PDA

View Full Version : Trans Pacific Parternership

InRareForm
06-25-2015, 09:47 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/06/tpp-isds-constitution/396389/

boutons_deux
06-26-2015, 05:27 AM
If TPP were applied in Lincoln's time, the USA would have been sued for $Ms by English cotton buyers for reducing their profits by ending slavery.

The Big Obama et al Lie is that TPP is a trade deal. That's smokescreen.

It's written by BigCorp, BigFinance, capitalists to promote their power above that of sovereign states.

When was the last time BigCorp, BigFinance, capitalists did ANYTHING that helped USA or the 99%?

boutons_deux
06-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Since the Repugs are pushing hard for TPP, you know TPP is bad for America and Americans.

InRareForm
06-26-2015, 12:42 PM
The timing on when this got passed ... I didn't see any news on it.

boutons_deux
06-26-2015, 01:09 PM
The timing on when this got passed ... I didn't see any news on it.

the fast track authority is passed, now the negotiations, then it comes to Congress for up/down vote (no amendments).

Clipper Nation
06-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Since the Repugs are pushing hard for TPP, you know TPP is bad for America and Americans.
And yet Obummer is just as desperate for it to be passed.

boutons_deux
06-26-2015, 01:18 PM
And yet Obummer is just as desperate for it to be passed.

yep, he's fucking up there, chasing his legacy. TPP/TTIP have to get voted down, and then heavily amended. They are corporate/capitalist giveaways and job/industrial killers.

That Repugs align with, rather than obstruct, Obama on TPP proves that REPUGS will do anything to promote BigCorp.

Winehole23
06-26-2015, 05:24 PM
looks like Pelosi and Dems will fall in line. at the end of the day, it's one big happy oligarchy, Dems and Republicans uniting to screw us all.

MultiTroll
06-27-2015, 10:36 AM
looks like Pelosi and Dems will fall in line. at the end of the day, it's one big happy oligarchy, Dems and Republicans uniting to screw us all.
I remember Ralphie Nadar saying there is not a dimes bit of difference between the two.
Both owned by the corps.

Of course that was 20 years ago before Bushit I and II.

ElNono
06-27-2015, 01:05 PM

Campaigns ain't paying for themselves.

boutons_deux
06-27-2015, 01:13 PM
"Both owned by the corps."

whatever.

It was the REPUG SCOTUS5 that accepted a REPUG Citizens Unite suit, corrupting politics at all level even more, which is why the SCOTUS5 was appointed.

Roberts: "Just calling balls and strikes" NOT activist! :lol

I laughed at the risble, ridiculous, senile, emotionally unstable Scalia saying Obamacare should be called SCOTUSCARE.

O The Irony. Scalia ELECTED dubya as the SCOTUSPOTUS.

Looks at what the Dems/Obama have done or tried to do these past 7 years, versus what the Repugs have done or tried to do. There is a HUGE difference. Anybody saying the two parties are the same are

1 fucking stupid

2. trying to excuse the Repugs' destructive crap by saying the Dems are just as bad.