PDA

View Full Version : Detroit EMT refuses to respond to infant in cardiac arrest

DeadlyDynasty
06-24-2015, 02:50 PM
DETROIT — A Detroit Fire Department EMT, less than a mile away from the home of an infant in cardiac arrest, refused to respond according to two internal investigations. The child was revived, but died later.The 8-month-old infant was 0.9 miles away from the quick response SUV of EMT Ann Marie Thomas, but Thomas took six minutes to reach the incident and then parked her unit on a street corner away from the incident. Thomas told dispatchers unit "33 is in position on Pembroke around the corner from the scene," reported WDIV (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/emt-refuses-to-rescue-baby-dies/33741914).
In the investigation report, Thomas told her boss, "I'm not about to be on no scene 10 minutes doing CPR, you know how these families get."
A supervisor, in the dispatch audio, is heard ordering Thomas, who was just a few streets away after a previous call, to get to the house. "Thirty-three, I’m going to need you to make that scene," said the Detroit Fire EMS supervisor. "You’re going to have to make patient contact."
Dispatch continued to update Thomas, the lead paramedic on Romeo 33. "Uh, Romeo 33? Updated information that the child is not breathing. The baby was hooked up to an oxygen machine because it was premature. Romeo 33?

An ambulance, Medic 51, was also dispatched and given additional information. "Romeo 33, Medic 51, be advised CPR is being performed on your scene. Romeo 33, Medic 51. CPR is being performed by the baby's mother."

The ambulance transported the infant to the hospital where she was revived and then died the next morning.

"EMT Thomas was immediately removed from duty following this incident," said Edsel Jenkins, Detroit Fire Commissioner. "She has since filed an appeal. As executive fire commissioner, I have the ability to make the ultimate determination."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goew4kgH7dY

Avante
06-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Maybe if black men raised their children instead of bailing out on them and cooled the stupid music and the gang bullshit they'd get treated a little differently. Blacks ask for what they get.

Look at our very own Kool, is that a mess or what? Fucker would fall over dead if he ever did get fucked.

DJR210
06-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Maybe if black men raised their children instead of bailing out on them and cooled the stupid music and the gang bullshit they'd get treated a little differently. Blacks ask for what they get.

Look at our very own Kool, is that a mess or what? Fucker would fall over dead if he ever did get fucked.

What the fuck? You're not gonna post some 40 times???

Avante
06-24-2015, 07:34 PM

More into 100m times now that football is over.

Pauly D
06-24-2015, 08:04 PM

But those track times and verticals tho

Pauly D
06-24-2015, 08:04 PM

You motherfucker

Avante
06-24-2015, 08:35 PM
But those track times and verticals tho

Those with roots to western Africa simply possess unique physical characteristics that give them an advantage when it comes to speed, quickness and elusiveness. Then there's that rhythm.

DJR210
06-24-2015, 10:52 PM
You motherfucker

:lol

mrsmaalox
06-25-2015, 12:01 AM

I don't think that baby bailed on children, or listened to music or was in a gang, so why did it get treated so badly? The baby asked for it? :dizzy

Avante
06-25-2015, 12:20 AM
I don't think that baby bailed on children, or listened to music or was in a gang, so why did it get treated so badly? The baby asked for it? :dizzy

Why not pay attention to what this thread was actually about.

"I'm not about to be on no scene 10 minutes doing CPR, you know how these families get."

Biernutz
06-25-2015, 12:40 AM
It could be that the EMT was afraid to make the call without a police back up. First responders have been
attacked by the same group of people they were sent to help. With camera phones now everywhere they
go the cops and the EMT are fools if they don't start CYA on all calls now. Look what is happening in Baltimore
now. Firemen don't respond unless they have a police backup........

Avante
06-25-2015, 12:42 AM
In his book SATCHMO, Louis Armstrong the great jazz man talks about growing up in the Storyville region of New Orleans in the early 1900's. That was the black side of things. He talked about how every night there were gun shots and screams. People getting stabbed, beat up, shot, killed. The cops took the..."let them jiggaboos wipe each other out"...they stayed out of there. Who cared what a bunch of animals did?

Now look at Nigeria, and those black countries, look at Haiti and Jamaica.

I have a book about Africa, you think the Middle East is fucked up and violent, well it ain't got nothing on Africa. The brutality is amazing. But as normal as can be, just another day.

Today we see what happens when something is black, just look at the black musc biz, what a mess.

Blacks think everything evolves around getting a nut, having a good time, and that is cool until ya starting putting on some age, now what? You got no family, that young pussy don't want ya, ya have a shit job and still haven't read a book. Not good!

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2015, 01:16 AM
It could be that the EMT was afraid to make the call without a police back up. First responders have been
attacked by the same group of people they were sent to help. With camera phones now everywhere they
go the cops and the EMT are fools if they don't start CYA on all calls now. Look what is happening in Baltimore

wasting more public resources to a community of wankers who never contributed tax or to society....

then again law enforcement need monkeys like these to keep themselves in t he job

mrsmaalox
06-25-2015, 02:23 AM
Why not pay attention to what this thread was actually about.

"I'm not about to be on no scene 10 minutes doing CPR, you know how these families get."

I know exactly what this thread is about, do you?
Where did you read that the baby was black?

Strange Love
06-25-2015, 02:27 AM
Removed from duty eh? This bitch needs to die by firing squad immediately.

Avante
06-25-2015, 02:30 AM
Where did you read that the baby was black?

You don't think the guy knew that part of Detroit? If I hear of a stabbing in nearby Terra Bella, I don't need to be told it was between Mexicans.

mrsmaalox
06-25-2015, 02:36 AM
You don't think the guy knew that part of Detroit? If I hear of a stabbing in nearby Terra Bella, I don't need to be told it was between Mexicans.

Oh so you don't know anything for sure, you just assumed. Okay.

Avante
06-25-2015, 02:39 AM

Sorta like religion, evolution, not all that unusual.

CitizenDwayne
06-25-2015, 02:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goew4kgH7dY

Lovin' the Phantom avatar, bro. You are a man of exquisite taste :bobo

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2015, 04:28 PM

Eyup.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-san-diego-firefighters-stabbed-bystander-aid-scene-181230659.html

Two hospitalized San Diego firefighters were in stable condition and one was expected to go home Thursday, a day after a bystander stabbed them multiple times as they were helping a man with a medical problem on a packed trolley platform.

Ignignokt
06-25-2015, 05:57 PM

lol so dishonest, you thought the same thing too.

DeadlyDynasty
06-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Lovin' the Phantom avatar, bro. You are a man of exquisite taste :bobo
:bobo

KKK
06-25-2015, 07:34 PM

Like your style. Plus you like underage asian whores. :tu

Strange Love
06-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Plus you like underage asian whores. :tu

LOL another pedo emerges.