PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't RC involved in recruiting LMA?

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:19 PM
If you read about the meetings the Spurs had with LMA, you'll quickly realize that RC wasn't even there. What the crap? Isn't he the GM and not Pop? Why the hell would a teams GM not be involved in a recruiting pitch? Why the hell was the team cancer A.K.A. Enrique Evita Porkins be there instead of RC? Something really screwy is going on in SA.

My suspicion is that there is some serious friction between Pop and RC. I'd suspect that RC really wanted to go after Kevin love and find a way to get rid of Enrique. Pop obviously wanted the opposite. I suspect Peter Holt had to come in to this dispute as the arbiter and ruled in favor of Pop. As a result, RC is now suspended (and probably about to be fired) and you'll probably hear about Danny Ferry being in negotiations to be the Spurs new GM shortly.

SMH Enrique.

intlspurshk
07-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Pop is the most senior person in the organisation and is well recognised by players. There is an absolute advantage for Pop to meet with LMA. RC maybe busy with recruiting other FA. I would regard it as an example of division of labor.

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Pop is the most senior person in the organisation and is well recognised by players. There is an absolute advantage for Pop to meet with LMA. RC maybe busy with recruiting other FA. I would regard it as an example of division of labor.

But why wouldn't you at least want your GM to be involved with going after the teams most coveted FA? WTF?

BillMc
07-04-2015, 12:28 PM
If you read about the meetings the Spurs had with LMA, you'll quickly realize that RC wasn't even there. What the crap? Isn't he the GM and not Pop? Why the hell would a teams GM not be involved in a recruiting pitch? Why the hell was the team cancer A.K.A. Enrique Evita Porkins be there instead of RC? Something really screwy is going on in SA.

My suspicion is that there is some serious friction between Pop and RC. I'd suspect that RC really wanted to go after Kevin love and find a way to get rid of Enrique. Pop obviously wanted the opposite. I suspect Peter Holt had to come in to this dispute as the arbiter and ruled in favor of Pop. As a result, RC is now suspended (and probably about to be fired) and you'll probably hear about Danny Ferry being in negotiations to be the Spurs new GM shortly.

SMH Enrique.

Wasn't he at the first meeting? And I'm sure RC spent plenty of time on the phone to LMA's people. My guess is he knows his role pretty well...

stxspurs
07-04-2015, 12:28 PM
whos cares...he coming

benstanfield
07-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't think RC is much of a 'people person'. He always comes off as super weird in interviews. Pop is like the greatest guy ever, of course you send him to actually make the pitch.

RC is busy in SA retaining Green, signing Leonard, and making space for LMA, which literally no one thought was possible.

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm referring more about face-to-face involvement, people.

lefty
07-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Because RC has that creepy look on his face

:lol would have scared LMA away tbh

SupremeGuy
07-04-2015, 12:32 PM
OP looking for anything to complain about, tbh. :lol

Anything to hold back the tears...

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Because RC has that creepy look on his face

:lol would have scared LMA away tbh

:lol

ChumpDumper
07-04-2015, 12:33 PM
If you read about the meetings the Spurs had with LMA, you'll quickly realize that RC wasn't even there.

The Spurs, on the other hand, appear set to land him after dumping Tiago Splitter to Atlanta on Wednesday. Aldridge was said to be impressed with their presentation in Los Angeles not long after, which included Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford.http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/07/02/phoenix-ramps-up-pursuit-of-aldridge/

OP is a failure.

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:35 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/07/02/phoenix-ramps-up-pursuit-of-aldridge/

OP is a failure.

Pics or GTFO

ChumpDumper
07-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Pics or GTFOYou failed, dude.

Take the L and start another thread about me.

That'll shoe me.

SilverSpur
07-04-2015, 12:37 PM
I think RC has to keep his distance during the recruitment process, so if and when LMA decides to opt out in Year three he can approach LMA from a higher level of the Organization, the owner being the highest.

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:39 PM
You failed, dude.

Take the L and start another thread about me.

That'll shoe me.

:lmao This thread wasn't even about you dumbass

ChumpDumper
07-04-2015, 12:48 PM
:lmao This thread wasn't even about you dumbassYou'll make it about me soon enough.

How does it feel to be so wrong and have it pointed out by me in front of everyone here?

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:49 PM
You'll make it about me soon enough.

How does it feel to be so wrong and have it pointed out by me in front of everyone here?

:lmao the derailer doing what he does best!

ChumpDumper
07-04-2015, 12:53 PM
:lmao the derailer doing what he does best!I'm on topic.

Your OP was wrong.

I proved it.