PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Rockets Fans: What Do You Think About The Christian Wood's Kid?

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 07:15 PM
You signed him to your summer league squad after he failed to get drafted. I'll give you the backdrop. The kid was a sophomore out of UNLV. Averaged 16 points 10 boards, 2 blocks. He has raw talent but has earned a rep of being lazy. I personally think most kids his age are lazy, but what I can tell you is he's been working overtime to become an NBA player since 7th grade. I know his family. His dad bailed on him and his mom when he was a child. Dad had a failed basketball career and moved to Cleveland to start a new family. Little did dad realize... his son that he never visited grew to be a 6'8 freshman in high school. Some scouts in Vegas convinced his mom to move him from Cali to Vegas for his last two years in HS. Meanwhile, his dad is a youth coach in Cleveland and has two promising sons with dreams of playing in the NBA. One of the sons picks up a newspaper and notices a strong resemblance of Christian and himself. He brings this to the attention of his dad... dad replies... THAT'S MY SON!!! The fucking deadbeat breaks his neck getting back to the west coast to rekindle a relationship with his son but it didn't work.

The kid has skills but he lacks muscle and strength. He was predicted to go high first round but some scout really trashed his name with some GM's and he fell out of the draft. Good kid... has never been in trouble but should have spent another year in college. Horrible advice from his money hungry agent by coming out. I warned his mother. What do you think about this kid?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4i-51Q0DfiHZ2-vlQVYxaMw1-Vy7rSRIAV6jI5P4_tbbKylbr

Hyt5McHmIKg

djohn2oo8
06-28-2015, 07:31 PM
It's a low risk, very high reward move. All of the scouting reports said he should have been a lottery pick, but attitude issues held him back.

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2015, 07:35 PM
It's a low risk, very high reward move. All of the scouting reports said he should have been a lottery pick, but attitude issues held him back.

He doesn't have a bad attitude. He's a mommas boy. Probably has never made his bed or cleaned his room. He's an Anthony Davis lite. He's going to get in the weight room with Howard. Post game is very shaky, but has great touch from the outside and finishes strong at the rim.

Koolaid_Man
06-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Reminds me of Shaqs dad on the Ricki Lake show asking for money and saying his siblings wanted to meet him....:lmao

Shaq wrote this song in response..:lmao:lmao

6kyDKBpq2g4

djohn2oo8
06-28-2015, 07:55 PM
He doesn't have a bad attitude. He's a mommas boy. Probably has never made his bed or cleaned his room. He's an Anthony Davis lite. He's going to get in the weight room with Howard. Post game is very shaky, but has great touch from the outside and finishes strong at the rim.

Yeah I like his potential. The Rockets' do a great job with developing players with their D-league affiliate, that he could play there for a bit and get some playing time first. We'll see how summer league goes too.