PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Danny Green as viewed from posters upstairs....

hater
06-30-2015, 03:01 PM
the best 3 and D player in the league still undervalued by Spurs fans tbh

fat Spurs fans that think the SG position needs to be a creator or efficient scorer.

The only good thing if Green leaves is watching these same dumbasses cry while our backcourt filled by Enrique and some other scrub get torched continuously while Leonard carries all the defensive load.

:lmao

Because he's underrated. Because the media wants to believe he's a product of the System, which is a mythical concept they've made up in their heads to explain the Spurs' sustained success (because it can't be that the Spurs just have really good players). Teams are using analytics nowadays, and they can see that Green is elite on both sides of the ball. That's why the media believes teams are willing to open their checkbooks for him. People who run teams for a living KNOW Green's in the top quarter of starting two-guards. And they contract they propose he'll get will be a bargain.

We're in a world where Monta Ellis will get $13-15 Million a year, and he's not a good of a player as Danny is.

If the Spurs lose Green they lose the matchup advantage with Golden State. :lol

Green was just as essential as Kawhi in the title run. Why do people go all out in discrediting players to fit their argument? You just sound like a bitter Danny Green hater right now.

Yes, he did. Paul had a tough time scoring whenever Green had to guard him. I'm not good at drawing up analytics (Chinook is much better), but I watched the game and Green gave Paul fits whenever he guarded him. Same with Ellis. Pop just fucked around too much in the Clippers series with Green (it didn't help that Green's 3 point shot was costing his playing time).

Then how was he a different player? Because in college, he was pretty much the same player he is now, except his team's fans appreciated him. In the d-league, he did a lot more than he does now, including being a pretty consistent player above the rim.

Jodie Meeks got 3yr/19 mil tbh. Green will get at least 11-12mil per year this summer.

I can't say I'm a fan at all of giving up Green to land Aldridge,

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 03:02 PM
they're right you know

ElNono
06-30-2015, 03:09 PM
can OP explain the joke, tbh?

Robz4000
06-30-2015, 03:10 PM
They're all truth bombs tbh. Whats your point?

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:18 PM
can OP explain the joke, tbh?

Op thinks a Porker + Gary Neal backcourt is a title contender.

hater
06-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Would like inputs from peeps other than spur fan tbh. This posted here. Nobody said they were off. But some are funny :lol

Thanks for contributing thou :lol

Chinook
06-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Hater strikes me as a guy who'd TP his own house by mistake. Dunno what made me think of that.

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Would like inputs from peeps other than spur fan tbh. This posted here. Nobody said they were off. But some are funny :lol

I like the part where you want to use the league minimum to sign the team's starting two guard in a swing dominated league.

hater
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM

Says the guy that would not give up Green for Lamarcus

:lol

timtonymanu
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Just look at how OP views JR Smith upstairs and that tells you all. :lol

hater
06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
:lol Green dick riders rolling deep :lol

Thread
06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
He's got some cold blood running thru, no doubt about that, but, set him elsewhere, anywhere and he shrinks. He has to know this deep in his soul and must decide whether a few more $'s is worth it.

benefactor
06-30-2015, 03:24 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/32405/1007390-persistent_fail.jpg

hater
06-30-2015, 03:24 PM
He's got some cold blood running thru, no doubt about that, but, set him elsewhere, anywhere and he shrinks. He has to know this deep in his soul and must decide whether a few more $'s is worth it.

Thanks for sharing :tu

Chinook
06-30-2015, 03:25 PM
:lol Green dick riders rolling deep :lol

Army of one right now. Gotta get palangi and LongtimeSpursFan in here to back you up.

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Says the guy that would not give up Green for Lamarcus

I wouldn't blow the team up for Aldridge in Duncan's last two years. You would start Gary Neal next to Tony Parker and have the Spurs give up 110 a game.

hater
06-30-2015, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't blow the team up for Aldridge in Duncan's last two years. You would start Gary Neal next to Tony Parker and have the Spurs give up 110 a game.

so losing Green = blow up the team?

(does not compute)

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:30 PM

(does not compute)

Yes, they'd have to move Green and Splitter and then renounce Joseph, Baynes, and Belinelli. You would start Gary Neal and Tony Parker and have no bench. :lol

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 03:34 PM

OH GOD please don't mention Neal again, remember back a few weeks ago someone actually wanted him back and argued with me about it trying to tell me he is not as bad on D as Belli is (When he is every bit as bad on D, infact horrible).

hater
06-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Yes, they'd have to move Green and Splitter and then renounce Joseph, Baynes, and Belinelli. You would start Gary Neal and Tony Parker and have no bench. :lol

moving goal posts. ok. then

Thread
06-30-2015, 03:36 PM

Absolutely. That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-30-2015, 03:36 PM
I'd take a frontocurt of Duncan, Aldridge and Kawhi. Probably best frontocurt in nba. With Parker and a solid SG like Marco and we have a unit where the 1-4 can shoot, dribble, pass etc.
Dont get me wrong I'd like to keep Green but the economics may just not work out.

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:37 PM

moving goal posts. ok. then

You're the faggot who couldn't even answer a simple question about guard options.

ElNono
06-30-2015, 03:38 PM
:lol this thread

http://www.schoolbusdriver.org/image3.jpg

baseline bum
06-30-2015, 03:38 PM
I'd take a frontocurt of Duncan, Aldridge and Kawhi. Probably best frontocurt in nba. With Parker and a solid SG like Marco and we have a unit where the 1-4 can shoot, dribble, pass etc.
Dont get me wrong I'd like to keep Green but the economics may just not work out.

The economics wouldn't work out for Belinelli to be here either without a sign and trade.

Raven
06-30-2015, 03:40 PM
that's a good occasion to remind OP that he is to blame for us losing in the first round and losing DG. Hopefully, at least he will not be to blame for us resigning the italian fag

hater
06-30-2015, 03:40 PM

Splits
06-30-2015, 03:43 PM
:lol this thread

http://www.schoolbusdriver.org/image3.jpg

Bus too long

Raven
06-30-2015, 03:47 PM

(does not compute)

yep.. i'd actually rather blow up the team and keep the new big 3 and go into a solid tank then try to win without green

Technique
06-30-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm fine with giving up Green for Aldridge. Spurs still got that Rarri.

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/nba-star-marco-belinelli-gets-vip-treatment-at-lamborghini-hq_1.jpg

apalisoc_9
06-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Army of one right now. Gotta get palangi and LongtimeSpursFan in here to back you up.

Hater, Palangi and Longtimespursfan are all Parker fans If you have't realized it yet.

Not surprised.

hater
06-30-2015, 03:50 PM

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/nba-star-marco-belinelli-gets-vip-treatment-at-lamborghini-hq_1.jpg

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 03:57 PM

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/nba-star-marco-belinelli-gets-vip-treatment-at-lamborghini-hq_1.jpgHe is a FA as well man, plus he doesn't fill the role that Green dones at SG because his D is pretty bad. I like Belli but he is not a Green replacement, would not mind him back though.

Thread
06-30-2015, 03:59 PM
He is a FA as well man, plus he doesn't fill the role that Green dones at SG because his D is pretty bad. I like Belli but he is not a Green replacement, would not mind him back though.

Only a fool would try and switch out Green & Belly. Me? I'd let Belly walk off.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 04:00 PM

He will be gone Thread, unfortunately Green might be as well if he gets offered a good contract. This guy though is surely not a replacement for Green, good luck with that at SG when your team is getting burned on the wing by PG's etc. every game.

Infinite_limit
06-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Why don't the Spurs just draft a younger Danny Green?

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Green is a solid solid role player, can shoot, play pretty good defense, spaces the floor. I would not let him walk.

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Why don't the Spurs just draft a younger Danny Green?
because they don't grow on trees

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 04:07 PM

depending on various asshole sizes he can be found.

Infinite_limit
06-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Guy bounced around, started 0 games his first 2 seasons

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 04:08 PM
depending on various asshole sizes he can be found.
damn, i threw a one liner about it... but you're just making it weird

spurraider21
06-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Guy bounced around, started 0 games his first 2 seasons
ok

whitemamba
06-30-2015, 04:09 PM
damn, i threw a one liner about it... but you're just making it weird

it was gay, stop saying gay shit.

Technique
06-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Giving up both for Aldridge would be a mistake, but leave one of them with Aldridge & the Spurs would transform into a contender again.

Green is as good at offense as Rarri is at defense. With Leonard on the opposing team's best man & Aldridge, Duncan, Diaw, Baynes rotating the Spurs can still have a potent defense. Combined with a high caliber offense Aldridge will get room to use his full arsenal including knocking down those gimmie jumpers as a result of a spread floor offense.

& if Aldrige doesn't end up going to the Spurs bring back Green Rarri & go ham.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Giving up both for Aldridge would be a mistake, but leave one of them with Aldridge & the Spurs would transform into a contender again.

Green is as good at offense as Rarri is at defense. With Leonard on the opposing team's best man & Aldridge, Duncan, Diaw, Baynes rotating the Spurs can still have a potent defense. Combined with a high caliber offense Aldridge will get room to use his full arsenal including knocking down those gimmie jumpers as a result of a spread floor offense.

& if Aldrige doesn't end up going to the Spurs bring back Green Rarri & go ham.Green can hit that three though sides man, at a pretty effective rate as well. Beli's D is just non existent so he only plays one side of the ball. I am not saying Green is great on O at all because he is not if his shot is not falling but he shoots at a pretty good clip from three range and that fits the Spurs system well. I agree on the rest of what you said about LA and so on.

Franklin
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Green may play good once in a while, but the rest of time he shits his bed. In a certain series maybe Green plays just as good as Kawhi, but you all know the different ceilings of those two players. Kawhi is the future franchise player of this team while Green is a role player, the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, tbh.

hater
06-30-2015, 08:53 PM
Green may play good once in a while, but the rest of time he shits his bed. In a certain series maybe Green plays just as good as Kawhi, but you all know the different ceilings of those two players. Kawhi is the future franchise player of this team while Green is a role player, the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, tbh.

Pretty much makes sense and agree with poster imo

DarrinS
06-30-2015, 08:55 PM

DMC
06-30-2015, 09:51 PM

Thou or thee?

DMC
06-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Sun does shine on a dogs ass but it doesn't make that dog win the Westminster Dog Trials. Danny is a champion, did his part to be a b2b champion in fact. Didn't have the support from others in 2013 except Gary fucking Neal. Last year everyone was on including Danny. Danny is a big reason the Spurs have been solid on both ends.

Strange Love
06-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Hater's thread always end up blowing in his face.

RD2191
06-30-2015, 10:23 PM
Hater's thread always end up blowing in his face.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2015, 11:17 PM
spurs should be moving enrique

plenty of pgs in t he league who can do more then that pos at a cheaper price....we dont need more scoing, we need fkn defense and ball distribution

Thread
07-01-2015, 12:20 AM
spurs should be moving enrique

plenty of pgs in t he league who can do more then that pos at a cheaper price

Sure, there is a veritable shit load of 'em. But, Parker actually did it 4 times.

dg7md
07-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Danny Green is an excellent utility player that will fulfill his necessary role so as long as he's not asked on, or relied upon, to carry a team. We saw what happened at the end of the 2013 Finals when we started to rely on Danny — he fizzled out and choked under pressure. He's an ideal third offensive option and is an excellent defender, but cannot really be relied upon to be the defensive stopper if his team around him isn't all that good or is in a bad system.

I'd put him in the top 5-10 best defensive players in terms of their skill and reliability, and as much as I love Danny, he's not worth breaking the bank for. He'll only be a great player on a great team, otherwise he'd just be an above-average at best player on a team that is not all that good around him. He has an ability to play above his size and really make crucial plays, which I think puts him above some of the "better" defensive players in the league. His shot form is pretty ugly, but when he gets hot he's one of the very best in the league.

It doesn't seem likely, but if Danny ends up on a team like the Warriors, Thunder, Cavaliers, or even the Heat — he'd be lethal. For the moment it seems like only a few teams are showing big interest, the Mavs, Trailblazers, and Pistons — none of those teams will be ones he excels in and it would be in his best interest to resign with us where he has a role and a system that utilizes him correctly.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2015, 01:05 AM
lol spurs fo is a fkn joke when it comes to loyalty with role players...

accept shit pay or gtfo

while some pos pg on the team shows no loyalty but gets a pay increase for coat riding

apalisoc_9
07-01-2015, 01:11 AM

accept shit pay or gtfo

while some pos pg on the team shows no loyalty but gets a pay increase for coat riding

Post of the day, IMO.

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:09 AM

accept shit pay or gtfo

Because without him, you ingrate, you'd be light 4.

Silver&Black
07-01-2015, 03:21 AM

90% of these anti-Parker guys think he rode coattails his entire career...

Your "light 4" argument holds no water with them.

RsxPiimp
07-01-2015, 03:31 AM

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:40 AM
90% of these anti-Parker guys think he rode coattails his entire career...

Your "light 4" argument holds no water with them.

Yeah, yeah, your people's "coattails" shit. Piss pot SF.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2015, 05:55 AM
those fkn clowns who say enrique took a paycut to stay with the spurs etc

when he was a FA, he didnt sign any offer sheet, no team tender for his services let alone put out a market price

so how does him takin a paycut 2 times is loyalty to the spurs or spurs good management, when all the only bidder was only the spurs....

Franklin
07-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Green is a solid role player but he's still a role player. The problem with some Spurs fans is that they expect him to play consistently at a similar level as the likes of Tim and Kawhi, and even Pop had the same problem sometimes, which was why they got fooled by him time and time again tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2015, 06:02 AM
losing green and ginoboli in same season?

so tell me who is going to defend the other teams elite pg or sg let alone sf? enrique? roflmao a pylon can do a better job then this pos

hater
07-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Green is a solid role player but he's still a role player. The problem with some Spurs fans is that they expect him to play consistently at a similar level as the likes of Tim and Kawhi, and even Pop had the same problem sometimes, which was why they got fooled by him time and time again tbh.

Franklin nuking them dickriders :lol