PDA

View Full Version : How does LMA help the development of Kawhi?

Wildcat67
07-04-2015, 02:50 PM
With the decline of Timmy's mid range jumper and Splitters total lack of any range, there was never much spacing for Kawhi to go to work in the post or as many driving lanes as teams would just sag off of Timmy to protect the paint. With LMA's ability to hit that 17-20 ft jumper this could open things up for Kawhi and maybe even help Parker get his mojo back and teams will have to pay more attention to LMA in the pick and roll (or pick and pop to be specific).

I think he is a perfect fit for what we needed going forward with Kawhi as a key piece to the offense.

Malik Hairston
07-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Kawhi always played better with Diaw on the floor, offensively, opened everything up..the Splitter/Duncan duo clogged the lane with opposing teams not respecting Duncan's jump shot for the past 2 years(rightfully so)..

Aldridge is going to open things up, a lot, especially if he starts shooting 3s, as planned..

SpurPadre
07-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Kawhi could crack 20ppg now without having to take much more shots than last season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Defenses won't be able to sag off and double team like they used to when Splitter was on the floor. Kawhi is decent at handling double teams, but did have a few hiccups in the Clippers series. Now it'll be even more costly when teams do so. League = fucked.

Mr. Body
07-04-2015, 03:15 PM
He was getting forced into a #1 position. He struggled a bit finding his moments. This lets him play off a top scorer more. Hell, we may even see some PNR between the two.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Obviously leaning on him for offensive production as a #1 option would lead to some limitation on the defensive end. Now it's more a scenario where he's sharing that #2/#3 load with Green and Parker and able to save more energy for shutting down an opponent's top perimeter scorer.

ducks
07-04-2015, 03:20 PM
if he would not get pick eye and be healthy at training camp pop will use him more

mookie2001
07-04-2015, 03:22 PM
If kawhi hasn't learned to dribble by now Lamarcus won't help

Nathan89
07-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Parker will still struggle to get by his man 1-on-1 tbh. Kawhi will have more room to operate as others have mentioned.

KL2
07-04-2015, 03:26 PM
I love his offense on this team, it opens up everything. I think Parker can get by on rep alone with his penetration, he drives, they collapse, kick out, move the ball, LMA wide open. You can also post Leonard/TD, they double, kick out again, the Spurs offense is going to be hard to beat.

I also look forward to their rebounding, I've seen LMA get some tough rebs. out there, you match him with Leonard and TD 8==D

Leonard will benefit a lot from playing alongside LMA, but Parker cannot fuck this up and he is definitely capable of doing so.

freetiago
07-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Id like to see what effect it has on Manu and Parker most importantly tbh. Parker losing a few steps can be helped with Aldridge spacing the floor and Manu lineups with Bonner in them were top in the NBA in offensive efficiency

Wildcat67
07-04-2015, 03:55 PM
If kawhi hasn't learned to dribble by now Lamarcus won't help

I've never understood what people are talking about when they say Kawhi can't dribble. Where are all these occasions where he is getting stripped for fumbling the ball away. He looks to have very good handles to me.

Mr Bones
07-04-2015, 03:58 PM
I want to see LMA continue to expand his 3 pt game, and hope Parker doubles or even triples his 3 pt attempts. Parker has shown over the last 3 seasons that he is a reliable 3 pt shooter, and it just makes sense in the evolution of his game as he ages. There will be line ups on the floor next season-- for example Parker/Green/Kawhi/LMA/Boris-- where every single Spur is a legitimate threat to shoot the three.

Mr. Body
07-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Id like to see what effect it has on Manu and Parker most importantly tbh. Parker losing a few steps can be helped with Aldridge spacing the floor and Manu lineups with Bonner in them were top in the NBA in offensive efficiency

Parker no longer has to create so much offense in the first unit. Splitter was basically dead as that goes.

You need to change your name, btw.

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-04-2015, 04:13 PM
I kinda wanna see some Kawhi/Aldridge pick and pops.

tholdren
07-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Ray allen is a loser