PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: If Lakers don't finish in top 3 lottery, pick goes to Philly

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-05-2015, 10:28 AM
:lol have fun tanking for nothing LA fans

Hibbert isn't what he was, but he still isn't going to let you tank that much this year.

Thread
07-05-2015, 11:07 AM

Hibbert isn't what he was, but he still isn't going to let you tank that much this year.

I already said it first. Me. Nonetheless, we'd a had hard time getting to top 3 if Kobe is playing. But, Hibbert does seal it.

And please, I beg you, Scrubby, don't say something stupid about we'd make the Lottery, but, only if Kobe plays.

DMC
07-05-2015, 11:11 AM
I already said it first. Me. Nonetheless, we'd a had hard time getting to top 3 if Kobe is playing. But, Hibbert does seal it.

And please, I beg you, Scrubby, don't say something stupid about we'd make the Lottery, but, only if Kobe plays.
"if Kobe is playing"

P&A use injury excuse

Killakobe81
07-05-2015, 01:23 PM

No shit ...

Franklin
07-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Even finishing with the shittiest record doesn't guarantee them a top3 pick imho, and even if they end up getting one, their 1st round pick of next year's would be owed to Philly, and you're fooling yourself if you think the Lakers can turn things around within one or two years.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 06:22 PM
I'd rather win 30 games and give a high pick to Hinkie than purposely tank and end up with a 4th pick in the draft tbh

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 06:24 PM

when kobe was on the floor, the lakers were statistically worse on both ends, cub

Thread
07-05-2015, 06:25 PM
when kobe was on the floor, the lakers were statistically worse on both ends, cub

Then how did we end up with Russell?

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 06:27 PM
never said the lakers were good without kobe. they were going to wind up in the same area anyway. but there's nothing to suggest kobe was benefitting them... only the opposite

edit: i was a bit inaccurate. the lakers were infinitesimally better on offense with kobe on the court, but much much worse on defense and thus overall...

http://i.gyazo.com/066653f235b0d49052e8cff7f6b91c65.png

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Because Silver picked a certain lottery ball....

Thread
07-05-2015, 06:29 PM
but there's nothing to suggest kobe was benefitting them... only the opposite

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 06:40 PM
already answered that. read a little bit

Thread
07-05-2015, 06:41 PM
already answered that. read a little bit

I did. You're running. And I'm too old to chase ya.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 06:42 PM
I did. You're running. And I'm too old to chase ya.
the lakers were a very very bad team anyway. they were, however, worse with bryant on the floor

Thread
07-05-2015, 06:43 PM
the lakers were a very very bad team anyway. they were, however, worse with bryant on the floor

Forget it, 21. I caught you and you ran. I ain't chasin' ya. Not today. Maybe tomorrow.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Forget it, 21. I caught you and you ran. I ain't chasin' ya. Not today. Maybe tomorrow.
there's nothing to chase. i backup up my word.

Thread
07-05-2015, 06:47 PM
there's nothing to chase. i backup up my word.

No.

benefactor
07-05-2015, 07:01 PM

Thread
07-05-2015, 07:04 PM
^My only solace? Of course, it's no longer owned by the Suns.

ducks
07-05-2015, 07:06 PM
sixers take another big man?

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Lakers need to worry more about that one legged Randle fuck because if he is a bust,,,there whole house of cards comes crashing down,,,

Splits
07-05-2015, 07:31 PM
never said the lakers were good without kobe. they were going to wind up in the same area anyway. but there's nothing to suggest kobe was benefitting them... only the opposite

edit: i was a bit inaccurate. the lakers were infinitesimally better on offense with kobe on the court, but much much worse on defense and thus overall...

http://i.gyazo.com/066653f235b0d49052e8cff7f6b91c65.png

Dale doesn't know how to read those numbers, you gotta explain it to the simpleton.

Thread
07-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Lakers need to worry more about that one legged Randle fuck because if he is a bust,,,there whole house of cards comes crashing down,,,

It's already down. We're in free fall as we speak.

Thread
07-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Dale doesn't know how to read those numbers, you gotta explain it to the simpleton.

If I ain't chasin' him I sure as Hell ain't chasin' you on behalf of him.

No.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 07:39 PM
It's already down. We're in free fall as we speak.

You're not in freefall, you're just in a spot you arent accustom to,,,you actually have to try and build through the draft instead of poaching other team's best players. Its called earning it and the Lakers are getting a crash course all about it,,,

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 07:43 PM
You're not in freefall, you're just in a spot you arent accustom to,,,you actually have to try and build through the draft instead of poaching other team's best players. Its called earning it and the Lakers are getting a crash course all about it,,,

Who is the last player actually drafted by the Lakers that was an impact-player?

Pau, Shaq, Howard, Nash....all acquired from other teams. Even Kobe technically wasn't drafted by the Lakers...

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Who is the last player actually drafted by the Lakers that was an impact-player?

Pau, Shaq, Howard, Nash....all acquired from other teams. Even Kobe technically wasn't drafted by the Lakers...

Exactly,,,thats my point,,,Kupcake the Laker GM has a horrible drafting record,,,guys like Luke Walton, Crittenton, Brian Cook, Deveon George, Farmar, Shasha, ect,,,,dude sucks at picking talent. The one good guy they drafted was Bynum and that wasn't his choice,,,,that was the degenerate horse gambler's pick.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 07:50 PM
And if Okafor crushs it and Russell is a bust,,,Kupcake will lose his job. All eyes on Randle right now though,,,,

Thread
07-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Boiled down? We're in free fall. We have a GM who has never GM'ed without a strong net neath him. We have the children who have never owned without a strong net neath them. All of them have never known life in a suit without a net. Ever. Ever-Ever. Me? It's difficult for me to get my mind around it and I'm just an old man and I've Laker fanned before without a net.

Hemi, it's like the movie "In The Heat Of The Night" '67 with Sidney Poitier. There is a part at the end where he confronts a local black woman who has been performing "back alley" abortions for blacks as well as white women in the area. All Poiter wants is information about a white woman who may well have gotten an abortion from this woman. But, she is hesitant to confirmed the name. Why? Simple. This woman, dirt poor, had found a way out of her poverty, not all the way out, but, she'd changed her life. "Just promise you won't take this away from "Ma"...I got used to better." That's us, we're used to better, we're "Ma." And now it's gone.

Kupchak cannot GM in this confinement. His consciousness, his subconsciousness have been compromised, in actuality ruined. He's not fit. The children? You'd have to plant (I'd better not say that in this environment) "I'll say plant a stink bomb" to get them out of there.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Exactly,,,thats my point,,,Kupcake the Laker GM has a horrible drafting record,,,guys like Luke Walton, Crittenton, Brian Cook, Deveon George, Farmar, Shasha, ect,,,,dude sucks at picking talent. The one good guy they drafted was Bynum and that wasn't his choice,,,,that was the degenerate horse gambler's pick.

Spurs on the other hand:

Draft Parker, Splitter, and Ginobili late in the 1st Round and got Gino at #57 (one of, if not the greatest draft steals of all time). Lakers have relied on cherry-picking other teams best players for way too long. They don't know how to "bring up or coach up" their own players.

I didn't even mention Kawhi...he's in that Kirby boat...since he was technically drafted by the Pacers.

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Spurs on the other hand:

Draft Parker, Splitter, and Ginobili late in the 1st Round and got Gino at #57 (one of, if not the greatest draft steals of all time). Lakers have relied on cherry-picking other teams best player for way too long. They don't know how to "bring up or coach up" their own players.

I didn't even mention Kawhi...he's in that Kirby boat...since he was technically drafted by the Pacers.

You've had your share of losers as well.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:05 PM
You've had your share of losers as well.

A lot of "draft and stash" type players....especially during the past 5 years.

But you're correct...we've had our share of losers. DeJuan Blair comes immediately to mind.

But, even Blair wasn't drafted high. You know Cubs....we draft in the twenties every single year. (Like the Lakers used to)

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 08:09 PM
You cant even compare the two when our titles are a direct result of drafting. Bowen was a big time pick up for us but hardly a marque free agent to set the world on fire,,,we just made him a bigger household name. Our history is predicated on our drafting ability whereas the Lakers is not. Aldridge is arguably the biggest free agent the Spurs have ever landed and that speaks volumes with how the Spurs have to do it all with the draft,,,,

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:16 PM
You cant even compare the two when our titles are a direct result of drafting. Bowen was a big time pick up for us but hardly a marque free agent to set the world on fire,,,we just made him a bigger household name. Our history is predicated on our drafting ability whereas the Lakers is not. Aldridge is arguably the biggest free agent the Spurs have ever landed and that speaks volumes with how the Spurs have to do it all with the draft,,,,

And your history is linked to talking Diaw into quitting on his team so he could come there with you and not quit. That history is also predicated on union members taking pay cuts and harming their brotherhood and the American worker, unionionized or not.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:19 PM
And your history is linked to talking Diaw into quitting on his team so he could come there with you and not quit. That history is also predicated on union members taking pay cuts and harming their brotherhood and the American worker, unionionized or not.

EVERYBODY calls the Spurs the best organization in the NBA. I guess it's just a big ass conspiracy :rolleyes

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 08:22 PM

You nary room,,,you have no problem with Kobrick quitting on his team time and time again when he gets his feelings hurt and giving him 48.5,,,

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:28 PM
EVERYBODY calls the Spurs the best organization in the NBA. I guess it's just a big ass conspiracy :rolleyes

Of course. You guys have never had the light shown upon ya at total loss, at scandal, at calamity. The only thing you've lost is a ring, wives, $25 million, your dignity. You've been able to walk away unscathed, the lights either turned to the ultimate victor, or, the lights extinguished as you made your exit...a judge coming out to the house so "we" can't see.

This ain't upstairs, &. You must remember that.

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:29 PM
You nary room,,,you have no problem with Kobrick quitting on his team time and time again when he gets his feelings hurt and giving him 48.5,,,

I've donned Bryant many times (on this Forum) for quitting.

Absolutely no problem on the $48.5. It was based on 25-5-5.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Of course. You guys have never had the light shown upon ya at total loss, at scandal, at calamity. The only thing you've lost is a ring, wives, $25 million, your dignity. You've been able to walk away unscathed, the lights either turned to the ultimate victor, or, the lights extinguished as you made your exit...a judge coming out to the house so "we" can't see.

This ain't upstairs, &. You must remember that.

Okay...I'll ask a downstairs regular (one of the best) in you:

Who is the best organization in the NBA right now?

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Okay...I'll ask a downstairs regular (one of the best) in you:

Who is the best organization in the NBA right now?

I don't do that best shit, &. I don't do top 5 players all time, or, top 10 players all time, or, HOF'er shit. I don't do itPERIOD

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 08:34 PM

you chickenshit, you

It was a 20% cut based on 25-6-6. He's now putting up 25-5-5.

Let us proceed...

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:35 PM
you chickenshit, you

Huh?

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Huh?
you said it was based on 25-6-6... now you're changing your words and saying it was based on 25-5-5. don't be a coward

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I don't do that best shit, &. I don't do top 5 players all time, or, top 10 players all time, or, HOF'er shit. I don't do itPERIOD

But you come running pretty quickly to say that we shouldn't be called the best....talk about we've never had the "light shown upon ya" criticism.

Saying the Spurs are the best organization is the NBA is a given. It doesn't automatically guarantee a LOBT...but it's still fact.

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:38 PM
you said it was based on 25-6-6... now you're changing your words and saying it was based on 25-5-5. don't be a coward

You're gonna call ass on 25-6-6 vs. 25-5-5?

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 08:39 PM

If you are justifying the 48.5,,,you are in the same boat with Kupcake and his drafting abilities,,,,gotta retool your thinking if you are a Laker fan,,,nobody rides for free anymore,,,in for a penny,,,in for a pound.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 08:39 PM
You're gonna call ass on 25-6-6 vs. 25-5-5?
stay true to your word

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:40 PM
But you come running pretty quickly to say that we shouldn't be called the best....talk about we've never had the "light shown upon ya" criticism.

Saying the Spurs are the best organization is the NBA is a given. It doesn't automatically guarantee a LOBT...but it's still fact.

You ranked them. I didn't. I listed your sins. It's not a fact. It's your opinion. I beg to differ.

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:40 PM
stay true to your word

This is twice today I've caught you tiptoein'.

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:43 PM
If you are justifying the 48.5,,,you are in the same boat with Kupcake and his drafting abilities,,,,gotta retool your thinking if you are a Laker fan,,,nobody rides for free anymore,,,in for a penny,,,in for a pound.

Based on 25-5-5 it was fully justified. You're looking at it in hindsight. That's easy.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I beg to differ.

Yet, you will not post one organization that you think is better or even seen as equal. I get it Cubs...you don't do listsPERIOD. That really doesn't help out this conversation one bit though...

I guess we're in a hiatus/holding pattern right now.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Based on 25-5-5 it was fully justified. You're looking at it in hindsight. That's easy.

Its not hindsight at all,,,anyone could see you don't give a SG which come a dime a dozen that kind of money on their last legs,,,thats NBA free agency economics 101,,,,

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 08:50 PM
but it wasn't based on 25-5-5... was it?

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Yet, you will not post one organization that you think is better or even seen as equal. I get it Cubs...you don't do listsPERIOD. That really doesn't help out this conversation one bit though...

I guess we're in a hiatus/holding pattern right now.

Every organization is tainted, &. The final degree is negligible. You and your people have been fed this "best organization" thing for years yet the past few years you've been bombarded by scandal, unimaginable loss, fornication in the ranks, financial calamity, you know the drill. And yet the light is turned away. Sure, Kool & Luva dig it up and bring it forth and "we" attack you, but, outside this little soiree you're untouched, insulated, emboldened to actually face me and not only defend yourself, but, claim you're the best organization. And you're actually serious.

Jesus H. Christ.

Culbum369
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM

Don't pretend he shot 37% or some shit. He was 22-6-6

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:54 PM

Yeah, it was.

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Its not hindsight at all,,,anyone could see you don't give a SG which come a dime a dozen that kind of money on their last legs,,,thats NBA free agency economics 101,,,,

At 25-5-5 you do. Now? You have the benefit of hindsight. That's easy. It's chickenshit as well.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 08:57 PM
All the people/fans who wanted the Lakers to amnesty Kirby....they were ridiculed, mocked, and basically everything short of tar and feathering. Yet, they will get the last laugh.

There's some hindsight for ya...

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:57 PM
All the people/fans who wanted the Lakers to amnesty Kirby....they were ridiculed, mocked, and basically everything short of tar and feathering. Yet, they will get the last laugh.

There's some hindsight for ya...

How, because you & they have the benefit of hindsight? That's easy. And it's chickenshit.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Yeah, it was.
coulda sworn the numbers were different

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:58 PM
coulda sworn the numbers were different

You'd be wrong.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 08:59 PM
You'd be wrong.
i have the documentation cub, dont be obtuse

Thread
07-05-2015, 08:59 PM
i have the documentation cub, dont be obtuse

Just following your example.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
At 25-5-5 you do. Now? You have the benefit of hindsight. That's easy. It's chickenshit as well.

Chickenshit is knowing your wrong and not being man enough to admit it,,,thats a true chickenshit. Admit that the 48.5 was a horrible contract and stupidity at its finest and we can move on to more important things,,,

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Every organization is tainted, &. The final degree is negligible. You and your people have been fed this "best organization" thing for years yet the past few years you've been bombarded by scandal, unimaginable loss, fornication in the ranks, financial calamity, you know the drill. And yet the light is turned away. Sure, Kool & Luva dig it up and bring it forth and "we" attack you, but, outside this little soiree you're untouched, insulated, emboldened to actually face me and not only defend yourself, but, claim you're the best organization. And you're actually serious.

Jesus H. Christ.

:pctoss Absolutely nothing you said has to do with the actual game of basketball

Fuck.................................I'm talking about the game. Draft picks, front office moves, coaches making players better, and the actual win/loss stuff. You're talking about Duncan losing 25 million and Parker fucking Brent Barry's wife.

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Chickenshit is knowing your wrong and not being man enough to admit it,,,thats a true chickenshit. Admit that the 48.5 was a horrible contract and stupidity at its finest and we can move on to more important things,,,

Because to do so would brand me with the stain of the hindsight. I ain't doin' it. No. You got this shit sandwich all to yourself.

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
:pctoss Absolutely nothing you said has to do with the actual game of basketball

Fuck.................................I'm talking about the game. Draft picks, front office moves, coaches making players better, and the actual win/loss stuff. You're talking about Duncan losing 25 million and Parker fucking Brent Barry's wife.

Exact same shit you branded us with. But, you only want to dish it. You can't & you won't take it. That's chickenshit.

HemisfairArena
07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Because to do so would brand me with the stain of the hindsight. I ain't doin' it. No. You got this shit sandwich all to yourself.

Stubborn to the end,,,I admire that,,but you know,,,,,,,,,,,you know,,,,,

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Stubborn to the end,,,I admire that,,but you know,,,,,,,,,,,you know,,,,,

I'm right. When I'm wrong I admit it. Have many times on this Forum.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Just following your example.
i dont change my words and pretend i never did

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:11 PM
i dont change my words and pretend i never did

Neither do I.

spurraider21
07-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Neither do I.
25-6-6

honor your word

LkrFan
07-05-2015, 09:16 PM
This thread still active? :lol

Splits
07-05-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm right. When I'm wrong I admit it. Have many times on this Forum.

"I wish we had this, not LMA for instance, but, the opportunity that you guys have. A boundless view of the future. We only have the past."

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Exact same shit you branded us with. But, you only want to dish it. You can't & you won't take it. That's chickenshit.

How many times in this conversation have I brought up "off-court" shit? How many times have I referenced "Kirby is a rapist"?

If you're going to reference TMZ stuff and not focus on the actual game...let me know right now.

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:21 PM
25-6-6

honor your word

Absolutely.

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:29 PM
How many times in this conversation have I brought up "off-court" shit? How many times have I referenced "Kirby is a rapist"?

If you're going to reference TMZ stuff and not focus on the actual game...let me know right now.

Consider yourself told. TMZ was always good enough before Amy outed Tim, and once again it's good enough after Amy outed Tim.

---

And of course you don't want to bring up "off-court" because your people have loitered the same gd shit my people have loitered. Now, NOW, now you want it sealed to the court. Where even there you're complicit. You never answered for '13. Sure, I handed up the indictment here, but, that's it. Nobody ever references it in the Media. It's forgotten like Barkley in '93, Wallace vs you, CWEBB vs us. All conveniently stowed away because agendas were being protected, legacies being shielded.

Nobody ever called you out for Diaw, because it gave you a leg up and what's good for General Motors/SA is good for America.

Nobody ever called you out for Jackson, because it gave you a leg up until he about killed Pop and BCSO had to come out. Same thing when Pop & Green got into a pissin' contest. All kept within the family. Nice cozy little corporation you got there. They'll (Media) hound us till the end of time, but, you're sacred, untouchable.

There, yes. Here? No. Not as long as I'm allowed in. I'm your gd conscience.

Splits
07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Consider yourself told. TMZ was always good enough before Amy outed Tim, and once again it's good enough after Amy outed Tim.

---

And of course you don't want to bring up "off-court" because your people have loitered the same gd shit my people have loitered. Now, NOW, now you want it sealed to the court. Where even there you're complicit. You never answered for '13. Sure, I handed up the indictment here, but, that's it. Nobody ever references it in the Media. It's forgotten like Barkley in '93, Wallace vs you, CWEBB vs us. All conveniently stowed away because agendas were being protected, legacies being shielded.

Nobody ever called you out for Diaw, because it gave you a leg up and what's good for General Motors/SA is good for America.

Nobody ever called you out for Jackson, because it gave you a leg up until he about killed Pop and BCSO had to come out. Same thing when Pop & Green got into a pissin' contest. All kept within the family. Nice cozy little corporation you got there. They'll (Media) hound us till the end of time, but, you're sacred, untouchable.

There, yes. Here? No. Not as long as I'm allowed in. I'm your gd conscience.

"I wish we had this, not LMA for instance, but, the opportunity that you guys have. A boundless view of the future. We only have the past."

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:34 PM
^&?

Splits
07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
^ "I wish we had this, not LMA for instance, but, the opportunity that you guys have. A boundless view of the future. We only have the past."

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:36 PM
^ "I wish we had this, not LMA for instance, but, the opportunity that you guys have. A boundless view of the future. We only have the past."

So?

Splits
07-05-2015, 09:36 PM
So?

Dale: "I wish we had this, not LMA for instance, but, the opportunity that you guys have. A boundless view of the future. We only have the past."

100%duncan
07-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Cubs doesnt do bests, top, lists because he damn sure knows deep down in his mind that Timmy and the Spurs are always in there. Meanwhile Kobe, Lakers, and Suns are nowhere near. :toast

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
I'd rather win 30 games and give a high pick to Hinkie than purposely tank and end up with a 4th pick in the draft tbh

There's no difference between sucking, and admitting that you suck. How far has pride gotten you these last few years? Delusional fucking dumbass. Enjoy Hinkie Ass fucking you next year.

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Cubs doesnt do bests, top, lists because he damn sure knows deep down in his mind that Timmy and the Spurs are always in there. Meanwhile Kobe, Lakers, and Suns are nowhere near. :toast

No, I don't do it because I'd feel silly & childish. I have a place here, people respect me, look up to me and for me. That's an awesome calling, a responsibility I take to heart. I cannot & I will not languish with the horde.

Hear me & hear me loud= I am not better than this company. But, I am different & I am special.

Thread
07-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Dale: "I wish we had this, not LMA for instance, but, the opportunity that you guys have. A boundless view of the future. We only have the past."

Absolutely.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 09:57 PM
There's no difference between sucking, and admitting that you suck. How far has pride gotten you these last few years?

So your solution is to not get better? :lol This has nothing to do with pride. The Lakers are building for the future, embracing a losing culture for any young prospects is about the worse suggestion I've ever read. Thats a typical minimum salary wage mentality :lmao

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 10:05 PM
So your solution is to not get better? :lol This has nothing to do with pride. The Lakers are building for the future, embracing a losing culture for any young prospects is about the worse suggestion I've ever read. Thats a typical minimum salary wage mentality :lmao

I see we have another em:loltic:loln gansta. My solution is true long term in line with todays NBA. Build and add as you go. Unfortunately for you, Randle died in the beginning of last year, and Russell is an unproven. You should guarantee that top three next year and go from there. There's nothing great about being average. You're basically hoping for some DeAndre Jordan washout that wants to plant his seed. It's a new day out here, and y'all better get with it.

Silver&Black
07-05-2015, 10:12 PM
No, I don't do it because I'd feel silly & childish. I have a place here, people respect me, look up to me and for me. That's an awesome calling, a responsibility I take to heart. I cannot & I will not languish with the horde.

Hear me & hear me loud= I am not better than this company. But, I am different & I am special.

You're good people Cubs...most of us agree. That's the only reason I would even have this conversation with you. Kool and Narutoboi are the silly and childish ones. For god's sakes they would rather talk about Kobe's dick size>Lebron's dick size. Honestly, I don't understand why you associate with those two...

How many Lebron dick pics did luva and Kool post?.....shit is laughable. luva even got banned for it.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 10:15 PM
I see we have another em:loltic:loln gansta. My solution is true long term in line with todays NBA. Build and add as you go. Unfortunately for you, Randle died in the beginning of last year, and Russell is an unproven. You should guarantee that top three next year and go from there. There's nothing great about being average. You're basically hoping for some DeAndre Jordan washout that wants to plant his seed. It's a new day out here, and y'all better get with it.

You have tunnel vision, the type of guy who comes up with vanilla ideas on a work setting. You clearly exposed yourself by lacking foresight tbh. Building is not exclusive through drafting. :lol The Lakers picked up short term assets because A. They need to use their cap and B. this enables them to have a lot more cushion when free agency hits. I get that some of you guys are trolling but not realizing the Lakers have to spend their available cap money and damned them for doing it speaks of ignorance on an embarrassing level tbh.

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 10:22 PM
You have tunnel vision, the type of guy who comes up with vanilla ideas on a work setting. You clearly exposed yourself by lacking foresight tbh. Building is not exclusive through drafting. :lol The Lakers picked up short term assets because A. They need to use their cap and B. this enables them to have a lot more cushion when free agency hits. I get that some of you guys are trolling but not realizing the Lakers have to spend their available cap money and damned them for doing it speaks of ignorance on an embarrassing level tbh.

Can you read?

Venti Quattro
07-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Meow

Thread
07-05-2015, 10:36 PM
You're good people Cubs...most of us agree. That's the only reason I would even have this conversation with you. Kool and Narutoboi are the silly and childish ones. For god's sakes they would rather talk about Kobe's dick size>Lebron's dick size. Honestly, I don't understand why you associate with those two...

How many Lebron dick pics did luva and Kool post?.....shit is laughable. luva even got banned for it.

They both have fine hearts, &. I loiter people with fine hearts.

You have a few who are heartless.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Can you read?

Took a few insults to straighten you out, huh? Now you want to talk sensibly? FOH

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Took a few insults to straighten you out, huh? Now you want to talk sensibly? FOH

Are you a fuckin' retard? :lmao

Ahhhh, you're the Naruto guy, nuff said.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Yup, that's what I thought. It's a good time to hit the eject button. :tu

Thread
07-05-2015, 10:47 PM

He straightened you up & busted ya good, Addy. ha, ha.

+ you had it comin'.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2015, 10:48 PM

so you believe in loyalty contracts for pass seasons achievements, when they were already paid that year for that projected outcome...

lmao loyalty contracts is a joke

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Yup, that's what I thought. It's a good time to hit the eject button. :tu

I say, draft well and build as you go. You say, building is not exclusively through drafting. Clearly you're either trying to troll, or you're a retard. Either way you're not making me feel any type of way so continue on being a retard :lol

Thread
07-05-2015, 10:49 PM
so you believe in loyalty contracts for pass seasons achievements, when they were already paid that year for that projected outcome...

lmao loyalty contracts is a joke

No, it wasn't a loyalty contract. It was a 20% cut based on 25-5-5.

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 10:50 PM

+ you had it comin'.

If you say so. Don't forget to change the depends.

Thread
07-05-2015, 10:51 PM
If you say so. Don't forget to change the depends.

Thanks, it's just #1. I set 'em outside to dry then change them out. "What are you doing, Dale, we have two packages of brand new ones!"

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 10:54 PM
I say, draft well and build as you go

So whats the problem with trying to win and rolling the dice? Why even suggest there's NO difference between attempting to win games and purposely tanking? Just relax a little bit and compose yourself, drop the emoticons because it's not winning an argument. You don't need critical thinking to absorb this.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 10:55 PM

+ you had it comin'.

The dude was strolling, looking for a weekend fix of troll. Now he's in this for the long haul. Poor guy, wait for his next "retard" insults. it's quite original.

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 10:59 PM
So whats the problem with trying to win and rolling the dice? Why even suggest there's NO difference between attempting to win games and purposely tanking? Just relax a little bit and compose yourself, drop the emoticons because it's not winning an argument. You don't need critical thinking to absorb this.

It's far more unlikely to yield results given your core (or lack thereof), that's why. Fuck it, why not do it, you have nothing to lose aside from your reputation. How the fuck can you attract anything of worth given the desert state of your roster? Purposely tanking can yield quality players that at the very least have a foundation for superior players to be optimistic about, as opposed to Kirby and scraps.

Thread
07-05-2015, 11:00 PM
It's far more unlikely to yield results given your core (or lack thereof), that's why. Fuck it, why not do it, you have nothing to lose aside from your reputation. How the fuck can you attract anything of worth given the desert state of your roster? Purposely tanking can yield quality players that at the very least have a foundation for superior players to be optimistic about, as opposed to Kirby and scraps.

What are you afraid of, Addy?

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 11:04 PM
What are you afraid of, Addy?

Is this a serious question? I enjoy the banter, but come on.

Thread
07-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Is this a serious question? I enjoy the banter, but come on.

A little troll, but, your suggestion that we keep tanking got my attention. I did a double take and read your post again.

Forget it though, it's been a long Sunday.

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 11:09 PM
A little troll, but, your suggestion that we keep tanking got my attention. I did a double take and read your post again.

Forget it though, it's been a long Sunday.

I only suggest being realistic about it. At least get your ducks in a row. I mean, why buy a five thousand dollar suit when you can't pick up the check?

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 11:09 PM

Your suggestion doesn't make sense, and you're just rambling incoherently and without any idea just to get out of the mess you created :lol. Considering the Lakers are not guaranteed a Top 3 pick and the margin between keeping a # 3 pick and handing a # 4 is slim( about 5 or 6%) your implications of "Purposely tanking" makes zero sense. With a protection this high, it's quite stupid to assume the Lakers will get to keep it (See Knicks).

Any logical and thinking basketball fan in this situation will never support tanking, considering the circumstances. You roll the dice, get the youngsters accustomed to competing and go from there. The 76ers model plan of deliberately losing hasn't worked out for them.

Raven
07-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Your suggestion doesn't make sense, and you're just rambling incoherently and without any idea just to get out of the mess you created :lol. Considering the Lakers are not guaranteed a Top 3 pick and the margin between keeping a # 3 pick and handing a # 4 is slim( about 5 or 6%) your implications of "Purposely tanking" makes zero sense. With a protection this high, it's quite stupid to assume the Lakers will get to keep it (See Knicks).

Any logical and thinking basketball fan in this situation will never support tanking, considering the circumstances. You roll the dice, get the youngsters accustomed to competing and go from there. The 76ers model plan of deliberately losing hasn't worked out for them.

what are you talking about, with the worst record in the league, you get to keep your pick

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 11:13 PM

Given the fact that you have two rookies, and a so called franchise player that can barely make it through the all-star break, yes I would suggest tanking. Do you really think doing anything otherwise is realistic? The reality is you're locked into Kobe until he is done. You have to a at least make it look real. And I Applaud that, because he has put you through the ringer.

RsxPiimp
07-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Given the fact that you have two rookies, and a so called franchise player that can barely make it through the all-star break, yes I would suggest tanking. Do you really think doing anything otherwise is realistic? The reality is you're locked into Kobe until he is done. You have to a at least make it look real. And I Applaud that, because he has put you through the ringer.

You're not basing it on facts though. The team just does not consist of 2 rookies and a "so called" franchise player, I don't mean that in a literal sense but you get my point. All the other elements are there whether you like it or not. Tanking means sitting out your best available players on any given night and in some cases it also hinders the development of your future players.

A top 3 protection changes everything in this discussion, that's a game changer. You can't support this action knowing the effort could potentially be handed to another franchise.

Spur-Addict
07-05-2015, 11:28 PM
You're not basing it on facts though. The team just does not consist of 2 rookies and a "so called" franchise player, I don't mean that in a literal sense but you get my point. All the other elements are there whether you like it or not. Tanking means sitting out your best available players on any given night and in some cases it also hinders the development of your future players.

A top 3 protection changes everything in this discussion, that's a game changer. You can't support this action knowing the effort could potentially be handed to another franchise.

Given that you have Kobe, who will undoubtedly will you to too many wins to be outside the top three with the rookies and fairly decent role players you have, you are locked into this point of view. For that, I do not punish you, but only wish that you'd admit your reality.

Thread
07-06-2015, 08:26 AM

Without him we're light 5 + Daddy is lynched upon arrival from Portland, '00.

Spur-Addict
07-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Without him we're light 5

Based on what has transpired, yes, he contributed to winning to some extent. But any honest basketball mind will admit, that a few of the premier wings of the time would've been an adequate substitute for Kobe during the prime Shaq era. And while it's arguable that they wouldn't have won 3 in a row, it's likely they would've won multiple championships, as it is certain that the team would've remained in tact. Which, lends itself to easier talent acquisition, and team stability. Had it not been for the gift of Pau, it is likely that the narrative of Kobe would be a franchise killer of epic proportion. Memphis ownership should've received daily blowjobs from Laker Management.

Killakobe81
07-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Lakers best hope is to finish 9th or 10th in the west and hope for some Cleveland style luck to jump in to the top 3 especially #1. If they like the kid you draft him if not you flip it for a legit star. Or good young pieces. No point in tanking now.

Thread
07-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Based on what has transpired, yes, he contributed to winning to some extent. But any honest basketball mind will admit, that a few of the premier wings of the time would've been an adequate substitute for Kobe during the prime Shaq era. And while it's arguable that they wouldn't have won 3 in a row, it's likely they would've won multiple championships, as it is certain that the team would've remained in tact. Which, lends itself to easier talent acquisition, and team stability. Had it not been for the gift of Pau, it is likely that the narrative of Kobe would be a franchise killer of epic proportion. Memphis ownership should've received daily blowjobs from Laker Management.

That "would've"|||"would be" shit is like the officiating card, injury card, on & on. I don't do it. At all.

Pau couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in. Sure, it's hindsight to don the trade this morning. But, that's easy. That's chickenshit.

Spur-Addict
07-06-2015, 11:14 AM
That "would've"|||"would be" shit is like the officiating card, injury card, on & on. I don't do it. At all.

Pau couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in. Sure, it's hindsight to don the trade this morning. But, that's easy. That's chickenshit.

Blah-blah-blah....Everybody knew, and knows what Pau is, stop being purposely obtuse.

Thread
07-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Blah-blah-blah....Everybody knew, and knows what Pau is, stop being purposely obtuse.

Yeah, and we all know that Jerry West conspired to bring him to Los Angeles, Blah-blah-blah.

Spur-Addict
07-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Yeah, and we all know that Jerry West conspired to bring him to Los Angeles, Blah-blah-blah.

Since when did I say that West conspired? I definitely didn't. I called it a gift, nothing more.

Thread
07-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Since when did I say that West conspired? I definitely didn't. I called it a gift, nothing more.

Blow it out your ass, Addy. I ain't playin' this cat & mouse with you this morning. No.

Spur-Addict
07-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Blow it out your ass, Addy. I ain't playin' this cat & mouse with you this morning. No.

:lol

Thread
07-06-2015, 11:41 AM