PDA

View Full Version : Surprises galore at 2015 US Athletics Track and Field Championships in Oregon

TheRunningMan
06-28-2015, 10:13 AM
http://newsfirst.lk/english/2015/06/surprises-galore-at-us-athletics-track-and-field-championships-in-oregon/101850

http://newsfirst.lk/english/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/hi-res-150007560_crop_north.jpg

Allyson Felix took a surprise victory in the women’s 400 metres at the US Athletics Track and Field Championships in Oregon yesterday. This year’s world leader Francene McCorory missed out of the World Championships after fading into fourth.

The United States Athletics Track and Field Championships continued in Eugene, Oregon with only the first three in each final, qualifying for the World Championships in Beijing in August.

Jenna Prandini showed no hangover from her disappointment in Friday’s 100 metres final as she ran a personal best of 22.18 seconds in the heats of the 200 metres. Shamier Little was the fastest qualifier in the 400 metres hurdles in 54.14 seconds.

There was another surprise in the men’s 400 metres as David Verburg edged out defending world champion LaShawn Merritt to take his first national title in 44.63 seconds.

Allyson was in perfect form.

Blake
06-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Too bad there's nobody here that's knowledgeable about track and field

cantthinkofanything
06-28-2015, 11:04 PM
Did any white people place in any sprints? Did Pee Pee the Kidnapper win the high jump?

No? Then no real surprises.

Avante
07-06-2015, 04:38 PM
The big news here was the emergence of Canadian sprinter Andre DeGraase from USC. His times in the 100/200 were the fastest ever ran at these Championships, but a tad bit windy.

He had already ran the first sub10.00 ever ran by a Trojan sprinter and no school has a stronger sprint tradition than USC. And the cat is just a junior, if he does return to USC (shoe companies already after him) he will leave the NCAA as the 100/200 record holder. He also broke the Canadian 200m record this season, but it was a bit soft. I do look for him to become the first sub 20.00 Canadian this season.

And, this was only his third year of sprinting, he didn't run HS track.

Then there was Jenna Prandini the first white female sprinter to win a sprint (200m) at our nationals for decades. She joined two other Oregon female sprinters on our World team.

One of the great explosions in NCAA history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCZMzDEAxY

cantthinkofanything
07-06-2015, 04:40 PM
The big news here was the emergence of Canadian sprinter Andre DeGraase from USC. His times in the 100/200 were the fastest ever ran at these Championships, but a tad bit windy.

He had already ran the first sub10.00 ever ran by a Trojan sprinter and no school has a stronger sprint tradition than USC. And the cat is just a junior, if he does return to USC (shoe companies already after him) he will leave the NCAA as the 100/200 record holder. He also broke the Canadian 200m record this season, but it was a bit soft. I do look for him to become the first sub 20.00 Canadian this season.

Then there was Jenna Prandini the first white female sprinter to win a sprint (200m) at our nationals for decades. She joined two other Oregon female sprinters on our World team.

welcome back peckerhead. Hey...I need you to start a thread for me.

Avante
07-06-2015, 04:48 PM
welcome back peckerhead. Hey...I need you to start a thread for me.

I'd rather talk about the All Time USC 100m

lane

1.Frank Wykoff the first 9.4
2.Mel Patton the first 9.3
3.Howard Drew the first "Worlds Fastest Human" and the first black sprinter to hold a sprint WR
4.James Sanford top ranked sprinter in the world in 1979
5.Andre DeGrasse school record holder 100m/Canadian
6.Don Quarrie 1976 Olympic silver medalist/Jamaican
7.Lennox Miller 1968 Olympic silver nedalist/Jamaican
8.Charles Paddock 1920 Olympic gold medalist

sandman
07-07-2015, 09:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCZMzDEAxY

Uh, DeGrasse wasn't at this event. Were you referring to the NCAA Championships instead of the USATF Championships?

Nice to see Baylor sophomore Trayvon Bromell finish 2nd in the 100m and be able to represent at Worlds.

pgardn
07-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Avante wants a Canadian on the U.S. Squad.

Avante
07-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Uh, DeGrasse wasn't at this event. Were you referring to the NCAA Championships instead of the USATF Championships?

Nice to see Baylor sophomore Trayvon Bromell finish 2nd in the 100m and be able to represent at Worlds.

Yep, was thinking NCCA.

I have my fingers crossed that Bromell stays in school at least one more year, he is just a soph. I do believe with these real young guys (19) that they get more out of the college experience. There they run both sprints and the relay.

And, he and DeGrasse will push each other to some great times at the NCAA's.

Avante
07-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Avante wants a Canadian on the U.S. Squad.

Avante was thinking NCAA for some reason..???

Justin Gatlins 19.57 was the ..WOW!...at our Nationals. That's one of the fastest times ever ran. Gatlin the one to beat in both sprints in 2015, actualy nobody else really close now that Bolt is out.

pgardn
07-07-2015, 04:05 PM

More likely you had your mind on citrus fruit lacking vision.
Farsighted Tangerine Watson.

pgardn
07-07-2015, 04:07 PM

Justin Gatlins 19.57 was the ..WOW!...at our Nationals. That's one of the fastest times ever ran. Gatlin the one to beat in both sprints in 2015, actualy nobody else really close now that Bolt is out.

Is he still juicing with Blind Lemon Bundt?

Avante
07-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Is he still juicing with Blind Lemon Bundt?

Dude, we all get it, ok? You're an idiot, alright?

pgardn
07-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Says the track guy trying to steal a Canadian college athlete for the U.S. Team...

cantthinkofanything
07-07-2015, 05:03 PM

Heads up...you better stay out of Subway...they're on to you guys

Avante
07-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Says the track guy trying to steal a Canadian college athlete for the U.S. Team...

Don't make a big deal out of it guy, simple mistake. Don't freak out over it ok?

Her ya go amigo.

All Time Canadian 100m

1.Ben Johnson
2.Bruny Surin
3.Andre DeGrasse
4.Donovan Bailey
5,Harry Jerome
6.Percy Williams
7.Desai Williams
8.Atlee Mahorn

Avante
07-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Heads up...you better stay out of Subway...they're on to you guys

Huh~~~~~~~~

pgardn
07-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Don't make a big deal out of it guy, simple mistake. Don't freak out over it ok?

Her ya go amigo.

All Time Canadian 100m

1.Ben Johnson
2.Bruny Surin
3.Andre DeGrasse
4.Donovan Bailey
5,Harry Jerome
6.Percy Williams
7.Desai Williams
8.Atlee Mahorn

You do admire the juicers.

Avante
07-07-2015, 05:18 PM
You do admire the juicers.

Who said anything about admire? That's simply the best Canadians at 100m.

pgardn
07-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Who said anything about admire? That's simply the best Canadians at 100m.

ben Johnson was riding a chemical motorcycle

So let's move now to the great East German women of swimming. Y chromosome anyone?

Avante
07-07-2015, 11:42 PM
ben Johnson was riding a chemical motorcycle

So let's move now to the great East German women of swimming. Y chromosome anyone?

Who cares?

My whole football team was doing speed and I'm talking high school.

Avante
07-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Something I had never seen in all my years of watching this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87o_lBv0gc

Our mens 4x1 team of.....(2015 SB)

Mike Rodgers 9.90
Tyson Gay 9.88
Justin Gatlin 9.74
Trayvon Bromell 9.84

...on a whole other level in 2015. No othe countries even remotely close to that.