PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horry Sighting.

TheWriter
09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I went to the Parade of Homes today and saw none other than Robert Horry walking around checking out the multi million dollar homes.

I didn't talk to him but f.y.i, I'm probably going to buy two or three homes. :spin

Geno Billy
09-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Cool. Do you have an aerial view of you and Robert?

angel_luv
09-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Awesome!

CubanMustGo
09-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Hey, I saw Pop at the airport (gate 35) in SA this afternoon. He looked tired. Surprisingly, nobody was hassling him for an autograph or anything.

Solid D
09-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey, I saw Pop at the airport (gate 35) in SA this afternoon. He looked tired. Surprisingly, nobody was hassling him for an autograph or anything.

I'm not surprised. People are afraid Pop will go "Serbian" on them if they approach him. :smokin

angel_luv
09-11-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not surprised. People are afraid Pop will go "Serbian" on them if they approach him. :smokin

I can see why he's be intimidating, but Pop is actually very nice... at least he was to me.

Solid D
09-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm sure Pop is nice to most everyone. He just likes to give some members of the media the business every now and then.

spurs=bling
09-12-2005, 12:02 AM

:lol :lol :lol

spurs=bling
09-12-2005, 12:03 AM
big shot bobby, cool

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 12:10 AM
No one even bothered the guy (Big Shot). It was crazy, because there were a lot of people, a lot, and he was not once bothered.

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Also, let me tell you, these homes were huge. You go inside them (I went inside 15 homes) and they all had balconies that overlooked nothing but beautiful hills for miles on. It was rainy today so the overcast made it less picture perfect but none the less beautiful.

Boy those homes were secluded.

Horry For 3!
09-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Also, let me tell you, these homes were huge. You go inside them (I went inside 15 homes) and they all had balconies that overlooked nothing but beautiful hills for miles on. It was rainy today so the overcast made it less picture perfect but none the less beautiful.

Awesome...

Kori Ellis
09-12-2005, 12:55 AM
No one even bothered the guy (Big Shot). It was crazy, because there were a lot of people, a lot, and he was not once bothered.

I wouldn't imagine that he'd be bothered in this circumstance -- he was looking at houses. Whenever the Spurs players are doing things like looking for a car, at the post office or bank, etc. no one ever goes up to them. In fact, when I see them in restaurants or something, people rarely go up to them. I guess that's one thing that is cool for them for the most part in S.A. -- people respect their privacy.

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't imagine that he'd be bothered in this circumstance -- he was looking at houses. Whenever the Spurs players are doing things like looking for a car, at the post office or bank, etc. no one ever goes up to them. In fact, when I see them in restaurants or something, people rarely go up to them. I guess that's one thing that is cool for them for the most part in S.A. -- people respect their privacy.

You're right. But there were a lot of people. I firgured someone would go up and start talking to him and ask for maybe an auto but he was not once bothered.

It was cool.

Kori Ellis
09-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Where (what part of town) are the houses? I would love to go look at huge homes like that.

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Where (what part of town) are the houses? I would love to go look at huge homes like that.

http://xs46.xs.to/pics/05371/map.gif

Sunday was the last day of the Parade of Homes.

I have two books they gave me which feature the homes. I can scan them and post them if you'd like.

Kori Ellis
09-12-2005, 01:11 AM
http://xs46.xs.to/pics/05371/map.gif

Sunday was the last day of the Parade of Homes.

I have two books they gave me which feature the homes. I can scan them and post them if you'd like.

No thanks, you don't need to scan them. I have one brochure of similar homes that I got a while back. One day, I'll go look at them.

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 01:16 AM
I quickly got these from the Anaqua Springs Ranch website:

These are renderings, the books I have are actual pictures. These renderings don't do any justice to the homes themselves or the views.

House 1:
http://www.anaquasprings.com/Images%20-%20Anaqua%20Springs%20Ranch%20Acreage%20Home%20Sit es/Homes/11411%20Cat%20Springs/11411%20Cat%20Springs.gif

House 2:
http://www.anaquasprings.com/Images%20-%20Anaqua%20Springs%20Ranch%20Acreage%20Home%20Sit es/Homes/11414%20Cat%20Springs/11414%20Cat%20Springs%20.jpg

http://www.paradesite.com/2005anaqua.htm

Find this picture at esanantonio.com:
http://www.esanantonio.com/images/cityaug.jpg

kskonn
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM

where were the other 7? They only had 8 opened when I went, and i went twice. My girlfriend works for one of the homebuilders that was helping put on the event.

It is also cool that robert was there, all the houses on display had already been sold, I wonder if he had bought one of them?

But yea those houses were incredible.

blackbucket
09-12-2005, 07:33 AM
where were the other 7? They only had 8 opened when I went, and i went twice. My girlfriend works for one of the homebuilders that was helping put on the event.

It is also cool that robert was there, all the houses on display had already been sold, I wonder if he had bought one of them?

But yea those houses were incredible.

I only saw the 8 that were part of the parade as well. The others are private, already sold homes are they not?? This brings up another question. Kori, you may be able to answer this. The sales lady where I am buying a house said that Tony Parker's house is in Anaqua Springs. Does anyone know if this is true?

kskonn
09-12-2005, 07:50 AM
I only saw the 8 that were part of the parade as well. The others are private, already sold homes are they not?? This brings up another question. Kori, you may be able to answer this. The sales lady where I am buying a house said that Tony Parker's house is in Anaqua Springs. Does anyone know if this is true?

Well from what I was told, even the 8 that were on display had already been sold. They were selling anywhere from 1.5- 2.5 million.

I wonder if tony parker moved with the new contract extension. I did not see any houses that had the fenced in half size basketball court behind it, did you?

However, I live over off of huebner and there is a house that has the exact court behind it that they showed in the SBC homecourt thing that they were doing last season.

blackbucket
09-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Well from what I was told, even the 8 that were on display had already been sold. They were selling anywhere from 1.5- 2.5 million.

I wonder if tony parker moved with the new contract extension. I did not see any houses that had the fenced in half size basketball court behind it, did you?

However, I live over off of huebner and there is a house that has the exact court behind it that they showed in the SBC homecourt thing that they were doing last season.

No I did not but I wasn't looking for it either. Although the house with the seperate gym, up on the hill and painted spurs court was absolutely kick ass!!! :smokin

ObiwanGinobili
09-12-2005, 08:28 AM
big shot bobby, cool

big shot ROB :D

:tu I'm glad to see that the fans can be just as classy as the players and organization. Man, SA kicks butt all the way around.

I don;t think i would've bothered him at he parade of homes either.. i would've really stuck out and my excitment would've gotton away with me and I would've made a complete ass of myself :lol
The best case scenario would be me noticably trying to discreetly follow @ 15 feet the rest of the day... :oops

kskonn
09-12-2005, 08:51 AM
No I did not but I wasn't looking for it either. Although the house with the seperate gym, up on the hill and painted spurs court was absolutely kick ass!!! :smokin

Yea I was wondering about that house. I talked to a couple of the private home builders and they said that they rearely ever build a house of that magnitude without already having a buyer. he said the houses are made very custom for the individual buyer. Which made me wonder if that house was one that any of the spurs had purchased.

Taco
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Cool. Do you have an aerial view of you and Robert?

:lol

mookie2001
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
wherever Horry goes he always rolls at least 1 deep

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
where were the other 7? They only had 8 opened when I went, and i went twice.

You're right, there were only "8" homes open but because it was raining they opened the doors to some other homes. You couldn't "explore" them just use them get out of the rain. But I was probably over guesstimating the number. More like 12 than anthing. I was there for a long time. It all became one big blur of million dollar homes. :lol

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 03:36 PM

Tony built himself a mansion after his rookie season.

Did you see the home with the huge ass guest house in the back on the hill?

blackbucket
09-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Tony built himself a mansion after his rookie season.

Did you see the home with the huge ass guest house in the back on the hill?

That wasn't a guest house. That was the gym I was talking about. It had a bball half court, climbing wall, fitness equipment, movie theater, and a jacuzzi on the second floor balcony!!! It was amazing :drunk

Oh yeah, it had a swing at the top of b ball court. :lol That was a little strange.