PDA

View Full Version : So does this mean

GSH
07-04-2015, 02:15 PM
So does this mean Pop will once again be calling 4-down every other trip down the floor?

Will Tim be getting props for "doing all the little things", like Fabbs used to?

Will defense once again reign supreme in the NBA?

Will LMA draw enough hard double-teams for Danny Green to start getting (and knocking down) those open 3-pointers again?

Will Kawhi develop his in-between game, or are we going to be bitching about how clogged the middle is?

Thinking about how this is all going to fit together now, and it feels sort of... weird. The comparisons to David/Tim are going to be non-stop. The Spurs will have so many ways of putting the hurt on another team, but I can't decide if it's going to feel very familiar, or very different.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2015, 02:19 PM
I don't see much of a clash in skill sets among the starters. Presumably Duncan will be freed on the offensive side to play off the ball and Aldridge is good enough to command the double.

GSH
07-04-2015, 02:51 PM
I don't see much of a clash in skill sets among the starters. Presumably Duncan will be freed on the offensive side to play off the ball and Aldridge is good enough to command the double.

Do you think Pop will be running everything through LMA, like he did with Tim? (I was just thinking about how often Pop called that 4-down, and how strange it would be to have it going to someone other than Tim.) Like I said - wondering if they are going to look more like the Spurs of 5-6+ years ago, or more like they have the last couple of years.

Doubling Aldridge is going to make people have nightmares about Danny Green. They've been sticking to him out on the 3-P line, and he's been good but not great. He's a different guy when he has time to line them up. (And the bonus is that we won't have to see him try to put it on the floor as often.)