Spur-Addict
07-04-2015, 05:32 PM
:lobt2:

whitemamba
07-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Nba - fucked

midnightpulp
07-04-2015, 05:34 PM
This is a completely retarded move by Mitch, per par.

You have penetrators like Clarkson and Russell, and you go and sign Hibbert to pair with Randle who hasn't made a jumper since middle school. WTF?

This move simply stunts their development. Back to feeding Kobe in the post 40 times a game.

SuperCam
07-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Kobe doesn't need spacing. he's gonna let that shit fly free from 30 feet out if he has to. calling it now, 24 points per game on 39% shooting :wow

midnightpulp
07-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Kobe doesn't need spacing. he's gonna let that shit fly free from 30 feet out if he has to. calling it now, 24 points per game on 39% shooting :wow

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Mitch should've built a roster to facilitate the develop of their youth. Instead, he builds a roster that will basically force Kobe to chuck.

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 05:42 PM
This is a completely retarded move by Mitch, per par.

You have penetrators like Clarkson and Russell, and you go and sign Hibbert to pair with Randle who hasn't made a jumper since middle school. WTF?

This move simply stunts their development. Back to feeding Kobe in the post 40 times a game.

It's no so bad in retrospect. They pay him for one year and no one else can take that money and end up on their books next summer. They better be getting Indiana's first though if they're buying that shitty contract.

DPG21920
07-04-2015, 05:43 PM
It's no so bad in retrospect. They pay him for one year and no one else can take that money and end up on their books next summer. They better be getting Indiana's first though if they're buying that shitty contract.

No way. IND knows LA is the most desperate team in the NBA. They will sell the fact that Hibbert is still a talented player & that LA needs them. His contract is actually amazing. It's a huge expiring contract that can be used later in a trade.

midnightpulp
07-04-2015, 05:43 PM

Nah :lol

They GAVE the Pacers cash and the rights to their drafted Euro. :lmao

Bird picked Mitch's pocket.

RD2191
07-04-2015, 05:44 PM
No lyfe?

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 05:49 PM

No fucking way :lmao

Mitch, you got some fucking explaining to do. How did you not get a first for taking that dead weight off Indiana's books? That's fucking shameful. When the Spurs salary dumped Jefferson they had to give Golden State a first.

DPG21920
07-04-2015, 05:49 PM

Lakers are sending 2nd round picks for Hibbert - like I thought. No way IND was giving LA Hibbert and another asset.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Can Clarkson shoot? I don't feel like looking up the numbers..

What about Russell?

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Lakers are sending 2nd round picks for Hibbert - like I thought. No way IND was giving LA Hibbert and another asset.

Hibbert's not an asset though, the Lakers are the ones doing Indiana the favor. How did Mitch get to be such a shitty negotiator?

midnightpulp
07-04-2015, 05:57 PM

What about Russell?

Clarkson shot .386 >16 feet this past season, and Russell managed to shoot, overall, 39% against the top 80 NCAA ranked defenses.

DPG21920
07-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Hibbert's not an asset though, the Lakers are the ones doing Indiana the favor. How did Mitch get to be such a shitty negotiator?

All about leverage. LA has none. They are the laughing stock of the league and in shambles on their way to a third straight lottery. Their third straight free agency humiliation. LA had to do something and Bird knew it. Hibbert is a name. Hibbert has an expiring contract with no risk. Hibbert is a Laker now and Mitch had no choice but to surrender those picks - if only to save what part of his face still exists.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Hibbert is the same type of move as signing Lin and Boozer, tbh:lol..

Names that will give the perception that the front office made a good effort to try to compete..

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 05:59 PM
All about leverage. LA has none. They are the laughing stock of the league and in shambles on their way to a third straight lottery. Their third straight free agency humiliation. LA had to do something and Bird knew it. Hibbert is a name. Hibbert has an expiring contract with no risk. Hibbert is a Laker now and Mitch had no choice but to surrender those picks - if only to save what part of his face still exists.

Gotta give Bird props man, I don't think he went that raw on the Lakers in 84 even.

Raven
07-04-2015, 06:02 PM

What about Russell?

no, work in progress. Russell can shoot a little, allegedly

Mitch
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
No fucking way :lmao

Mitch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=36270), you got some fucking explaining to do. How did you not get a first for taking that dead weight off Indiana's books? That's fucking shameful. When the Spurs salary dumped Jefferson they had to give Golden State a first.

I wasn't responsible, I wanted to get a few clean first rounders but Chaz stepped in.

Raven
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Do you guys remember when Earl Clark was supposed to be the stroke of genius of their front office and the young talent they needed? Well he got humiliated in the summer league :lol

Splits
07-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Can't believe you guys let Ed Davis walk for peanuts. Had you kept him, you have at least a league average front court rotation.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 06:13 PM
A bunch of non-shooters playing Byron Scott basketball = keeping top 3 protected pick

Lakers front office doing another masterful tanking job next season, tbh..people keep clowning them, but they're actually on the correct tanking path IMO..

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 06:25 PM
A bunch of non-shooters playing Byron Scott basketball = keeping top 3 protected pick

Lakers front office doing another masterful tanking job next season, tbh..people keep clowning them, but they're actually on the correct tanking path IMO..

They should have been able to get a first for doing Bird a solid tbh.

DPG21920
07-04-2015, 06:25 PM

Sure, but like I've said they deserve absolutely zero credit. They are backing into the right path - if they had their way they would royally suck for a long time.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Sure, but like I've said they deserve absolutely zero credit. They are backing into the right path - if they had their way they would royally suck for a long time.

You have to sympathize, though..

They are in a very unique position, I can't think of anything that even compares to it:

- Top 2 player in your franchise history
- Getting paid a ridiculous amount of money
- Still one of the most popular players in the league and sells tickets
- Most beloved Laker of all-time
- One of the worst rotation players in the league
- Hurts your ability to rrcruit Free Agents

So, you have to play out his deal, but you can't end things on a bad note and hurt your relationship with the fans, as Jerry Buss is no longer there with his credibility and trust..tough situation..

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 06:33 PM
They also have to deal with Jeannie Buss, an absolute moron that looks like an idiot every time she opens her mouth:lol..

DPG21920
07-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Plus, their fan base is generally regarded as one of the least educated and dumb when it comes to basketball. If it's not ":lol count the rings" they pretty much have nothing to add.

So LA gets to get away with what they do, but every good Laker fan (key word Laker fan) here knows the truth. They are ending up ok because of luck, but their plan is terrible.

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 06:38 PM
They also have to deal with Jeannie Buss, an absolute moron that looks like an idiot every time she opens her mouth:lol..

Though she didn't look bad when she opened her legs for Playboy tbh

Raven
07-04-2015, 06:39 PM
this should have been the year where they signed solid rotation players like wes or harris, so they could max someone next year when the contract went off the book..

ElNono
07-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Did Byron Scott dropped "we're thinking championship" yet?

baseline bum
07-04-2015, 06:40 PM
this should have been the year where they signed solid rotation players like wes or harris, so they could max someone next year when the contract went off the book..

I still can't believe anyone signed Wes to anything more than a two year deal.

Nathan89
07-04-2015, 06:41 PM
San Antonio is over there playing chess while we're playing checkers.

Good lord I've been waiting for what feels like an eternity for them to fall off into the abyss but they just keep on making great signings

*facepalms*

I hate them but I grudging respect them

-Lakersground

Arcadian
07-04-2015, 06:41 PM

It's easy to say that, but how is that working out so far? Tanking is generally a fruitless endeavor. Very rarely does it actually result in building a title contending team. Why are you defending the Lakers anyway? You can call it "masterful tanking" all you want, but the reality is they're currently the worst franchise in the NBA, and as a Spurs fan, I'm enjoying every moment of it.

DPG21920
07-04-2015, 06:42 PM
-Lakersground

Checkers? :lmao Lakers are playing games for new borns while choking on the pieces because their parents aren't watching them closely.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Teams worse than the Lakers, on paper: Celtics(much better coach, though), Wolves, Sixers
Maybe worse: Pistons, Knicks, Nuggets

Still in a pretty good position to keep the top 3 pick..Have to hope Kobe doesn't get hurt, though..

Mitch
07-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Teams worse than the Lakers, on paper: Celtics(much better coach, though), Nuggets, Sixers
Maybe worse: Pistons, Wolves, Knicks

Still in a pretty good position to keep the top 3 pick..Have to hope Kobe doesn't get hurt, though..

Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Mitch should've built a roster to facilitate the develop of their youth. Instead, he builds a roster that will basically force Kobe to chuck.

You're just mad we made a move that all but negates you signing LMA....Roy doesnt need the ball so again how does that stunt the growth of our youth exactly?

spurraider21
07-04-2015, 06:48 PM
teams (including the lakers) were begging for LMA... pacers are dumping hibbert :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2015, 06:50 PM
It was a bad move to beg LMA..he wasnt the player we should have begged...it should have been DJ tbh..but lets not act like Pop didnt beg..that rat face was on his knees as,well

Franklin
07-04-2015, 06:50 PM
There ain't much else for them nigs to do on the offensive end anyway but go for the offensive rebounds after Kobe launches a fadeaway shot, nice pickup, Mitch :toast:

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 06:51 PM
There ain't much else for them nigs to do on the offensive end anyway but go for the offensive rebounds after Kobe launches a fadeaway shot, nice pickup, Mitch :toast:

Hibbert doesn't rebound, though:lol..

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2015, 06:51 PM

Sup Blue Balls

Raven
07-04-2015, 06:52 PM

yeah, that one is confusing..

DMC
07-04-2015, 07:29 PM

Like we picked Kawhi from his.

-21-
07-04-2015, 08:20 PM
You're just mad we made a move that all but negates you signing LMA....Roy doesnt need the ball so again how does that stunt the growth of our youth exactly?

You sound like those guys from LakersGround tbh.

Clipper Nation
07-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Plus, their fan base is generally regarded as one of the least educated and dumb when it comes to basketball. If it's not ":lol count the rings" they pretty much have nothing to add.

So LA gets to get away with what they do, but every good Laker fan (key word Laker fan) here knows the truth. They are ending up ok because of luck, but their plan is terrible.
Plus the Lakers are so dumb that they'll fuck it up when they actually try to start winning.

100%duncan
07-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Mitch! :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2015, 08:43 PM
You sound like those guys from LakersGround tbh.

Answer the mutherfucking question or like a once a month period having bitch...keep your fucking mouth shut....

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Mitch! :lmao

Mike_Bresnahan: Lakers' price to acquire Indiana center Roy Hibbert: A future second-round draft pick, year undisclosed.

Thread
07-04-2015, 08:49 PM
^Should have made them take Swagg P.

Mal
07-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Teams worse than the Lakers, on paper: Celtics(much better coach, though), Wolves, Sixers
Maybe worse: Pistons, Knicks, Nuggets

Who owns their pick ?

Thread
07-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Who owns their pick ?

Philly.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-05-2015, 03:34 AM

He'll have a career year in offensive rebounding, easily. Unless he goes full emo and drops on the floor crying during some game. About equally possible.

Killakobe81
07-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Motherfuckers so happy in this bitch can't wait to see y'all fail to ring as faves ... I will be in dat Ass no matter how bad we suck. Enjoy our misery, btw.