PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: The two biggest faces of Old NBA Media have Duncan over Kobe.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm surprised that SAS's (a noted Kobe fanboy) placement is more accurate (Duncan is my 4th). Skip has Duncan 6th, Kobe 8th.

Of course, they're saying things we already know, but now that the two most influential talking heads in sports media have caught up, it's even more official.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/egpq9s.jpg

spurs10
06-21-2015, 06:55 PM
:toast

Thread
06-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Only pussies & assholes cite this shit.

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Crofl Russell. Crofl LeBron. Quoting two hacks, that's low even for mid.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 06:58 PM

Stings, don't it?

Thread
06-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Stings, don't it?

No, because it's pussy & assholish.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Crofl Russell. Crofl LeBron. Quoting two hacks, that's low even for mid.

Lebron has two rings, two Finals MVPs, four regular season MVPs, and boasts some of the greatest post-season stats of all-time. Individually, he dominates Kobe in every category you can think of. Don't see the issue here.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:00 PM
No, because it's pussy & assholish.

How?

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Lebron has two rings, two Finals MVPs, four regular season MVPs, and boasts some of the greatest post-season stats of all-time. Individually, he dominates Kobe in every category you can think of. Don't see the issue here.

Talking about stats instead of rings. Talking about stats instead of finals loses. It's been done before. He's a career loser.Kobe dominates him in rings, that matters most.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Talking about stats instead of rings. Talking about stats instead of finals loses. It's been done before. He's a career loser.Kobe dominates him in rings, that matters most.

Rings are team accomplishments, though.

Thread
06-21-2015, 07:06 PM
How?

It's worth as much as me & you doin' such.

& I don't do it. Never have. Never will.

Mitch
06-21-2015, 07:12 PM
2014-2015 gameplan

Spurs winning it
Spurs East winning it
New LA team winning it and cementing the passing of the torch
Pau winning without Kobe, invalidates Kobe's impact
Dwight winning without Kobe, he left the losers in LA to win
Lakers get a low pick, will implement "scorched earth policy" on lakerfan

Plan Z: Lebron won with a shit team, goes to show how shit Kobe is
-------------------------------------------------------------

Now? Gobbling Stephen A. Smith's testicles after a historic sequence of failure.

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Rings are team accomplishments, though.

Not when spurfan props up Duncan.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Now? Gobbling Stephen A. Smith's testicles after a historic sequence of failure.

Nope. Just sharing their opinions, which I and most NBA fans find quite accurate.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2015, 07:18 PM
And stats suddenly stop being for losers when you use them to prop up Kirby.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:19 PM

I don't use rings. Makes no sense. Takes a team to win one. Though, being the best player on a title team is a legacy enhancing achievement, no doubt.

Mitch
06-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Nope. Just sharing their opinions, which I and most NBA fans find quite accurate.

Posts picture from people talking about ranking Lebron ------> Skews it to talk about Kobe

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 07:22 PM
And stats suddenly stop being for losers when you use them to prop up Kirby.

Kobe has won more in the finals than he has lost. Makes him a winner. Blake and Paul are 200 million dollars worth of losers.

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 07:23 PM
I don't use rings. Makes no sense. Takes a team to win one. Though, being the best player on a title team is a legacy enhancing achievement, no doubt.

So you don't use it as team accomplishment for Duncan. Got it.

K...
06-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Kobe has won more in the finals than he has lost. Makes him a winner. Blake and Paul are 200 million dollars worth of losers.

This has no logical meaning. Can you restate it in non Kobe fans talk.

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 07:25 PM
This has no logical meaning. Can you restate it in non Kobe fans talk.

It's simple. Kobe has won more times than not in the finals.

lefty
06-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Russell and kareem over Bird :lol

Infinite_limit
06-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Stephen A Smiths list is awful

Skip with Shaq is weird

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Posts picture from people talking about ranking Lebron ------> Skews it to talk about Kobe

I just can't help hammering those nails into the coffin of the Duncan/Kobe debate.

Last year's Father's Day changed a lot. Has you and yours resorting to gossip talk about Duncan's finances like a sewing circle.

How the mighty have fallen.

Kool Bob Love
06-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Why is the mavs fan upset?

Clipper Nation
06-21-2015, 07:35 PM
It's simple. Kobe has won more times than not in the finals.
Kirby hasn't won shit. He was dragged to all those rings. Still zero playoff series wins as the first option and about to threepeat in lottery appearances.

Mitch
06-21-2015, 07:36 PM
I just can't help hammering those nails into the coffin of the Duncan/Kobe debate.

Last year's Father's Day changed a lot. Has you and yours resorting to gossip talk about Duncan's finances like a sewing circle.

How the mighty have fallen.

Hammering nails? It just seems like you're letting the guy pee in your cheerios while you continue to eat them.

You've come full circle, shamefully grasping at your last card after playing with a full deck this playoffs.

Infinite_limit
06-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Both don't seem very high on Kareem

Smith: 3rd
Skip: 5th

What happens when someone breaks his scoring record?

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Kirby hasn't won shit. He was dragged to all those rings. Still zero playoff series wins as the first option and about to threepeat in lottery appearances.

Only losers care about option shit. If we are going to go the option route, LeBron has lost FOUR times in the finals as the main option :lol

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Hammering nails? It just seems like you're letting the guy pee in your cheerios while you continue to eat them.

You've come full circle, shamefully grasping at your last card after playing with a full deck this playoffs.

More like peeing in Kobefan's cheerios.

It's obviously working, considering your frustration.

Mitch
06-21-2015, 07:46 PM
More like peeing in Kobefan's cheerios.

It's obviously working, considering your frustration.

Delusion might help you scrap your failed stretch goals for the playoffs, but all you have is Cub to pester and he's sleeping a lot easier than you are.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Delusion might help you scrap your failed stretch goals for the playoffs, but all you have is Cub to pester and he's sleeping a lot easier than you are.

Nah. The only goal(s) I have for an NBA post-season is the Spurs winning the title and/or the Lakers not winning the title. Everything else is just used for troll material.

I broke even this year, so I'm good.

Mitch
06-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Nah. The only goal(s) I have for an NBA post-season is the Spurs winning the title and/or the Lakers not winning the title. Everything else is just used for troll material.

I broke even this year, so I'm good.

Breaking even would imply you have something to show for the cards you dealt, but you came back empty.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Breaking even would imply you have something to show for the cards you dealt, but you came back empty.

The status quo vis a vis Lakers/Spurs remained the same. Neither fanbase gained any bragging rights. Broke even.

Mitch
06-21-2015, 07:58 PM
The status quo vis a vis Lakers/Spurs remained the same. Neither fanbase gained any bragging rights. Broke even.

The state of the franchises and your failed gameplan are not related.

LkrFan
06-21-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm surprised that SAS's (a noted Kobe fanboy) placement is more accurate (Duncan is my 4th). Skip has Duncan 6th, Kobe 8th.

Of course, they're saying things we already know, but now that the two most influential talking heads in sports media have caught up, it's even more official.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/egpq9s.jpg LeBron 2/6 James still in your top 5?

Infinite_limit
06-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Sorry to interrupt the pissing contest

Why Kareem no respect? When I make my Top 5 list he seems to have all the credentials for the #2 spot

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 08:07 PM
LeBron 2/6 James still in your top 5?

:lol the Nigga could be 2 for 20 and the media would still make excuses.

midnightpulp
06-21-2015, 08:10 PM
The state of the franchises and your failed gameplan are not related.

What "gameplan?"

Oh, hoping Pau and Dwight do well so I could further shit on Kobe?

That would've been just icing on the cake. Kobe leading the Lakers to their worst ever record is more than enough to work with.

I did get greedy, though.

LkrFan
06-21-2015, 08:12 PM
mid will :downspin: it just like the media in 3, 2...

Infinite_limit
06-21-2015, 08:14 PM

http://oi62.tinypic.com/egpq9s.jpg

Rest of Skip's List:

6. Duncan
7. Kobe
8. Bird
9. Lebron

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 08:20 PM
mid will :downspin: it just like the media in 3, 2...

LeBronstan will say how LeBron makes everyone better, and at the same time they complain about his supporting cast :lol

Mitch
06-21-2015, 08:27 PM
What "gameplan?"

Oh, hoping Pau and Dwight do well so I could further shit on Kobe?

That would've been just icing on the cake. Kobe leading the Lakers to their worst ever record is more than enough to work with.

I did get greedy, though.

You bet the house, you are left with last weeks lunch. I'll leave it at that since Kobe is entering your head again.

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:31 PM

You citing an unnamed source for "Amy" for how long now?

Exactly, put your false teeth in backwards and bite your tongue.

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:33 PM
LeBronstan will say how LeBron makes everyone better, and at the same time they complain about his supporting cast :lol
There's no contradiction there. His shitty supporting cast made it to the Finals because he made them less necessary, not because he made them better. No one makes other people better, no one. They make them less of a liability, or they make them more of an asset, but they are rarely if ever better after than before playing with said player. Proof is all over the NBA in players who were made better by this or that guy then they "regressed" after leaving the team.

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:35 PM
If he gets to the Finals 20 times, he's probably the best player ever.

Thread
06-21-2015, 08:36 PM
You citing an unnamed source for "Amy" for how long now?

What's that got to do with it?

baseline bum
06-21-2015, 08:38 PM

Horry > Snitch

HI-FI
06-21-2015, 08:47 PM
Alex's foreskin is Venti and Mitch is DD I reckon.

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:50 PM
What's that got to do with it?
Since for you black is white and day is night, right is wrong and winning is losing... all in the name of confusion being better than facing the gallows of 3peat lottery.. it has everything to do with it because only assholes cite the media.

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:50 PM
You think?

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Horry > Snitch
Steve Kerr 5 rings as a player, 1 as a coach. 6 > 5. Kerr > Bryant

Thread
06-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Since for you black is white and day is night, right is wrong and winning is losing... all in the name of confusion being better than facing the gallows of 3peat lottery.. it has everything to do with it because only assholes cite the media.

I face it every day. But, that ain't enough for "you." It never is.

HI-FI
06-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Steve Kerr 5 rings as a player, 1 as a coach. 6 > 5. Kerr > Bryant
Ben Rothlisberger 2 rings >> Manning and Marino combined

DMC
06-21-2015, 08:56 PM
I face it every day. But, that ain't enough for "you." It never is.
It's there, you pretend it's not whilst you tarry about here and yon looking for dirt in our gold mine.

Thread
06-21-2015, 09:00 PM
It's there, you pretend it's not whilst you tarry about here and yon looking for dirt in our gold mine.

No. I never pretend. I call shit-shit. When I lose, or, you win, I come in here and I'm honest with you guys,,,I put it all out on the Forum, because that's the way it is, and the way it supposed to be. What do I get in return from the opposition? This::: "I don't care, we still have 5." "I don't care, I still make 100k a year." "I don't care, I'm still healthy." You fuckers have no respect for anyone, not even yourselves.

Boiled down:::you dish it. You cannot take it.

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 09:07 PM
There's no contradiction there. His shitty supporting cast made it to the Finals because he made them less necessary, not because he made them better. No one makes other people better, no one. They make them less of a liability, or they make them more of an asset, but they are rarely if ever better after than before playing with said player. Proof is all over the NBA in players who were made better by this or that guy then they "regressed" after leaving the team.

They made it to the finals because the East is weak. And right on cue you blame his supporting cast :lmao

Alex's foreskin
06-21-2015, 09:08 PM

No sir.

Thread
06-21-2015, 09:10 PM
They made it to the finals because the East is weak. And right on cue you blame his supporting cast :lmao

Because that was the golden parachute provided James by NBA & Media. They will not permit him to fall. No fuckin' way.

DMC
06-21-2015, 09:29 PM
No. I never pretend. I call shit-shit. When I lose, or, you win, I come in here and I'm honest with you guys,,,I put it all out on the Forum, because that's the way it is, and the way it supposed to be. What do I get in return from the opposition? This::: "I don't care, we still have 5." "I don't care, I still make 100k a year." "I don't care, I'm still healthy." You fuckers have no respect for anyone, not even yourselves.

Boiled down:::you dish it. You cannot take it.

You pretend to not be affiliated with the Lakers when they are losing, like now. Never a word from you about it. Instead, it's anything other than basketball for you, because for you there is no basketball if your team isn't winning and you have no platform from which to talk shit. That's why you rode in with Pau, and that's why you've rarely discussed the game in the past 3 years. You'd prefer to talk about player's personal lives as if that somehow changes the Spurs or the Lakers.

The truth is you've lost. In this several year battle between your team and mine, between your "star" and mine, you lost. Your star is broken, fallen, and your team is in decay and ruins. Your owner is dead. My team won a ring last year, my star at age 39 still a force to be reckoned with. They made it back to the playoffs yet again, but your team didn't. Your team couldn't decide tank or get off the pot. You decry tanking yet you basque in the results.

You lost. Move on.

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Mid and Dmc are upset because:

They never repeated
They're boy is a faggit, cuck, and a pushover when it comes to his money
The 2nd 5th

DMC
06-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Mid and Dmc are upset because:

They never repeated
They're boy is a faggit, cuck, and a pushover when it comes to his money
The 2nd 5th
Freshman level shit... do you ever step your game up?

Thread
06-21-2015, 09:41 PM
You pretend to not be affiliated with the Lakers when they are losing, like now. Never a word from you about it. Instead, it's anything other than basketball for you, because for you there is no basketball if your team isn't winning and you have no platform from which to talk shit. That's why you rode in with Pau, and that's why you've rarely discussed the game in the past 3 years. You'd prefer to talk about player's personal lives as if that somehow changes the Spurs or the Lakers.

The truth is you've lost. In this several year battle between your team and mine, between your "star" and mine, you lost. Your star is broken, fallen, and your team is in decay and ruins. Your owner is dead. My team won a ring last year, my star at age 39 still a force to be reckoned with. They made it back to the playoffs yet again, but your team didn't. Your team couldn't decide tank or get off the pot. You decry tanking yet you basque in the results.

You lost. Move on.

No. I've cited the Lakers failures repeatedly and at length.

You lost Vs. the Clippers and both you & Midst wouldn't even acknowledge it until I threatened to black ball ya's. Then you came to your senses and relented. That's weak. You still won't tell the "once upon a time..." --- no fuckin' way. Can't let anybody see into your soul at total loss. Don't fret, Suns Fan is the spittin' image of ya's.

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Freshman level shit... do you ever step your game up?

Name one thing you and Tammy have in common?

Let me guess....your wife left you too....:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2015, 09:46 PM
To those wondering...DMCs wife really did leave his fat ass lol

DMC
06-21-2015, 10:00 PM
^Idiot spent 3 years talking about my "daughter" until he discovered (by me telling him) that I don't have one. Now it's about my wife leaving me, you know... the woman in the other room right now folding my clothes.

Your character never grew. It makes me think the person behind it hit a wall.

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2015, 10:18 PM
^Idiot spent 3 years talking about my "daughter" until he discovered (by me telling him) that I don't have one. Now it's about my wife leaving me, you know... the woman in the other room right now folding my clothes.

Your character never grew. It makes me think the person behind it hit a wall.

Lol. Why dont u post a pic of her hands..pretty please :lol

Killakobe81
06-21-2015, 11:27 PM
What a shitty thread who gets real hoops takes from SaS or Skip?

DMC
06-22-2015, 12:11 AM
Lol. Why dont u post a pic of her hands..pretty please :lol

I did already.

illmatic
06-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Don't fret, Suns Fan is the spittin' image of ya's.

You'll be shittin' bricks when they do eventually ring.

Thread
06-22-2015, 12:48 AM
You'll be shittin' bricks when they do eventually ring.

I'll be in a dumpster behind a crematory.

Silver&Black
06-22-2015, 02:06 AM
I remember watching this...

I think someone screwed up SAS list. He talks the entire time about how Kobe had more adversity that's why he puts him above Duncan.

Again, I think there is a typo in his list. I'm going to have to go back and re-watch it.

ambchang
06-22-2015, 08:47 AM
I don't even know why this is a debate anymore.

Kobe vs. Duncan is LONG dead, even old school folks, without looking at stats, and only looking at team accomplishments, can say that Duncan >>>> Kobe.

Now, with advanced stats coming in the way, it's even more apparent. It's not a fair fight, like comparing a Siberian tiger to an individual hyena.

whitemamba
06-22-2015, 12:28 PM
:lol mid must be hurting

Tuddy
06-22-2015, 05:58 PM
SAS's list is pretty good IMO. Russell shouldn't be in top 5 and Snaq, even though in his prime he was the most dominant player ever, didn't stay there for long enough.

Infinite_limit
06-23-2015, 07:22 PM
SAS's list is pretty good IMO. Russell shouldn't be in top 5 and Snaq, even though in his prime he was the most dominant player ever, didn't stay there for long enough.
1. Jordan
2 & 3. 80's Lakers
4. Duncan
5. 2/6 in the Finals

Awful list

RGMCSE
07-22-2015, 10:00 AM
This not surprising considering one values winning more than anything in the world. And that is what old school media will always be won over by. Not by a helicopter flying rapist.

Thread
07-22-2015, 12:40 PM
This not surprising considering one values winning more than anything in the world. And that is what old school media will always be won over by. Not by a helicopter flying rapist.

You've had your own rapist. You're nary room.

Agloco
07-22-2015, 01:52 PM
No. I've cited the Lakers failures repeatedly and at length.

You lost Vs. the Clippers and both you & Midst wouldn't even acknowledge it until I threatened to black ball ya's. Then you came to your senses and relented. That's weak. You still won't tell the "once upon a time..." --- no fuckin' way. Can't let anybody see into your soul at total loss. Don't fret, Suns Fan is the spittin' image of ya's.

What will you do if Duncan rings again?

Thread
07-22-2015, 02:04 PM
What will you do if Duncan rings again?

I'll take it like a trooper.

It's my religion.

RGMCSE
07-27-2015, 03:29 PM
I'll take it like a trooper.

It's my religion.

get ready old man, the broom stick is comin.

Thread
07-27-2015, 03:37 PM
get ready old man, the broom stick is comin.

I won't be like your people in '10,,,hidin' upstairs for a fortnight. I'll report immediately.

RGMCSE
07-27-2015, 04:04 PM
I won't be like your people in '10,,,hidin' upstairs for a fortnight. I'll report immediately.
Will you give us all the sultry details. The shivering on a pale moon light. The cold sweats and the sinking pit in your stomach. Let us in cub.

Thread
07-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Will you give us all the sultry details. The shivering on a pale moon light. The cold sweats and the sinking pit in your stomach. Let us in cub.

Absolutely. To do otherwise would be pussy & chickenshit.

z0sa
07-27-2015, 04:33 PM

You mean like how you disappeared the entire 2013 playoffs only to report immediately after LeBron rang? Big LeBron fan deep down inside, aren't ye?

Thread
07-27-2015, 04:58 PM
You mean like how you disappeared the entire 2013 playoffs only to report immediately after LeBron rang? Big LeBron fan deep down inside, aren't ye?

Yep. That's when the Champion was decided. Everybody else, all 29 was shinin' shoes.

---

When it butters my bread, absolutely.

z0sa
07-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Well, 16 teams weren't shining shoes to start the playoffs. Including your Lakers.

Thread
07-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Well, 16 teams weren't shining shoes to start the playoffs. Including your Lakers.

Whoop-dee-do. When the Champion is decided I report immediately. After 17 June 2010 your people didn't report for a fortnight.

That's pussy. That's chickenshit.

z0sa
07-27-2015, 05:37 PM
You're a pussy and a chickenshit, too, though.

Thread
07-27-2015, 06:04 PM
You're a pussy and a chickenshit, too, though.

No. I'm here immediately upon ringage. I don't wait two weeks till the smoke clears like your people did June of '10.

That's pussy. That's chickenshit.