PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Kevin Love opts out

Thebesteva
06-24-2015, 02:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13142511/kevin-love-opts-contract-cleveland-cavaliers-sources

Was this supposed to happen? Hope he doesn't come to LA...the one time I wouldnt be happy to see Love in my life :lol

djohn2oo8
06-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Lakers have him if they really want him.

Dex
06-24-2015, 02:36 PM
I figured he'd be gone. It's hard to say that trio really worked, surprised the Cavs would want him back for five more years.

DMC
06-24-2015, 02:38 PM
With James getting to game 6 of the Finals without him after the 1st round, I can't see how anyone can justify paying him a fucking thing. Hell, I'd charge him for the courtside seats he had throughout the playoffs and Finals.

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 02:41 PM
He gone

The Gemini Method
06-24-2015, 02:48 PM
100 mil is a ton of skrilla to be sitting on the bench for next year's finals...hmmmm

Thread
06-24-2015, 02:55 PM
With James getting to game 6 of the Finals without him after the 1st round

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 03:02 PM
He was never going to opt in. If any of you understood the cap you would understand why. His previous contract extension only allows for 7.5% raises. He just hit his 7th year in the league. That means he is eligible for the 30% max when previously he was only allowed 25%. 30% of a bigger cap is a lot bigger than 25% of a smaller cap + raises when he signed his extension.

His salary if he opts in is 16.7M if he opts out and resigns next year it will be 18.9M.

He is still a max player and can command whatever type of salary he wants. Also he is coming off a serious shoulder injury and would want some security in terms of extra year(s) while he is still in position to command whatever the heck he wants.

Opting in gives him less security and less money in the immediate short run. Of course he was opting out. This isn't news.

Likely scenario is him and Bron both resign on 1+1 contracts waiting to capitalize on 2016 cap jump. No matter how good or bad he plays he gets to use Bron as a scapegoat (I personally think he will play very well) and would still likely demand max based off of his 2013-14 season.

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 03:06 PM
With James getting to game 6 of the Finals without him after the 1st round, I can't see how anyone can justify paying him a fucking thing. Hell, I'd charge him for the courtside seats he had throughout the playoffs and Finals.

LOL

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 03:09 PM
He was never going to opt in. If any of you understood the cap you would understand why. His previous contract extension only allows for 7.5% raises. He just hit his 7th year in the league. That means he is eligible for the 30% max when previously he was only allowed 25%. 30% of a bigger cap is a lot bigger than 25% of a smaller cap + raises when he signed his extension.

His salary if he opts in is 16.7M if he opts out and resigns next year it will be 18.9M.

He is still a max player and can command whatever type of salary he wants. Also he is coming off a serious shoulder injury and would want some security in terms of extra year(s) while he is still in position to command whatever the heck he wants.

Opting in gives him less security and less money in the immediate short run. Of course he was opting out. This isn't news.

Likely scenario is him and Bron both resign on 1+1 contracts waiting to capitalize on 2016 cap jump. No matter how good or bad he plays he gets to use Bron as a scapegoat (I personally think he will play very well) and would still likely demand max based off of his 2013-14 season.

If he re-signs in Cleveland or goes to Boston or LA he still wont win anything of importance in 2015-2016 season ...

I wouldnt hate him in LA. but again not at THAT price. Fuck that. Yes we can afford it. yes we need talent but I aint paying dat bitch 100 million, hell naw! IF Im Lebron I would rather have Aldridge at that price.

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 03:14 PM
If he re-signs in Cleveland or goes to Boston or LA he still wont win anything of importance in 2015-2016 season ...

I wouldnt hate him in LA. but again not at THAT price. Fuck that. Yes we can afford it. yes we need talent but I aint paying dat bitch 100 million, hell naw! IF Im Lebron I would rather have Aldridge at that price.

He's going back to Cleveland. I just don't see him going to Boston or LA. Plus, he'll get killed by the media for leaving a contender for two lottery teams. I wouldn't mind Love, but not as a first option which he will be if Kobe in 2016.

But you never know, tomorrow could change everything for us. If #2 is traded for "win now" players, Love may be a little bit more desirable.

Thread
06-24-2015, 03:14 PM

Then you'll need somebody else to hold both their hands.

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 03:17 PM
He's going back to Cleveland. I just don't see him going to Boston or LA. Plus, he'll get killed by the media for leaving a contender for two lottery teams. I wouldn't mind Love, but not as a first option which he will be if Kobe retires next season.

But you never know, tomorrow could change everything for us. If #2 is traded for "win now" players, Love may be a little bit more desirable.

I know vegas has Cavs as the faves but Irving has a major injury, LOve shoulder surgery no real cap space and they need to re-sign Thompson and Shumpert ...I think they pay to justify the Wiggins trade but it would dumb for them just as it would be for us. I get Boston and that would probably be the best move for him outside of staying in Cleveland I am saying Cavs should low ball him at least something more like MIA will offer Dragic. Love is not worth a $100 million ..and I love my Bruins ...even Matt Barnes.

Killakobe81
06-24-2015, 03:20 PM

You may be right but I would not be surprised if say Pierce signs on the cheap to hit clutch jumpers for Bron ...Pierce would make the shots Smith and Shumpert missed.

As a matter of fact sign and trade with Blazers if LMA is leaving anyway ... Love is from the Oregon area (HS) and Cavs get LMA ... that way they can slide them in to each other's spot ...not sure though with neew CBA how that would work, DPG you know the cap could Cavs get that done?

RsxPiimp
06-24-2015, 03:22 PM
I know vegas has Cavs as the faves but Irving has a major injury, LOve shoulder surgery no real cap space and they need to re-sign Thompson and Shumpert ...I think they pay to justify the Wiggins trade but it would dumb for them just as it would be for us. I get Boston and that would probably be the best move for him outside of staying in Cleveland I am saying Cavs should low ball him at least something more like MIA will offer Dragic. Love is not worth a $100 million ..and I love my Bruins ...even Matt Barnes.

Yep. They can't let Love go because of dat Wiggins trade :lol

Chris
06-24-2015, 03:27 PM

Wade is ready to jump ship I'm told

Splits
06-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Would be sweet sauce if LA maxed out this wigger.

DMC
06-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.
and front offices.

DMC
06-24-2015, 05:55 PM
You may be right but I would not be surprised if say Pierce signs on the cheap to hit clutch jumpers for Bron ...Pierce would make the shots Smith and Shumpert missed.

As a matter of fact sign and trade with Blazers if LMA is leaving anyway ... Love is from the Oregon area (HS) and Cavs get LMA ... that way they can slide them in to each other's spot ...not sure though with neew CBA how that would work, DPG you know the cap could Cavs get that done?

Welcome to the new NBA, same as the old NBA. Players with any game left are going to 4 or 5 different teams. The other 26 are left to find "diamonds in the rough".

Raven
06-24-2015, 06:11 PM
i really wouldn't want to be the GM that gives Love the max

Franklin
06-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Dude wants to get paid more from the Cavs and that's all. There's no legit reason for him to leave Lebron behind and sign with a scrub team that's pretty much like the Wolves, and no way would Cavs let him walk either considering the price they paid (which included a promising superstar Wiggins). It is a financial move rather than a strategical one imho.

DMC
06-24-2015, 06:21 PM
I'd offer him 15 per, nothing else. Even that would be a stretch. If he didn't like it, fuck him. The league is full of Kevin Loves waiting to play along side Jor El Bron.

DJR210
06-24-2015, 06:27 PM
:lmao

Fucked themselves out of Wiggins for a stat padding POS. Instead of having a guy ready to potentially lessen the post Lebron era blow, they gifted the guy to Minnesota. Minnesota is going to be pretty good in a year or so.

DMC
06-24-2015, 06:31 PM
:lmao

Fucked themselves out of Wiggins for a stat padding POS. Instead of having a guy ready to potentially lessen the post Lebron era blow, they gifted the guy to Minnesota. Minnesota is going to be pretty good in a year or so.

lol no

angrydude
06-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Love doesn't want the pressure of winning. He's all about putting up big numbers on bad teams. Going to LA.

DJR210
06-24-2015, 06:35 PM
lol no

They've got some nice pieces to build around, it's possible. Seattle was in a very similar situation, and a couple draft picks later they're in the Finals. Of course Minnesota's FO is not OKC's, but you never know when they might decide to get their heads out of their asses.

whitemamba
06-24-2015, 06:45 PM
:lol Dan Gilbert

DMC
06-24-2015, 06:46 PM
They've got some nice pieces to build around, it's possible. Seattle was in a very similar situation, and a couple draft picks later they're in the Finals. Of course Minnesota's FO is not OKC's, but you never know when they might decide to get their heads out of their asses.

lol

whitemamba
06-24-2015, 06:49 PM
lol

U thinking about shoving ur hand in his asshole
to u faggot ?

Seventyniner
06-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Wade is ready to jump ship I'm told

Excellent. The Spurs' dismantling of the Heat mini-dynasty continues...

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2015, 10:44 PM
its a perimeter orientated league now

guys like love or scoring bigs arent valuable if teh game is dictated on the perimeter

all you need is a big defensive stopper down low to contain a scoring big since their area of scoring is always close to the rim and any good team defense can shut that down, then shutting down a dominant wing player...

LnGrrrR
06-25-2015, 01:10 AM
I would love to see him on the C's... but at the max? Ehh....

Killakobe81
06-25-2015, 01:17 AM
I would love to see him on the C's... but at the max? Ehh....

you can have him at that price ... Like him don't "love him" ...ha!