PDA

View Full Version : I believe Aldridge makes us the favorite

Horse
06-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Would his addition make any other team the favorite?

benefactor
06-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Maybe, but there's a possibility he wouldn't.

The Reckoning
06-30-2015, 06:30 PM
aldridge just using the scare of joining the Spurs to leverage negotiations with other teams. don't know why y'all do this every summer tbh.

NASpurs
06-30-2015, 06:41 PM
aldridge just using the scare of joining the Spurs to leverage negotiations with other teams. don't know why y'all do this every summer tbh.

Leverage? What am I missing here? He's already getting the max from whichever team he agrees to and basically comes down to personal choice (although he'll get more by signing with Portland).

Horse
06-30-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm asking in your opinion is there another team besides the Spurs who become favorites if he goes there?

Maj_G
06-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Hold your horses there Horse. It's all speculation at this point.

therealtruth
06-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Reminds me of when we got RJ and Dice and Pop said he should be fired if we didn't win that year and we ended up getting swept by the Suns.

slick'81
06-30-2015, 07:10 PM
All depends on who the spurs keep and add around Aldridge

Sean Cagney
06-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Hold your horses there Horse. It's all speculation at this point.

Tbh...
All depends on who the spurs keep and add around Aldridge

Yep...

InRareForm
06-30-2015, 07:14 PM
lol easy there pal.

06-30-2015, 07:30 PM
If the Spurs can somehow only lose Splitter in the transaction, then Aldridge will definitely be a positive gain.

Still hoping to field Duncan/Aldridge/Leonard/Green/Parker with Mills, Diaw, Ginobili, Baynes, and a bargain backup PG and wing coming off the bench. Anderson and Bonner can keep the seat warm.

if the Spurs start shedding Splitter and Mills + Ginobili retiring, it's going to be a struggle because the margin of error will be so small.

davidbowie
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM
nawww

SpurPadre
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Let's save ourselves the headache and just accept that the Lakers will get him. Time to focus on Plan B, tbh.

Hoops Czar
06-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Gutting a roster that's played in two of previous three NBA finals to make room for an unathletic Iso center whose basic skillset is predicated around nailing mid range jumpers and grabbing defensive boards to counterbalance his sub optimal defense and passing skillset hardly makes the Spurs a contender. The fact the Spurs are checking in on players like Boozer and Butler makes the situation look even more dire. Green/Splitter/Mills > LMA + retreads

K...
06-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Let's save ourselves the headache and just accept that the Lakers will get him. Time to focus on Plan B, tbh.

Plan max bonner?

Horse
06-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Gutting a roster that's played in two of previous three NBA finals to make room for an unathletic Iso center whose basic skillset is predicated around nailing mid range jumpers and grabbing defensive boards to counterbalance his sub optimal defense and passing skillset hardly makes the Spurs a contender. The fact the Spurs are checking in on players like Boozer and Butler makes the situation look even more dire. Green/Splitter/Mills > LMA + retreads
You discount the impact Timmy Pop and the Spurs culture will have on him. I'd be willing to bet his D will improve.

itzsoweezee
06-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Depends on who the Spurs lose to make it happen. If they can pull it off losing only Splitter and CoJo, then write em in.

Mugen
06-30-2015, 08:32 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/homer-donut-machine-simpsons.gif

Hoops Czar
06-30-2015, 08:38 PM
You discount the impact Timmy Pop and the Spurs culture will have on him. I'd be willing to bet his D will improve.

And I agree, it might. However, what are the Spurs going to do at back up pg? Who will be Danny Green's replacement? For an organization that prides itself on making smart choices, let's hope the Spurs aren't cutting off their nose to spite their face. Fixing on problem while creating two more isn't necessarily beneficial for a team that's relied so heavily on continuity and stability over the past 5 seasons. I'll need to see the final product before I can rationally make a judgement call on whether the Spurs will be a favorite. It also depends a lot on what other contenders do in the offseason.

Nathan89
06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Anyone that thinks we're clear cut favorites is probably over estimating Tony's contribution going forward.

BillMc
06-30-2015, 08:46 PM
It all depends on who else is left on the team after we sign him.

And health...

And how well the Warriors handle the pressure of repeating. Not that we couldn't beat them, but a 67 win champ is probably going to start the season as the favorite.

Horse
06-30-2015, 08:57 PM
My thoughts are with the hope that somehow Danny stays and Splitter is the only major casualty

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Entering this next season, the question for the Spurs management was:

Field the same team essentially, or rebuild????

They have chosen the latter course.

Let us trust the Spurs!

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 08:59 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if some free agent from Europe would beef up the Spurs this season......

LakerHater
06-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Im gettin worries that he is jus usin Spurs as leverage like everyone has!

NASpurs
06-30-2015, 09:16 PM
Im gettin worries that he is jus usin Spurs as leverage like everyone has!

What is he trying to get by using the Spurs as leverage? People keep saying this and I don't get it.

Mugen
06-30-2015, 09:18 PM
leverage for what? Every team is going to offer him the max

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Meaning if the Spurs are super interested in you, your stock increases in the basketball universe!

Hehehehe

The Spurs are taveren

Mugen
06-30-2015, 09:19 PM
you're a retard

LakerHater
06-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Exactly

Didnt somebody get drafted because the spurs "were interested" in the kid?

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Gasol and Aldridge: two different personalities

Aldridge wants to be courted by everyone.......

Gasol just stays put

I wonder who is the wiser????????

NASpurs
06-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Lay off the drugs.

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Entering this next season, the question for the Spurs management was:

Field the same team essentially, or rebuild????

They have chosen the latter course.

Obviously the Spurs management has seen farther than us fans

If they acquire Aldridge but deplete the roster.....how will they fill it up?

Answer: They might bring in some people from Europe...............

Let us trust the Spurs!

Mouth is Bleeding
06-30-2015, 09:31 PM
He will have to be a good defender and many knowledgeable people think that he is, which is unlike what I've seen many post here.

He also has to start shooting many more 3s. It's a process that has already started and it would be great if it would fully materialize for us.

The Reckoning
06-30-2015, 11:21 PM
:lmao

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Leverage? What am I missing here? He's already getting the max from whichever team he agrees to and basically comes down to personal choice (although he'll get more by signing with Portland).
Getting the max isn't always the only requirement. They want contract stipulations like a one year deal so they can again be a free agent in 2016. Next year is when the money will roll.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:21 AM
What is he trying to get by using the Spurs as leverage? People keep saying this and I don't get it.

There are teams that will let him go if he wants a weird contract structure, but if they think he's going to a team in their conference who will give them problems, they have even more incentive to prevent that. Keeping a guy away from your rival is like playing defense in the game.

As an agent, you walk in to negotiations with every advantage you can get.

Malik Hairston
07-01-2015, 10:16 AM
If they lose both Green and Splitter, then absolutely not, tbh..

If they keep Green and Manu doesn't retire, then they should be in a nice position, but I think people are really underestimating how terrible Tony Parker is at this point, tbh..

DPG21920
07-01-2015, 10:19 AM
If they lose both Green and Splitter, then absolutely not, tbh..

If they keep Green and Manu doesn't retire, then they should be in a nice position, but I think people are really underestimating how terrible Tony Parker is at this point, tbh..

Bruh, HOU just got to the WCF with Pablo as their PG. There is no question that if TP can be Pablo, that Duncan/LMA/Kawhi/Green is more talented than Harden/Dwight/Ariza. Not only that, even with TP playing the worst ball in the world, they took the CP3-led Clippers to game 7 and still could have won :lol

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Parker will make a comeback, maybe not as good as 2013 MVParker, but he'll show flashes.

Shit logic by Harlem but hey, it's Harlem. :lol