PDA

View Full Version : S.A. Prime--New Restaraunt opening soon

msufan420
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
S.A. Prime is our name. We are steakhouse and seafood joint. We will also have sandwiches and even a small kid's menu for those who don't feel it's necessary to spend 10-20 bucks on a meal that a child will only eat a third of. We will have a fantastic wine list that will rival that of Ruth's Chris...not as long, but some of the same "hard to find" wines and prices that will blow Ruth's Chris out of the water. For those familiar with Ruth's Chris, Janet Easterling (formerly of RCSH & certified wine sommenlier) put together our wine list. Expect fine dining food and service with a comfortable price so that everyone can come in and enjoy without breaking the bank. Our GM, Raul Soria, and head chef, Ryan Olmos, both of whom I worked with at Ruth's Chris have put together a fabulous menu with prime rib being our specialty.

The restaraunt has an enormous sized bar/lounge with two 14" LCD flatscreens on either side of the bar, and a 42-48" flatscreen is coming shortly. So it will be a great place to catch your football and Spurs games while enjoying a great atmosphere, drinks, and food. Our barstaff is made up talented and great looking women, with yours truely, me as the head bartender (the only male)....In essence, us guys will love it.

We are located at 7959 Broadway, in the strip center where SoLuna is at...and just blocks from bars like Rebar and Karma.

If everything goes according to plan we should be open for business the weekend of the 23rd...I'll let everyone know if that changes. So I expect everyone to come out and enjoy some great food, wine, and help make this great restaraunt the new hot spot and a mainstay in San Antonio's nightlife.

tlongII
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a good place. When are you opening one in Portland?

msufan420
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
That would be never. We already have investors wanting to open a location in Austin in a year or two. The company plans to expand to only 4-5 stores in the San Antonio/Austin area.

ObiwanGinobili
09-12-2005, 12:26 PM
:tu
sounds like my kinda place! i love steak! :elephant
maybe I'll get a babysitter and go there for my belated anniversary dinner in the spring.

batman2883
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
yeah i love meat im definitly a carnivor

sa_butta
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
MMMMM. nothing like a nice Rib eye (medium)
and a huge bake potato with all the trimmings...
Im going to lunch.

Kip Fanatic
09-12-2005, 12:42 PM
PikNik is opening up another store on the South Side. They have breakfast tacos 2 for .99.

Kori Ellis
09-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks for posting the info.

LJ and I will definitely come check it out. Please remind us when it's officially open.

batman2883
09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
PikNik is opening up another store on the South Side. They have breakfast tacos 2 for .99.

piknik tacos arent to be messed with i love me some chicarron

2Blonde
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
It's not nice to get me all hungry like that and then say it's not open yet.
:nope

TOP-CHERRY
09-12-2005, 02:45 PM
MMMMMMMM... Steak!

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
"not as expensive as Ruth Chris" leaves a hell of a lot of room...

As an example, how much will a 16oz prime rib with baked and a veggie cost?

just curious...

Vashner
09-12-2005, 03:39 PM
What no free steak coupon for Spurstalk members?

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
"not as expensive as Ruth Chris" leaves a hell of a lot of room...

As an example, how much will a 16oz prime rib with baked and a veggie cost?

just curious...

It all kinda depends as to if you are a drinker or not...and if you drink wine. As those factors will definately up your ticket price. Now, I have only seen the preliminary menu and pricing, and our steak entrees seem to run about an avg. of $20-25. That includes your salad (unlike RCSH where a salad will cost you an extra 7 bucks). Side items will be a la carte, however, as I understand it they will definately be enough for 2 people. I hope that gives you somewhat of an idea. Untill all items are set in stone, I can't really give you an exact price quote...put it this way, are prices will be more on the level of say....J. Alexander's or other mid-level restaraunts...Not as inexpensive as Chili's but not an eye gouger like Ruth's or Morton's.

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:08 PM
What no free steak coupon for Spurstalk members?No...no free steak for Spurstalk members...but if you come in and ask for me at the bar (Jeremiah)...then I may look the other way on a drink or two. And no, that doesn't mean I'll be giving away the bar...but a free drink here and there only promotes business.

Vashner
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Best of luck to you guys. I might bring a date there sometime to check it out.

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks Vashner...I do hope to see some of ya'll (although I wouldn't know you were regardless). Again, I will update this thread when we have a firm grand opening date. So please, when we open come and visit us for a great time.

hussker
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey, Maybe Don Shula will do like the Saints and move the new Steakhouse he had planned to open in NOLA here to SA for, say, a few meals. Certainly not full time. Do you think anyone would go?

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:36 PM
^^^^^ :lol I have been to the Shula's in Chicago...very good.

hussker
09-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Shula's is awesome indeed!

scott
09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
I look forward to checking it out... the two 14" TVs didn't really peak my interest in watching a game there though...

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:50 PM
I look forward to checking it out... the two 14" TVs didn't really peak my interest in watching a game there though...

How about the 42-48 inch flatscreen that I mentioned....which should be coming in a matter of weeks.

TheWriter
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
MSUfan, check your PMs.