PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Monta Ellis to opt out. Heat, Pacers interested

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Shooting guard Monta Ellis has decided to opt out of the final season of his contract with the Dallas Mavericks, agent Jeff Fried said.

The Mavericks do not intend to attempt to re-sign Ellis despite the fact he averaged 18.9 points last season to become the first player other than Dirk Nowitzki to lead them in scoring since 1999-2000.

Ellis, 29, had a Wednesday deadline to determine whether he wanted to make $8.7 million in the final season of a three-year, $25 million offer or test the free-agent market. If Ellis had opted in, the Mavs would have attempted to trade him for a first-round pick to clear cap space, sources told ESPN.com.

A source said the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers are among the teams expected to show interest in Ellis.

The 6-foot-3 Ellis, an undersized shooting guard who is one of the league's most dynamic off-the-dribble threats, played a key role in the Mavs winning a total of 99 games and advancing to the playoffs in each of the last two seasons after Dallas' one-year postseason absence.

But his moodiness negatively impacted team chemistry last season, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13141024/monta-ellis-opts-contract

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 11:27 AM
I guess Riley is sticking with his less than $10 million offer for Wade.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 12:03 PM
Cuban is all about chemistry

jeebus
06-24-2015, 12:07 PM
I wonder if _allas is doing a repeat of when they went for the triple D dynasty and ended up getting no one :lol

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 12:10 PM
I wonder if _allas is doing a repeat of when they went for the triple D dynasty and ended up getting no one :lol

:lol Dirk was pissed they eventually ended up wasting his money on Parsons.

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Cuban is all about chemistry

Really the Rondo acquisitions says hello ...

Ellis at his current price was a good value ... if he wants a raise I would not re-sign him either.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Cuban about to overpay Danny Green :lol

Thread
06-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Really the Rondo acquisitions says hello ...

Ellis at his current price was a good value ... if he wants a raise I would not re-sign him either.

Cuban just wants him gone and is telling him so.

AlexJones
06-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Thank Christ. Guess Cubes wasn't bullshitting about the analytics focus

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Thank Christ. Guess Cubes wasn't bullshitting about the analytics focus

If that was true then why get Rondo? Did analytics not see that coming?

LakerHater
06-24-2015, 03:11 PM
To Pursue Long-Term Deal With Hawks, Heat (reports @ShamsCharania (http://www.spurstalk.com/ShamsCharania)): http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238326/Mavericks-Targeting-Danny-Green-As-Monta-Ellis-Pursues-Deal-On-East-Coast … (http://t.co/6dw5hAYilf) pic.twitter.com/te976S3OXL (http://t.co/te976S3OXL)

LakerHater
06-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Monta Ellis opting out allows the Mavericks to make a serious run at Dallas native LaMarcus Aldridge!

Chris
06-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Ellis with the Hawks would be interesting

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Ellis with the Hawks would be interesting

How do you play he and Teague together? I dont get it ...

Chris
06-24-2015, 03:41 PM
How do you play he and Teague together? I dont get it ...

Let either run the point tbh Ellis can create anything he wants offensively which would provide a changeup to the multiple pick and rolls that they run. Bud would make that work

m>s
06-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Good riddance he's a pouty little baby

DPG21920
06-24-2015, 03:59 PM
This is on Cuban. You can't treat everyone like a business and expect loyalty and good attitudes. There's a reason people aren't happy when going to the mavs. Cuban hasn't taken care of anyone but Dirk, gets guys to take less to "buy-in" then doesn't take care of them when they perform.

Its all on his culture.

Thread
06-24-2015, 04:05 PM
^Yes, & he'd be justified if he treated Dirk likewise. A shame.

m>s
06-24-2015, 04:14 PM
This is on Cuban. You can't treat everyone like a business and expect loyalty and good attitudes. There's a reason people aren't happy when going to the mavs. Cuban hasn't taken care of anyone but Dirk, gets guys to take less to "buy-in" then doesn't take care of them when they perform.

Its all on his culture.
Yeah it's Cubans fault that little shithead had issues everywhere he's ever been too

DPG21920
06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
He played a great role with the Mavs. The reports where from this year, when Cubes like an idiot brought in a malcontent in Rondo that tanked the Mavs. Showed no sense of team building or loyalty and took the ball out of Monta's hands. Stupid.

AlexJones
06-24-2015, 04:32 PM
If that was true then why get Rondo? Did analytics not see that coming?

He only bragged about analytics in February or so, right when everyone knew the Rondo trade was a disaster. Probably figured it out then, IMO.

m>s
06-24-2015, 04:46 PM
He played a great role with the Mavs. The reports where from this year, when Cubes like an idiot brought in a malcontent in Rondo that tanked the Mavs. Showed no sense of team building or loyalty and took the ball out of Monta's hands. Stupid.
He tanked the end of the season and playoffs he's a faggot. There's a level of professionalism regardless of personal gripes.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 05:32 PM

That and Ellis being pissed about Parsons' contract.

D-Wade
06-24-2015, 05:38 PM
Never liked him, don't want him in South Beach.

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 06:17 PM
How is he gonna fit with Dragic tho

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2015, 06:28 PM
lol is the mavs going to throw max money at danny green? the guy who cant make a layup or shoot consistence within the 3pt arc?

Franklin
06-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Monta performed good through the past two seasons but I never think he's the perfect fit for the Mavs, dude's 3pt shooting is mediocre for a shooting guard. Mavs offense would be much smoother if they had even one badass 3pt shooter on the backcourt tbh. Plus, Monta's departure means that Parsons will get the ball more and play more efficiently, it's a waste of talent to use Parsons only as a spot up shooter imho.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Monta performed good through the past two seasons but I never think he's the perfect fit for the Mavs, dude's 3pt shooting is mediocre for a shooting guard. Mavs offense would be much smoother if they had even one badass 3pt shooter on the backcourt tbh. Plus, Monta's departure means that Parsons will get the ball more and play more efficiently, it's a waste of talent to use Parsons only as a spot up shooter imho.

Parsons is a 3rd option at best. He isn't built to handle the ball much more than he does. He's already breaking down.

Franklin
06-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Parsons is a 3rd option at best. He isn't built to handle the ball much more than he does. He's already breaking down.
I smell sore grape from your line, bro. Parsons gets slightly overpaid, yes, but he's still a quality player and still relatively young. I'm not expecting him to carry the flag after Dirk retires, but at least we got a Keith Van Horn type of player in him and 15m/yr for such a player isn't that bad as you guys think. Keith made almost that amount back then and that was like more than a decade ago. And no one expects him to be more than a 3rd option on the Mavs squad, Monta is gone but we're gonna sign a big name FA this summer who's gonna be our 2nd option for next season.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 07:37 PM
I smell sore grape from your line, bro. Parsons gets slightly overpaid, yes, but he's still a quality player and still relatively young. I'm not expecting him to carry the flag after Dirk retires, but at least we got a Keith Van Horn type of player in him and 15m/yr for such a player isn't that bad as you guys think. Keith made almost that amount back then and that was like more than a decade ago. And no one expects him to be more than a 3rd option on the Mavs squad, Monta is gone but we're gonna sign a big name FA this summer who's gonna be our 2nd option for next season.

No sour grapes. Ariza proved he was a much more valuable pickup. Parsons will be 27 in 4 months, and already has had a major knee surgery, ( mind you, this is a player who already doesn't have any athleticism who relies on pump fakes to get by defenders), and has chronic back spasms. For 15 million, a player should be putting up All Star Stats. Parsons played 600 less minutes than any previous season, and still would up with a major injury.

Franklin
06-24-2015, 08:02 PM
No sour grapes. Ariza proved he was a much more valuable pickup. Parsons will be 27 in 4 months, and already has had a major knee surgery, ( mind you, this is a player who already doesn't have any athleticism who relies on pump fakes to get by defenders), and has chronic back spasms. For 15 million, a player should be putting up All Star Stats. Parsons played 600 less minutes than any previous season, and still would up with a major injury.
Ariza is a better pickup when you already have a ball-dominating SG in the form of James Harden, especially when the SG hardly plays any defense. Parsons needs the ball in his hands to optimize his impact, but Monta also needs the ball, and that's exactly the reason why he somewhat underperformed in Dallas imho. I fathom that Parsons will have a better season in 2015-2016 with better chemistry and the departure of Monta. I never said Parsons is worth 15m/yr, something between 10 and 12m a year sounds like the right price for him, but in today's market you tend to overpay for everything, it's the seller's market tbh. Parsons doesn't rely on athleticism so that injuries and the loss of athleticism wouldn't be as much an issue to him as it would be to Lebron type of players imho.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Ariza is a better pickup when you already have a ball-dominating SG in the form of James Harden, especially when the SG hardly plays any defense. Parsons needs the ball in his hands to optimize his impact, but Monta also needs the ball, and that's exactly the reason why he somewhat underperformed in Dallas imho. I fathom that Parsons will have a better season in 2015-2016 with better chemistry and the departure of Monta. I never said Parsons is worth 15m/yr, something between 10 and 12m a year sounds like the right price for him, but in today's market you tend to overpay for everything, it's the seller's market tbh. Parsons doesn't rely on athleticism so that injuries and the loss of athleticism wouldn't be as much an issue to him as it would be to Lebron type of players imho.

Ariza was brought in for his defense, which he is much better than Parsons at. For the past 3 years, Parsons has been worse on defense than Harden. And go ahead and keep trying to give Parsons the ball. When teams gameplan for him for an entire season, he will be worn out if he can make it that long.

m>s
06-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Ariza was brought in for his defense, which he is much better than Parsons at. For the past 3 years, Parsons has been worse on defense than Harden. And go ahead and keep trying to give Parsons the ball. When teams gameplan for him for an entire season, he will be worn out if he can make it that long.
All true he's super predictable

Seventyniner
06-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Ellis plays the same role Iverson did. Needs an Eric Snow-type next to him: low-usage shooter and can defend both backcourt spots.

Biernutz
06-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Cuban and his GM lacky Donnie Nelson tearing up the team again to chase free agents.

I feel sorry for Dirk.......

spurraider21
06-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Cuban about to overpay Danny Green :lol
he's a jerk tbh :lol... overpaid parsons just to fuck with rockets, now gna do the same with green.

but at the end since he's overpaying them, jokes on him

SPM
06-24-2015, 11:19 PM

Shut up faggot

Jacob1983
06-25-2015, 03:35 AM
He was good for the Mavs but Mark Cuban has lost it. Crazy knowing Monta is just 29. Got a lot of NBA miles. Aren't him and Howard the last brothas out of high school in the NBA?

Franklin
06-25-2015, 03:39 AM
Ariza is cheap man's Iggy and he's exactly what the Lockets need when they already have two superstars in Harden and Howard, so I agree that the Lockets made the right move letting Parsons walk while picking up Ariza from free agency. But let's not pretend as if Parsons was trash or anything. He's overpaid, sure, but he's still probably worth more than 10m/yr in today's market. And the Mavs indeed looked improved on the offensive end in the earlier half of last season, which was due mainly to the presence of Parsons even though his personal performance wasn't that impressive, until we got son of a bitch Rondo who screwed things up.

Injury happens to all players and the same can be said about Dwight Howard, the 29-yr old dad of more than a dozen babies as well. At least Parsons doesn't rely so much on athleticism and it's not like he's gonna miss an entire season like some former Locket (you know whom I'm referring to). Parsons won't be our engine in offense, before or after Dirk retires, we'll get a big name FA this summer who's gonna do a better job orchestrating our offense than Monta did. But, without a dominant player like Lebron we have to move the ball smoothly on the offensive end as the Spurs do, and Parsons, although not a center piece by any means, must be involved imho.