PDA

View Full Version : OT: Boxing is such a joke

Splits
06-28-2015, 12:24 AM
Watch the video at the link. Just ridiculous.

Referee Botches End Of Title Bout; Timothy Bradley Takes WBO Belt (http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/referee-botches-end-of-title-bout-timothy-bradley-take-1714462583)

Referee Pat Russell stopped tonight’s Timothy Bradley-Jessie Vargas title fight before the final bell, believing the bout to be over and stripping Vargas of his chance to knock out a clearly dazed Bradley in the last seconds.

Russell pulled Vargas off Bradley with ten seconds remaining in the fight, just as Vargas was ready to strike a knockout blow; Vargas, believing the fight had been stopped in his favor, began a lengthy celebration. But fight officials determined the bout would go to the scorecards, which unanimously favored Timothy Bradley.

Bradley takes Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s vacated WBO welterweight title. Vargas asked for a deserved rematch; Bradley urged him to “talk to my people” as he walked away with the belt. It was Vargas’s first loss as a professional boxer.

K...
06-28-2015, 12:31 AM
Don't they get like 100 rounds to knock out their opponent? I mean dude has his chances..

But boxing is suck..where are all the great boxing fans these days? There has been dozens of fights since may weather stole yalls money.

Strange Love
06-28-2015, 01:27 AM
Don't they get like 100 rounds to knock out their opponent? I mean dude has his chances..

But boxing is suck..where are all the great boxing fans these days? There has been dozens of fights since may weather stole yalls money.

Dont know much about Boxing but the first 5 or six rounds are all about tiring your oponent and setting him up.

Unless you're a beast that can take out people in the first round or two, it really doesn't pay to go for haymakers early on.

stxspurs
06-28-2015, 10:53 AM
boxing has sucked for awhile....came across BKB boxing prelims last night. it was unwatchable.

DMC
06-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Dont know much about Boxing but the first 5 or six rounds are all about tiring your oponent and setting him up.

Unless you're a beast that can take out people in the first round or two, it really doesn't pay to go for haymakers early on.
Stick to that

Strange Love
06-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Stick to that

Got it fattie.

Stabula
06-28-2015, 06:35 PM
I saw the fight, absolute bullshit that Vargas had such an incredible opportunity stolen from him by a geriatric ref that had no business being there. That overhand right was the single strongest punch Bradley has ever been hit with his whole career.

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 06:44 PM
I saw the fight, absolute bullshit that Vargas had such an incredible opportunity stolen from him by a geriatric ref that had no business being there. That overhand right was the single strongest punch Bradley has ever been hit with his whole career.

Yet he didn't even come close to going down. Bradley dominated that kid and took the belt in the process. Kid landed a good shot with 15 seconds left and the refs made a bad call. Get over it.

Trill Clinton
06-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Yet he didn't even come close to going down. Bradley dominated that kid and took the belt in the process. Kid landed a good shot with 15 seconds left and the refs made a bad call. Get over it.

This. Bradley was winning the entire fight and took that punch like a champ.

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 08:12 PM
This. Bradley was winning the entire fight and took that punch like a champ.

Hey... did you just happen to call in a show of one of the most hated black men in America?

Oh... and that bitch ass Dirrell costed me 4 grand. I made it back with Porter beating Broner and hit for Bradley over the mexican.

Cry Havoc
06-28-2015, 08:13 PM

Would Naruto beat Bradley in a fight?

Trill Clinton
06-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Hey... did you just happen to call in a show of one of the most hated black men in America?

Oh... and that bitch ass Dirrell costed me 4 grand. I made it back with Porter beating Broner and hit for Bradley over the mexican.
Nah fam, just got off the plane. What show? Tariq's?

At least u made your money back on porter. Sloppy fight tho.

Stabula
06-28-2015, 08:40 PM

Bradley dominated rounds 6-10 because Vargas didn't have the level of conditioning required to go the distance. Don't know why he was so gassed but he clearly was exhausted. Vargas and Bradley are overall very evenly matched fighters but you're full of shit when you say Bradley wasn't even close to going down, just look at the footage. Bradley was only barely conscious after that punch, his legs could barely hold his weight. All Vargas needed was 1 more clean shot and 15 seconds was more than enough to find that punch.

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Nah fam, just got off the plane. What show? Tariq's?

At least u made your money back on porter. Sloppy fight tho.

Sotomayor.

Who you like in this one. Mauricio Herrera (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=422176&cat=boxer) vs. Henry Lundy (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=360267&cat=boxer)

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Bradley dominated rounds 6-10 because Vargas didn't have the level of conditioning required to go the distance. Don't know why he was so gassed but he clearly was exhausted. Vargas and Bradley are overall very evenly matched fighters but you're full of shit when you say Bradley wasn't even close to going down, just look at the footage. Bradley was only barely conscious after that punch, his legs could barely hold his weight. All Vargas needed was 1 more clean shot and 15 seconds was more than enough to find that punch.

Bradley was rocked and his knees buckled but Bradley is a beast for his size. He recovered quickly and tied Vargas up. The fight was over at that point.

Thread
06-28-2015, 09:00 PM
I remember that movie during Max Baer's reign as champion. He fought somebody and hit him so hard it knocked his brain loose from the stem and it was just floating around inside his skull.

Trill Clinton
06-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Sotomayor.

Who you like in this one. Mauricio Herrera (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=422176&cat=boxer) vs. Henry Lundy (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=360267&cat=boxer)

Fucc Tommy.

Juventud herrera got that.

Trill Clinton
06-28-2015, 09:20 PM

He wasn't going down. Bradley is a warrior. Any other fighter would have went down but he ate it and stayed up. If Bradley was a few inches taller he'd be a top 5 fighter

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Fucc Tommy.

Juventud herrera got that.

You handled yourself well. Tommy is an emotional brotha with a vendetta.

InRareForm
06-29-2015, 01:14 AM
no way bradely going down with just 7 seconds left.