PDA

View Full Version : Is Duncan Ultimately Rewarded with a Sweetheart Ownership Deal Like Big Dave?

buttsR4rebounding
07-06-2015, 10:52 AM
I think Duncan follows in Robinson's footsteps in this regard as well. The lower salary now may be partially offset with greater team value in the future because of the moves Duncan has facilitated. Does anyone know if there are rules regarding retired players buying into the team that he previously played for?

cantthinkofanything
07-06-2015, 10:53 AM
I think Duncan follows in Robinson's footsteps in this regard as well. The lower salary now may be partially offset with greater team value in the future because of the moves Duncan has facilitated. Does anyone know if there are rules regarding retired players buying into the team that he previously played for?

There are rules.

DMX7
07-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Does D. Rob have an ownership stake?

BillMc
07-06-2015, 10:55 AM
I don't know the rules, but a few players have. Magic owned a piece of the Lakers for a long time before he sold it. As you mention, Robinson has a piece of the Spurs. Obviously it is doable.

Now, is it legal to tell a player he'll be sold a chunk of the team at a sweet rate while he's still playing? I imagine not.

kaji157
07-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Most likely it is not legal to use it as leverage, but itīs doable.