PDA

View Full Version : [Woj] Sacramento Kings coach George Karl pushing to trade DeMarcus Cousins

Lerojo
06-23-2015, 01:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--george-karl-pushing-for-kings-to-trade-demarcus-cousins-051748948.html

Can we make this happen? He is exactly what we need.

BatManu20
06-23-2015, 01:15 AM
Offer them Tony. Should do the trick. Sean Elliott would be elated.

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2015, 01:16 AM

BatManu20
06-23-2015, 01:21 AM
If they could get #2 from the Lakers for him, LA might pull the trigger, tbh.

monkeypunk
06-23-2015, 01:24 AM
Can you imagine Boogie on this team? Pop would seize out by the third play of the first game, holy shit...

NASpurs
06-23-2015, 01:27 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal/) have had significant interest with Cousins, but their No. 2 overall pick isn't as appealing to the Kings as finding a deal that includes established, veteran players

#2 and what veterans do the Lakers have? It's all trash over there.

BatManu20
06-23-2015, 01:33 AM
#2 and what veterans do the Lakers have? It's all trash over there.

Give 'em Kirby. Would be the best trade Mitch has made in years, tbh.

HI-FI
06-23-2015, 01:39 AM
It would be awesome to get him but this feels like it's being set up for the Lakers.

Nathan89
06-23-2015, 01:55 AM
It would be awesome to get him but this feels like it's being set up for the Lakers.

The only player they would want on our team is Kawhi.

wildchild
06-23-2015, 02:05 AM
Really? I believe Vlade and Vivek when they say they don't want to trade Boogie.

RD2191
06-23-2015, 02:07 AM

$pursDynasty
06-23-2015, 08:43 AM
it seems like the Lakers plant Manchurian candidates throughout the league to facilitate Laker friendly deals when the time is right. Who would be surprised if Vlade did the same? With everyone sampling the Spurs tree it would be nice if our saplings started doing the same; making lop sided Spurs centric trades. That is one of the very few ways that the Lakers>Spurs. With all the teams with ex-Spurs people high in their organization we would have the league on lock for a while.

dabom
06-23-2015, 08:46 AM
it seems like the Lakers plant Manchurian candidates throughout the league to facilitate Laker friendly deals when the time is right. Who would be surprised if Vlade did the same? With everyone sampling the Spurs tree it would be nice if our saplings started doing the same; making lop sided Spurs centric trades. That is one of the very few ways that the Lakers>Spurs. With all the teams with ex-Spurs people high in their organization we would have the league on lock for a while.

:lol

Chinook
06-23-2015, 08:55 AM
The issue is that teams that have really good vets want to pair DMC with those vets. Like would Atlanta gut its core to give Karl want he wants? I doubt it.

Russ
06-23-2015, 09:13 AM
I heard the Lakers get Cousins and the #6 pick for their #2 pick (but that might not be the entire deal).

adonis827
06-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Why would George Karl take up this gig when he knows DeMarcus is untradeable?

elemento
06-23-2015, 09:36 AM
I heard the Lakers get Cousins and the #6 pick for their #2 pick (but that might not be the entire deal).

No chance in hell SAC does it. If LA want Cousins, it starts with the #2 + Randle and SAC keeps the 6#. Cousins is worth way more than going up 4 spots in the draft.

buttsR4rebounding
06-23-2015, 09:44 AM
No chance in hell SAC does it. If LA want Cousins, it starts with the #2 + Randle and SAC keeps the 6#. Cousins is worth way more than going up 4 spots in the draft.

That's for sure. Cousins and Davis are the 2 best centers in the NBA. If you can get Cousins to buy into what you are selling then he could be the league MVP. I think in past that he was definitely immature, but saw that they were losing and he was the best player on the team and he wasn't getting enough touches. I don't think there is an issue in a winning environment.

DPG21920
06-23-2015, 10:29 AM
I could see Boston doing a deal. Marcus Smart + a ton of picks. But it seems like they want vets. If I were CHI I would offer Noah/Whatever to get it done.

I wouldn't but if SAC said you give us Kawhi & you get Cousins do you do that for the long term?

Robz4000
06-23-2015, 10:34 AM
I could see Boston doing a deal. Marcus Smart + a ton of picks. But it seems like they want vets. If I were CHI I would offer Noah/Whatever to get it done.

I wouldn't but if SAC said you give us Kawhi & you get Cousins do you do that for the long term?

Nah. Kawhi has shown a willingness to remain in SA while Cousins outside last year has been a question mark mentally.

Dverde
06-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Denver has good pieces and Karl knows the players...I could see a deal going down.

RD2191
06-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Why does Karl want to trade the 2nd best center in the league?

raybies
06-23-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm intrigued by this deal. I agree there's no way they trade the number 6 with Cousins just to move up four spots. He's worth way more than that. But if Sac did do Cousins for the 2 pick and Randle that's a pretty good deal for both sides. Lakers have the brass to get Cousins respect while the Kings get a better attitude that has the potential to put the numbers Cousins did, Maybe not right away but in time. And if they already have a plan to pursue Rondo, they wouldn't need to pick a point with the 6 pick, they could get a guy like Willie Cauley-Stein to help with defense.

In this scenario, their starting lineup would be

Rondo
Mclemore
Gay
Stein
Okafor

What do you think of this lineup? Better or Worse? I think it's a better defensive unit and probably a better environment which could lead to better chemistry. they could also look to trade down in the draft.

Fireball
06-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Hopefully he moves to the East ...

DrunkTXLabrat
06-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Cousins reminds me of Dwight Howard. Sure, they can put up stats. But the only stat that really matters is rings. And i don't see either player getting one in their career.

cd98
06-23-2015, 01:21 PM
If Karl can put up with Melo and JR Smith on the same team for several years, and he couldn't stand Cousins for only part of a season, that tells you something.

weeks
06-23-2015, 01:42 PM
karl has been called a snake in the grass by a ton of players. makes me question his relationship with star players

tmtcsc
06-23-2015, 01:54 PM

It would take a lot more than that.

elemento
06-23-2015, 01:55 PM
That's for sure. Cousins and Davis are the 2 best centers in the NBA. If you can get Cousins to buy into what you are selling then he could be the league MVP. I think in past that he was definitely immature, but saw that they were losing and he was the best player on the team and he wasn't getting enough touches. I don't think there is an issue in a winning environment.

I agree. And Cousins is one of a few true young Centers in the league that can actually play on BOTH ends. He is great offensively and defensively.

tmtcsc
06-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Give them Splitter and some spare change for Cousins. He's worth the risk.

DPG21920
06-23-2015, 02:07 PM
If the Lakers get him for Okafor, Randle & Clarkson that would suck :lol. Not that LA would be great, it's just great value for DMC despite the questions surrounding him.

Spurs don't have the assets at all to get DMC unless they were willing to give Kawhi or maybe TP. I don't think he goes to LA though.

Wonder if Minny offers #1 pick + Rubio + Pek or something like that.

tmtcsc
06-23-2015, 02:11 PM
If the Lakers get him for Okafor, Randle & Clarkson that would suck :lol. Not that LA would be great, it's just great value for DMC despite the questions surrounding him.

Spurs don't have the assets at all to get DMC unless they were willing to give Kawhi or maybe TP. I don't think he goes to LA though.

The guy is a talented head-case and malcontent. No way in hell is he worth the trouble. Losers are losers.

boutons_deux
06-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Cousins would probably get his frickin head straight under Pop's coaching, and contribute what his talent has always promised.

I'm sure Pop and staff would make the requirements very clear to DMC before signing him.

ducks
06-23-2015, 02:27 PM
cousins wade kobe

RD2191
06-23-2015, 02:29 PM
DMC is a bitch just like Dwight. We don't need pussy big men. Dude folds and loses his cool under pressure.

Chinook
06-23-2015, 03:30 PM

I mean, no Kawhi for sure. But if the Kings wanted Parker? Hell yes. Hell, if the Kings offered 6 for Parker, I'd be all over it.

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2015, 03:33 PM
DMC is a bitch just like Dwight. We don't need pussy big men. Dude folds and loses his cool under pressure.

We do have splitter lol he's a pretty big pussy

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2015, 03:34 PM
I mean, no Kawhi for sure. But if the Kings wanted Parker? Hell yes. Hell, if the Kings offered 6 for Parker, I'd be all over it.

I would take it in a heartbeat too.

RD2191
06-23-2015, 03:37 PM
We do have splitter lol he's a pretty big pussy
Sure, but he's not a head case.

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Sure, but he's not a head case.

Winning has a way of taking a head case. He can make layups and doesn't get blocked by PGs

Thomas82
06-23-2015, 06:29 PM

LMBO

SilverSpur
06-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Why do I think Dallas will swoop in and trade for him. I hope so, that would leave LMA for us.

cd98
06-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Don't understand the fuss about this guy. He's surrounded with legit NBA talent, but he's not good enough to get the Kings to sniffing the playoffs.

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Don't understand the fuss about this guy. He's surrounded with legit NBA talent, but he's not good enough to get the Kings to sniffing the playoffs.

You mean Rudy gay?

MultiTroll
06-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Why would George Karl take up this gig when he knows DeMarcus is untradeable?
Karl spoke about Cousins in glowing terms right after he signed the deal.
Said he has the potential to be better then Shaun Kemp.
Before you laugh about Kemp, i mean before the drugs got the best of him.
For about 3 years, Prime Kemp absolutely kicked ass. The Sonics gave the Stockton-Malone the bums rush in several playoff series along with some other good teams. Sure the Bulls beat them in the Finals, don't even get going about some of the bullshit reffing as the Bulls were the media darlings. Nor the 66 (sixty six not a misprint) free throws the Suns got in Game 7 to advance to the Finals. Commercials were being run before the game touting a Charles Barkley - MJordan matchup. :rolleyes

I got to talk to Sonics reserve Michael Cage in person about that. What a scam.

Biernutz
06-24-2015, 12:08 AM
When they brought in Karl,they gave him the power to make trades. It's obvious with all the smoke
that George is shopping Cousins. The owner of the Kings today said that cousins will not be traded but
will DeMarcus want to play for Karl. Cousins is a bit of a baby and he could demand a trade. When
he tweeted today, the tweet had a snake and some grass. Is is speculated that the meaning is
Karl is a "snake in the grass".

RD2191
06-24-2015, 12:12 AM
When they brought in Karl,they gave him the power to make trades. It's obvious with all the smoke
that George is shopping Cousins. The owner of the Kings today said that cousins will not be traded but
will DeMarcus want to play for Karl. Cousins is a bit of a baby and he could demand a trade. When
he tweeted today, the tweet had a snake and some grass. Is is speculated that the meaning is
Karl is a "snake in the grass".
This is why DMC is a worthless player. Hasn't even played 1 game for his new coach and the relationship is already ruined.

wildchild
06-24-2015, 12:46 AM
Parker trade never gonna happen.
This isn't 2003 and Kidd rumors. There is no need to pull Tony aside and tell him that no matter what people say, he's Pop's guy...
Pop shows loyalty to Parker in every one of his moves.
The three year extension, the reluctance to limit his role or minutes even though the injuries, his insistence on maintaining Tony as the motor of the team even when he's not the pg that used to be, and it's probably that he wants Tony retires a Spur.
In the next two seasons, I just hope that Pop doesn't confuse having great loyalty to someone, with idiocy.

palangi
06-24-2015, 01:21 AM
This is why DMC is a worthless player. Hasn't even played 1 game for his new coach and the relationship is already ruined.
Speaking of worthless...