PDA

View Full Version : Texas, Guns, and kayak fishing.

pgardn
06-24-2015, 09:11 AM
http://www.caller.com/news/local-news/report-of-bullets-flying-in-nighthawk-bay

This is the kind of stuff we need the government for. I had an acquaintance get buzzed in this same spot. Probably meth heads who start to practice when you get to close and then some shots go astray accidentally. Oh hell I forgot, police require taxes. And, they are out of control anyways.

Love be me some Texas bay fishing when it gets more interesting, like a video game where one has the chance of dying.

boutons_deux
06-24-2015, 09:18 AM
TX Repugs will never budget, hire to restrain gun shooters, esp white ones.

$800M for brown border security? hell yes!

m>s
06-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Dude that's crazy, the worst that's happened to be is rude boaters coming by and creating a huge wake right in the middle of where you are fishing.

pgardn
06-24-2015, 09:29 AM
The acquaintance was buzzed AFTER this article came out.

Some law abiding gun owners have basically been bold enough to just take some waterfront property. They have apparently also established water as a part of their realm.
Texas, I love you for your coastline and hate you at the same time.

I really don't want to play Wild West while fishing, this is supposedly a good spot. Rationing by inconvenience. It's inconvenient to get shot, but if you are willing to risk it, there are fish to be caught.

m>s
06-24-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm pretty sure they are going to get shut down soon. reminds me of why I going go hunting on public hunting grounds tbh.

pgardn
06-24-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty sure they are going to get shut down soon. reminds me of why I going go hunting on public hunting grounds tbh.

Who is going to shut them down?

m>s
06-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I guess kleberg country until the negotiates an agreement to transfer that responsibility to nueces county

pgardn
06-24-2015, 09:48 AM
I guess kleberg country until the negotiates an agreement to transfer that responsibility to nueces county

Think about this.

Its it's perfect to set up shop. Let's say a number of people have used this site because they can't pay for a range. It's secluded, hard to drive without 4 wheel, full of scrub brush, and full of Fckn mosquitoes, but it's free. So you go out there, pot shot at people on the water and get the crappy "road" shut down. Posted stay out by law enforcement (if they can pay for it).

Now who are the only ones going to go out there now? And as a cop, if no one has been killed, why police it? it's nasty hard place to stake out.
$

m>s
06-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Are people actually taking pot shots or is it random stray bullets? Either way it's serious and yes they should do their jobs to police it.

pgardn
06-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Are people actually taking pot shots or is it random stray bullets? Either way it's serious and yes they should do their jobs to police it.

Its was intended to get people away. No doubt.

Who will take responsibility?

I say no one until someone gets hit. And if the druggies are smart and just keep buzzing people, making sure they don't come close to land, it's perfect. No one dies, we got it to ourselves for whatever. I would bet money it's Meth setup. There are some really crapped out folks in the Aransas Pass, Corpus area. Enough poverty with a decent number of folks to sell to.

I go to some of the fish cleaning stations and these skinny dissolving strung out people ask to clean your fish or just want a flat out panhandle filled. I offer to buy them a burger and bring it back and get a thanks for nothing look.

m>s
06-24-2015, 10:15 AM
If there is a drug operation im sure the sheriffs department would be interested, it sounds like someone needs to go down there and file a complaint until they are heard

pgardn
06-24-2015, 10:29 AM
If there is a drug operation im sure the sheriffs department would be interested, it sounds like someone needs to go down there and file a complaint until they are heard

They know what it is. They have to. It's even been advertised.

$.

Responsibility shirking.

Could be the last on a list of places that are much easier to deal with.