PDA

View Full Version : The Fault In Our Stars - movie review

cantthinkofanything
06-22-2015, 12:01 PM
the wife and daughter rented this. I was playing a video game and wasn't thinking I'd pay much attention. But I have to say that this was a surprisingly good movie and not just a teen flick. Maybe it was because I was expecting so little out of it but I put the video game down in the first few minutes and never picked it up again. good movie.

7/10

The Gemini Method
06-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Heavy on the sentiment but well-done. One of the few movies I've seen that is close to the book in scope. Not a good movie to watch if you've lost a friend to leukemia as a kid. But definitely something worth watching.

Spam
06-22-2015, 12:51 PM
It sucked major ass. What a bunch of wusses.

cantthinkofanything
06-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Heavy on the sentiment but well-done. One of the few movies I've seen that is close to the book in scope. Not a good movie to watch if you've lost a friend to leukemia as a kid. But definitely something worth watching.

Didn't read the book but heard it did a good job. It was a little weird watching them together because subliminally I was thinking of them as brother and sister from the other move. Nice to see William Defoe doing something. For some reason, I thought he would have looked a lot older by now.

The Gemini Method
06-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Didn't read the book but heard it did a good job. It was a little weird watching them together because subliminally I was thinking of them as brother and sister from the other move. Nice to see William Defoe doing something. For some reason, I thought he would have looked a lot older by now.. He played that role splendidly. I'm with you on that one--he looks Crypt Keeper in some roles and decent in others.

Bobby Junk
06-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Loved it!!I