PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk: next year's rotation (with minutes)

itsamanuthree
07-04-2015, 12:26 PM
So, this just got pretty exciting.

Anyone willing to venture opinions on which players are going to make up the core of the rotation and how much playing time a game will they roughly have?

To begin with, Aldrige and Leonard will be the guys playing more minutes, I guess. So, I would say pop might start planning around that.

And, also, this guys' role on the team will change depending on who they playing next to at a given time.

So, what do you guys think?

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Enrique
Enrique
Enrique
Enrique
Enrique

itsamanuthree
07-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks for your opinion. Very interesting.

lefty
07-04-2015, 12:35 PM
LMA 10 minutes
Bonner 38

Because Pop

Jabba
07-04-2015, 12:36 PM
LMA 10 minutes
Bonner 38

Because Pop

LMA will probably be in the doghouse before the season starts

in2deep
07-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Duncan starts at the bench? Tiago Splitter role?

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Duncan starts at the bench? Tiago Splitter role?

Why?

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2015, 12:39 PM
In before Apoliscoc bitches about Aldridge taking Leonard's shots

lefty
07-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Aldridge taking Leonard's shots

That'S Tony Parker'S job

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2015, 12:45 PM
That'S Tony Parker'S job
:lol

SASdynasty!
07-04-2015, 12:50 PM
In before Apoliscoc bitches about Aldridge taking Leonard's shots

ajh18
07-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Something like this:

Duncan: 28
Aldridge: 30
Leonard: 32
Green: 30
Parker: 30

Diaw: 24
Manu: 20
Mills: 18
Backup Big: 12
Anderson: 8
Backup Small: 8

Vito Corleone
07-04-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm your Huckleberry

5 - Duncan 24, Diaw 12, Scrub 12

4 - Aldridge 36, Diaw 12

3 - Leonard 38, Green 10

2 - Green 24, Manu 24

1 - parker 32, CoJo/Mills split the rest.

itsamanuthree
07-04-2015, 12:53 PM
I seriously hope Bonner doesn't make the rotation. If he's a great teammate, fine, keep him as a bench warmer, but that's it.

TD 21
07-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Aldridge 32 to 34 mpg
Leonard 32 to 34 mpg
Duncan 28 to 30 mpg
Green 28 to 30 mpg
Parker 30 to 32 mpg

Ginobili 22 to 24 mpg
Diaw 22 to 24 mpg
Mills sixteen to 18 mpg
Backup C 10 to 12 mpg
Fourth wing 10 to 12 mpg

A few keys on my keyboard have inexplicably stopped working, hence the spelling of sixteen and utilizing of to instead of hyphens.

Mr Bones
07-04-2015, 04:52 PM
A few keys on my keyboard have inexplicably stopped working, hence the spelling of sixteen and utilizing of to instead of hyphens.

SpursRock20
07-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Aldridge 32 to 34 mpg
Leonard 32 to 34 mpg
Duncan 28 to 30 mpg
Green 28 to 30 mpg
Parker 30 to 32 mpg

Ginobili 22 to 24 mpg
Diaw 22 to 24 mpg
Mills sixteen to 18 mpg
Backup C 10 to 12 mpg
Fourth wing 10 to 12 mpg

Got a little too excited after the LMA signing I see.

TD 21
07-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Got a little too excited after the LMA signing I see.

:lol Nah, it actually happened a few days ago.

Kawhi 5-0
07-04-2015, 08:13 PM
This is my first post. Great thread here! This may be a little off topic, but it relates to the minutes projections above.

Some of the projections look pretty accurate, but it brings up the point about the rest of the roster. We know Tony and Patty are under contract, but no CoJo yet. CoJo was so valuable last year. I wonder how many teams took note? Is he the kind of guy to forego money at this point in his career with the understanding that he's part of the organization's future?

Of course we also know about Green and Reggie Williams, but now that Marco is gone that leaves us just wondering about Manu. Think about where Aldridge is coming from: Portland. They had a pretty great starting five, but their bench sucked. We really need Manu to run the second unit. Green is a completely different kind of player. Same with Mills. I hope Manu's not too sore about Green's payday.

At the three we know about Leonard. Will Kyle Anderson get minutes? Seems his biggest liability is his lack of speed. But if you think about the recent success of Diaw (also not an Olympic sprinter), then it seems that Anderson's other talents could get him minutes.

Of course we're all ecstatic about Aldridge and we know that Duncan and Diaw will be back. With Splitter and Baynes gone, that leaves Timmy as the only defensive 5. Aldridge and Diaw could play either 4 or 5, though will struggle defensively against height or extreme size of opposing 5s. This, of course, leaves us unsure about Bonner and Ayers. To me, the perfect complements to our current bigs would be Capella from Houston and free-agent Kevin Seraphin. While this would still leave us a little height/size-challenged, it would give us youth and tenacity. Not sure if Capella could be pried away. Also, not sure what Seraphin is going to fetch on the market. It would be nice to add some size just for insurance. Maybe Nazr? I don't think Kendrick Perkins would survive Pop's coaching.

Alright, thanks everyone,

Paul

SpursRock20
07-04-2015, 11:19 PM
This is my first post. Great thread here! This may be a little off topic, but it relates to the minutes projections above.

Some of the projections look pretty accurate, but it brings up the point about the rest of the roster. We know Tony and Patty are under contract, but no CoJo yet. CoJo was so valuable last year. I wonder how many teams took note? Is he the kind of guy to forego money at this point in his career with the understanding that he's part of the organization's future?

Of course we also know about Green and Reggie Williams, but now that Marco is gone that leaves us just wondering about Manu. Think about where Aldridge is coming from: Portland. They had a pretty great starting five, but their bench sucked. We really need Manu to run the second unit. Green is a completely different kind of player. Same with Mills. I hope Manu's not too sore about Green's payday.

At the three we know about Leonard. Will Kyle Anderson get minutes? Seems his biggest liability is his lack of speed. But if you think about the recent success of Diaw (also not an Olympic sprinter), then it seems that Anderson's other talents could get him minutes.

Of course we're all ecstatic about Aldridge and we know that Duncan and Diaw will be back. With Splitter and Baynes gone, that leaves Timmy as the only defensive 5. Aldridge and Diaw could play either 4 or 5, though will struggle defensively against height or extreme size of opposing 5s. This, of course, leaves us unsure about Bonner and Ayers. To me, the perfect complements to our current bigs would be Capella from Houston and free-agent Kevin Seraphin. While this would still leave us a little height/size-challenged, it would give us youth and tenacity. Not sure if Capella could be pried away. Also, not sure what Seraphin is going to fetch on the market. It would be nice to add some size just for insurance. Maybe Nazr? I don't think Kendrick Perkins would survive Pop's coaching.

Paul
Welcome to the board, Paul!

itsamanuthree
07-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Paul

Welcome!

BillMc
07-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Paul

Welcome Paul! Great first post!

aal04
07-05-2015, 04:23 PM
"backup c"

Big guys are the most paid players in the NBA. Guys that cant hit a free throw or jump shot getting paid 12-20mill.

Im legitimately worried about this position. We have to find one that can defend the inside for the minimum.