PDA

View Full Version : Suns find another reason not to like Spurs

ducks
07-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Suns find another reason to dislike the Spurs
The Associated Press
BOB BAUM (AP Sports Writer) 2 hours 1 minute ago
PHOENIX (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns vaulted from long shots to finalists in the bid to land coveted free agent LaMarcus Aldridge.

But finishing as runner-up to the team the Suns' fans love to hate, the San Antonio Spurs, left a hollow ring to the team's concerted efforts to climb from mediocrity to relevance in the tough Western Conference.

Facebook® Account Sign Up. Join for Free Today!
Facebook Sponsored

A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed that the Suns and Spurs were the finalists for the services of the All-Star forward. The person said the presence of Aldridge's family in Texas ''pushed it over the top for San Antonio.''

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details of free-agent negotiations can't be made public until Thursday.

A huge banner was to have been put up outside at US Airways Center Saturday as a further effort to persuade Aldridge to come to the desert.

As for that, Phoenix Mayor said in tweet ''For those inquiring about the future of the LMA banner...Our city has one of the best recycling programs in the country.''

With no obvious big target left on the market, the Suns now must figure out what to do with the salary cap space cleared to help make space for an Aldridge signing.

Phoenix moved into contention for Aldridge when they agreed to contract terms with center Tyson Chandler and reached agreement on a deal to keep restricted free agent guard Brandon Knight.

Aldridge reportedly has admired Chandler and liked the idea of playing alongside him.

When the Suns met with Aldridge, the team used a four-prong approach. First he met with owner Robert Sarver, then with president for basketball operations Lon Babby and general manager Ryan McDonough. After that, there was a session with coach Jeff Hornacek and Suns assistant coach Earl Watson, who played with Aldridge in Portland. Finally, Aldridge met with a player contingent that included Chandler, Knight and Eric Bledsoe.

The pitch was that Aldridge would be ''the man'' for the Suns, with a young talented perimeter around him and the veteran presence of Chandler in the middle.

To show how serious they were, the Suns traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit in a salary dump.

In the end, it wasn't enough.

''I'm happy to say I'm going home to Texas and will be a Spur!!,'' Aldridge tweeted on Saturday. ''I'm excited to join the team and be close to my family and friends.''

The Suns' fans hard feelings toward the Spurs go back to the days when the teams contended for the Western Conference title. There are memories of Robert Horry slamming the Suns' Steve Nash into the scorers' table at courtside. Now there's a new one.

Phoenix has not made the playoffs the last five years.

InRareForm
07-04-2015, 11:44 PM
:)

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2015, 11:44 PM
At least they have 2010, tbh:lol..

RD2191
07-04-2015, 11:45 PM
:lmaotyson chandler though

JMarkJohns
07-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Fuck you, you fucking fucks!!!

jon123spurs
07-04-2015, 11:53 PM
I love the Horry Slamming Nash into the scorers table!:lol

RD2191
07-04-2015, 11:55 PM
As if it wasn't a blatant Nash flop.:lol

TXstbobcat
07-04-2015, 11:58 PM

That Horry hip check on Nash. Poor Suns fans.

FireMicoHalili
07-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Theyre the ones who mailed off their players without any assurance. They can't blame the Spurs FO if their pitch didn't resonate well with Aldridge. A bit asinine to ship out quality players with a thinning free agent market.

JMarkJohns
07-05-2015, 12:15 AM
There has been nary a tear shed by coaches, execs or fans about the players they traded. They effectively traded one solid NBA player who is also a knucklehead, and aged name, and a young nobody, and they got a 2nd-rounder for the trouble.

The message resonated. Unfortunately they were playing against a sucked deck, as they weren't competing with Texas for a free agent. They were competing with Texas for a Texan.

What the fuck ever, man... Grow a pair and stop suckling the tit.

Enjoy mamas boy.

DieHardSpursFan1537
07-05-2015, 12:29 AM

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/WoodsonOpenMouthStare.gif

Mr Bones
07-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Phoenix has not made the playoffs the last five years.

:wakeup

AusSpur
07-05-2015, 12:36 AM
Phoenix broke up the twins for nothing

DFLORY
07-05-2015, 01:18 AM
They still cry about it and it wasn't even Horry. Clearly that table did a lot more damage. In addition, as a white that knows black people, I find their mascot offensive.

look_at_g_shred
07-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Fuck the Suns :lol

Mr. Body
07-05-2015, 01:26 AM
They never actually had a chance.

spursparker9
07-05-2015, 01:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/HvPys94.gif

Sean Cagney
07-05-2015, 01:37 AM

Oh I know, he flew like he was shot out of a cannon into that table and admitted later he sold it. That was one of the biggest flops I have seen. Suns fans still to this day bring that one up all the time and the suspensions like it was not only 2-2 at the time but they would have won it! Spurs blew that game 4 at home, still can't believe it as they should have been up 3-1 but did their annual choke job on a game they had won and laxed up to lose (They did that routinely in the 00's playoffs even in title years).

SpurAddict561
07-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Suns fans be like
http://headtothe.net/wp-content/gallery/nba/nashbloodynose1.jpg

Spurs9
07-05-2015, 09:58 AM
:lol breaking up the twins

hater
07-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Funniest thing is we got Diaw a ring and Amare is willing to suck anyone off to join us

:lmao

BillMc
07-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Funny that Steve Kerr a man who won lots, no matter his role, with...

the Bulls,

the Spurs,

and now the Warriors,

couldn't even get the Suns to the Finals....:depressed

Seventyniner
07-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Funniest thing is we got Diaw a ring and Amare is willing to suck anyone off to join us

If Nash wasn't a walking corpse he could have tried to coattail this year's Spurs. That would have been the final nail in the coffin for Suns fans.

BillMc
07-05-2015, 10:11 AM
If Nash wasn't a walking corpse he could have tried to coattail this year's Spurs. That would have been the final nail in the coffin for Suns fans.

It was bad enough for Suns fans that Nash ended his career as a Laker....That would be like Timmy ending his career as a Laker. An absolute sin!

Kindergarten Cop
07-05-2015, 10:34 AM

Nash came out a few years later and even admitted that it was a flop. He's always been one of the most candid players in the league. Love him or hate him, you've got to respect his honesty.

baseline bum
07-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Oh I know, he flew like he was shot out of a cannon into that table and admitted later he sold it. That was one of the biggest flops I have seen. Suns fans still to this day bring that one up all the time and the suspensions like it was not only 2-2 at the time but they would have won it! Spurs blew that game 4 at home, still can't believe it as they should have been up 3-1 but did their annual choke job on a game they had won and laxed up to lose (They did that routinely in the 00's playoffs even in title years).

http://i.imgur.com/lpqH5Rc.png

baseline bum
07-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Are you pissed Nash's flop cost you a title bro?

baseline bum
07-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Theyre the ones who mailed off their players without any assurance. They can't blame the Spurs FO if their pitch didn't resonate well with Aldridge. A bit asinine to ship out quality players with a thinning free agent market.

They didn't ship out any quality players though, I'm amazed anyone took their D-level talent without them having to throw in one of the good Morris twin, Len, or TJ Warren.

JMarkJohns
07-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Are you pissed Nash's flop cost you a title bro?
Fuck yeah, in pissed!

james evans
07-05-2015, 10:54 AM
At least they have 2010, tbh:lol..
and 93, 2000

james evans
07-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Fuck yeah, in pissed!
well be mad at nash. Had he not flopped, stoudamire wouldn't have got off the bench. Flopping sucks. It's one time that it actually hurt a team haha

JMarkJohns
07-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Logic doesn't apply to where my piss is aimed!

Sean Cagney
07-05-2015, 12:52 PM
and 93, 2000

93 and 00 (Tim was out so that doesn't count) were just years the Spurs nor the Suns were going to win it all, they never netted a title when they did beat them so it looks pretty bad honestly. The Spurs won in 03,05 and 07 after beating the Suns so that made it so much better :) Two of those times the teams were at the PEAK and both heavy faves to win the title if they made it through but the Spurs always derailed those Suns, did it the next year in 08 too when they got Shaq so all that 07 talk calmed down.

The Suns had a good team those years, if they passed SA in a few of them they ring. It's a shame because in 06 when they finally did not meet the Spurs Amare gets hurt and Dallas beats them, they would have won that year as well if they make it IMO.

houston spurs fan
07-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Fuck yeah, in pissed!
Hey man, a trip to a conference finals is nothing to be ashamed of. You guys had a good run....it's ironic that Kerr fucked your nucleus and then won a title with GS though. That one has to sting a little.

TheCerebral1
07-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Well hey, you can still have Amare!

Mikeanaro
07-05-2015, 01:47 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2l7vcj.jpg

Raven
07-05-2015, 01:51 PM
they did it all by themselves.

BillMc
07-05-2015, 02:06 PM

High art! Picasso?

m>s
07-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I'd be mad too if I were a sun fan

DFLORY
07-05-2015, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Mikeanaro;8091522]

Currently featured at The Witte.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-05-2015, 02:19 PM

I love it!

Mikeanaro
07-05-2015, 02:36 PM
High art! Picasso?
Lol, yeah it was from a group of his lost secret paintings, its called Les Demoiselles d“Phoenix.

Biggems
07-05-2015, 03:33 PM
my favorite was Amare getting fouled, then dropping down to do push-ups, only to miss both FTs.....classic Amare and classic Suns premature ejaculation

CaptainLate
07-05-2015, 03:42 PM
They still cry about it and it wasn't even Horry....In addition, as a white that knows black people, I find their mascot offensive.

As a Texan, I'd love to see the Coyote wave the Confederate Battle Flag around next season.
Would the Spurs cower to the media and fans who are ignorant of what that flag truly means? Since they cowered to the sodomites, then of course they would cower about the flag.

CaptainLate
07-05-2015, 03:47 PM
It was bad enough for Suns fans that Nash ended his career as a Laker....That would be like Timmy ending his career as a Laker. An absolute sin!

A more apt comparison would be TD ending up a Mav or Rocket.

BillMc
07-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Lol, yeah it was from a group of his lost secret paintings, its called Les Demoiselles d“Phoenix.

DFLORY
07-06-2015, 12:51 AM
A more apt comparison would be TD ending up a Mav or Rocket.

Clearly sarcasm is lost on you. But I did get a laugh how you turned a cliche about a man in a gorrilla suit into an attack on Southern pride. Relax Uncle Jesse.

Emperor
07-06-2015, 01:00 AM
and 93, 2000
Stupid Robinson gave Barkley ten ft of space to make that shot.

Xylus
07-06-2015, 03:57 AM
Sucks that LMA chose the Spurs, but I never expected the Suns to be in the hunt in the first place.

It's going to be another few years before our fortune changes.