PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner interview with Michelle Beadle

baseline bum
06-29-2015, 08:45 AM
rlarLA85SYk

Ocotillo
06-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like he thinks he's coming back. As tight as money will be pursuing LMA, we will need some minimum salary guys.

Seventyniner
06-29-2015, 09:19 AM
So Beadle says Bonner acts like a pothead without actually toking. Wow.

RD2191
06-29-2015, 09:28 AM
I can't support Beadle after her stupid feminist meltdowns.

Kawhi
06-29-2015, 09:29 AM

Old School 44
06-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Say what you will about Matt, but he's seems like a great guy. You can tell Michelle really is a fan of the game. I really like her casual interviewing style.

loveforthegame
06-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Of course he'll be back. He's the first agent the Spurs will visit. Gotta lock him up before someone else does.

spurspokesman
06-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Waste of cap space tbh. Besides that he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

K...
06-29-2015, 10:11 AM

Faggot. At a minimum let other adults have their opinion without prejudice unless it harms you. Two, grow up

Mugen
06-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Wasting a roster spot for a stretch 4 that can't stretch the floor.

I know the guys like having him around so why not give him some token asst. coach role like they gave to Becky tbh.

peacemaker885
06-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Red Rocket - Spurs for life.

Richie
06-29-2015, 10:46 AM
No reason not to bring him back next season for the minimum. We'll need bodies either way

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2015, 11:54 AM

I know the guys like having him around so why not give him some token asst. coach role like they gave to Becky tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Bigs don't even respect his jump shot anymore, and he still passes up wide open 3's.

Cut him and bring someone like Charlie Villanueva, Jason Smith, Shawn Williams or something :sleep

ElNono
06-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Just go away, please... .smh

look_at_g_shred
06-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Bigs don't even respect his jump shot anymore, and he still passes up wide open 3's.

Cut him and bring someone like Charlie Villanueva, Jason Smith, Shawn Williams or something :sleep
Co fucking signed :tu

Darius Bieber
06-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Just put him on the coaching staff already

baseline bum
06-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Waste of cap space tbh. Besides that he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

It won't cost them cap space. I believe the CBA allows teams to resign players they renounce but only at minimum salaries, and Bonner already said he'd be looking for minimum salary.

baseline bum
06-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Also, damn Michelle looks good in that warmup.

baseline bum
06-29-2015, 12:23 PM

This is Bonner, not Parker. I'm fine with Bonner at the minimum to eat regular season minutes. Not really ok with Parker at $14.5 million to eat triple bacon Whataburgers though tbh.

lefty20
06-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Honestly not sure why ppl hate the idea of him coming back for the vet min.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2015, 12:41 PM
Co fucking signed :tu
He always kills us, tbh. I'd take him over Bonner in a heartbeat :lol

http://youtu.be/si42A_Z65ko

BatManu20
06-29-2015, 12:47 PM
The Red Rocket will be back for another season, tbh, at the Vet Min. Then he'll take an asst. coaching position with us after that. Bonner will will be a Spur for a long time, tbh.

Beaverfuzz
06-29-2015, 01:29 PM

Bonner to take Pendergraph's spot.

Sean Cagney
06-29-2015, 01:49 PM

^^^ This. Some will say need someone to fill out the roster, why not try someone else who can actually do something out there now?
Honestly not sure why ppl hate the idea of him coming back for the vet min.

Because they can bring someone else in at the vet minimum who can actually play some at this point? The contract is not bad but he sucks.

RD2191
06-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Faggot. At a minimum let other adults have their opinion without prejudice unless it harms you. Two, grow up
Shut the fuck before I kick your old dusty ass.

Godbama
06-29-2015, 02:32 PM
seems like a good time to repost this :lol
http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2015/06/pelicans_have_no_need_for_pf_b.html

don't go there, you'll get their MRA panties tied up lmao

SpurPadre
06-29-2015, 03:32 PM
He'll eventually be the longest tenured Spur of all-time, factoring in 3-4 more years as a player, then a few years in the coaching staff, then head coach, and ultimately the owner. When he dies, they will name the stadium after him. Like AIDS, there is simply no cure from Matt Bonner.

Trill Clinton
06-29-2015, 04:04 PM
25min matt bonner interview?

http://i62.tinypic.com/2u9lvde.gif

HI-FI
06-29-2015, 05:00 PM
This is Bonner, not Parker. I'm fine with Bonner at the minimum to eat regular season minutes. Not really ok with Parker at $14.5 million to eat triple bacon Whataburgers though tbh.

Mikeanaro
06-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Just leave, any new kid can be more productive than this red headed caveman.

Nathan89
06-29-2015, 05:17 PM
don't go there, you'll get their MRA panties tied up lmao

Maj_G
06-29-2015, 05:34 PM
I watched this morning, thanks for posting! Matt is such a cool guy, down to earth with a great sense of humor. Michelle on the other side was trying to stir up shit, whether that was Pop, pot or calling out former teammates. Matt took the high road, what a classy guy.

Nathan89
06-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Thanks for posting. Pretty good interview.

spurraider21
06-29-2015, 05:37 PM
maybe if we keep talking about it, parker's contract will change

HI-FI
06-29-2015, 05:45 PM
maybe if we keep talking about it, parker's contract will change
I realize you're pulling a Chump but seeing how stubborn Pop is, if he read our complaints he'd just have RC add some zeros to the contract.

spurraider21
06-29-2015, 05:49 PM
I realize you're pulling a Chump but seeing how stubborn Pop is, if he read our complaints he'd just have RC add some zeros to the contract.
my point is that contracts in the nba can't be redone. parker's contract is ass, and it's common knowledge.

Dex
06-29-2015, 05:53 PM
My hate of Bonner the player has been well documented around here, though it has lessened over the past couple seasons when Pop is playing him appropriately.

But Bonner the person is a pretty cool dude, tbh...Would love to see him stick around in some capacity, but not sure if he is worth the roster spot anymore unless the Spurs are just absolutely hurting for bodies at the end of free agency, which will probably only happen if they blow their wad on LMA. If Aldridge goes else where and the Spurs are bringing back the old squad, I'd rather see some young new talent in Bonner's place.

baseline bum
06-29-2015, 05:58 PM
My hate of Bonner the player has been well documented around here, though it has lessened over the past couple seasons when Pop is playing him appropriately.

But Bonner the person is a pretty cool dude, tbh...Would love to see him stick around in some capacity, but not sure if he is worth the roster spot anymore unless the Spurs are just absolutely hurting for bodies at the end of free agency, which will probably only happen if they blow their wad on LMA. If Aldridge goes else where and the Spurs are bringing back the old squad, I'd rather see some young new talent in Bonner's place.

My hate for Bonner the player ended in the 2013 first round when Diaw was injured and he did a credible job eating minutes against Gasol and Howard. In a limited role he is pretty nice. He was a huge part of forcing OKC to play Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka too many minutes to close out Game 4 of the 14 WCF when the starters were getting blown out. No one can tell me that wasn't a huge part of getting that blowout win in Game 5 when OKC's stars were just dying while the Spurs' main guys were all fresh as hell. He gave the team some quality minutes in Game 3 of the Finals against Miami too. And he is capable of eating regular season minutes. I think getting that for the league minimum that doesn't affect capspace even a penny is a pretty good deal, and I hope he's back.

benstanfield
06-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Pretty much exactly the type of player the Spurs will need to fill the roster with, should LMA sign.

I would be 100% on board for one more year of the Red Rocket. Everyone around the team seems to like him, he doesn't bitch about playing time, knows the system inside and out, and even last year was basically a replacement-level bench player. He didn't shoot up to his standards last year, but at this point in his career he barely even shoots. He spaces the floor and plays passable defense. For a team that will need to have like 5 minimum salary vets next year, just not being Caron Butler or James Jones-level finished will be an asset.

Godbama
06-29-2015, 07:45 PM
damn you're pretty feminine about feminism lol. panties twisted over panties :lol guess it's a 7,000 posts on an internet forum (lmao) thing, I wouldn't know

anyway Matt Bonner is definitely a serious FA concern :p:

K...
06-29-2015, 10:04 PM
damn you're pretty feminine about feminism lol. panties twisted over panties :lol guess it's a 7,000 posts on an internet forum (lmao) thing, I wouldn't know

anyway Matt Bonner is definitely a serious FA concern :p:

That was my post and I'm only going after Christian scooter boy. If I wanted to go sjw I wouldn't be blasting away at this pathetic board. Basically, my hobby this summer is calling rob a faggot when necessary. He basically volunteered that he's scared of woman in a thread about Matt bonner. That's almost as telling about insecurity as those folks in the nba forum talking about steroids and LeBron dick.

RD2191
06-29-2015, 10:27 PM
That was my post and I'm only going after Christian scooter boy. If I wanted to go sjw I wouldn't be blasting away at this pathetic board. Basically, my hobby this summer is calling rob a faggot when necessary. He basically volunteered that he's scared of woman in a thread about Matt bonner. That's almost as telling about insecurity as those folks in the nba forum talking about steroids and LeBron dick.
Shut up, old faggot.

FkLA
06-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Matty Ice is the heir apparent to Pop tbh.

K...
06-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Shut up, old faggot.

Oh, my ancient heart may not recover from that burn. Gonna have to call Medicare in the morning. Gotta tell the therapist about this.

RD2191
06-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Oh, my ancient heart may not recover from that burn. Gonna have to call Medicare in the morning. Gotta tell the therapist about this.
You do that old dusty bastard.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Just leave, any new kid can be more productive than this red headed caveman.

^^^^^ Great post, agreed.

SpurPadre
06-30-2015, 12:11 AM
My IBS will go away if this asshole leaves the team.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 12:13 AM

But Bonner the person is a pretty cool dude, tbh...Would love to see him stick around in some capacity, but not sure if he is worth the roster spot anymore unless the Spurs are just absolutely hurting for bodies at the end of free agency, which will probably only happen if they blow their wad on LMA. If Aldridge goes else where and the Spurs are bringing back the old squad, I'd rather see some young new talent in Bonner's place.I can agree with everything you said. If he is back his role is at the end of the bench and in certain situations and that is all I can stomach him. As a person he does seem very cool and I have nothing against him there, just not a big fan of his game and he has regressed a lot and can't really even hit wide open shots anymore but at the vet minimum if NOBODY else is available they can bring him back. I know he will be back anyways for another year so I might as well accept it and hope they bring in others.
My IBS will go away if this asshole leaves the team.

LOL me and you are not fans of this guy at all, good shit.

Uriel
06-30-2015, 12:16 AM
If people want to bring Bonner back because we need to fill out the rest of the roster with cheap contracts, then by the same logic, shouldn't we also bring back Ayres / Williams / Daye?

SpurPadre
06-30-2015, 12:20 AM
I can agree with everything you said. If he is back his role is at the end of the bench and in certain situations and that is all I can stomach him. As a person he does seem very cool and I have nothing against him there, just not a big fan of his game and he has regressed a lot and can't really even hit wide open shots anymore but at the vet minimum if NOBODY else is available they can bring him back. I know he will be back anyways for another year so I might as well accept it and hope they bring in others.

LOL me and you are not fans of this guy at all, good shit.

Yeah, my hatred towards him holds no bounds. I'd almost be more amped if we dumped him than for news that we landed Aldridge.

SilverSpur
06-30-2015, 12:28 AM
He'll be back, he will be a Spur for life. Good team mate , good person and will either be a assistant coach or have something to do with public relations.
SPUR FOR LIFE .

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 12:28 AM
Yeah, my hatred towards him holds no bounds. I'd almost be more amped if we dumped him than for news that we landed Aldridge.

We had a poster named Chazley who would argue for and was a fan of this bum... He really argued his value.

SpurPadre
06-30-2015, 12:39 AM
He'll be back, he will be a Spur for life. Good team mate , good person and will either be a assistant coach or have something to do with public relations.
SPUR FOR LIFE .

In 30-50 years, they will rename the team the San Antonio Bonners.

SpurPadre
06-30-2015, 12:40 AM
We had a poster named Chazley who would argue for and was a fan of this bum... He really argued his value.

I remember him. Insane but I'm more disturbed by that kid with the Bonner face haircut.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 12:42 AM
I remember him. Insane but I'm more disturbed by that kid with the Bonner face haircut.

Ehhhhhhh that kid is a damn ginger man so he has to look up to some kind of idol? Poor bastard. I bet he wishes there were actually a decent red head to look up to but unfortunately that is his only choice man.

buttsR4rebounding
06-30-2015, 01:54 PM
He'll be back because we will have several new faces and there will be a higher than normal (which is already very high) value on corporate knowledge. And secondly, to mentor Aldridge in the Spurs system at the 4 position. :p: