PDA

View Full Version : The ability for players to stay pat and trust Pop and the FO is uncanny

sexinthatsx
06-30-2015, 08:09 PM
With all the buzz with LMA potentially signing with the Spurs, and since half of the Spurs core are UFAs, it's almost inevitable on any other team that players leak preferences of teams to the media. However, because there isn't a peep from any Spurs players, most notably Danny Green, I almost have a feeling that Spurs will be able to retain Danny Green even after getting LMA.

Because the cap has risen for this upcoming season, the Spurs can perhaps sign Danny Green to a 1-2 year deal and win another championship before he signs a long term contract with another team?

sexinthatsx
06-30-2015, 08:10 PM
If this was any other organization, they would screw up the process in one way or another.

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Danny Green's quality is rising and rising....

cutewizard
06-30-2015, 09:27 PM
From Danny's point of view, ows a great debt of gratitude for the Spurs, after all, it was the Spurs who developed him into the player he is today

BillMc
06-30-2015, 09:31 PM
I'd like to believe Danny would sign a 1 or 2 year contract. But I think he'll go for the longest length he can get. Danny will probably never have this much leverage again based on age and recent success. He'll go to secure his future, and I can't blame him.

manufan10
06-30-2015, 09:40 PM
I'd like to believe Danny would sign a 1 or 2 year contract. But I think he'll go for the longest length he can get. Danny will probably never have this much leverage again based on age and recent success. He'll go to secure his future, and I can't blame him.

This. I think it would be selfish for us as fans to say DG needs to take a pay cut or sacrifice that financial security. I wouldn't begrudge him if he decided to take more cash.

cjw
06-30-2015, 10:04 PM
If DG is willing to wait, then pay the man. It won't matter anyway because they'll be capped out and likely in the tax this year. Have annual amounts decrease to make it more palatable when Duncan is gone.

james evans
07-01-2015, 12:10 AM
if danny green leaves, he'll become roger mason by the 10th game of the season whomever he signs with

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2015, 12:12 AM
if danny green leaves, he'll become roger mason by the 10th game of the season whomever he signs with

He'll be just fine.

Ron Swanson
07-01-2015, 12:15 AM

Agreed. He needs to get that payday. I'd love for him to stay, but I completely understand if he gets that money.

Patrick Bateman
07-01-2015, 12:19 AM
If this was any other organization, they would screw up the process in one way or another.

Maybe, Maybe not.

Sincerely,
The Sacramento Kings

Sean Cagney
07-01-2015, 03:06 AM

Mavs do it yearly..

koriwhat
07-01-2015, 04:09 AM
This. I think it would be selfish for us as fans to say DG needs to take a pay cut or sacrifice that financial security. I wouldn't begrudge him if he decided to take more cash.

first off, i agree with you. second, i just can't stop laughing at the financial security statement. because we all know his next contact from bill miller's isn't gonna net close to 7 figures annually.

sexinthatsx
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM
4 years 45 mil contract for Green; that's roughly his street value.