PDA

View Full Version : Inside Out by Pixar

Fabbs
06-21-2015, 03:44 PM
1st off it was purportedly already done in the 1940s, so much for the *original idea* Pixar and Disney are pushing.

Beyond that, while it's pulling 90+ percent, wow, i thought it was 60% at best.
Wayy over the top dry out there stuff, as opposed to the trailers that make it look like a comedy-drama.

YVMV
Wanting to see what y'all think.

Sidepoint on the trailers, a boatload of new animateds coming up.
Including the makers of Wallace and Grommit doing a different set of characters.

Pauly D
06-21-2015, 04:46 PM
What the fuck is YVMV

bigzak25
06-21-2015, 06:22 PM
I thought it was a little depressing, but overall a good flick.

johnsmith
06-21-2015, 06:31 PM
1st off it was purportedly already done in the 1940s, so much for the *original idea* Pixar and Disney are pushing.

Beyond that, while it's pulling 90+ percent, wow, i thought it was 60% at best.
Wayy over the top dry out there stuff, as opposed to the trailers that make it look like a comedy-drama.

YVMV
Wanting to see what y'all think.

Sidepoint on the trailers, a boatload of new animateds coming up.
Including the makers of Wallace and Grommit doing a different set of characters.

I took my daughter yesterday and thought it was more of a grown up movie than a kids movie....pretty heavy concepts for kids to try to grasp. I was entertained enough but it was definitely on the low end of Pixar movies in regards to quality.

Super creative though, even if it's been done before as you pointed out.

monosylab1k
06-22-2015, 08:16 AM
I thought it was great, although I wonder if kids will really embrace this movie. This one has the requisite kiddie goofiness, but it feels alot more like WALL-E in that it's marketed for kids, but seems like it's written for adults. And I was probably the only person in the theater who laughed at the San Francisco gay joke.

In comparison to other Pixar movies, I have only Toy Story 2, TS3, Up, and WALL-E ahead of it.

Fabbs
06-22-2015, 11:06 AM
1943 Disney movie Reason and Emotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvp3zAPraF4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036294/

Blake
06-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Yah one of the reviews I read mentioned a tv show called Herman's Head

Blake
06-22-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm getting tired of Pixar making these deep psychological movies in the guise of a kid flick.

Make Incredibles 2 already.

UZER
06-29-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm getting tired of Pixar making these deep psychological movies in the guise of a kid flick.

:lol true

AmericanPsycho
06-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Not interested.

Pauly D
06-29-2015, 06:50 PM

Which is why I'll always despise Wall-E. That shit wasn't funny at all, it was pretty but so what, it's animation, and the "message" was so sanctimonious and generic but critics ate that shit up. That's where this self-righteous, self-important Pixar started. And don't even get me started on Toy Story 3, aka David Lynch presents Toy Story

jermaine
06-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Great movie with great concept. For kids!?! Not really.. But I almost cried, until I realized my over sized ass was surrounded by kids.

Spurminator
06-29-2015, 10:59 PM
Solid movie, enough colors and wacky stuff for kids and smart enough for adults to enjoy.

As an aside, I don't know how she did it but Phyllis from The Office has basically hit the jackpot when it comes to an otherwise useless actor finding another role that's absolutely perfect for her.

The Gemini Method
06-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Being that I'm originally from the islands, bruddah, I enjoyed the Lava short film. The movie was a little bit too deep for m children so I didn't entirely enjoy this one as much Up or Monsters, INC.

DarrinS
06-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Pixar puts out great stuff, tbh