PDA

View Full Version : My MVP: Dallas vs San Diego

Taco
09-12-2005, 09:06 AM
I haven't heard anyone talking about it but our little kicker Jose Cortez was my unsung hero of the game

He made two tackles on kickoffs that would have been run back for touchdowns!!!

He lowered his shoulder and knocked the crap out of their return guy :lol

MiNuS
09-12-2005, 09:14 AM
The Cowboys had alot of MVP's yesterday. Henry had 1 int and 5 passes defensed.

BUt for me the Cowboy MVP for game 1 was definetely Bledsoe with something like 17-24 for 226 3 td and ZERO int and being sacked 4 times,he really came through for the Pokes.

There is alot of improvement that has to come from the offensive line.Once they get their pass protection better,Bledsoe is going to add years to his carreer.

The defense is not jelled so I would expect them to be coming together by game
5 or 6.Once they do this bunch is going to be great!

MiNuS
09-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Let me just say that before I became a Spurs fan I was a diehard Cowboys fan.I have followed the Cowboys since 89 when I was a sophmore in highshool.
I followed all the carreers of Irvin,Aikman,Emmitt,D Johnston,Maryland,Harper(until he left),Novacek,R. Maryland,Lett,K Smith,Woodson,Bates,Brown,Horton,E.Williams,Gogan, Stepnoski,Newton,L Allen,Tuinei.
Charles Haley(he was the Horry of football)

I still remember the Boys messed up by letting Jimmy Smith go to Jacksonville! He has better stats than Irvin now!He has missed very few games though out his carreer.

The 90's Cowboy's offensive line has to be considered one of the greatest of all time.

Taco
09-12-2005, 10:01 AM
The Cowboys had alot of MVP's yesterday. Henry had 1 int and 5 passes defensed.

BUt for me the Cowboy MVP for game 1 was definetely Bledsoe with something like 17-24 for 226 3 td and ZERO int and being sacked 4 times,he really came through for the Pokes.

Henry hits like a truck

Drew was great but sometimes he holds the ball to long

Key made some great catches and what about Crayton!!!!!

Roy Williams Roy Williams Roy Williams!!!!

Did you see when he came on the blitz Breeze said "F*ck it" and just went down on his own :lol

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Cortez rocks! :)

T Park
09-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Who was the WR, Bryant? That dude was awesome.

Keyshawn and Bledsoe together were fantastic.

The CB on the left side, number 42 cant remember his name, that dude was Deion esque.

Cowboys looked great.

They should blow out Washington, then who do they play in week 3?

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Who was the WR, Bryant? That dude was awesome.

Patrick Crayton. He rocked.

kskonn
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I saw one stat that blew my mind about henry. he had 12 tackles and 10 of them were solo, 3 of them were TD saving and out of his fove deflections 3 of those were deflected in the end zone. Out of those 3 two of them were in the receivers hands when he ripped them out.

I think that was the performance of the game.

but yea Crayton was great, everyone was great. It was just good to see those guys making plays.

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Henry, so far, is proving to be a good investment.

blaze89
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM

Must have learned to tackle when he was in the Vince McMahon's XFL.

Dre_7
09-12-2005, 01:46 PM

Is he just doing kickoffs??? Cuz if he is your FG kicker as well, then Dallas is SCREWED!

Horry For 3!
09-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I told everyone that Patrick Crayton will have a good year this year. So far week 1 = Approved :tu

kskonn
09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Is he just doing kickoffs??? Cuz if he is your FG kicker as well, then Dallas is SCREWED!

yea we are screwed in those regards. Cundiff went down late in training camp and was released from the team since he would be injured for 4-6 weeks.

We will just have to score touchdowns and not rely heavily on a field goal kicker.

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM

yes he is. he didn't do bad in preseason and hit all his extra points yesterday.

he was 5/6 in preseason with his only miss a 36 yarder. He made kicks from 33, 44, 37, 46, and 26.