PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans last season vs now

lefty
07-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Before : lol Lafaggus Aldridge, soft jump shooting choker (I was in that camp)

Now: fuck yeah we got LMA omg (I'm in that camp)

:lol Spurstalk

Sean Cagney
07-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Always was a fan of his, mainly from fantasy bball though since he helped win me a title.

GB20
07-05-2015, 05:00 PM

Do you know everyday is a new day? So people change :lol

Mikeanaro
07-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Not me tbh.

hater
07-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I said many moons ago that if we gEt Lamarcus we back in the hunt.

Sure splitter raped Lamarcus in that series but he still a game changer

ElNono
07-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm on the record I don't like his game, tbh... he'll always be softridge, IMO...

That said, he's a Spur now, so he'll get my support. Plus as long as Tim is around, things can always work out...

Floyd Pacquiao
07-05-2015, 05:03 PM
He's still a soft jumpshooting big in my eyes. He still got owned by tiago in the 14 playoffs iirc

Mugen
07-05-2015, 05:06 PM
He's still soft tbh. Doesn't mean the Spurs aren't f'n staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked :lol

Mikeanaro
07-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Yeah because Tiago was tough.
Kiwi was owned by Matt Barnes too, is Matt Barnes better?

hater
07-05-2015, 05:17 PM
I mean we just got a guy that can easily win many games BY HIMSELF

That will help us get a good seed and he could also win us a few playoff games BY HIMSELF

Sure he wont carry us to the championshio. But having a guy like that is huge.

Hell make everyone's life easier

SPURt
07-05-2015, 05:21 PM
http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-04-at-9.03.07-AM.png?34f7dd

Last year, Tim didn't have his Rohypnol game figured out. This year, LMA is getting clawed...

HarlemHeat37
07-05-2015, 05:27 PM
I feel the same way that I felt before..he's very flawed, soft and can't carry a team to a title, but he is unquestionably a top 15-20 player in the NBA, in his prime and possesses a ton of talent..

You don't pass that up, especially in a system that just won a title in 2014 without anything close to a star player..Aldridge's talent + the best coach and system in the league + Duncan + a top 15 player in Kawhi + the best perimeter defense in the league = will thrive..

His game also compliments Kawhi perfectly, which is huge for the Spurs..

FireMicoHalili
07-05-2015, 05:29 PM
I mean we just got a guy that can easily win many games BY HIMSELF

That will help us get a good seed and he could also win us a few playoff games BY HIMSELF

Sure he wont carry us to the championshio. But having a guy like that is huge.

Hell make everyone's life easier
I love the upgrade on the frontcourt but it's worth noting Aldridge has never singlehandedly carried the Blazers out of the 2nd round. The time the Blazers got out of the 1st round Lillard bailed them out.

ElNono
07-05-2015, 05:31 PM
The good news is this addition softens the blow of Porky's decline, tbh... you have a guy now that can put up a lot of points... hopefully he gets the ball in his hands enough...

HarlemHeat37
07-05-2015, 05:31 PM
I love the upgrade on the frontcourt but it's worth noting Aldridge has never singlehandedly carried the Blazers out of the 2nd round. The time the Blazers got out of the 1st round Lillard bailed them out.

In the series where Aldridge was dropping 40 every game vs. the Rockets? :lol..

HarlemHeat37
07-05-2015, 05:32 PM
The good news is this addition softens the blow of Porky's decline, tbh... you have a guy now that can put up a lot of points... hopefully he gets the ball in his hands enough...

The pick&pops with Manu/Aldridge should be nice, tbh..

ElNono
07-05-2015, 05:33 PM
The pick&pops with Manu/Aldridge should be nice, tbh..

yeah, let's hope Gino comes back for one more year, tbh

8FOR!3
07-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Soft is a moniker. His game isn't physical, it's finesse. No 7 footer has a better jumper besides Dirk.

K...
07-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Well we believe in the system. Those stotts long fg <-pop long fg. We have faith. Poptard for life

Mr Bones
07-05-2015, 06:10 PM
He's never been one of my absolute favorites, but the talent is undeniable and he's sandwiched in between Tim and Kawhi. Plus, the timing couldn't be better for the Spurs to add a max contract-- two years before the salary cap is due to explode. In 2017, a 20mil contract will look like a bargain for a 20/10 guy, and should he not gel with the team, it'll be easy to trade him. There's almost no risk to the Spurs at all.

Dex
07-05-2015, 06:43 PM

You're either with us, or against us. It's how it goes.

If I can love to learn Robert Horry, I think can do the same for Aldridge lol.

Dex
07-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Soft is a moniker. His game isn't physical, it's finesse. No 7 footer has a better jumper besides Dirk.

God I can't wait to see this new team play.

Hope he is ready to launch plenty of wide open elbow jumpers. Always seemed like a weak spot for opposing defenses, probably purposefully.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-05-2015, 06:52 PM
I would still have rather added Tristan. Younger, defense, winning playoff experience, Cojo, Splitter.

cd98
07-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I'd prefer Gasol. But he is an upgrade. And if he turned down the Spurs, it would have made us look like a franchise that can't get top free agents.

TD 21
07-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Not me; I've always been a fan. Aside from what he obviously brings in the present and near future, that's the great thing about his addition compared to Jefferson's, for me. Not only is he obviously a far superior player, but I never liked Jefferson.

Robz4000
07-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Always been a fan of his, but the fact he gave serious consideration to the fucking Suns over the Spurs gave me pause. Can't deny he's an immense talent and great fit, however; as Harlem said, his game compliments Kawhi's perfectly.

therealtruth
07-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Good thing we shipped Splitter to the other conference.

Embedded
07-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Good thing we shipped Splitter to the other conference.

True, that.

FireMicoHalili
07-05-2015, 11:12 PM
In the series where Aldridge was dropping 40 every game vs. the Rockets? :lol..
Never made it past first round w/o Lillard. If you skim through his stats against the Rox he almost always plays well against them. Against other teams he's his normal self. Has to pick up slack he previous season bec Batum was in a funk. Still failed to lift cross 1st round barrier. Operative term is "singlehandedly carried". Obviously won't need to do that in SA.

Spurs9
07-05-2015, 11:27 PM
Always been a fan of his since he got drafted.

Capster
07-05-2015, 11:42 PM
He's still soft tbh. Doesn't mean the Spurs aren't f'n staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked :lola
Well said.

jsandiego
07-06-2015, 12:52 PM
It's not like we signed prime Shaq away from Orlando, but I like the LMA signing. He's a top 15 player in the NBA. He won't be relied upon to carry the team like Duncan did early in his career. His mid-range J will be fantastic with the TP pick & roll. A perfect plug 'n play for our offense.

His deficiencies are on the defensive end, and can be improved. And in a year or two we can always look for a rim protector to complement him on D.

I feel that our offense will be unstoppable, with 4/5 starters able to create their own shot. The trouble could be on the defensive end, which was sketchy anyway because Tiago's reoccurring injuries.

The possibility to replace Splitter/Baynes with LMA/West is an undeniable upgrade. No matter what I'm just unbelievably excited that our championship window remains open.