PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's officiating

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 09:39 AM
The officiating stunk this weekend. Michigan scored on the QB sneak the play BEFORE the fumble. The called fumble OBVIOUSLY caused by the ground that was eventually reversed. The official right near the TD catch that saw the whole thing and was reviewed by instant replay.

Instant replay is being abused already in what is this, week 2? Officials are not making calls on the field almost like they expect to get bailed out by instant replay. There must have been a big turnover of officials this past offseason, because these crews aren't worth a damn.

Instant replay is a monster. Train crews to make the right call the first time, and if you want instant replay go to the pro system of challenging calls.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-12-2005, 10:06 AM
The fumble in the Michigan game was the right call.

The view from the backside of the play showed the QB never had possession of the ball - you could see it bouncing on the ground while the Michigan QB was looking down for it. It rolled straight through the pile to the back side where the defender recovered.

It was a good call.

Clandestino
09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
yeah, i agree...good call

Clandestino
09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
but yeah, they can't have unlimited challenges either. i remember those marathon nfl games before when every single play was challenged

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 10:21 AM
The fumble in the Michigan game was the right call.

The view from the backside of the play showed the QB never had possession of the ball - you could see it bouncing on the ground while the Michigan QB was looking down for it. It rolled straight through the pile to the back side where the defender recovered.

It was a good call.

I'm talking about the play before that when they marked the ball at the 1/2" line.

FromWayDowntown
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm talking about the play before that when they marked the ball at the 1/2" line.

I agree with that. There's no doubt that Henne fumbled on the second play. But he scored on the first play after Avant's big catch. The officials got too wrapped up in calling an illegal participation penalty against ND. ABC never showed a replay of the first down play, but I was absolutely certain that Henne got in the first time.

I thought both the Michigan/ND game and the UT/OSU game were horrendously officiated.