PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Strong belief that LMA returns to Holidayland for additional $30 mill. Rick Bucher

Thread
07-01-2015, 02:48 PM
"Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington."

Thread
07-01-2015, 02:52 PM
The local ESPN feed 98.7 had Bucher on moments ago and asked him if it were a foregone conclusion that LMA was locked into San Antonio. Not verbatim, but, LMA is doing the grand tour to be courted, but, that he is being advised by his people that once Duncan/Manu/Parker/Pop retire he won't have a pot to piss in and the proverbial window to throw it out of. If he stays in Holidayland, gets a haircut and doesn't wear the flag patch on his jacket will be better off.

Bucher came off as committed.

Killakobe81
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
The local ESPN feed 98.7 had Bucher on moments ago and asked him if it were a foregone conclusion that LMA was locked into San Antonio. Not verbatim, but, LMA is doing the grand tour to be courted, but, that he is being advised by his people that once Duncan/Manu/Parker/Pop retire he won't have a pot to piss in and the proverbial window to throw it out of. If he stays in Holidayland, gets a haircut and doesn't wear the flag patch on his jacket will be better off.

he sucks. Hasnt been strongly connected in years.

midnightpulp
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Makes no sense. Kawhi and Green are the selling points for LMA, not fat ass Parker and certainly not an about to retire Manu. Duncan is also somewhat of a selling point, since has a 2 good years left and Aldridge would know that they can make a serious run in that time frame. Pop is also going nowhere for the next few years.

illmatic
07-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I thought Pop said he was leaving as soon as Duncan retires?

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Makes no sense. Kawhi and Green are the selling points for LMA, not fat ass Parker and certainly not an about to retire Manu. Duncan is also somewhat of a selling point, since has a 2 good years left and Aldridge would know that they can make a serious run in that time frame. Pop is also going nowhere for the next few years.

Whats two good years when you coast the whole season on the strength of your team

#Faggot

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2015, 03:09 PM

He'd be a fool to sign in SA.....and doomed I might add..they would have a 1 yr window at best and then its over..they have no upside and no fututre

Buddy Mignon
07-01-2015, 03:10 PM

He could have stayed in Portland with Lillard and Batum... and made more money. LMA is looking for a team to carry him while he does the bare minimum.

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:11 PM

That's the company line. Your shit rests in Duncan, Parker, Manu and Pop. What you're referencing is projection.

It is a strong hypothesis, and you know it, Midst.

midnightpulp
07-01-2015, 03:11 PM
He'd be a fool to sign in SA.....and doomed I might add..they would have a 1 yr window at best and then its over..they have no upside and no fututre

We have a 23 year old Finals MVP and DPOY. One of the best 3 and D players in the league who is still young. And the best FO in basketball that knows how to build rosters.

All the Lakers have is the guy in your sig who shot 39% against the top 80 NCAA defenses :lol

midnightpulp
07-01-2015, 03:13 PM
He could have stayed in Portland with Lillard and Batum... and made more money. LMA is looking for a team to carry him while he does the bare minimum.

Him and Lillard don't get along.

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM

Tim & Amy didn't get along and look where that le.....bad example.

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:15 PM
We have a 23 year old Finals MVP and DPOY. One of the best 3 and D players in the league who is still young. And the best FO in basketball that knows how to build rosters.

You got Duncan, Parker, Mono and Pop. That's what you got.

whitemamba
07-01-2015, 03:16 PM

thats not true

Spurs9
07-01-2015, 03:16 PM
:lol Thread trying so hard for that paragraph seem official but then had to throw in his old "pot to piss in" to give himself away trying to be the LMA TMZ.

midnightpulp
07-01-2015, 03:18 PM

Wrong. What we got won a Finals MVP and a DPOY. Manu and Parker ain't been selling points for 4 seasons.

spurraider21
07-01-2015, 03:22 PM
:lmao lakers

http://i58.tinypic.com/34i2r69.jpg

Cry Havoc
07-01-2015, 03:23 PM

The Spurs 5 bench players would beat the Lakers starters in a series in 5 games. :lol

Cry Havoc
07-01-2015, 03:23 PM

:lmao

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
:lol Thread trying so hard for that paragraph seem official but then had to throw in his old "pot to piss in" to give himself away trying to be the LMA TMZ.

You can listen as well. 98.7 has a website where you can listen in.

http://arizonasports.com/

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Wrong. What we got won a Finals MVP and a DPOY. Manu and Parker ain't been selling points for 4 seasons.

You're splittin' hairs, Midst. Don't do it. I have you this time. Don't revert.

07-01-2015, 03:32 PM
I thought Pop said he was leaving as soon as Duncan retires?
Pop signed a contract extension last summer. Even if he retires from coaching in 2-3 years, he'll still be president of operations like Riley. By then maybe Bud or Brown comes back. Pop has mentored many current and former coaches. Won't be hard for him to pick a successor.

The Spurs will have the best window to win in the next couple of years and that is also Aldridge's last couple of prime years. What happens after that is speculation. Spurs do have a 24 yr old FMVP and DPOY on their team that's locked up. They have Green who is also locked up in a friendly contract. In a few years, Parker's contract won't seem so bad and the Spurs should still have loads of cap space. Spurs can win now and have pieces for the future.

Buddy Mignon
07-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Pop signed a contract extension last summer. Even if he retires from coaching in 2-3 years, he'll still be president of operations like Riley. By then maybe Bud or Brown comes back. Pop has mentored many current and former coaches. Won't be hard for him to pick a successor.

The Spurs will have the best window to win in the next couple of years and that is also Aldridge's last couple of prime years. What happens after that is speculation. Spurs do have a 24 yr old FMVP and DPOY on their team that's locked up. They have Green who is also locked up in a friendly contract. In a few years, Parker's contract won't seem so bad and the Spurs should still have loads of cap space. Spurs can win now and have pieces for the future.

He's not an all-star... not even close.

ElNono
07-01-2015, 03:38 PM
What prompted this thread? Did the Lakeshow strike out on Tyson Chandler too?

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
What prompted this thread?

A ray of hope that you may not get LMA.

Darth_Pelican
07-01-2015, 03:40 PM

this feels pretty appropriate here:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:42 PM
this feels pretty appropriate here:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

The motherfucker.

DMC
07-01-2015, 03:46 PM

Dale, you're always entertaining but you should stick to trendy shit, because when you try to blend prose with NBA talk you fail horribly. It's painfully obvious you don't know shit about basketball, that you only know superficial fan level shit but you love to shit talk so you disguise it with flowery prose.

Thread
07-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Dale, you're always entertaining but you should stick to trendy shit, because when you try to blend prose with NBA talk you fail horribly. It's painfully obvious you don't know shit about basketball, that you only know superficial fan level shit but you love to shit talk so you disguise it with flowery prose.

Am I pre or post Pau?

Clipper Nation
07-01-2015, 03:52 PM

:lol Thinking Robin Lopez will even touch the Lakers with a ten-foot pole

dbestpro
07-01-2015, 04:17 PM

I don't think I have ever seen a person stutter in their post before.

stxspurs
07-01-2015, 05:37 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Quot+while+we+sit+here+and+make+dank+memes+about+t heir+_a321cbf699fb6c9d565139b930a15195.jpg
I don't think I have ever seen a person stutter in their post before.

Strange Love
07-01-2015, 07:01 PM

He'll have Tony for a few good years and Leonard for the forseable future. I think he'd be in a good place.

That said though, you can keep this guy. People are making him look like the second coming with all this attention.

Also, if he goes to the Lakers, isn't he on the same boat? Who's left at the lakers at this point? It's mass desolation over there cubs.

Thebesteva
07-01-2015, 07:09 PM

You seem like you want LMA in SA but you posted just yesterday how LMA is just a big name with very little talent at this stage