:lmao

GN guys.

Mugen
06-25-2015, 11:10 PM
BETTER THINK TWICE ABOUT COMING DOWN THE LALANNE

tholdren
06-25-2015, 11:11 PM
jesus - I don't know how he fell from 1 to 55.

Mnky

:lol

ElNono
Reminds me of a younger, inexperienced Hakeem, tbh...

look_at_g_shred
Already better than bonner and ayres tbh

ElNono

look_at_g_shred
jesus - I don't know how he fell from 1 to 55.
:lmao :lmao

TE
06-25-2015, 11:12 PM

SilverSpur
Bonners replacement

ElNono
All NBA Swag: locked

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIZgH7WUcAADG8U.jpg:large

Kurik

Perfect

dabom
06-25-2015, 11:13 PM
All NBA Swag: locked

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIZgH7WUcAADG8U.jpg:large

He already got that lazy eye t-mac shit too. :lmao

manufan10
06-25-2015, 11:18 PM

Robz4000
06-25-2015, 11:28 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao NBA :lmao:lmao:lmao

AFBlue
06-25-2015, 11:47 PM
Good thing he's only 23. Plenty of time to learn how to play the game of basketball.

TheGoldStandard
Good thing he's only 23. Plenty of time to learn how to play the game of basketball.

I see what you did there

AFBlue
At least it's easier to pronounce than Milutinov.

apalisoc_9
06-25-2015, 11:51 PM
inb4 he ends up playing 10mpg and contribute positively to the team, unlike a certain player who gets paid 14mil a year.

Mikeanaro
06-25-2015, 11:51 PM
I like Cadyshack.

freetiago
06-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Personally I like the move. The Spurs need a little more African in them. Too many Euro cucks on the team. Spurs were able to turn one monkeyballer into a Finals MVP so lets see what they do with this guy

outmap
06-26-2015, 01:05 AM
A person walks down a court with a girly name like Cady Lalanne, players know he's not afraid of anything.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Personally I like the move. The Spurs need a little more African in them. Too many Euro cucks on the team. Spurs were able to turn one monkeyballer into a Finals MVP so lets see what they do with this guy

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-26-2015, 02:01 AM
We'll see what he's got in the Summer League. Can't say the same for Milunitov Cocktail.

benefactor
06-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Brilliant.

FromWayDowntown
06-26-2015, 07:27 AM
He's Muslim?

Brazil
06-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Nba is f:lolcked

UZER
06-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Spurs are willing to push the envelope so...

I thought the drafted this person:

http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/kd-lang/media/01/03/large.w2nrk4epx674.jpg

Seventyniner
06-26-2015, 08:21 AM
He's Muslim?

Do you see a headscarf?

DMC
06-26-2015, 09:43 AM
I want to see his FT shooting highlights.

gameFACE
06-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Not sure why but I feel Cadillac Man has a better chance of sitting behind the bench in street clothes than Nikola Molotov. Give him a shot in Summer League.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2015, 10:49 AM
M-C-L

ceperez
06-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Do you see a headscarf?

Yeah... pretty sure Haiti is overloaded with Muslims.

Spurtacular
07-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Watching Lalanne in summer league... This guy deserves a church.

ElNono
07-06-2015, 06:25 PM
yep, spreading det swagger all over Utah, tbh

Holden_Caulfield
07-06-2015, 06:27 PM
https://synchromiss.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/pennsatucky-healing-hands.jpg

AFBlue
07-06-2015, 06:34 PM

Robz4000
07-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Sup. Do I get a complimentary carpet?

ElNono
07-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Sup. Do I get a complimentary carpet?

take your shoes off, damnit!

SupremeGuy
07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
BETTER THINK TWICE ABOUT COMING DOWN THE LALANNE:lol

lefty
07-06-2015, 06:47 PM
:cry I'm in

Robz4000
07-06-2015, 06:57 PM
take your shoes off, damnit!

Ha, jokes on you! :lol thinking I wear shoes...

Mnky
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM

TheGoldStandard
07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
At 55 this guy is awesome

r0drig0lac
07-06-2015, 07:10 PM
haha

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 09:43 AM
These threads are cool ...
I like the roadside tent one too ...

MI21
07-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Spurs are willing to push the envelope so...

I thought the drafted this person:

http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/kd-lang/media/01/03/large.w2nrk4epx674.jpg

I legit :lol'ed

UZER
07-07-2015, 06:54 PM
I legit :lol'ed

:lol damn finally someone did!!

south side spur
07-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Does anyone have an extra Qur'an I can borrow?

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-07-2015, 07:35 PM
We are in Ramadan after all...

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Ready for another visit; I hear the guy starting to speak out over the loudspeaker.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-07-2015, 07:54 PM
We are in Ramadan after all...

Haven't eaten all day. Fuck, my head hurts. :bang

Mugen
07-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Welp

http://pamelageller.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/homemade-exploding-suicide-bomber.jpg

ElNono
07-07-2015, 10:03 PM
yeah, swagger disengaged tonight... hopefully he'll figure it out by Thursday...

LETS WAIT AND SEE

SPURt
07-07-2015, 10:27 PM
There is no Lalanne but Lalanne

ceperez
12-14-2015, 01:03 AM
Last game 5-8 from 3 point line... 27 points.

The guy transformed from a center to a 3-D guy.

Some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcPBuL2_hk

SAGirl
12-14-2015, 01:20 AM
I like him. Strong body, crafty around the basket and can shoot the corner 3.
Maybe Matty Bon Bon retires and we bring him over next year?

TheMulletMan3000
12-14-2015, 01:50 AM

that would be nice :tu

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:02 AM

If he continues to make progress this month, maybe Bonner gets waived and Lalanne takes his place.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Here's Lalanne scoring 21 points in the first half:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YISvSBZ6dFM

Here's the NBA pre-draft scouting report: http://www.nba.com/draft/2015/prospects/cady_lalanne?ls=iref:nba:draft:tracker

Strengths
Length (7-5 wingspan)
Excellent shot blocker
Good rebounder on both ends
Has some low-post scoring skills
Decent footwork

Weaknesses
Has to continue to refine face-up game
Needs to get stronger
Free-throw shooting has to improve
Poor assist-to-turnover ratio

Reminds me of: Nerlens Noel

What Insiders Say
Massachusetts coach Derek Kellogg
"He's our senior big guy who's proven over time that he's capable of [scoring in the post]. He's got to make good decisions down there, and we've got to help him know where everybody's going to be when they're coming at him."

What Outsiders Say
LSU coach Johnny Jones
“He’s a serious low-block presence. At 6-10 and about 250, he’s a load inside.”

-----

Spurs got themselves a 6'9" Jimmer Fredette instead!!!

Chinook
12-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Lalanne hasn't really shown the defense he needs to to stick in the league, even if his stroke is legit. Five to seven years ago, it might have been enough for Cady to be a guy over 6-8 who could space the floor. But you have to do at least two things at a very high level in order to make it in the NBA. If Cady can be a knock-down shooter who can rebound and score at anything above a below-average level, the offense will probably be find. But he doesn't have the quickest feet or the biggest body, so his NBA defensive position is ambiguous.

If Cady has LJC's defensive ability, we're talking about an awesome, awesome prospect. As it is, it would be a miracle if he even has a NBA career resembling that of Malcolm Thomas.

TheDoctor
12-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Lalannetula tbh.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Lalanne hasn't really shown the defense he needs to to stick in the league, even if his stroke is legit. Five to seven years ago, it might have been enough for Cady to be a guy over 6-8 who could space the floor. But you have to do at least two things at a very high level in order to make it in the NBA. If Cady can be a knock-down shooter who can rebound and score at anything above a below-average level, the offense will probably be find. But he doesn't have the quickest feet or the biggest body, so his NBA defensive position is ambiguous.

If Cady has LJC's defensive ability, we're talking about an awesome, awesome prospect. As it is, it would be a miracle if he even has a NBA career resembling that of Malcolm Thomas.

If Cady can learn to shoot in Austin, then I guess LJC can learn to shoot if he decides to come over. Looks like he's wasting away in France. (Alternatively, Spurs have realized that he's made of glass)

Well good comparison with Malcom Thomas as a baseline to see what he needs to do to get in the NBA. He's not as athletic as Thomas but he's got a 5" wingspan advantage and an inch taller.

Cady may just make it in league as a James Jones like player.

ElNono
12-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Already better than Jimmer, tbh

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-14-2015, 09:25 AM

If he can become an Anthony Tolliver type he'd have done well for himself. There's certainly a niche for shooting bigs, his stroke looks really good.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 09:27 AM
If he can become an Anthony Tolliver type he'd have done well for himself. There's certainly a niche for shooting bigs, his stroke looks really good.

Good comparison. Tolliver is one of those bigs that learned how to shoot while playing in Germany. He's making a decent living in the NBA after the Spurs discovered him.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 09:52 AM
If Cady can learn to shoot in Austin, then I guess LJC can learn to shoot if he decides to come over. Looks like he's wasting away in France. (Alternatively, Spurs have realized that he's made of glass)

Well good comparison with Malcom Thomas as a baseline to see what he needs to do to get in the NBA. He's not as athletic as Thomas but he's got a 5" wingspan advantage and an inch taller.

Cady may just make it in league as a James Jones like player.

Cady is a 4/5. That's completely different from Jones (2/3) or even Thomas (3/4). Lalanne might have the size of a tall wing, but he's a big, plain an simple. And his NBA future relies on him being able to do what he's currently doing offensively while being able to guard NBA bigs and in general play above-average defense. Looking just at his stats, his defense is good enough for the d-league, but he needs to dominate at that level to look like a real NBA prospect -- as well as showing that he can sustain his shooting percentage all season. The best thing about his situation for the Spurs is that the team doesn't have to worry about another team snapping him up.

sasaint
12-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Good comparison. Tolliver is one of those bigs that learned how to shoot while playing in Germany. He's making a decent living in the NBA after the Spurs discovered him.

I liked Tolliver during his SL and pre-season stint with the Spurs. I always thought that we would have kept him and developed him if Bonner hadn't been around. But that was when Bonner was pretty deadly from 3 (but that's another story). So I expect Cady will get some serious attention next summer from the coaching staff.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Cady is a 4/5. That's completely different from Jones (2/3) or even Thomas (3/4). Lalanne might have the size of a tall wing, but he's a big, plain an simple. And his NBA future relies on him being able to do what he's currently doing offensively while being able to guard NBA bigs and in general play above-average defense. Looking just at his stats, his defense is good enough for the d-league, but he needs to dominate at that level to look like a real NBA prospect -- as well as showing that he can sustain his shooting percentage all season. The best thing about his situation for the Spurs is that the team doesn't have to worry about another team snapping him up.

What a minute here, Matt Bonner has made an entire career at the same position as Cady Lalanne. Lalanne has a lot longer arms than Bonner and definitely has a better post game than Bonner. I don't recall Bonner to have above-average defense. I doubt Bonner will dominate defensively in the D-league. Ayres in the D-league and I don't see him dominating.

There is obviously a spot open for a player like Lalanne with the Spurs (when Bonner retires). This of course will hang on how Lalanne develops that 3 point shooting. Just looking at the film, his form is much better than Bonner's.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4amzE2igP4

Chinook
12-14-2015, 10:21 AM

Tolliver is still in the league because he can also fill the "vet" role. I think with small-ball and the new emphasis on spacing, it's not very hard at all to find bigs that can shoot. If Lalanne can play the five full time, that certainly helps his usefulness. But just being able to shoot is hardly a niche. I think most teams have at least two bigs or combo-forwards who can shoot from outside nowadays.

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2015, 10:24 AM
This of course will hang on how Lalanne develops that 3 point shooting. Just looking at the film, his form is much better than Bonner's.

Matt Bonner is in the top 15 in NBA history in 3PT shooting percentage (in the regular season). You can condition the statistic however you'd like, but there simply aren't many people on the planet who can shoot that shot more efficiently than he has. Add to that the fact that Bonner's NBA position has never really been ambiguous -- he's a stretch 4 because he can knock out 3's and space the floor while having the bulk and length to defend on the block without being routinely exposed.

There've always been a lot of things about Matt Bonner that are legitimately frustrating, but he's kept his job in the NBA for this long because (aside from being apparently very well-liked and considered a great teammate) he's got an NBA skill that is historically great.

It seems like a reach to me to expect even Bonner's production -- as maligned as it has been -- to be outdone by a kid who was a late second round pick and who comes with significant doubts about what position he could play in the NBA.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Matt Bonner

Not even close to the same thing. For one, Matt is/was one of the best shooting bigs every in the regular season. Lalanne is carry a, what, 40-percent rate in the d-league? That'd probably drop to the low 30s in the NBA. He'll need to get more consistent to even get the title stretch-big. He'll almost certainly never get to Bonner's level.

Morever, Bonner came into the league back when being a stretch-big was a huge novelty. Because of him and guys like him, the entire NBA started to change toward spacing fours and fives. But now it some common to have stretch-bigs that players have to offer more than Matt has. Cady being somewhat decent at other parts of his offense (in the d-league) isn't going to cut it.

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2015, 10:34 AM
I get the interest in being the one who spotted a talent and stuck with supporting that guy until he made it big, but over the course of time, the SpursTalk "next big thing to come out of nowhere" hobby horse has become pretty worn out.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Matt Bonner is in the top 15 in NBA history in 3PT shooting percentage (in the regular season). You can condition the statistic however you'd like, but there simply aren't many people on the planet who can shoot that shot more efficiently than he has. Add to that the fact that Bonner's NBA position has never really been ambiguous -- he's a stretch 4 because he can knock out 3's and space the floor while having the bulk and length to defend on the block without being routinely exposed.

There've always been a lot of things about Matt Bonner that are legitimately frustrating, but he's kept his job in the NBA for this long because (aside from being apparently very well-liked and considered a great teammate) he's got an NBA skill that is historically great.

It seems like a reach to me to expect even Bonner's production -- as maligned as it has been -- to be outdone by a kid who was a late second round pick and who comes with significant doubts about what position he could play in the NBA.

I stand with my assessment that Lalanne's form is much better than Bonner's.

Still too early to tell if Lalanne can get better shooting the 3, but so far 40% is a decent clip for someone who *never* took these kind of shots in college. In college he was relied upon to play center and possibly never had the opportunity to develop the stretch 4 game. I'm saying that he's making good progress and could possibly replace bonner on that stretch 4 position.

Bonner may have been great, but he's near retirement. Spurs just being loyal in signing him for yet another minimum.

SpursFan86
12-14-2015, 10:58 AM
Lalanne is carry a, what, 40-percent rate in the d-league?

Now he's up to 38%, but before last night's explosion, he was shooting 30.7% from 3. Comparing him to Bonner is ridiculous. I'd be hesitant to even predict he could shoot 35% from deep at the NBA level.

Also, he had a sub-15 PER before last night's game. So below average production in the D-League doesn't exactly scream "legitimate NBA prospect" to me. Granted it's early and he could still improve, but yeah...people should probably slow down on the "he's the guy who can replace Bonner!" rhetoric.

loveforthegame
12-14-2015, 11:05 AM
He looks much better than he did in SL. More comfortable all around. That shooting touch sure looks smoother.

Will that get him a spot on the Spurs next year? Who knows. I agree with Chinook that his defense could use some tuning. But maybe the Spurs are having him focus on the offensive side of things at this time??

For now, it's nice to see some progress.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Now he's up to 38%, but before last night's explosion, he was shooting 30.7% from 3. Comparing him to Bonner is ridiculous. I'd be hesitant to even predict he could shoot 35% from deep at the NBA level.

Also, he had a sub-15 PER before last night's game. So below average production in the D-League doesn't exactly scream "legitimate NBA prospect" to me. Granted it's early and he could still improve, but yeah...people should probably slow down on the "he's the guy who can replace Bonner!" rhetoric.

Are you telling me that Bonner still has gas in his tank? Whoever is replacing Bonner is not doing so at the peak of Bonner's prowess. Heck, Spurs are likely willing to let him go without even a replacement.

I'm not saying that Bonner was terrible, he did have a role to play and won us several playoff games by just being on the court. What I am saying in that there is an opening for a stretch 4 player like Lalanne if he continues to improve his shot. Folks are dismissing him because of his lack of athleticism (same way they dismiss Anderson). I am saying that his athleticism isn't elite but is good enough to be a decent role player.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Are you telling me that Bonner still has gas in his tank? Whoever is replacing Bonner is not doing so at the peak of Bonner's prowess. Heck, Spurs are likely willing to let him go without even a replacement.

I'm not saying that Bonner was terrible, he did have a role to play and won us several playoff games by just being on the court. What I am saying in that there is an opening for a stretch 4 player like Lalanne if he continues to improve his shot. Folks are dismissing him because of his lack of athleticism (same way they dismiss Anderson). I am saying that his athleticism isn't elite but is good enough to be a decent role player.

Well, what you actually said was:

If he continues to make progress this month, maybe Bonner gets waived and Lalanne takes his place.

SpursFan86
12-14-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm saying there's basically a 0% chance that Lalanne takes Bonner's spot this year, something you said could maybe happen if Lalanne continues to do well. I also think the chances of Lalanne ever being a rotation player in the NBA are fairly slim, though I haven't watched him play much so I won't outright say it can't happen. Just think that as of right now based on what he's doing in the D-League, he seems far from being an NBA-caliber player.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Well, what you actually said was:

yup *if* he makes progress.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm saying there's basically a 0% chance that Lalanne takes Bonner's spot this year, something you said could maybe happen if Lalanne continues to do well. I also think the chances of Lalanne ever being a rotation player in the NBA are fairly slim, though I haven't watched him play much so I won't outright say it can't happen. Just think that as of right now based on what he's doing in the D-League, he seems far from being an NBA-caliber player.

well I don't know if Bonner can make is past January when his contract expires.

I do hope that Lalanne improves enough to take his place. I can't say he can actually do it, but the opportunity is there. Lalanne would take a rookie scale contract so the cost won't be too much.

Of course all of this depends on whether Lalanne can do well enough in a month's time.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
yup *if* he makes progress.

There's no chance he makes enough progress for the Spurs to sign him to an NBA contract this season, let alone this month. People are politely trying to tell you this. You should listen.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 11:38 AM
well I don't know if Bonner can make is past January when his contract expires.

I do hope that Lalanne improves enough to take his place. I can't say he can actually do it, but the opportunity is there. Lalanne would take a rookie scale contract so the cost won't be too much.

Of course all of this depends on whether Lalanne can do well enough in a month's time.

He's a second round draft pick. Rookie scale is for first round picks.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 11:44 AM
There's no chance he makes enough progress for the Spurs to sign him to an NBA contract this season, let alone this month. People are politely trying to tell you this. You should listen.

The way I'm reading it, the Spurs will likely have 15 positions filled up come playoff time.

One spot is currently empty.
Bonner's contract ends January. I would like to see a replacement stretch-4.
I would like to see McCallum waived if he doesn't improve. I would like to see an athletic 6'5" or taller guard fill that up from the D-league or elsewhere.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 11:51 AM
He's a second round draft pick. Rookie scale is for first round picks.

Lalanne can be signed for the minimum salary is $525,093. You can't do that with a veteran like Bonner.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 11:53 AM
The way I'm reading it, the Spurs will likely have 15 positions filled up come playoff time.

I would like to see McCallum waived if he doesn't improve. I would like to see an athletic 6'5" or taller guard fill that up from the D-league or elsewhere.

No doubt Mel will beat me to say this, but Bonner doesn't expire in January. His contract keeps going for the whole year. His guarantee date is 1/10, just like everyone else. But money is not tied to a date.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 12:03 PM

You really don't understand how these things work.

First of all, Bonner's contract doesn't end in January. It's not currently guaranteed past January, but if he's not waived by January 7th, it will become guaranteed for the remainder of the season.

So, the Spurs set up Bonner's contract in such a way that it can be used as part of a trade package or so that he can be waived to create a roster spot. All of which has nothing to do with Cady.

While there is a less than remote possibility that Bonner is waived to create a roster spot, there is almost zero chance that he's waived to make room for Lalanne.

Here's why:

1. Lalanne is a second round pick.

2. The Spurs are over the cap.

3. The only exception the Spurs can use to sign Lalanne this season is the minimum salary exception.

4. The maximum length of a minimum contract is two years. Signing him this year would make him a free agent at the end of the 2016-17 season.

5. If they wait until the summer to sign him, they can use a small chunk of cap space or the MLE, depending on their cap situation, to sign him for a contract of up to 4 years.

6. The only scenario that has the Spurs signing Lalanne this season is one in which they're convinced that he can replace Diaw or West in the rotation. That's possible is the same sort of way that discovering bigfoot is possible.

7. So forget about Lalanne on the Spurs this season.

8. Good luck with your wish to see Ray waived. That's extremely unlikely as well.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 12:04 PM
No doubt Mel will beat me to say this, but Bonner doesn't expire in January. His contract keeps going for the whole year. His guarantee date is 1/10, just like everyone else. But money is not tied to a date.

Splitting hair here. Bonner can be let go come January without financial obligation from the Spurs. Don't make a big deal about how the 'expiration' actually is executed.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Lalanne can be signed for the minimum salary is $525,093. You can't do that with a veteran like Bonner.

Like I said, you really don't understand how these things work. You really should take the time to study this:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

ceperez
12-14-2015, 12:12 PM

First of all, Bonner's contract doesn't end in January. It's not currently guaranteed past January, but if he's not waived by January 7th, it will become guaranteed for the remainder of the season.

So, the Spurs set up Bonner's contract in such a way that it can be used as part of a trade package or so that he can be waived to create a roster spot. All of which has nothing to do with Cady.

While there is a less than remote possibility that Bonner is waived to create a roster spot, there is almost zero chance that he's waived to make room for Lalanne.

Here's why:

1. Lalanne is a second round pick.

2. The Spurs are over the cap.

3. The only exception the Spurs can use to sign Lalanne this season is the minimum salary exception.

4. The maximum length of a minimum contract is two years. Signing him this year would make him a free agent at the end of the 2016-17 season.

5. If they wait until the summer to sign him, they can use a small chuck of cap space or the MLE, depending on their cap situation, to sign him for a contract of up to 4 years.

6. The only scenario that has the Spurs signing Lalanne this season is one in which they're convinced that he can replace Diaw or West in the rotation. That's possible is the same sort of way that discovering bigfoot is possible.

7. So forget about Lalanne on the Spurs this season.

8. Good luck with your wish to see Ray waived. That's extremely unlikely as well.

So if Spurs are over the cap and they keep Bonner after January, do they pay luxury taxes on Bonner?

Lalanne if signed is a rookie, does he count towards the cap? Are we talking here about a $500,000 difference between Bonner and Lalanne?

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 12:18 PM
So if Spurs are over the cap and they keep Bonner after January, do they pay luxury taxes on Bonner?

Lalanne if signed is a rookie, does he count towards the cap? Are we talking here about a $500,000 difference between Bonner and Lalanne?

Did you read what I posted?

The tax consequences are irrelevant to whether or not the Spurs sign Lalanne.

(for the record, waiving Bonner and signing Lalanne would reduce overall salary plus taxes by a small amount. You really should take the time to read the site I linked above)

ceperez
12-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Did you read what I posted?

The tax consequences are irrelevant to whether or not the Spurs sign Lalanne.

(for the record, waiving Bonner and signing Lalanne would reduce overall salary plus taxes by a small amount. You really should take the time to read the site I linked above)

So are the Spurs going into the playoffs with just 13 players to avoid taxes?

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 12:25 PM
So are the Spurs going into the playoffs with just 13 players to avoid taxes?

smh

You really don't understand any of this.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Splitting hair here. Bonner can be let go come January without financial obligation from the Spurs. Don't make a big deal about how the 'expiration' actually is executed.

It doesn't expire in January any more than Simmons is on a one-year deal. Anyway who told you anything about the Spurs being done with his guaranteed money in January? They guaranteed more than 80 percent of the money they're supposed to pay him ($794k/$947k). That takes him way past the guarantee deadline.

It's tax-neutral, since both would count as second-year vets. The Spurs would pay like $100k less in salary, though.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2015, 12:35 PM
So are the Spurs going into the playoffs with just 13 players to avoid taxes?They'll likely go in with the 15 they have now.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 12:37 PM
It doesn't expire in January any more than Simmons is on a one-year deal. Anyway who told you anything about the Spurs being done with his guaranteed money in January? They guaranteed more than 80 percent of the money they're supposed to pay him ($794k/$947k). That takes him way past the guarantee deadline.

It's tax-neutral, since both would count as second-year vets. The Spurs would pay like $100k less in salary, though.

The Bonner situation, if he gets waived before the Jan deadline. Do the Spurs have to pay taxes on a full year veteran minimum salary?

Chinook
12-14-2015, 12:37 PM
They'll likely go in with the 15 they have now.

No, because Bonner expires in January, and Butler's expired the moment he signed the contract.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 12:38 PM
No, because Bonner expires in January, and Butler's expired the moment he signed the contract.

GSH
12-14-2015, 12:41 PM
They'll likely go in with the 15 they have now.

Every season, right before the deadline, the Spurs make headlines with their roster-shaking trades.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 12:42 PM
The Bonner situation, if he gets waived before the Jan deadline. Do the Spurs have to pay taxes on a full year veteran minimum salary?

No, just the $794k guaranteed.

EDIT: Actually, let me run the numbers:

If the Spurs keep Bonner, they pay $947k in salary and the same in taxes with the 1.5 multiplier ($1.421 Million) . That's $2.368 Million total.

If they release Bonner and sign Lalanne on 01/10, they pay $1.107 Million in salary (Bonner's $794k in guaranteed money and Lalanne's $313k in prorated salary) and $2.039 Million in taxes (Bonner's guarantee and Lalanne's prorated tax as he doesn't count as a rookie for tax purposes time the 1.5 multiplier). So that's a total of $3.146 Million to do the switch. We're talking about $778k more than it would be to just keep Matt around.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Every season, right before the deadline, the Spurs make headlines with their roster-shaking trades.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 01:01 PM

If the Spurs keep Bonner, they pay $947k in salary and the same in taxes with the 1.5 multiplier ($1.421 Million) . That's $2.368 Million total.

If they release Bonner and sign Lalanne on 01/10, they pay $1.107 Million in salary (Bonner's $794k in guaranteed money and Lalanne's $313k in prorated salary) and $2.039 Million in taxes (Bonner's guarantee and Lalanne's prorated tax as he doesn't count as a rookie for tax purposes time the 1.5 multiplier). So that's a total of $3.146 Million to do the switch. We're talking about $778k more than it would be to just keep Matt around.

Is that correct? They have to pay Bonner $1.5m for entire season. That's $500k more than waiving him. Tax calculation I guess will be the same whether Bonner is on the team or not?

So if they bring in Lalanne for $300k and he doesn't get calculated in the tax, then they save $200k.

Also, is Fredett's $500k also included in taxes?

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Is that correct? They have to pay Bonner $1.5m for entire season. That's $500k more than waiving him. Tax calculation I guess will be the same whether Bonner is on the team or not?

So if they bring in Lalanne for $300k and he doesn't get calculated in the tax, then they save $200k.

Also, is Fredett's $500k also included in taxes?

Everything's included in the tax.

Also, Spurs are paying Bonner $947k ( if they keep him all season long ), not $1.5 mil - the rest is paid by the league.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Everything's included in the tax.

Also, Spurs are paying Bonner $947k ( if they keep him all season long ), not $1.5 mil - the rest is paid by the league.

ok... forgot about that reimbursement. I guess that counts for both Butler and West also.

So Bonner at this point is fully paid for and there's no discount in waiving him.

EDIT: Apparently Bonner is guranteed for only $750k.... so $200k savings to waive him.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 01:11 PM
ok... forgot about that reimbursement. I guess that counts for both Butler and West also.

So Bonner at this point is fully paid for and there's no discount in waiving him.

It doesn't count for West, as he signed a two-year deal.

Bonner is not fully paid, but he's guaranteed almost as much as the Spurs are paying him.

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Money aside, given the extent to which Pop values Matt's ability to remain prepared and to do whatever he's asked to do, the hope that Matt Bonner will just be waived seems far-fetched to me.

That's not to say that Matt has some incredible value that would make him untouchable; just that if the question is Matt Bonner or a D-League guy as this team nears the playoffs, Matt Bonner will likely win that evaluation because he has 10 years with this team, has nearly 100 games of playoff experience, and has been around (and gone through) 5 deep playoff runs. While his playoff performances are certainly not his finest moments, the organization is much more likely to prefer a guy with that pedigree over a guy who's toiling right now in the D-League will have little or no NBA experience when the time to make that decision comes.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Money aside, given the extent to which Pop values Matt's ability to remain prepared and to do whatever he's asked to do, the hope that Matt Bonner will just be waived seems far-fetched to me.

That's not to say that Matt has some incredible value that would make him untouchable; just that if the question is Matt Bonner or a D-League guy as this team nears the playoffs, Matt Bonner will likely win that evaluation because he has 10 years with this team, has nearly 100 games of playoff experience, and has been around (and gone through) 5 deep playoff runs. While his playoff performances are certainly not his finest moments, the organization is much more likely to prefer a guy with that pedigree over a guy who's toiling right now in the D-League will have little or no NBA experience when the time to make that decision comes.

More than that, it's not like the Spurs need to protect Lalanne. He's part of the organization for the rest of the year unless someone trades for his rights. In fact, if the Spurs sign him, they'll be losing value by using one of his cheap seasons (hell, his cheapest) on a partial year.

SAGirl
12-14-2015, 01:20 PM

If Cady has LJC's defensive ability, we're talking about an awesome, awesome prospect. As it is, it would be a miracle if he even has a NBA career resemxbling that of Malcolm Thomas.
Well I remember LJC to be just as Lalane in terms of size and body, very similar, but a lot more athletic and with superb defensive hustle and instincts. I can see what the Spurs liked about him, but he was completely undeveloped in everything else, making him still a project.

Cady seemed slower, but he's strong and has a nice jumpshot, which he appears to be expanding in range. He's slower, reminds me of maybe D West. What I thought he needed to work on the most was catching the ball on the move. He was too TO prone in SL, and Spurs had to go away from running PnR between him and Anderson bc he could not catch the ball. If I remember correctly the first few game in Utah Anderson was very TO prone and it was bc guys had trouble catching. Becky adjusted by having Anderson and Simms more aggressive carrying th offensive load an running simpler sets.

Lalane also had trouble rebounding. If I remember correctly Anderson was better on the boards, but we have to admit Anderson has good coordination and very good hands.

If Lalane can work on his rebounding and catching, I think he's a worthy project. I remind myself that I watched a lot of Simmons last season in the dleague and save his athleticism he seemed raw and like he had all to work on. Lalane is even younger than Simmons.

wildbill2u
12-14-2015, 01:23 PM
I was happy to see he has progressed from the summer league. I doubt he'd be brought up to the parent club this year, but seeing him do some stuff that he couldn't do in SL is good. Not many second round choices make it to the big leagues so we can only hope he gets better.

For all you contract gurus, would it be possible for the Spurs to bring him up for a ten day to show him they respect his hard work and give him a look at what he has to compete with. I think it is always a nice gesture by the FO to give these D-League guys a courtesy call-up.

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2015, 01:23 PM
More than that, it's not like the Spurs need to protect Lalanne. He's part of the organization for the rest of the year unless someone trades for his rights. In fact, if the Spurs sign him, they'll be losing value by using one of his cheap seasons (hell, his cheapest) on a partial year.

True, though my comment was meant to expand the discussion beyond Bonner v. Lalanne. I suppose my larger point was that absent a trade or the need to waive Matt to make room for a buy-out guy who becomes available (or perhaps some dire need that can't be addressed in one of those ways), I don't imagine that Matt Bonner is likely to go anywhere if the choice is between him and almost any D-League guy.

That applies, I think, with equal force to Lalanne, who's upside might be in the range of "Matt Bonner with a less consistent stroke from deep."

benefactor
12-14-2015, 01:27 PM

He doesn't understand much of anything.

GSH
12-14-2015, 01:27 PM

I was wondering if you were going to get around to that. The only real question here is "Why?... why would they do that?" It's not just about the money, although that doesn't make sense either. He's right where he needs to be, for everyone's interests. He needs the minutes, and he knew on draft night he'd be spending the year in the D-League.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2015, 01:34 PM
If he were far-and-away the best player in the D League, we could talk about him getting called into Bonner's spot this season. The guy's scoring 11 ppg on 10 fga with almost as many fouls as rebounds. Good for him for working the program, but he isn't going to get a shot this year.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 01:35 PM
True, though my comment was meant to expand the discussion beyond Bonner v. Lalanne. I suppose my larger point was that absent a trade or the need to waive Matt to make room for a buy-out guy who becomes available (or perhaps some dire need that can't be addressed in one of those ways), I don't imagine that Matt Bonner is likely to go anywhere if the choice is between him and almost any D-League guy.

That applies, I think, with equal force to Lalanne, who's upside might be in the range of "Matt Bonner with a less consistent stroke from deep."

I could sort of see the Spurs waiving Bonner to bring in a prospect they wanted to protect. I think there are teams they'd like to have him for, but with Butler pretty much being the same guy, they might risk it. But they won't do it if they can just sign him in the off-season with no fear of another team poaching him.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 01:35 PM

Yeah, that was #4 in my point by point post above. He would be more likely to be signed this year if his rights weren't held by the Spurs.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Yeah, that was #4 in my point by point post above. He would be more likely to be signed this year if his rights weren't held by the Spurs.

The deal though with second round picks ( see: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/25/5028588/the-value-of-late-second-round-picks ) is that they don't count towards the luxury.

So if Lalanne is ready and can contribute, he gets signed regardless of the tax situation.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 02:18 PM
The deal though with second round picks ( see: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/25/5028588/the-value-of-late-second-round-picks ) is that they don't count towards the luxury.

So if Lalanne is ready and can contribute, he gets signed regardless of the tax situation.

1. That's not what that article says.

2. As many in this thread have tried, apparently in vain, to explain to you, luxury tax implications are not close to the most significant factors making a Lalanne signing this season extremely unlikely.

SAGirl
12-14-2015, 02:22 PM
I don't think we are waiving Bonner for Cady for all the reasons already expressed. He's still ours to keep until next summer and he's unlikely to play aside from some garbage time so he's not at all needed.

Next season there might be vacancies bc D.West, Bonner and Rasual are in 1 yr. contracts their futures in the team TBD. All 3 are old vets with only D.West having a real regular and indispensable role.

At some point Pop has to bring in a younger guy to start getting ready to contribute as a bench big and it might as well be next season. Maybe one of the above 3 gives way for Lalane.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Here's the calculations for Lalanne for Bonner.

Bonner gets waived. He is guaranteed $750k. He doesn't get the $950k. Savings of $200k. Tax calculation is pro-rated, so if its 1/3rd of the season then 1.5 * 1.5 * 1/3, a savings of $1.5m. Total savings of $1.7m on a waived Bonner if he plays only 1/3rd of the season.

Lalanne gets signed, pro-rated minimum. Say 250,000, taxes will be 250,000 * 1.5 = $375,000. Total cost is: $625k.

Total savings, $1,000,000 for Spurs.

Okay gurus, what's wrong with the calculations?

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Here's the calculations for Lalanne for Bonner.

Bonner gets waived. He is guaranteed $750k. He doesn't get the $950k. Savings of $200k. Tax calculation is pro-rated, so if its 1/3rd of the season then 1.5 * 1.5 * 1/3, a savings of $1.5m. Total savings of $1.7m on a waived Bonner if he plays only 1/3rd of the season.

Lalanne gets signed, pro-rated minimum. Say 250,000, taxes will be 250,000 * 1.5 = $375,000. Total cost is: $625k.

Total savings, $1,000,000 for Spurs.

Wrong and irrelevant to the discussion here.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:36 PM

wrong in what way?

Chinook
12-14-2015, 02:36 PM

Mel's patience = gone

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Spurs can't sign an undrafted player like they did Marjanovic. It will cost them veteran minimum salary.

The only option is to sign the cheaper drafted second round players.

The only way to save is to acquire them at end of season so salaries are all pro-rated.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Spurs can't sign an undrafted player like they did Marjanovic. It will cost them veteran minimum salary.

The only option is to sign the cheaper drafted second round players.

I did the calculations for you already. If you want to know what's wrong with yours, just look to see what's different from mine. That sounds hella arrogant, I know. But there's no point in explaining the general concept again.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Spurs can't sign an undrafted player like they did Marjanovic.

Yes, they can.

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 02:46 PM
wrong in what way?

I'm not doing your homework for you, I already provided a link to the textbook:

(Plus, Chinook already ran the numbers for you. Just copy from him and you'll be fine.)

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:46 PM

What appears to be in error here is that Bonner's tax when he's waived should be pro-rated.

Furthermore, Lalanne tax bill is not the veteran minimum, but rather his salary.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 02:47 PM
What appears to be in error here is that Bonner's tax when he's waived should be pro-rated.

Again, if you see something different, it's because you're wrong.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Again, if you see something different, it's because you're wrong.

I don't think you folks are pro-rating the tax bill for a waived player.

Kawhitstorm
12-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Cady is similar to a young poorman's Channing Frye before he went to Phoenix & became a true stretch 4/5. Andrew Nicholson is also another player that comes to mind.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 02:51 PM

Again, if you think there's an assumption I didn't make that you're making, it's because you're making a bad assumption.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Cady is similar to a young poorman's Channing Frye before he went to Phoenix & became a true stretch 4/5. Andrew Nicholson is also another player that comes to mind.

Frye's a lot bigger and a better shooter. They're not really very similar.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 02:53 PM

I remember Channing Frye destroying the Spurs, eventually eliminating them from contention. Frye is bigger though than Caddy.

GSH
12-14-2015, 04:03 PM

wrong in what way?

Wrong it the way that you aren't using the same formula the NBA uses, which is the only way that matters.

Wrong in the way that you took a simple mistake, and turned it into something that makes you look like an argumentative asshole, the more you push it.

When you run into someone who obviously knows more about a subject than you do, listen and try to learn more from them. No shame in that.

Edit: BTW - a portion of Bonner's salary is guaranteed. Got that? GUARANTEED. That means the Spurs pay it, even if they waive him. It also means that amount counts toward the cap and tax, even if he is waived. REGARDLESS of when he is waived. Because it's guaranteed. You don't prorate something that's guaranteed. Because it's guaranteed.

Get it?

GSH
12-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Ceperez is typing....

ceperez
12-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Wrong it the way that you aren't using the same formula the NBA uses, which is the only way that matters.

Wrong in the way that you took a simple mistake, and turned it into something that makes you look like an argumentative asshole, the more you push it.

When you run into someone who obviously knows more about a subject than you do, listen and try to learn more from them. No shame in that.

Edit: BTW - a portion of Bonner's salary is guaranteed. Got that? GUARANTEED. That means the Spurs pay it, even if they waive him. It also means that amount counts toward the cap and tax, even if he is waived. REGARDLESS of when he is waived. Because it's guaranteed. You don't prorate something that's guaranteed. Because it's guaranteed.

Get it?

750k is guaranteed. 957k is what Spurs have to pay if he makes it past January. The remainder is paid by the league. The question is the luxury tax bill calculation. If Spurs only pay 750k, that's half the 1.5m they should pay, so the tax bill is 1/2 of what others are calculating.

It is only logical that you save money if you waive a player that is unguaranteed for the full season. What other folks are saying is that the cost for Bonner is the same even if he gets waived before January. I'm just saying they got their numbers wrong.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 04:47 PM

Bonner is kept: $947k + 1.5 * (1.5m) = $947k + $2.2m =~ $3.1m
Bonner is waived: $750k + 1.5 * (750k) =~ 1.87m
Lalanne is signed: $313k + 1.5 * (313k) =~ .78m
-------------
2.65m
Difference of 0.45m in favor of waiving Bonner. Not sure where $778k going the other way.

Finally, not unusual that Spurs bring in players in the middle of the season. When did Aaron Baynes come in?

Kawhitstorm
12-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Frye's a lot bigger and a better shooter. They're not really very similar.

I remember Channing Frye destroying the Spurs, eventually eliminating them from contention. Frye is bigger though than Caddy.

Frye when he came into the league was 6' 9.5"/244 w/a 7' 2.5" wingspan & Lalanne is listed as 6' 8.25"/240 w/ a 7' 5" wingspan; they both have the same standing reach (9' 2.5"). I don't see how Frye was MUCH BIGGER. If I didn't make it clear, I'm not comparing Frye in a Phoenix jersey to Lalanne, the comparison is between the two at the same point of their careers (rookie season). Polish up Lalanne & he could be a poorman's version pre-Suns Frye.

If we are talking about a player that CURRENTLY resembles Lalanne then it's Andrew Nicholson who is the same height/weight but has a smaller wingspan & standing reach. Nicholson surprisingly has the same no step vertical as Cady (28.5):lol

ceperez
12-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Frye when he came into the league was 6' 9.5"/244 w/a 7' 2.5" wingspan & Lalanne is listed as 6' 8.25"/240 w/ a 7' 5" wingspan; they both have the same standing reach (9' 2.5"). I don't see how Frye was MUCH BIGGER. If I didn't make it clear, I'm not comparing Frye in a Phoenix jersey to Lalanne, the comparison is between the two at the same point of their careers (rookie season). Polish up Lalanne & he could be a poorman's version pre-Suns Frye.

If we are talking about a player that CURRENTLY resembles Lalanne then it's Andrew Nicholson who is the same height/weight but has a smaller wingspan & standing reach. Nicholson surprisingly has the same no step vertical as Cady (28.5):lol

I imagined Frye to be much bigger, he's also listed a 6'11". However you are right, Frye isn't that much bigger than Lalanne. Lalanne of course has wider wingspan.

I agree, Andrew Nicholson has the same level of athleticism and size as Lalanne.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Bonner is kept: $947k + 1.5 * (1.5m) = $947k + $2.2m =~ $3.1m
Bonner is waived: $750k + 1.5 * (750k) =~ 1.87m
Lalanne is signed: $313k + 1.5 * (313k) =~ .78m
-------------
2.65m
Difference of 0.45m in favor of waiving Bonner. Not sure where $778k going the other way.

Finally, not unusual that Spurs bring in players in the middle of the season. When did Aaron Baynes come in?

Again, if your math differs, it's because you're wrong.

Major hint: With one exception, the taxable amount is whatever the team has on it's cap that year. So Bonner's tax is $947k x 1.5 = # 1.421 Million. You don't tax the part the league is paying.

Second one, I'm going to have to disagree with Mel here. Bonner is guaranteed $794k to the best of my knowledge. I haven't found an alternative source that's said it was supposed to be $749k (mainly because even then that amount of money corresponds to AFTER 1/10, so the idea that the Spurs are guaranteeing him up until 1/10 is wrong). $75k is hardly worth haggling over, though.

Third, rookies count for the same amount of money as second-year vets for tax purposes (and only for tax purposes). So Lalanne would account for 94/169 (the remainder of the season) x the second-year vet min of $947, which is $527k. Then multiply that by the 1.5 tax, and you get $790k. You add that to his prorated rookie salary of $292k, and you get $1.080 Million.

So Bonner costs $947k x 2.5 to keep = $2.368 Million.

Waiving him any time before 1/25 costs $794k x 2.5 in dead money = $1.985 Million.

As discussed, signing Cady on 1/10 costs $1.080 Million.

So in total you get $1.985 Million + $1.080 Million - $2.368 Million

= $3.065 Million - $2.368 Million = $697k

So I guess I was off by about $80k (I got $313k for Cady's prorated min rather than the more appropriate $292k and there was some rounding error -- :lol at me). But yes, the Spurs save money by keeping Bonner.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 09:55 PM
Again, if your math differs, it's because you're wrong.

Major hint: With one exception, the taxable amount is whatever the team has on it's cap that year. So Bonner's tax is $947k x 1.5 = # 1.421 Million. You don't tax the part the league is paying.

Second one, I'm going to have to disagree with Mel here. Bonner is guaranteed $794k to the best of my knowledge. I haven't found an alternative source that's said it was supposed to be $749k (mainly because even then that amount of money corresponds to AFTER 1/10, so the idea that the Spurs are guaranteeing him up until 1/10 is wrong). $75k is hardly worth haggling over, though.

Third, rookies count for the same amount of money as second-year vets for tax purposes (and only for tax purposes). So Lalanne would account for 94/169 (the remainder of the season) x the second-year vet min of $947, which is $527k. Then multiply that by the 1.5 tax, and you get $790k. You add that to his prorated rookie salary of $292k, and you get $1.080 Million.

So Bonner costs $947k x 2.5 to keep = $2.368 Million.

Waiving him any time before 1/25 costs $794k x 2.5 in dead money = $1.985 Million.

As discussed, signing Cady on 1/10 costs $1.080 Million.

So in total you get $1.985 Million + $1.080 Million - $2.368 Million

= $3.065 Million - $2.368 Million = $697k

So I guess I was off by about $80k (I got $313k for Cady's prorated min rather than the more appropriate $292k and there was some rounding error -- :lol at me). But yes, the Spurs save money by keeping Bonner.

Well, I am not certain about the two sections that I marked as bold. The second one really doesn't sound to be right. In fact you cheat a bit here by throwing in the second year plus presumable a second year luxury tax. Wow,you must be an accountant by trade!

Mel_13
12-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Bonner defiled the mosque tonight.

ceperez
12-14-2015, 11:11 PM

No better motivation than fear of losing your job.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2015, 11:13 PM
No better motivation than fear of losing your job.Looked utterly relaxed out there tbh.

Chinook
12-14-2015, 11:59 PM
In fact you cheat a bit here by throwing in the second year plus presumable a second year luxury tax. Wow,you must be an accountant by trade!

Mel has linked you to the CBA FAQ time and again. If you had read it once, you'd know why I used the second-year min instead of the rookie min to calculate the tax for Lalanne (but despite your objection, I used the rookie min to calculate Cady's salary). If you're a legit poster, you will postpone your inquiry and read the link before commenting on this issue again. The fact that you keep arguing from a place of ignorance makes it unsatisfying to discourse with you.

Mel_13
12-15-2015, 01:13 AM
http://i.imgbox.com/Qa7d2BP6.gif

playbonner15
12-15-2015, 01:46 AM

playbonner15
12-15-2015, 01:46 AM

DJR210
12-15-2015, 01:49 AM

:lol his fucking move

*Edit - just saw the behind the back dribble.. :lol again what the fuck

ceperez
12-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Another good game by Cady Lalanne: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20151217/ausrgv/

31 mins
8-16 fga
2-5 3 points
+/- +27
15 rebounds
1 steal
1 turnover
4 blocks
20 points

Just for comparison, Ray McCallum

5-14 fga
2-7 3 points
+/- +6
3 blocked attempts

yet another disappointing game by Ray in the D-leagues.

Kawhitstorm
12-18-2015, 04:23 PM
A
Just for comparison, Ray McCallum

5-14 fga
2-7 3 points
+/- +6
3 blocked attempts

yet another disappointing game by Ray in the D-leagues.

Ray is the Austin Daye of the current roster so he might as well not be mentioned:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Ray is the Austin Daye of the current roster so he might as well not be mentioned:lol

McCallum is at least athletic and strong.

ceperez
12-18-2015, 05:02 PM
McCallum is at least athletic and strong.

but with T-Rex arms.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2015, 05:19 PM
but with T-Rex arms.

oh it's you.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2015, 05:22 PM
oh it's you.lol

timtonymanu
12-18-2015, 05:48 PM

Ray is much better. Daye was easily the worst player on last year's team and that's saying something when you had 2015 Porker and Errors on the team at the time.

ceperez
02-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Read this piece:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240773/Kawhi-Leonard-Has-Largest-Wingspan-Ratio-Of-Any-All-Star-In-Past-15-Years

“The ideal player,” said Bob Myers, “would be 6-foot-8 with a 7-foot-6 wingspan and still be able to shoot.”

Cady Lalanne profile shows: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Cady-Lalanne-40774/

6' 8.25" - 7' 5" wingspan - shooting 35.8% from the 3 - http://www.basketball-reference.com/dleague/players/l/lalanca01d.html

Will need to improve, but interesting measurements.

spurraider21
02-12-2016, 05:15 PM
36% in the d-league isn't good enough yet. but the bright side is that he is taking 4 attempts a game, so it's clearly a point of emphasis. he could be a nice piece down the road... i have higher hopes for him than LJC

Skull-1
02-12-2016, 06:18 PM
sold, tbh

You teaching peeps how to behead non-Muslimes in your mosque?

:nope

ceperez
03-16-2016, 01:01 PM
A video on Cady Lalanne's deportation back to Haiti:

http://www.businessinsider.com/basketball-players-incredible-journey-2016-3

ElNono
03-16-2016, 01:32 PM
powerful story, tbh... wish the kid well, I think that kind of hardship is what the Spurs look for...

UNT Eagles 2016
03-16-2016, 01:45 PM
:lol his fucking move

*Edit - just saw the behind the back dribble.. :lol again what the fuck

Could Rasual Butler do that?

ceperez
03-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Oh... Cady had a good game http://dleague.nba.com/games/20160314/aussxf/

4-7 from 3 point land, 24 points and 9 rebounds.

spurraider21
03-16-2016, 04:04 PM
shooting 34% from 3 on the season.. in the d-league

he's not even close, sadly

BackHome
03-16-2016, 04:43 PM
He is a prospect he is not a top five draft pick. SMH

Mnky
03-16-2016, 08:54 PM

Chinook
03-16-2016, 09:21 PM

That's working against him.

ElNono
03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
shooting 34% from 3 on the season.. in the d-league

he's not even close, sadly

I don't even want him to be another Matt Bonner, tbh... plus with Boban in the fold and West probably likely to return next season, he's 2-3 years away

4down
03-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Do you think he has the ability to contribute down the road? haven't seen enough to make a fair judgment.

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Better stretch 4 than Bonner

SAGirl
03-17-2016, 07:38 PM
It seemed like when he was drafted, that him having a nice jump shot and the potential to be a 3 pt. shooter at his size was the most interesting aspect about his game.

From not having shot the 3 at all in college to making 34% or so in his first season is actually a great improvement, specially when he's shooting them in volume, but probably not good enough for the NBA yet. But he still has time. A lot of months and workouts to improve his shot.

I'd also like to see the rest of his game.

Drom John
02-28-2017, 05:11 PM
https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/836666401712705536

David Pick‏ @IAmDPick 2h2 hours ago

Former San Antonio draftee Cady Lalanne, gold-winner in Puerto Rico, has re-signed with Capitanes De Arecibo, according to source.

jyra
08-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Spurtacular
08-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Wasted pick.

Chinook
08-18-2017, 09:49 AM
I wish Cady were three years younger. As it is, this is probably the beginning of his physical prime. He was the team's best big in the SL. But the upside just isn't there.

Maddog
08-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Wasted pick.

Definitely
Missed out on Branden Dawson* drafted right after him!

* Only player drafted after Cady to play in an NBA game (total of 6 Games). In fact the 8 players taken before Cady have yet to play in the NBA

Spurtacular
08-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Definitely
Missed out on Branden Dawson* drafted right after him!

* Only player drafted after Cady to play in an NBA game (total of 6 Games). In fact the 8 players taken before Cady have yet to play in the NBA

That's why you trade away your seconds when there's nobody you like. Better have chips down the road than trash now.

TheDoctor
08-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Cersei sends her regards Lalanne...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-27-2016/kiAzr5.gif

Keepin' it real
08-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Wasted pick.

Yup. There's no excuse for ever getting a draft pick wrong ... EVER!!! 

:wakeup

Keepin' it real
08-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Cady's not too bad. He just needs to run alot faster, shoot alot better and play much better defense.

sasaint
08-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Cady's not too bad. He just needs to run alot faster, shoot alot better and play much better defense.

:lol I concur, Mrs. Lincoln.

Maddog
08-18-2017, 01:58 PM
That's why you trade away your seconds when there's nobody you like. Better have chips down the road than trash now.

Good Point
Those 50-60 picks are in high demand.

ace3g
06-04-2019, 07:23 PM
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1136062623714332673

BatManu20
06-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Will never sniff the NBA imo. He’s a scrub.