rule in light of new information.

Stevie Johnson
06-21-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm actually an embodied moral realist. In the dichotomy you've set up, I would prefer to frame it as deontology vs. consequentialism. The thing is, deontology always reduces to consequentialism, because even if you believe in strict moral rules, you believe them only to the extent that they have good consequences. The moment your moral rule can be shown to have disastrous consequences, you will feel compelled to change that rule in light of new information.
shut up faggot

LOL Steelers

Arcadian
06-21-2015, 01:20 PM
shut up faggot

LOL Steelers

Get out of here, bitch. You're too stupid for this topic.

Stevie Johnson
06-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Get out of here, bitch. You're too stupid for this topic.
Stupid is you acting like you are about to spark some intelligent conversation with those big nasty cool words. Just shut up. Nobody wants to listen to some terms you googled and wrote a paper about during your undergrad.

spurraider21
06-21-2015, 01:27 PM
you didnt even answer his hypo and you're talking down on somebody else :lol

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Is BUMP back?

Feels like a BUMP thread.

Stevie Johnson
06-21-2015, 01:30 PM
you didnt even answer his hypo and you're talking down on somebody else :lol
Answer his hypo? He didn't even ask a question in that post you stupid fuck.

m>s
06-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Is BUMP back?

i doubt it. one of his posts was something about slipping out the back door. usually that's code for "i remembered the pw to a few trolls, had a little fun, and changed the pw to a random string of letters so that i can't log back in"

dude is busy i'm sure, that's why he doesn't post anymore

jeebus
06-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Is BUMP back?

iirc, BUMP got married a couple years back to a nice mixed lady (Irish Malaysian) and now lives in Kansas City, working in a marble factory(the kitchen counter type, not the ball). His posting days are behind him fwiw.

Thread
06-21-2015, 01:43 PM
iirc, BUMP got married a couple years back to a nice mixed lady (Irish Malaysian) and now lives in Kansas City, working in a marble factory(the kitchen counter type, not the ball). His posting days are behind him fwiw.

:lol

spurraider21
06-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Answer his hypo? He didn't even ask a question in that post you stupid fuck.
OP posed a question you dumb bag of rocks

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2015, 02:27 PM
i doubt it. one of his posts was something about slipping out the back door. usually that's code for "i remembered the pw to a few trolls, had a little fun, and changed the pw to a random string of letters so that i can't log back in"

dude is busy i'm sure, that's why he doesn't post anymore

Why are u so obsessed with Bump and PussyFace.....them niggas got a hold on you...

K...
06-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Why are u so obsessed with Bump and PussyFace.....them niggas got a hold on you...

Real talk cool, who are you? This handle was controlled by two spursfan before it was given to you. You are the third or fourth owner. I'd say 1/2 the people here know this. You post way too much to be someone's alt do your either a spursfan who has taken the troll identity way too seriously or your an actual sad individual. I bet you have an separate account for upstairs posting.

Anyway-bump was a hall of fame poster. Kool 1 &2 were good. Kool 3+ is garbage imho.