PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Allows Nationwide Health Care Subsidies

DMX7
06-25-2015, 11:12 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/us/obamacare-supreme-court.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

He did it again. :hat

baseline bum
06-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Scalia is so fucking butthurt :lmao

SupremeGuy
06-25-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/us/obamacare-supreme-court.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

He did it again. :hatMore like the Supreme Court ruled against the wishes of the American public, tbh.

DMX7
06-25-2015, 01:37 PM
More like the Supreme Court ruled against the wishes of the American public, tbh.

The "wishes of the American public"... lol, bullshit.

ElNono
06-25-2015, 01:53 PM
lol GOP swing and miss

ElNono
06-25-2015, 01:54 PM
it's all right, they'll get to repeal once they finally land a president in the WH

SupremeGuy
06-25-2015, 02:06 PM
The "wishes of the American public"... lol, bullshit.Umm check out nearly any poll on obamacare...

boutons_deux
06-25-2015, 02:22 PM
More like the Supreme Court ruled against the wishes of the American public, tbh.

... the vast majority of whom, Dem and Repugs, repeatedly poll as wanting STRONGER GUN CONTROL

FuzzyLumpkins
06-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Umm check out nearly any poll on obamacare...

The ruling was on the subsidies. Look up those polls and try again.

A new poll conducted by Hart Research Associates, on behalf of the Service Employees International Union, finds that voters strongly oppose the idea of Affordable Care Act subsidies being denied to states that didn't set up their own exchanges. Eight hundred respondents were contacted in the middle of February. By a 43-36 margin, voters told the pollsters that they had an "unfavorable" view of the law. By a 10-point margin, they preferred repealing the ACA to keeping it as is; a large majority supported at least tweaking it.

Yet by a 63-29 margin, they said they'd disapprove of a plaintiff victory in King v. Burwell if it meant people who bought health care from the federal exchange would lose their subsidies. By a 59-21 margin, they disapproved of Republicans in Congress who'd ruled out a legislative fix to restore the subsidies.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-02/labor-poll-majorities-of-voters-want-scotus-to-save-aca-subsidies

SupremeGuy
06-25-2015, 02:42 PM
The ruling was on the subsidies. Look up those polls and try again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-02/labor-poll-majorities-of-voters-want-scotus-to-save-aca-subsidiesOn subsidies, you're right. I guess I was just speaking about obamacare in general.

DMX7
06-25-2015, 02:57 PM
On subsidies, you're right. I guess I was just speaking about obamacare in general.

That's the problem. And many critics of it don't even seem to know what "obamacare" really is. Call it the "The Affordable Care Act" and you probably get a different polling result... that's how uninformed the public is.

sx2scvIFGjE

boutons_deux
06-25-2015, 03:04 PM
And obamacare is more than just the subsidies, and required coverage (killed junk policies).

Capt Bringdown
06-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Shocker: Roberts Court upholds Heritage Foundation plan to rescue health insurance industry. Since "citizens," check that, consumers can how be legally mandated to enter lemon markets for necessities, this removes a key roadblock to a “Retirement Marketplace” where Social Security is a “public option.” Thanks, Obots!

Blizzardwizard
06-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Umm check out nearly any poll on obamacare...

GOP Slurper: We may be self-destructing, gonna be out of office for the next century but....who's leading in the polls now huh???

ChumpDumper
06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Shocker: Roberts Court upholds Heritage Foundation plan to rescue health insurance industry. Since "citizens," check that, consumers can how be legally mandated to enter lemon markets for necessities, this removes a key roadblock to a “Retirement Marketplace” where Social Security is a “public option.” Thanks, Obots!Show the section of the decision that says this.

pgardn
06-25-2015, 10:34 PM

Thats sort of why public opinion does not rule the day.
If it did, we would change our policies every 2 seconds in a whimsical manner.

Imagine the Spurs run by this board. Nonfunctional...

baseline bum
06-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Thats sort of why public opinion does not rule the day.
If it did, we would change our policies every 2 seconds in a whimsical manner.

Imagine the Spurs run by this board. Nonfunctional...

:lol

z0sa
06-26-2015, 01:01 AM
Good decision. Not sure about if it was great legal standing or anything, but I ain't giving up my $350 policy I'm only paying 55 bucks for, not now bitch.

boutons_deux
06-26-2015, 06:37 AM
Repugs intensity their bullshit about killing ACA, but admit it will require a Repug president.

Non-stop lying from the Repugs about how ACA is 100% "rolling disaster", etc, etc. Preaching to their stupid, ignorant, ideological old white male base.

boutons_deux
06-29-2015, 10:54 AM
http://www.truthdig.com/images/made/images/cartoonuploads/sw0629cd_590_356.jpg