PDA

View Full Version : Out of control vaping has Hawaii set the smoking age to 21.

InRareForm
06-23-2015, 11:25 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/23/8830711/hawaii-smoking-limit-21-first-state-in-us

ElNono
06-24-2015, 01:34 AM
"Raising the minimum age as part of our comprehensive tobacco control efforts will help reduce tobacco use among our youth and increase the likelihood that our keiki will grow up to be tobacco-free," Hawaii Governor David Ige says in a statement, using the Hawaiian word for children

I switched to digital a bunch of years ago, and there's no such thing as a "tobacco" e-cig. You can buy the tobacco flavor, with or without nicotine, but it's just fake flavoring.

Splits
06-24-2015, 02:41 AM
"Raising the minimum age as part of our comprehensive tobacco control efforts will help reduce tobacco use among our youth and increase the likelihood that our keiki will grow up to be tobacco-free," Hawaii Governor David Ige says in a statement, using the Hawaiian word for children

I switched to digital a bunch of years ago, and there's no such thing as a "tobacco" e-cig. You can buy the tobacco flavor, with or without nicotine, but it's just fake flavoring.

Same. I can't believe states are "cracking down" on a product which is saving lives. I smoked actual tobacco cigarettes for over 20 years. I've never been more healthy and happy having kicked the habit. My vape is my lifeline. Genius invention.

And I'm at 3mg now, almost nicotine free....

boutons_deux
06-24-2015, 04:47 AM
Same. I can't believe states are "cracking down" on a product which is saving lives. I smoked actual tobacco cigarettes for over 20 years. I've never been more healthy and happy having kicked the habit. My vape is my lifeline. Genius invention.

And I'm at 3mg now, almost nicotine free....

vaping is being taking up by "cool" kids, not being used to quit tobacco.

Vaping is not free of risks.

But since mortally dangerous cigarettes, killing 100Ks per year for decades in the USA, are legal, are untouchable thanks to govt protection purchased by BigTobacco, vaping is safe from govt regulations.

Nicotine in tobacco, like marijuana, officially has no medical use, but guess which one is DEA Schedule I and which is 100% legal. btw, Anslinger went after mj, with acquiescence from the Feds, because the black and "Mexican" users back in the 1930s had to be suppressed, preferably by jailing.

It was amazing to hear Obama tell Maron that the function of the police was to keep blacks corralled, suppressed in ghettos.

Splits
06-24-2015, 07:57 AM

But since mortally dangerous cigarettes, killing 100Ks per year for decades in the USA, are legal, are untouchable thanks to govt protection purchased by BigTobacco, vaping is safe from govt regulations.

Nicotine in tobacco, like marijuana, officially has no medical use, but guess which one is DEA Schedule I and which is 100% legal. btw, Anslinger went after mj, with acquiescence from the Feds, because the black and "Mexican" users back in the 1930s had to be suppressed, preferably by jailing.

It was amazing to hear Obama tell Maron that the function of the police was to keep blacks corralled, suppressed in ghettos.

I'm not sure what you're trying to profess.

InRareForm
06-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Smoking is a worse habit to have obviously.

Vaping Is better, but still contains negative effects to the user. Just not as bad as regular cigarettes

ElNono
06-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Not smoking is always the best option, tbh... but they're going wrong about this. Prohibition only makes it more "taboo" and "cool". The solution to this is education.

baseline bum
06-24-2015, 02:20 PM

So you want cigarettes to be illegal?

boutons_deux
06-24-2015, 02:59 PM
So you want cigarettes to be illegal?

sure, they're poisonous, pathogenic, costs us all $100Ms/year for lung cancer costs, since many dying smokers are in the lower quintiles and uninsured. Cigarettes are pure insanity, addictive drugs.

baseline bum
06-24-2015, 03:22 PM
sure, they're poisonous, pathogenic, costs us all $100Ms/year for lung cancer costs, since many dying smokers are in the lower quintiles and uninsured. Cigarettes are pure insanity, addictive drugs.

Can we also make fried chicken illegal? You're also on the side of keeping weed illegal right?

DarrinS
06-24-2015, 03:25 PM
"Out of control vaping" ???

Srsly?

DarrinS
06-24-2015, 03:25 PM

^Out of control posting, tbh.

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 03:26 PM
"Out of control vaping" ???

Srsly?

25 percent of 9th and 10th grade students had used an electronic smoking device at least once and 18 percent used one regularly.

SnakeBoy
06-24-2015, 03:42 PM

Since the nicotine is derived from tobacco they claim it's a tobacco product. E-Juice makers need to start using nicotine derived from eggplants or potatoes.

It's the tobacco companies that are pushing for e-cig regulation. I heard that RJ Reynolds bought the Vuse company and then turned around and asked the FDA to be regulated in such a way that would pretty much kill the industry.

ElNono
06-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Since the nicotine is derived from tobacco they claim it's a tobacco product. E-Juice makers need to start using nicotine derived from eggplants or potatoes.

It's the tobacco companies that are pushing for e-cig regulation. I heard that RJ Reynolds bought the Vuse company and then turned around and asked the FDA to be regulated in such a way that would pretty much kill the industry.

I've heard that too, but honestly, any vaper worth their salt is already winding their own coil and, push come to shove, you can mix your own juice. All the parts are generic enough.

SnakeBoy
06-24-2015, 06:57 PM
I've heard that too, but honestly, any vaper worth their salt is already winding their own coil and, push come to shove, you can mix your own juice. All the parts are generic enough.

lol fuck rebuilding coils, I'll just buy them. Then again I use 0 nic juice so I guess I don't count as a real vaper.

TheSanityAnnex
06-24-2015, 07:00 PM
THC oil in a vape is very nice, so a few friends have told me.

ElNono
06-24-2015, 08:41 PM
lol fuck rebuilding coils, I'll just buy them. Then again I use 0 nic juice so I guess I don't count as a real vaper.

:lol if you vape, you count.

I rebuild the coil like once a week, takes 5 mins. Just need a toothpick, cotton and 4 inches of this wire:
http://www.amazon.com/TEMCo-Kanthal-Wire-Gauge-Resistance/dp/B00E1U3YNK

I use a SmokTech Dripper RDA:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1651801-authentic-smoktech-dripper-rda

Only spend money on juice, since I'm too lazy to mix it myself...