jermaine
06-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Is he just to cut or buyout?

Mr. Body
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Yes.

monkeypunk
06-30-2015, 02:21 PM
if its non guaranteed then i think we just cut him. Don't want to give the Cavs anything worthwhile though. Bad feeling it will bite us on the ass down the road...

jermaine
06-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Baynes is better than Heywood!?! I think not.

hater
06-30-2015, 02:42 PM
his nickname is Brenda.

Yes Spurs want to give up Brazilian Mangina for a guy called Brenda.

I agree I don't think it's a good idea to give Cavs anything.

Kylia, Deladeladeladova, Lebron, Love and Splitter (with JR and Iman waiting on the sidelines) is a pretty bad ass team IMO

tbear280
06-30-2015, 02:48 PM
somebody please explain this to me. Would this involve players ?what players would it involve?

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 02:48 PM
haywood wont play one minute for the spurs... his contract is non-guaranteed

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 02:49 PM
somebody please explain this to me. Would this involve players ?what players would it involve?
possibly diaw/mills

keywester
06-30-2015, 03:03 PM
The Cav's chatter seems to think that any trade with the Spurs should at a minimum include Mills. The playoffs showed that the Cav's bench has a lot of trouble creating any consistent offense. That being the case, I can understand why they would want Mills. Giving Mills to the Cav's would be like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets come the playoff finals next year.

Mouth is Bleeding
06-30-2015, 03:04 PM
he used to hit Manu in the face a lot.

cantthinkofanything
06-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Heywood is a cool black name but it needs to be the first name.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 03:07 PM
possibly diaw/mills

That would be a horrible trade to get rid of those two guys, more like Splitter?
The Cav's chatter seems to think that any trade with the Spurs should at a minimum include Mills. The playoffs showed that the Cav's bench has a lot of trouble creating any consistent offense. That being the case, I can understand why they would want Mills. Giving Mills to the Cav's would be like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets come the playoff finals next year.
You know for sure if they met in the finals he would come off that bench and light his old team up, just the competitor he is

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Should be Splitter and Reggie Williams plus a pick.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Maybe a swap of picks (Spurs send a 2nd, get a lottery protected 1st).

cjw
06-30-2015, 03:16 PM

It could just be Splitter for Haywood (can just not retain Williams). Not sure Spurs would need to give a pick, though the Haywood asset is amazing.

This could all be a smokescreen too for Portland as they may be asking for too much in a S&T (Green?). This could reduce their asking price.

On edit, saw that it may be Splitter+CoJo instead of Mills for Haywood's non-guaranteed (CoJo shares Lebron's agent). That would leave enough to keep Parker/Diaw/Mills/Anderson/Kawhi/Green and re-sign Duncan to a reasonable deal, plus grab Aldridge.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Splitter's contract isn't bad value, issue of course is retaining Green and adding Aldridge. Ideal would be S&T with Portland involving Splitter. 2 yrs/$17 mil isn't bad price for starting quality NBA big.

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:23 PM

Reggie Williams doesn't clear any space though. You'd probably need to give up Mills too to clear money for Ginobili. You might as well throw Joseph into it too since the Spurs will have to cut him if they're looking to sign LMA outright. Is Brenda's deal 100% non-guaranteed?

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Still, Cleveland has three centers in Mozgov, Varejao, and Thompson, so I see little reason they'd trade for Splitter anyways.

KL2
06-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Wonder if they'll go after Sasha Kaun too? I remember them asking CLE about him.

slick'81
06-30-2015, 03:36 PM
I agree if any team doesn't need a center it's Cleveland

hater
06-30-2015, 03:38 PM

Splitter > Vergajao and Mozgov imo.

next to Love and Lebron and with Kylia patroling the perimeter, that team would be fucking beast.

lets not forget Splitter is the guy who singlehandely took Alridge out of the playoffs 2years ago

tholdren
06-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Splitter > Vergajao and Mozgov imo.

next to Love and Lebron and with Kylia patroling the perimeter, that team would be fucking beast.

lets not forget Splitter is the guy who singlehandely took Alridge out of the playoffs 2years ago

Splitter will be sitting beside Kyrie, injured, during the playoffs.

tmtcsc
06-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Baynes is better than Heywood!?! I think not.

His non-guaranteed contract is more valuable to the Spurs.

rjv
06-30-2015, 05:47 PM
spurs trying to add depth to the cavs end of the year injury roster

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Reggie Williams doesn't clear any space though. You'd probably need to give up Mills too to clear money for Ginobili. You might as well throw Joseph into it too since the Spurs will have to cut him if they're looking to sign LMA outright. Is Brenda's deal 100% non-guaranteed?

Gino can play for the veteran exception which is just under $3m and counts as the rookie min for cap purposes. I read he was likely to play for that.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2015, 06:07 PM

Splitter is a better small ball 5 due to his ability to cover the pnr and rotate to pick up penetration. Mozgov isn't as good and Thompson has a completely different skillset. The issue with Splitter is asking him to play over 30mpg is likely to get you under 60 games played.

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Gino can play for the veteran exception which is just under $3m and counts as the rookie min for cap purposes. I read he was likely to play for that.

Do you know if the Spurs are allowed to renounce and then sign him with that exception? This new CBA has so many more weird loopholes than the previous 3 or so.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Do you know if the Spurs are allowed to renounce and then sign him with that exception? This new CBA has so many more weird loopholes than the previous 3 or so.

They can sign any free agent with that exception. They are currently over the cap I don't see why they couldn't.

If they dump Splitter's contract, reduce Manu's slot to the min, resign Duncan for $6m or less, and jettison the Belli and lesser roster holds then they can sign LMA to his max while keeping the rights to Verde and KL. They are projected to sign for about another $13m which has us under the luxury apron and with the MLE.

Splitter and Blatt/Cleveland/Verejao makes a lot of sense. A defensive perimeter big like Tiago complements James.

If they manage to pull it off then wow.

adonis827
07-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Splitter + Lebron + Kyrie + presumably Love is a championship core IF each one stays healthy.
Duncan + LA + Kawhi + presumably Green + back to form Parker is also good but not a lock to come out of the west.

adonis827
07-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Splitter + Lebron + Kyrie + presumably Love is a championship core IF each one stays healthy.
Duncan + LA + Kawhi + presumably Green + back to form Parker is also good but not a lock to come out of the west.

sananspursfan21
07-01-2015, 08:03 AM
It would only happen if there's a commitment from Lamarcus Aldridge from what I understand