PDA

View Full Version : Parker at $14.5 million is OK but $12 million for Green is expensive

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 01:38 PM
I can't figure out the math or statistics that make it make sense.

spurraider21
06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
one bad contract doesn't justify another

12 mil is the absolute ceiling for Green though, and even that is pretty questionable

also, i dont think anybody here still thinks parkers deal is ok

ducks
06-24-2015, 01:41 PM
tp can drible green can not
tp was an allstar
green was not
tp was a finals mvp
green was not
green for 10-12 is ok anything more he is more of a liability then tp
tp was not healthy for over 3 months last year during the season

Nathan89
06-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Green is worth the max if you use tony's skill/contract as measurement.

Seventyniner
06-24-2015, 01:43 PM

One's a free agent, one isn't.

K...
06-24-2015, 01:48 PM
All players should play for the minimum, except kawhi.

TheGoldStandard
06-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Nostalgia is the reason for the contract, Spurs loyalty and all that good stuff.

K...
06-24-2015, 01:52 PM
But seriously, I think green is worth it. Tony is getting a legacy contract. Green is close to getting that respect but he's in his prime so he can probably get $$$ and come back to the spurs as a tosb.

If Dallas wants to pay $14 and the spurs don't then that's fine. It's business

Dex
06-24-2015, 01:53 PM
tp was an allstar
green was not
tp was a finals mvp
green was not

It's a sad state of affairs when ducks is one of the few people making sense around here.

Keep it up, my web-footed friend. :toast

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 01:53 PM

I bet Curly Neal would play for a lot less than $14 million.

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 01:55 PM
one bad contract doesn't justify another

12 mil is the absolute ceiling for Green though, and even that is pretty questionable

also, i dont think anybody here still thinks parkers deal is ok

I agree. Just thinking that it would be nice to have Parker at a reasonable contract with more money left to give Green or someone else.

spurraider21
06-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I agree. Just thinking that it would be nice to have Parker at a reasonable contract with more money left to give Green or someone else.
we all think parker should be getting paid less (or not at all). but there's not much that can be done about it

TheGoldStandard
06-24-2015, 01:57 PM
tp was an allstar
green was not
tp was a finals mvp
green was not

TP is past his prime and won't be getting any younger. His contract was a bad decision by the FO. Although Danny can go cold from outside his defense is a much needed asset that aside from Kawhi won't be filled by anyone on the roster currently.

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 02:00 PM
tp was an allstar
green was not
tp was a finals mvp
green was not

If Green plays good enough to justify $12 million, then he's worth $15 million. I don't see any scenario where TP plays good enough to justify his $14 million and not even $10 million. I do hope the injury was the biggest contributor to his drop off. But we'll see. Regardless, paying an aging point guard who lives off his speed and quickness that kind of money at that point in his career was nonsense.

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 02:07 PM
we all think parker should be getting paid less (or not at all). but there's not much that can be done about it

I know. But it's like a scab that needs to constantly be picked at.

spurraider21
06-24-2015, 02:11 PM
I know. But it's like a scab that needs to constantly be picked at.
or not. does no good to keep picking at it. picking scabs can be annoying because you might pick too deep and start bleeding. similarly, constantly whining about parker when we all know he sucks just gets repetitive

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 02:15 PM
or not. does no good to keep picking at it. picking scabs can be annoying because you might pick too deep and start bleeding. similarly, constantly whining about parker when we all know he sucks just gets repetitive

I'm not whining. I was just thinking about it and realized that Parker isn't what he once was and probably not worth what he's slated to get paid. Sucks is a little harsh.

Kool Bob Love
06-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Parker: 4
Green: 1

LongtimeSpursFan
06-24-2015, 03:04 PM
tp was an allstar
green was not
tp was a finals mvp
green was not

Parker is the best PG this franchise has ever had.
Green is not even in the top 5 of SG for this franchise.
Parker is a top 80 all time NBA player.
Green is not in the top 1000 of all time NBA players.

Don't get me wrong, I love DG but if he is lost in free agency the Spurs can still win an NBA title and there is no sense in overpaying a player with limited offensive ability unless he's a big.

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Parker is the best PG this franchise has ever had.
Green is not even in the top 5 of SG for this franchise.
Parker is a top 80 all time NBA player.
Green is not in the top 1000 of all time NBA players.

Don't get me wrong, I love DG but if he is lost in free agency the Spurs can still win an NBA title and there is no sense in overpaying a player with limited offensive ability unless he's a big.

Tony Parker is the definition of limited offensive ability

HI-FI
06-24-2015, 03:34 PM
You're doing it wrong, think from Pops POV--Parker is like a son and has a more cultured accent.

K...
06-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Tony Parker is the definition of limited offensive ability

By esteemed brother, I must tell you, hindsight is a bitch.

Parker is not "offensively limited" he's fine. He's better than cojo, worse than mills. Too bad mills isn't a pg. Now if you called Parker a defensive wound I'd agree.The injury really sapped an already spotty defensive ability.

cantthinkofanything
06-24-2015, 03:43 PM
By esteemed brother, I must tell you, hindsight is a bitch.

Parker is not "offensively limited" he's fine. He's better than cojo, worse than mills. Too bad mills isn't a pg. Now if you called Parker a defensive wound I'd agree.The injury really sapped an already spotty defensive ability.

We'll see this season I guess. But as a PG, he's a subpar shooter and passer. He can't penetrate like he did in the past. If his quickness doesn't improve this year and he's not a threat to drive, then he's an easy cover.

Chomag
06-24-2015, 05:07 PM
Not knocking Green as some of the things he can do he does do very well but he is not a max player. Perhaps if he had worked harder at improving on his big limitations instead of out partying with Lebron and such he could possibly be capable of being one. He is a very good system player but do you guys think he would be a all-star caliber player on some other teams?

apalisoc_9
06-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Nostalgia is the reason for the contract, Spurs loyalty and all that good stuff.