PDA

View Full Version : 3 Reasons Why LMA Won't Sign with Spurs

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
1. San Antonio, he doesn't want to live there.
2. Shadow of Tim Duncan. Tim is the force and will be even when he's gone. Any other SA player will pale in comparison, especially an established quality big.
3. System play. Guys who are highly sought after often don't like system play because it marginalizes their individual stats and therefore their marketability.

There are other reasons, like not wanting to be berated on live television by a guy who sat the franchises best player in the crucial moment of a Finals game, yet played a crippled fat ass while he was shitting the bed in the most crucial moments of the post season.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
2. Shadow of Tim Duncan. Tim is the force and will be even when he's gone. Any other SA player will pale in comparison, especially an established quality big.
3. System play. Guys who are highly sought after often don't like system play because it marginalizes their individual stats and therefore their marketability.

There are other reasons, like not wanting to be berated on live television by a guy who sat the franchises best player in the crucial moment of a Finals game, yet played a crippled fat ass while he was shitting the bed in the most crucial moments of the post season.

1. Is the very last reason he wouldn't sign with the Spurs. LMA has mentioned in many interviews years before that family was important to him. I thought he would go back to Dallas because of this. But the fact that his SON lives in SA, which I did not know until recently, yes, he would definitely want to live here so he can spend time with him.

2. Most reports said he actually wouldn't mind being the guy to fill Duncan shoes, and in previous YEARS interviews, the two player mentioned that he wished he could have played with were Jordan and DUNCAN.

3. I don't think he would mind the system as you can see, Duncan in playoff GETS A TON OF EASY BASKETS. This will definitely prolong LMA career at playing at high level in his late 30's. This is something he also mentioned that attracted him about the spurs, well according to reports. Didn't actually see an interview on this comment.

Mr. Body
07-01-2015, 09:23 AM

All three items are basically the opposite of what he's looking for.

hater
07-01-2015, 09:26 AM
#1 is endorsements. Lets face it, Lamar would get tens of millions more worth of endorsements in Lollas of Lol Angeles
I'm sure his agent is pushing him hard for LA.

I'd say spurs chances to land him are about 15%

That's pretty high given we are offering him to live in Fat Antonio :lol

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:28 AM
1. Is the very last reason he wouldn't sign with the Spurs. LMA has mentioned in many interviews years before that family was important to him. I thought he would go back to Dallas because of this. But the fact that his SON lives in SA, which I did not know until recently, yes, he would definitely want to live here so he can spend time with him.

Ignore what he says in interviews. His actions are what matters. Stars don't want to be in SA. It's been proven over the years. You have a team that has won 50 or more games 16 years in a row and yet the big names don't even glance this way, opting for glamor or heroics (big market or home town). There are no heroics left in SA, you can only bump them along. However in LA he could help recover a crippled franchise. Some guys see that as huge money from endorsements (because it would be).

2. Most reports said he actually wouldn't mind being the guy to fill Duncan shoes, and in previous YEARS interviews, the two player mentioned that he wished he could have played with were Jordan and DUNCAN.

It's going to be chalked up to "more money" but it's hard for a star to walk into a successful system and do well.

3. I don't think he would mind the system as you can see, Duncan in playoff GETS A TON OF EASY BASKETS. This will definitely prolong LMA career at playing at high level in his late 30's. This is something he also mentioned that attracted him about the spurs, well according to reports. Didn't actually see an interview on this comment.
Sure, not getting touches prolongs your career. That's what stars want, a prolonged career of taking salary cuts because you get less than 30m a game.

K...
07-01-2015, 09:28 AM
I think small market penalty evaporates if your an established star and the small market team makes deep playoff runs. If you're a to draft pick it sucks to go to minny, but Kevin Garnett didn't suffer there. Of course L.A. and NY. Are special scenarios

noles1983
07-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Ignore what he says in interviews. His actions are what matters. Stars don't want to be in SA. It's been proven over the years. You have a team that has won 50 or more games 16 years in a row and yet the big names don't even glance this way, opting for glamor or heroics (big market or home town). There are no heroics left in SA, you can only bump them along. However in LA he could help recover a crippled franchise. Some guys see that as huge money from endorsements (because it would be).

It's going to be chalked up to "more money" but it's hard for a star to walk into a successful system and do well.

Sure, not getting touches prolongs your career. That's what stars want, a prolonged career of taking salary cuts because you get less than 30m a game.

When have we had the cap space to sign a top tier free agent? your first point is irrelevant.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:29 AM
#1 is endorsements. Lets face it, Lamar would get tens of millions more worth of endorsements in Lollas of Lol Angeles
I'm sure his agent is pushing him hard for LA.

I'd say spurs chances to land him are about 15%

That's pretty high given we are offering him to live in Fat Antonio :lol

Between you, Fabbs and CN, the cute little nicknames are annoying as fuck and make your posts unreadable. You're trying too hard to be funny.

SequSpur
07-01-2015, 09:30 AM
He already has $20 mill plus in guaranteed endorsements if he goes to the Lakers.... This game is over.

dbestpro
07-01-2015, 09:32 AM
It comes down to ego. Go to LA, get the ego stroked, and be a bottom seed or just miss the playoffs. He could do this by staying in Portland. It is very rare that a player does well by following his ego, rather than what is best for his career. The big selling point for the Spurs is minute management and the ability to extend a player's career.

I think Jordan is going to Dallas, which makes the Clippers much weaker. Dallas has no reason to do a solid for the Clips and do a sign and trade for Chandler.

If LMA goes to LA, Portland is now on the outside looking in. Seems to me, even if the Spurs do nothing but sign their own, they move up the pecking order, just by being healthy. (Warriors-Spurs-Rockets-Grizzlies-Thunder-Pelicans-Mavs-Clippers)

SequSpur
07-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Lakers just drafted D'Angelo Frickin Russell.... Russell > than any Spur on the roster...

Spurs need to stick to the plan. Sign Bonner.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 09:35 AM
He already has $20 mill plus in guaranteed endorsements if he goes to the Lakers.... This game is over.

How did that work out with Howard.

UZER
DMC hedging his bets.

hater

Pretty much. Save an urge in Lamar to follow Duncans footsteps and respect of the Spurs.

But tens of millions and guaranteed fame in LA probably going to trump any of that.

noles1983
07-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Pretty much. Save an urge in Lamar to follow Duncans footsteps and respect of the Spurs.

But tens of millions and guaranteed fame in LA probably going to trump any of that.

If he is serious about winning and being close to his kid, he wont go to that shitty team.

SequSpur
07-01-2015, 09:43 AM

Howard? how is that a comparison? Come on now. We are talking Laker franchise vs. Spurs franchise. Spurs win because of Duncan/Parker/Ginobili. Everybody else is just a piece and they make them better.

Let's stop drinking the Bullshit Kool Aid in here.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 09:45 AM
LMA has been owning a house in LA for years. Never ask to be traded there. Never he mentioned he wanted to play there.

LMA is an introvert according to most of his teammates. He never struck me as a player wanting the lime light.

Like Dallas, I don't see any reason why he would go to LA unless he really feels it the best opportunity to get a championship. It's like Woj said, its the Spurs or going back to Portland at this point. Seriously, this is the first time EVER the Spurs sent a Contingent to see a player like this. Notice how no other team is doing the same. I think the other teams know it's SA or Portland at this point as well.

The biggest play for the Spurs is his son living in SA. Texas guys hold family dear. I just believe LMA actually does and is just not saying this to sound nice.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Howard? how is that a comparison? Come on now. We are talking Laker franchise vs. Spurs franchise. Spurs win because of Duncan/Parker/Ginobili. Everybody else is just a piece and they make them better.

Let's stop drinking the Bullshit Kool Aid in here.

I am talking about promise of endorsement (yes from Timer Warner) and championship (well from Kobe ha ha) if Howard stayed in LA. He still bolted for Houston taking less money in the process. That is where I am getting at.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:48 AM
DMC hedging his bets.
I haven't hedged anything, haven't bet anything. I didn't say he'd come to SA then say he wouldn't. I say he won't. There's no hedging.

SequSpur
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Lakers show up with 3 CEOs from major companies in LA to meet with LMA. One of them the top dog of Time Warner. (TV Money)

Spurs show up with Pop, Tim, Tony, RC, a 25 oz Bud Light, the Coyote, an HEB cashier and Henry's Puffy Taco.

Come on now.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I seem to recall him in an LA uniform.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Lakers show up with 3 CEOs from major companies in LA to meet with LMA. One of them the top dog of Time Warner. (TV Money)

Spurs show up with Pop, Tim, Tony, RC, a 25 oz Bud Light, the Coyote, an HEB cashier and Henry's Puffy Taco.

Come on now.

It's a business first and foremost. Egos can be stroked with money just fine. Endorsement money is still money, and often eclipses NBA salary. I could see him signing a two year deal with LA with a player option after one.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:51 AM
I am talking about promise of endorsement (yes from Timer Warner) and championship (well from Kobe ha ha) if Howard stayed in LA. He still bolted for Houston taking less money in the process. That is where I am getting at.
But he was in LA, was he not? Had to be in order to bolt. He didn't bolt to the Spurs.

DPG21920
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Spurs kept their own major FA's. Duncan looked this way when he had plenty of opp to leave. Robinson did too. So did TP even when people said he craved a bigger market.

dbestpro
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Lakers just drafted D'Angelo Frickin Russell.... Russell > than any Spur on the roster...

Spurs need to stick to the plan. Sign Bonner.

I watched him play quite a bit this year as am Ohio St. alum. It will take him a few years to get up to speed, and his defense leaves much to be desired. In 3-4 years, with the right coaching we may become a top ten player in the mold of Rose with Chicago or he could become like OJ Mayo. The problem is, by the time he is good enough, LMA will have wasted several more years of his career. Going to LA will make immediate money (less all the California taxes), but it will do very little to extend his career or get him near a ring.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Spurs kept their own major FA's. Duncan looked this way when he had plenty of opp to leave. Robinson did too. So did TP even when people said he craved a bigger market.
Apples and oranges.

lefty
07-01-2015, 09:54 AM
4. Enrique

LongtimeSpursFan
07-01-2015, 09:54 AM
LMA has been owning a house in LA for years. Never ask to be traded there. Never he mentioned he wanted to play there.

LMA is an introvert according to most of his teammates. He never struck me as a player wanting the lime light.

Like Dallas, I don't see any reason why he would go to LA unless he really feels it the best opportunity to get a championship. It's like Woj said, its the Spurs or going back to Portland at this point. Seriously, this is the first time EVER the Spurs sent a Contingent to see a player like this. Notice how no other team is doing the same. I think the other teams know it's SA or Portland at this point as well.

The biggest play for the Spurs is his son living in SA. Texas guys hold family dear. I just believe LMA actually does and is just not saying this to sound nice.

Aldridge also loves the time he spent being a Longhorn. I think Austin being a short drive away allows him to continue they relationship that he covets.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 09:55 AM
I seem to recall him in an LA uniform.

I am talking about the meeting when he was a FA with the Lakers. They could sign him to a longer more lucrative contract and way more endorsement monies. Yet he walked. Tells you something.

SequSpur
07-01-2015, 09:55 AM
I watched him play quite a bit this year as am Ohio St. alum. It will take him a few years to get up to speed, and his defense leaves much to be desired. In 3-4 years, with the right coaching we may become a top ten player in the mold of Rose with Chicago or he could become like OJ Mayo. The problem is, by the time he is good enough, LMA will have wasted several more years of his career. Going to LA will make immediate money (less all the California taxes), but it will do very little to extend his career or get him near a ring.

Really? You sure it wasn't Ohio State Junior College?

DPG21920
07-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Apples and oranges.

How so? Stars are stars. You can't discount SA when they have managed to keep some of the biggest FA in the business year after year when all that exists outside of SA is more appealing.

Leetonidas
Hopefully this turns out like your Curry thread tbh

DarrinS
4. Enrique

:lmao

TheGoldStandard
Reverse jinx in effect

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
I am talking about the meeting when he was a FA with the Lakers. They could sign him to a longer more lucrative contract and way more endorsement monies. Yet he walked. Tells you something.

You're comparing two unlike things. One is a guy who's never played for the Lakers vs a guy who was currently with them. Players with egos like to be courted by other teams, it lets them know they are wanted. Howard went to LA. That much we know. So he wasn't opposed to doing what LMA is considering doing. LMA isn't faced with re-signing with LA.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM
4. Enrique
He's got Lillard now, not much different tbh as far as being ball dominant.

dbestpro
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Really? You sure it wasn't Ohio State Junior College?

I must be spot on if that's the best you got.

SequSpur
07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
I must be spot on if that's the best you got.

I wonder why he was drafted #2? I guess Mitch should've checked with you first.

Blake
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Meh, the whole "living in San Antonio" angle is always overblown. These guys are on the road, visiting every city throughout the season and get plenty of action and nightlife that way.

And in the off season, they stay in summer homes.

I think for him the three main issues are:

1. Salary
2. Chance at ring
3. Will he be the #1 guy on the team

cjw
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM
It's a business first and foremost. Egos can be stroked with money just fine. Endorsement money is still money, and often eclipses NBA salary. I could see him signing a two year deal with LA with a player option after one.

It's 2015, people get major endorsement deals regardless of where they play if they're stars. Where it matters on the margin is for non-stars:
- Westbrook and Durant do okay for themselves in OKC. Rubio and Love were doing national commercials together while in Minnesota. Lillard is doing State Farm commercials now, and the list goes on and on.
- Drew Brees plays in the armpit that is New Orleans and he's one of the most recognizable players in the league. Guys who play in the smallest market in pro sports do just fine (Green Bay). Both the current and former Indy quarterbacks have done / are fine. Winning helps a lot.

Meanwhile, if guys don't perform or get hurt they fall off the map no matter which market they're in. Amare and Tyson Chandler became afterthoughts in NY, just like all the expensive Nets did.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Meh, the whole "living in San Antonio" angle is always overblown. These guys are on the road, visiting every city throughout the season and get plenty of action and nightlife that way.

1. Salary
2. Chance at ring

Unless you've ever had the option to live elsewhere, living in SA is a huge deal breaker. It's often the 1st thing on the agenda for a reason. Why do you think players want to be in Miami? Why NY? Why LA? Oh because the Lakers are so fucking great. Right. They want to live with civilized people.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:09 AM
It's 2015, people get major endorsement deals regardless of where they play if they're stars. Where it matters on the margin is for non-stars:
- Westbrook and Durant do okay for themselves in OKC. Rubio and Love were doing national commercials together while in Minnesota. Lillard is doing State Farm commercials now, and the list goes on and on.
- Drew Brees plays in the armpit that is New Orleans and he's one of the most recognizable players in the league. Guys who play in the smallest market in pro sports do just fine (Green Bay). Both the current and former Indy quarterbacks have done / are fine. Winning helps a lot.

Meanwhile, if guys don't perform or get hurt they fall off the map no matter which market they're in. Amare and Tyson Chandler became afterthoughts in NY, just like all the expensive Nets did.

So you think Aldridge wouldn't get more endorsement money in LA than in Portland? "major" is a relative term. 10m is major money, but 20m is twice as major. Imagine you could get 10m more a season on your NBA salary by going to team A instead of team B. Instead of making 10m a year, you get 20m. Now put that as endorsement money instead. Same concept.

Superstars will get endorsements, sure, but LMA isn't a superstar. He could become one in LA however, given how others are dropping like flies.

SpursFanInAustin
07-01-2015, 10:13 AM

1. Salary
2. Chance at ring

I think #2 and #3 would usually be flipped.

DPG21920
07-01-2015, 10:15 AM
But yes, these are reasons why if he doesn't choose SA but LA, that he did it.

Pound the rock
07-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Unless you've ever had the option to live elsewhere, living in SA is a huge deal breaker. It's often the 1st thing on the agenda for a reason. Why do you think players want to be in Miami? Why NY? Why LA? Oh because the Lakers are so fucking great. Right. They want to live with civilized people.

All those cities you mentioned, have high crime rates and spawn the most serial killers, civilized?

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Don't know how he can turn down playing in Poortland or catching offensive rebounds for Kobe...

Blake
07-01-2015, 10:26 AM

I think many want to be in NY or LA because of the limelight.

the best player in the world just left Miami.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Yeah, and he did it for FAMILY.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM

You're trying to separate limelight from the city. There's a reason limelight is in NY and LA.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Yeah, and he did it for FAMILY.
lol

You're one naive motherfucker if you believe that for an instant.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:48 AM
All those cities you mentioned, have high crime rates and spawn the most serial killers, civilized?

In SA the socially elite hang where exactly? Oh that's right, they fly to LA or NY. Austin is more socially elite than SA.

Agloco
07-01-2015, 10:49 AM
DMC hedging his bets.

This. Your Kung Fu is usually stronger than this DMC. I'm not buying what you're selling here.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 10:50 AM
lol

You're one naive motherfucker if you believe that for an instant.

Really, his wife family all lives there. Really, who in the hell would want to live in Akron. Jason Kidd didn't sign with the Spurs because of his then wife. So yeah, that is what I believe.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:51 AM
If he is serious about winning and being close to his kid, he wont go to that shitty team.

A guy worth millions who has lived away from his kid for that long isn't serious. It's all media fodder, nothing more. NBA stars almost always want the same things, fame, fortune and success. Being near Jr never mattered to them.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Really, his wife family all lives there. Really, who in the hell would want to live in Akron. Jason Kidd didn't sign with the Spurs because of his then wife. So yeah, that is what I believe.

lol

He's worth hundreds of millions. She can live anywhere she goddamn well pleases. If it was that important to him he wouldn't have left.

Kidd's wife didn't want to live in SA either, he just didn't want to take the blame on his shoulders.

There's always these "reasons".

Ignignokt
07-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Pointless thread, he could live in Austin. San Antonio is no different than Milwaukee, Kansas City, or any other city.

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:53 AM
This. Your Kung Fu is usually stronger than this DMC. I'm not buying what you're selling here.

You'll be on the outside looking in.

Spur|n|Austin
07-01-2015, 10:58 AM
lol

DMC
07-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Pointless thread, he could live in Austin. San Antonio is no different than Milwaukee, Kansas City, or any other city.
SA is one of my favorite places and I go everywhere. Still, it's not a Mecca for the wealthy.

Agloco
07-01-2015, 11:00 AM
You'll be on the outside looking in.

SPLITTER to ATL tells me you're wrong. But that's the joy of doing what you just did. You weren't buying what you were selling either.

Russ
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
The biggest play for the Spurs is his son living in SA. Texas guys hold family dear.

He lives in LA during the off season.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
lol

He's worth hundreds of millions. She can live anywhere she goddamn well pleases. If it was that important to him he wouldn't have left.

Kidd's wife didn't want to live in SA either, he just didn't want to take the blame on his shoulders.

There's always these "reasons".

Yet, Lebron in his letter said he is moving back to Ohio because of family.

Kidd stated in an interview that THE ONLY REGRET he had in his career was not signing with the Spurs. These guys are worth a shit load of money, but it doesn't mean they don't value family. Just saying, just because maybe you don't doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

Blake
07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
You're trying to separate limelight from the city. There's a reason limelight is in NY and LA.

Eh, it's not like free agents line up begging to play in those cities, even with civilized lime light.

I think it's somewhere around reason #5 or 6. Definitely not the top reason why free agents go where they do.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
He lives in LA during the off season.

And his son visits him. But from what a teammate of his said, he wanted to be closer to his son because his son is 5 and at the age he needs his father. This might be BS, but look, it looks like LMA is coming to the Spurs. So maybe there was some truth to it after all.

I thought Dallas was the frontrunner with HIS family being from Dallas. But his Baby mama's family is from SA.

cutewizard
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
This thread is obsolete in a few days,

as LMA signs with Spurs

===== as the sun rises in the east, believe that Aldridge comes here.....

RD2191
07-01-2015, 11:48 AM
OP has balls. Big, overweight, obese balls. But balls nonetheless.

Aztecfan03
07-01-2015, 11:54 AM
If he doesn't want to play here because he doesn't want to be in the shadow of Duncan, then he is a pussy.

Mr Bones
07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
It's silly when someone makes a huge generalization like "Stars don't wanna play in San Antonio." There are many stars and they are all different people with different personalities. Shaq and Yao, Jerry West and Bill Russell, Walt Frazier and Dave Cowens, Dr J and Bird, Allen Iverson and John Stockton, Duncan and Kobe. Even if many stars share some personality characteristics, that wouldn't eliminate the possibility of one star choosing any one destination. And it looks like it's about to happen...

pgardn
07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
This is hilarious.

Like we all are in LMA's head.

Just for the huge award of saying I told you so on ST with a 50/50 question. This is Ms. Cleo type shit. DMC, the great Kreskin. Uri Geller bending that spoon with the powerful mind waves.

DMC
07-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Yet, Lebron in his letter said he is moving back to Ohio because of family.

What did you expect him to say, "I'm going back to Cleveland because I don't want to split the pot 3 ways in Miami"? The truth would have been expensive, and unnecessary when the fan base is clogged with naive people.

Kidd stated in an interview that THE ONLY REGRET he had in his career was not signing with the Spurs. These guys are worth a shit load of money, but it doesn't mean they don't value family. Just saying, just because maybe you don't doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

Do you really believe the shit these people say?

DMC
07-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Eh, it's not like free agents line up begging to play in those cities, even with civilized lime light.

I think it's somewhere around reason #5 or 6. Definitely not the top reason why free agents go where they do.

If LA had the run the Spurs have had over the past 16 years, you'd have to beat free agents away. Hell, they sucked and got Shaq, Pau, Dwight, Artest, Nash (lol) and Boozer. Spurs would have thought they won the lottery if they got Boozer.

DMC
07-01-2015, 04:01 PM
And his son visits him. But from what a teammate of his said, he wanted to be closer to his son because his son is 5 and at the age he needs his father. This might be BS, but look, it looks like LMA is coming to the Spurs. So maybe there was some truth to it after all.

I thought Dallas was the frontrunner with HIS family being from Dallas. But his Baby mama's family is from SA.
You should give that more consideration. Black male has reason to be away from kids, and you think he's suffering because of it. lol

Blake
07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
If LA had the run the Spurs have had over the past 16 years, you'd have to beat free agents away. Hell, they sucked and got Shaq, Pau, Dwight, Artest, Nash (lol) and Boozer. Spurs would have thought they won the lottery if they got Boozer.

Shaq was the only one in that group that moved to LA to be in Hollywood. The rest came to win a title. And Pau and Dwight bolted when they realized they weren't gonna any more.

but otherwise good point on why the location itself is overblown

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm hopping on the DMC wagon. LMA is re-signing in Portland.

Mr Bones
07-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Why did LeBron go to Cleveland? You say it had nothing to do with family, so isn't LeBron the perfect example of a star who didn't care about the glamour of L.A., N.Y., or Chicago?

Obstructed_View
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Wrong on all counts. The only reason he wouldn't come to SA is if this was all an elaborate ploy by the Blazers to make the Spurs give up a starter or two. I figured something was up when the Blazers were unable to fuck the Spurs during the draft.

I'm assuming the Spurs have a plan B. Getting a defensive-minded discount big and Draymond Green? :lol

DPG21920
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Welp - he's not living in LA. No other big cities to choose from.

DMC
07-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Why did LeBron go to Cleveland? You say it had nothing to do with family, so isn't LeBron the perfect example of a star who didn't care about the glamour of L.A., N.Y., or Chicago?
No, different dynamic. The narrative for Lebron is that of a returning king coming to bring his city out of ruins. Anywhere else and he's just Lebron James. In Cleveland he's the return of the chosen one.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-01-2015, 06:49 PM

This technique of taking known quantities and claiming they are the opposite is just so edgy and clever.

Embedded
07-01-2015, 07:00 PM
$20 Million in California equals about $17.4 Million in Texas due to California's State Income Tax of 13% over $1 Million. PLUS, California's sales tax is 7.5% Texas is 6.25%.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:35 PM
$20 Million in California equals about $17.4 Million in Texas due to California's State Income Tax of 13% over $1 Million. PLUS, California's sales tax is 7.5% Texas is 6.25%.
You have that backwards.

It would be 23 million in Texas.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:38 PM
This technique of taking known quantities and claiming they are the opposite is just so edgy and clever.

And post cum hoc ergo procter mop.

Aztecfan03
07-01-2015, 09:41 PM
You have that backwards.

It would be 23 million in Texas.

i think he meant he could make 17,4 million in texas and it wouldn't be any worse than 20 million in california.

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Don't they have to pay whatever state they play in though?

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2015, 09:45 PM
1. Tyson Chandler
2. Tyson Chandler
3. Tyson Chandler

DMC
07-01-2015, 09:46 PM
5 years ago TC would make the difference. Right now he's not even close to the answer. I can't see LMA having him as a difference maker unless LMA is an idiot.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-01-2015, 09:47 PM
I haven't hedged anything, haven't bet anything. I didn't say he'd come to SA then say he wouldn't. I say he won't. There's no hedging.

I say you're dead wrong and that it's been in the works for months.

Vic Petro
07-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Bump

DMC
07-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Happy to be wrong. Enjoy flogging me with the cat o' 9 tails.. my name is Kunta.. Mandingo warrior.

lefty
07-04-2015, 12:20 PM

http://www.jamspreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_m7as93HkzH1qfqzs8o1_400.gif

Blizzardwizard
07-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm hopping on the DMC wagon. LMA is re-signing in Portland.

Blizzardwizard with the Lefty quality jinx.

Mikeanaro
07-04-2015, 01:36 PM
:whine