PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Lakers Should Go After Some Workman Like Dogs - Greg Monroe and Ed Davis

Koolaid_Man
06-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Cully helped me see the light....pass on Aldridge....even though I'd take DA...even though he's clearly not a max player....

Greg Monroe and Ed Davis would be devastating down low....tbh they are hardnose junkyard dog players that hustle with good offense....no hyperbole here...They would be tough to stop...

Greg Monroe - Upshaw- C
Julius Randle - / Ed Davis - PF
Swaggy P / Nance Jr. - SF
Kobe / Jordan Clarkson - SG
D'Angelo Russell / Jeremy Lin - PG

Thats a top 6 seed in the west

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Cully helped me see the light....pass on Aldridge....even though I'd take DA...even though he's clearly not a max player....

Greg Monroe and Ed Davis would be devastating down low....tbh they are hardnose junkyard dog players that hustle with good offense....no hyperbole here...They would be tough to stop...

Greg Monroe - Upshaw- C
Julius Randle - / Ed Davis - PF
Swaggy P / Nance Jr. - SF
Kobe / Jordan Clarkson - SG
D'Angelo Russell / Jeremy Lin - PG

Thats a top 6 seed in the west

Im ok with Lin staying but Swaggy needs to go ... throw a 2nd rounder at someone take on a contract but dont want him around this young team ...

DMC
06-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Now you guys want to talk basketball... now.

Koolaid_Man
06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Im ok with Lin staying but Swaggy needs to go ... throw a 2nd rounder at someone take on a contract but dont want him around this young team ...

Why? Swaggy does nothing Kobe doesn't let him..last year was a throwaway year so Kobe let him have his fun..this year will be different....

However if we land a FA big...then I'm all for getting rid of him and trying to sign Tobias Harris as a replacement....however if Jimmy Butler signs a 1 yr QO from the Bulls I say we keep Swaggy one more year as that means Jimmy Butler will be a Laker after next year

Koolaid_Man
06-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Now you guys want to talk basketball... now.

We always have you just chose to ignore our wisdom in a butthurt rage

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 11:37 AM
so you dont want aldridge because he's a loser but you want greg monroe and ed davis? :lol

hehateme
06-30-2015, 11:46 AM
At least if they sign Monroe at a discount compared to LA they can then afford a wheelbarrow so Kobe can push his ass down the court for defense. Then when Kobe gets "hurt" 30-40 games in they can use the same wheelbarrow to dump his ass on the bench so Russell doesn't break his other leg trying to pick him up.

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 11:55 AM
I wouldnt call aldridge a loser .. I just dont believe in paying non franchise pillars max money. I get the cap will go up, but I still don't care. He will want to be extended when it does and I wouldnt give him that ...

I hear Knicks may offer monroe more than we will so if that is the case he can go to Phil too. Let these players use LA to drive up their value and let's let these teams overspend in a few years we will have the cap flex to absorb a disgruntled legit star while these guys overpay for big names ...we give our young guys a chance to develop ... paying a guy max money doesnt turn them in to a better player in most cases players get worse ... and we arent winning a title next year no matter who we sign.

Pelicans78
06-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Why not just bring in Haywoode Workman?

Thread
06-30-2015, 12:36 PM
There is a bevy of "Greg Monroe and Ed Davis." 10 minutes with that list I threaded and it is obvious we'll remain where we are. We have no anchor talent. None. Kobe is no longer anchor talent.

Raven
06-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Monroe is imo the best bargain available in this years free agency. i hoped we could sign him for a contract 4/5 per year less than aldridge so we could keep green and cojo but it's not going to happen..

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Monroe is imo the best bargain available in this years free agency. i hoped we could sign him for a contract 4/5 per year less than aldridge so we could keep green and cojo but it's not going to happen..

Me too ... on both accounts. Knicks gonna drive his price up ...

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 02:07 PM
There is a bevy of "Greg Monroe and Ed Davis." 10 minutes with that list I threaded and it is obvious we'll remain where we are. We have no anchor talent. None. Kobe is no longer anchor talent.

You are correct sir. So let's enjoy the young kids. think of the Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Vlade, Elden, Ceballos, Peeler Lakers ... fun team. no threat to do shit when it matters but we developed those guys until we could dish them out to get Horry, Fox, Harper, Shaw etc. Have to buildup your assets first. It's also why the pick of Russell makes if we play uptempo and these kids can get numbers we can then sucker some GM to give us what we need.

Thread
06-30-2015, 02:11 PM
You are correct sir. So let's enjoy the young kids. think of the Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Vlade, Elden, Ceballos, Peeler Lakers ... fun team. no threat to do shit when it matters but we developed those guys until we could dish them out to get Horry, Fox, Harper, Shaw etc. Have to buildup your assets first. It's also why the pick of Russell makes if we play uptempo and these kids can get numbers we can then sucker some GM to give us what we need.

I won't enjoy, Killa......I will endure. We have no other choice. My solace? Watching mine enemies fail, suffer catastrophic events, be repudiated. That's my gruel. My sustenance. It thrills my soul. Is it better than ringing? No. But, it's butt up against it.

Gruel

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 02:15 PM
I won't enjoy, Killa......I will endure. We have no other choice. My solace? Watching mine enemies fail, suffer catastrophic events, be repudiated. That's my gruel. My sustenance. It thrills my soul. Is it better than ringing? No. But, it's butt up against it.

Gruel

I get ya ...fueled by hate like a Sith Lord, Cully?
Me i am focused on the team our team. I will root against the Celts and ocasionally battle Spur fan on here byt my focus is on getting to 18 before the Celts do ... in the end, I dont give a shit about the rest of the teams I look above not below. If we chasing the celts no one from behind can catch us.

RsxPiimp
06-30-2015, 02:17 PM
I want Ed Davis back. He was one of the few bright spots in LA. I love the kids attitude. He'll finally be utilized with a PG like Russell.

Thread
06-30-2015, 02:27 PM
I get ya ...fueled by hate like a Sith Lord, Cully?
Me i am focused on the team our team. I will root against the Celts and ocasionally battle Spur fan on here byt my focus is on getting to 18 before the Celts do ... in the end, I dont give a shit about the rest of the teams I look above not below. If we chasing the celts no one from behind can catch us.

I know. I know you, Killa. And that's fine. You're able to do that. I see you legitimately debate with the fellows (Amb in particular) and I commend you for your grace, patience, intelligence and acumen. So, it makes logical sense that you do not hate as I do. It's simply not in you.

Killa

P.s., that is why you are our Sergeant-at-Arms.

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 02:45 PM
I want Ed Davis back. He was one of the few bright spots in LA. I love the kids attitude. He'll finally be utilized with a PG like Russell.

agreed. Liked him too.

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 02:47 PM
I know. I know you, Killa. And that's fine. You're able to do that. I see you legitimately debate with the fellows (Amb in particular) and I commend you for your grace, patience, intelligence and acumen. So, it makes logical sense that you do not hate as I do. It's simply not in you.

Killa

P.s., that is why you are our Sergeant-at-Arms.

Much Respect, Thread. Maybe if I had the gifts you had I would do the same ... but you the trend setter and you set trends.
And if you Kool and Luva want to set this place aflame with your piss and vinegar I respect that too ...