PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Reason Kobe is so popular in Asia

ambchang
06-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Japanese women flock to zoo to see Shabani the handsome gorilla

Gorillas have long been admired for having many interesting features, but handsome good looks isn’t something that often comes to mind.

Unless you’re one of the many women in Japan that have been flocking to see Shabani the studly gorilla at the Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens in Nagoya, Japan.

Shabani, the Western Lowland gorilla, has captured the hearts of many young Japanese women and they’ve been lining up ever since just to get a glimpse.

The 18-year-old silverback, who weighs around 180 kilograms, has been living at the zoo since 2007 but not until recently has the gorilla gained so much popularity.

Link --> (https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/japanese-gorilla-is-attracting-the-attention-of-183123106.html)

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 12:50 PM
.5/10 only because it was slightly racist u got the .5

Bynumite
06-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Speaking of Kobe's popularity, his jersey outsold the cuck's jersey from April to June and he didn't even play half the season :lol

ambchang
06-30-2015, 12:58 PM
.5/10 only because it was slightly racist u got the .5

How was that racist?

ambchang
06-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Speaking of Kobe's popularity, his jersey outsold the cuck's jersey from April to June and he didn't even play half the season :lol

Yup, brisk sales amongst Japanese women.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1948475298_1/-24-Kobe-Bryant-Women-Woman-Basketball-Shirt-Jersey-Sexy-Dress-Basketball-Jersey-S-XL-free.jpg

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 12:59 PM
How was that racist?

gorilla.. black person..

ambchang
06-30-2015, 01:03 PM
gorilla.. black person..

That's a stretch.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 01:05 PM
That's a stretch.

:lol is it now

Koolaid_Man
06-30-2015, 01:13 PM

The fact that Kobe aint done shit in 3 yrs and he is where he is on the list speaks VOLUMES...:lol

Mitch
06-30-2015, 01:20 PM
I guess why Duncan isn't popular is because the fruity seals and dolphins aren't big exhibits.

Thread
06-30-2015, 01:34 PM
^And Asian looks on man who loses $25 million and didn't commit Harry Carey coward.

Mitch
06-30-2015, 01:38 PM
^And Asian looks on man who loses $25 million and didn't commit Harry Carey coward.

Confusious say man who lose money bending backwards, end up later bending forwards.

Thread
06-30-2015, 01:40 PM
Confusious say man who lose money bending backwards, end up later bending forwards.

Translation:::Tim Duncan

Thread
06-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Hey, Mitch, it's forever. We're there!!!

ambchang
06-30-2015, 01:42 PM
:lol is it now

Of course it is. I don't see the connection.

It's like saying white guys look like beluga whales or Chinese look like cheetahs because of the colour of the skin. Beyond stupid.

ambchang
06-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Make the playoffs
Win the last game you play

There is nothing else.

Cully.

Thread
06-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Make the playoffs
Win the last game you play

There is nothing else.

Cully.

Me

ambchang
06-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Me

You contradicted your own rules. Yes.

Thread
06-30-2015, 01:45 PM
You contradicted your own rules. Yes.

Nonsense.

ambchang
06-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Nonsense.

Then you are spewing irrelevance

Killakobe81
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM
I didnt think you meant it to be racist because I havent seen that from you (that I recall) but it can be easily interpreted as such.
If you were being racist then I will think of you in a different light ...

BTW wtf does this have to do with Kobe or basketball?

bb-b-but I dont hate ...oh nevermind ...what's the point?

pgardn
06-30-2015, 02:29 PM
The fact that Kobe aint done shit in 3 yrs and he is where he is on the list speaks VOLUMES...:lol

It speaks volumes of the ignorance of your average NBA fan in LA.
But you know this, you live it.

Fabbs
06-30-2015, 05:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2030953377/5C41FBFA1.jpg
If the marketing overlords tell me to buy a certain brand i do it.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Of course it is. I don't see the connection.

It's like saying white guys look like beluga whales or Chinese look like cheetahs because of the colour of the skin. Beyond stupid.

then what was the point of this thread?

Venti Quattro
06-30-2015, 06:17 PM
Another stupid thread from a stupid poster, like clockwork. Nothing to see here

ambchang
06-30-2015, 10:43 PM
then what was the point of this thread?

Kobe's handsomeness is akin to that of a zoo animal.

Mitch
06-30-2015, 10:50 PM

That's racist, ching-chang.

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 11:08 PM

I know you like the D, and now I know your racist. Kudos.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2015, 11:16 PM
that lists of jersey sales

most of the guys in that top15 are from the western conference...

league needs to do something about the easts from a marketing perspective...maybe teams have given up building a team to beat lebron and hoping he retires

Killakobe81
07-01-2015, 05:41 AM

New low for you Amb, disappointed. It's why we are cool but you a notch below DPG and El ...after this maybe a couple notches.

AlexJones
07-01-2015, 05:52 AM
Animal-like niggas like LeBron/Shaq don't appeal well to the chinks. They even prefer a finesse, harmless white dude like Dirk over LBJ

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2015, 06:08 AM
sugarcoating to the chinese market doesnt make sense

is there figures of sales of non china market vice versa?

its like the movie industry, casts a chinese clown in a movie only to have 1 line speech out of the whole movie, thinkn the chinese will buy tickets to it...

Franklin
07-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Japanese bitches are so pissed with their guys' small dicks they need some bigger ones to observe and masturbate to.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Japanese bitches are so pissed with their guys' small dicks they need some bigger ones to observe and masturbate to.

i see nothing wrong with that...

SupremeGuy
07-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Because they have matching small dicks?

pgardn
07-01-2015, 08:10 AM

For a celibate to have such notions it's... Amusing.
Difficult sessions remain in your future sez the fortune cookie.

Brazil
07-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Oh another racist thread about Kobe looking like a monkey

how original tbh

ambchang
07-03-2015, 10:34 AM
That's racist, ching-chang.

You can say that is gorillaist, because I just paralleled such a handsome animal to a socialpath.

How can putting Kobe together with a zoo animal be racist? I am insulting the gorilla. Or do you mean gorilla is a race?

ambchang
07-03-2015, 10:35 AM
I know you like the D, and now I know your racist. Kudos.

I like defense so I am a racist?

ambchang
07-03-2015, 10:36 AM
New low for you Amb, disappointed. It's why we are cool but you a notch below DPG and El ...after this maybe a couple notches.

Why? Insulting a gorilla is now out of bounds?

ambchang
07-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Oh another racist thread about Kobe looking like a monkey

how original tbh

First, a gorilla is an ape, not a monkey.

Second, how is comparing Kobe to a gorilla racist? Is calling Joel Przybilla the vanilla gorilla racist? It has everything to do with an individual and not of the race. The fact that anyone can equate an entire race with a zoo animal strictly because of the colour, and the level of sensitivity towards it speaks to the shocking racism undertone of society as a whole.

Brazil
07-03-2015, 11:29 AM
I created a racist thread in the nba forum and I'm quite happy about myself

well noted amb

ambchang
07-03-2015, 12:44 PM
well noted amb

It is really sad that you have to resort to changing quotes, at which point it's obvious you have lost the argument.

I find it disturbing that you are so ridiculously racist that you can relate everything to race, and that a one person can represent an entire race, not to mention which that said person is a known sociapath.

Trying to paint Kobe, a person with a long list of negative attributes, as a representative of an entire race is beyond low.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Brazil
07-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Kobe is so damn popular in Asia because Asian people love Gorillas, got it ? it's not racist it is just that Kobe looks like an ape, got it ? he is black with big lips so look like Gorillas, got it ?

ambchang
07-06-2015, 07:51 AM
If I say Shawn Marion looks like an ant, it's not racist.

If I say Chris Bosh looks like an ostrich, it's not racist.

If I say Jermaine O'Neal looks like a beluga whale, it's not racist.

If I say Barbosa looks like a shrew, it's not racist.

But the second I said Kobe is popular is Japan because Japanese women appreciates the rugged good looks of a gorilla, it's racist.

Your interpretation what what I said, and the way you are putting words in my mouth is disturbing. It really speaks to your racist tendencies and what you really have suppressed inside.

Brazil
07-06-2015, 07:57 AM
^stupid and irrelevant post

your thread is racist, deal with it

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Damn, strong racism in this thread, and not even in a semi-humorous way like m>s or Infinite, tbh..

Brazil
07-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Damn, strong racism in this thread, and not even in a semi-humorous way like m>s or Infinite, tbh..

on top of that, m>s and Infinite don't try to spin shit with some :cry this is not racist :cry it's like saying Marion looks like an ant :cry

OP sometimes is :rolleyes

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 09:50 AM
If I say Shawn Marion looks like an ant, it's not racist.

If I say Chris Bosh looks like an ostrich, it's not racist.

If I say Jermaine O'Neal looks like a beluga whale, it's not racist.

If I say Barbosa looks like a shrew, it's not racist.

But the second I said Kobe is popular is Japan because Japanese women appreciates the rugged good looks of a gorilla, it's racist.

Your interpretation what what I said, and the way you are putting words in my mouth is disturbing. It really speaks to your racist tendencies and what you really have suppressed inside.

So much spin ...maybe it's repressed ...but either way it was a shitty thread racist or not. And if you can't see why some took it that way ... You are not as smart or insightful as I thought you were ...admit it was in poor taste and move on. Defending you horrible position only makes it worse.

ambchang
07-06-2015, 10:03 AM
So much spin ...maybe it's repressed ...but either way it was a shitty thread racist or not. And if you can't see why some took it that way ... You are not as smart or insightful as I thought you were ...admit it was in poor taste and move on. Defending you horrible position only makes it worse.

You can say it was a bad joke, but to say this is racist is totally uncalled for.

I am just disturbed that a large portion of the Spurstalk community would fake being these liberal freedom fighters, when they are actually just racists deep down inside.

Brazil
07-06-2015, 10:17 AM
You can say it was a bad joke, but to say this is racist is totally uncalled for.

I am just disturbed that a large portion of the Spurstalk community would fake being these liberal freedom fighters, when they are actually just racists deep down inside.

:lol because comparing a black to an ape is not widely seen as racist

what physical traits of Kobe make you think he looks like an ape tbh ? the lips ? color of the skin ? tell us more about your non racist take

Thread
07-06-2015, 10:19 AM

Nearly cost Cosell his job way back. I mean that Jew was running like a mad man to head the lynch mob off at the pass.

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 10:39 AM

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Amb, because we are cool but dont play ignorant either this is no way close to the most racist thing I have seen on here ... but I thought you were better than that. and if it's not racist it still had very little merit (despite also being unfunny) and really shows how much you dislike this player despite your denials and claims that your only only being his media portrayal of him or his overrated status.

Check yourself Amb, it was either blinding hate (that made you not see how this would be perceived) or underlying racism. Either way man up to it ...the fact others here are worse does not absolve you here. I was not offended just disappointed. I had never seen this from you here and expect better from someone like yourself but maybe I shouldn't have ...

But either way. I will not allow this one misstep completely erase our good times bantering back and forth ...I just wanted to give it to you straight as a friendly "rival".

ambchang
07-06-2015, 11:05 AM

what physical traits of Kobe make you think he looks like an ape tbh ? the lips ? color of the skin ? tell us more about your non racist take

When did I say Kobe looks like an ape?

ambchang
07-06-2015, 11:06 AM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Amb, because we are cool but dont play ignorant either this is no way close to the most racist thing I have seen on here ... but I thought you were better than that. and if it's not racist it still had very little merit (despite also being unfunny) and really shows how much you dislike this player despite your denials and claims that your only only being his media portrayal of him or his overrated status.

Check yourself Amb, it was either blinding hate (that made you not see how this would be perceived) or underlying racism. Either way man up to it ...the fact others here are worse does not absolve you here. I was not offended just disappointed. I had never seen this from you here and expect better from someone like yourself but maybe I shouldn't have ...

But either way. I will not allow this one misstep completely erase our good times bantering back and forth ...I just wanted to give it to you straight as a friendly "rival".

You can say it was unfunny.

You can say I hate Kobe.

You can say a lot of different things.

But you can't say it's racist.

Kobe is one person, not a representative of any race.

A gorilla is a very majestic animal, if anything, I insulting the gorilla.

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 11:09 AM
You can say it was unfunny.

You can say I hate Kobe.

You can say a lot of different things.

But you can't say it's racist.

Kobe is one person, not a representative of any race.

A gorilla is a very majestic animal, if anything, I insulting the gorilla.

Nice response. Very classy. you sound like Phil Jackson after his brokeback penetration comment ..congrats. Although funny ... he came off as an asshole ...was that what you were going for?

Brazil
07-06-2015, 11:14 AM
When did I say Kobe looks like an ape?

:rolleyes

Thread
07-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Nice response. Very classy. you sound like Phil Jackson after his brokeback penetration comment ..congrats. Although funny ... he came off as an asshole ...was that what you were going for?

That's him at default.

K...
07-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Ok, well this settles it. From now on, there is no racism on the board. No use of nigga. We probably should clean up some other things on this board like faggot, fat shaming, objectification of women.

Glad all you guys came around. If the forum leaders start to behave then gnsf and trolls will reset their behaviour

ambchang
07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
:rolleyes

You saw an equivalent in those comments?

ambchang
07-06-2015, 12:15 PM

So you are saying Kobe represents all blacks?

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 12:29 PM
So you are saying Kobe represents all blacks?

You answer a question with another ... Without answering mine poor form old sport.

ambchang
07-06-2015, 01:54 PM
You answer a question with another ... Without answering mine poor form old sport.

You would expect me to say that I was actually going for being an asshole? Are you serious?

No, I wasn't.

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Just take the L, bro..

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 02:55 PM
You would expect me to say that I was actually going for being an asshole? Are you serious?

No, I wasn't.

Better than being racist in most social circles but I see you plan to go down with this ship even when I threw you a life peserver.

Mitch
07-06-2015, 03:01 PM
KK81, Chang could say water is dry and he will defend that shit to his death. Nothing to see here from the stubborn racist

Brazil
07-06-2015, 03:23 PM
You saw an equivalent in those comments?

Do you ?

you are the one putting in same sentence Kobe, apes using because

Thats your shit, don't ask me to carry your shit for you

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
KK81, Chang could say water is dry and he will defend that shit to his death. Nothing to see here from the stubborn racist

LOL, not sure he is racist it could be just his Kobehate ...but his post was pretty shaky. But he is stubborn ... it's part of his charm ... I can predict all the Kobe related threads as we struggle with the rooks this year but I dont want to spoil the fun ...

Like I said wasnt offended myself or for Kobe I just found it ... disturbing because I do respect SOME of his hoop opinions.

ambchang
07-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Better than being racist in most social circles but I see you plan to go down with this ship even when I threw you a life peserver.

Not true, I am not going to admit to anything I am not.

ambchang
07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Do you ?

you are the one putting in same sentence Kobe, apes using because

Thats your shit, don't ask me to carry your shit for you

Why are you asking me? Of course I don't, because those are comments I wrote.

I suppose the thought of those women having questionable tastes in beauty never crossed your mind, because to you talking about a coloured person and an ape in the same sentence MUST mean that they look similar. You suppressed racist.

Brazil
07-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Why are you asking me? Of course I don't, because those are comments I wrote.

I suppose the thought of those women having questionable tastes in beauty never crossed your mind, because to you talking about a coloured person and an ape in the same sentence MUST mean that they look similar. You suppressed racist.

You created the causality in your sentence using because

again that's your shit don't ask me to carry your shit for you

ambchang
07-07-2015, 11:11 AM
You created the causality in your sentence using because

again that's your shit don't ask me to carry your shit for you

And you ignored how because was used.

Kobe is popular in Japan because he looks like an ape is very different than Kobe is popular in Japan because women in Japan have very questionable tastes in beauty, shown by the popularity of an ape due to its handsomeness.

If you can't distinguish between the two, not only are you a suppressed racist, you are also dumb.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Not true, I am not going to admit to anything I am not.

didnt ask you to admit that I even defended you ... but for you to act ignorant on why some might infer you are racist based off this is ... interesting. People (not you apparently) but normal people make mistakes. The ability to admit it is the mark of a man of conviction.

ambchang
07-07-2015, 01:09 PM
didnt ask you to admit that I even defended you ... but for you to act ignorant on why some might infer you are racist based off this is ... interesting. People (not you apparently) but normal people make mistakes. The ability to admit it is the mark of a man of conviction.

I can see why people can see it as racist, but it would only apply to people who are racist to begin with, because the entire notion of linking the two requires a deeply racist psyche. I personally just don't see it, and will never agree to that level of insult to an entire race.

I made mistakes, I thought it was funny, and it wasn't. But it wasn't racist.

Ignignokt
07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Just take the L, bro..

why? this has cause more buttrupturing than an apalosic kawhi edging thread.

spankadelphia
07-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Asian women are subservient to his domineering ways.

K...
07-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Yeah what's wrong with being compared to a gorilla? Chimp comparisons would be insulting. Kobe is a special post racial person. To call him.a black man is misguided. He is better than 90% of all men. He'd be at the apex of black or white. Being racial is admitting you can't hang with competition from the world's supply of man. Kobe can, so he opted out of race.

All you race defenders are trying too hard. If I didn't know better I'd say this was an agenda to discredit an annoying person by sanctioning their troll thread. I seem to remember others calling Deandre Jordan an ape. No racism there right?

Venti Quattro
07-07-2015, 06:43 PM
So this means that while det chink ambchang is fronting that he hates Kobe to the bone, he subconsciously wants to suck Kobe's dick

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Asians have a strong fetish for everything that is white they'd pick your semen to drink over coca cola any day of the week tbh.

ambchang
07-07-2015, 08:24 PM
So this means that while det chink ambchang is fronting that he hates Kobe to the bone, he subconsciously wants to suck Kobe's dick

I will spell it out for you, just because of you because you are just especially slow.

Saying this thread is racist because seeing anything with mention of an ape means a thread is racist can only mean that the person is actually racist.

I have a feeling I have to explain it again, because, well you know, it's you.

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 08:41 PM
I will spell it out for you, just because of you because you are just especially slow.

Saying this thread is racist because seeing anything with mention of an ape means a thread is racist can only mean that the person is actually racist.

I have a feeling I have to explain it again, because, well you know, it's you.
Excellent grammar and comprehensibility, tbh.

ambchang
07-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Excellent grammar and comprehensibility, tbh.

Grammar smack, edgy.