PDA

View Full Version : Another Disappointing Draft for Spurs

tholdren
06-25-2015, 10:53 PM
what a bunch of horse shit.

Quick someone tell me lottery stories about this draft like you all did about Kyle Anderson

Mr. Body
06-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Thanks for starting yet another thread about it.

ducks
06-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Could be like sixes and only draft big men with their 29 picks this draft

ChumpDumper
06-25-2015, 10:57 PM
I would respect the ST brain trust's scouting had they ever heard of the Spurs' pick before tonight.

tholdren
06-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Could be like sixes and only draft big men with their 29 picks this draft

Spurs would be lucky to have any of the three bigs of the 76ers.

Spur|n|Austin
06-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Please enlighten us and let's hear your draft strategy, OP.

Sean Cagney
06-26-2015, 01:20 AM

Sixers would be lucky to be anywhere near the Spurs as far as success goes...

bbarry
06-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Tell us who you would have drafted, OP.

tholdren
06-26-2015, 08:47 AM
I would have traded splitter for Lebron James and the first pick. He is so good I am sure he could be the number one for two NBA teams at the same time. He's an elite defender who single-handedly beat a Dejuan Blair led Mavs team to get to the next round of the NBA playoffs you know.

Bartleby
06-26-2015, 08:56 AM

tholdren
06-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Really, I was just anticipating some type of huge move, like every year. The draft, although disappointing from a big move standpoint, won't be able to be labeled a success, or failure, until we see what is going on in Free Agency.

goods - stashing = giving SA some flexibility with the cap, and possibly lining up a big in the future.
bads - most likely wasted and won't see this player on the court, and no promise that cap flexibility will do anything for SA if players are out for money

2nd round goods - length and rebounding are things we need in the post
bads - looks about as bad as Splitter on the offensive end

If SA doesn't hit a home run in Free Agency, then I think I would have rather had Christmas, or Connaughton with our First Rounder. I really wanted Delon Wright, and maybe SA got jumped unexpectedly.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2015, 09:01 AM
My biggest problem is that there were needs that could have been addressed without it costing an arm and a leg. Remember a few months ago when a lot of people were asking for a backup wing to spell Leonard who was a defensive stopper because Beli kept getting burnt? You know the same guy who's probably leaving this summer if we are going after a FA?

stxspurs
06-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Same shit different draft. Idk why ppl are pissed about it lol

tholdren
06-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Same shit different draft. Idk why ppl are pissed about it lol
Not pissed at draft as much as I am annoyed with wasting life watching and responding to it, because I know the above.

ducks
06-26-2015, 10:28 AM
thinking needs can be addressed in drafts where picks are so late every year
spurs could have tried to go up to get a need guy
they seem to like the second round pick

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2015, 10:32 AM

There were wing prospects that were promising

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Spurs will be fine.

ceperez
06-26-2015, 11:21 AM

The chances of Spurs picking up a guy to fill a need while drafting so high is almost zero.

Also, even if they picked up a rookie, the rookie is rarely ever able to contribute to the Spurs given how complex the offense runs.

Finally, nobody wants to trade their pick to the Spurs and end up like a fool (i.e Pacers).

Raven
06-26-2015, 11:27 AM
i thought it was a great draft and i also loved that the lakers made the wrong pick

kobyz
06-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Spurs could have drafted athletic freak like Harrell but instead they go for a poor man Bill Wennington...

tholdren
06-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Trade Parker to LA for Dangelo

spurraider21
06-26-2015, 01:50 PM
:lol after we lost the '13 finals, we drafted LJC (overseas), re-signed Splitter and Ginobili to contracts that you guys whined about, replaced Neal with Marco, and called it an offseason.

it resulted in a chip

tholdren
06-26-2015, 01:51 PM
:lol after we lost the '13 finals, we drafted LJC (overseas), re-signed Splitter and Ginobili to contracts that you guys whined about, replaced Neal with Marco, and called it an offseason.

it resulted in a chip

I think only manu was productive out of that list.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-26-2015, 02:43 PM
It's quite possible that two of our SGs may be not return this year. I would have like to see the Spurs draft someone that can fill that vacancy instead of another big that they'll never bring over.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2015, 10:53 PM
It's quite possible that two of our SGs may be not return this year. I would have like to see the Spurs draft someone that can fill that vacancy instead of another big that they'll never bring over.

But the front office is genius... Lol ride Duncan till he's 50 and keep living off his success

james evans
06-27-2015, 08:00 AM
there are hundreds of players turning pro every year. the spurs had the 26th pick. There is no excuse for them to continue to pick these slow ass garbage players just because they are tall. And how do the players we pick(like shitter) continue to not get any better? wtf is practice for?

DrSteffo
06-27-2015, 08:19 AM
OP is a wanker.

Agloco
06-27-2015, 10:03 AM

And you'd have a legitimate gripe if they were drafting where the Sixers were and didn't have one. 26th pick tbh.

therealtruth
06-28-2015, 05:59 PM

It's like the Spurs don't understand player development. When was the last time they drafted a guy and developed him into a rotation player? Without internal improvement and not getting guys the Spurs are going to get worse as other teams get better. Also how do your starters stay sharp or improve if your bench players aren't improving and challenging them?

ducks
06-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Leonard was drafted and developed

T Park
06-28-2015, 06:22 PM
It's like the Spurs don't understand player development. When was the last time they drafted a guy and developed him into a rotation player? Without internal improvement and not getting guys the Spurs are going to get worse as other teams get better. Also how do your starters stay sharp or improve if your bench players aren't improving and challenging them?

Just log off

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2015, 04:07 PM
I think only manu was productive out of that list.

Splitter was huge for us in '14. Marco helped Manu keep his legs for the playoff run by spelling him throughout the regular season.