PDA

View Full Version : Did this week save SpursTalk?

Pages : [1] 2

Solid D
07-06-2015, 04:38 PM
:pop::smokin :chestbump :pop:

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2015, 04:39 PM
I've been on ST for 7 years and I would say this was the best year of content the forum has ever seen IMO..

Brazil
07-06-2015, 04:44 PM
fucking awesome to read post about bb with a lot of traffic

jdiggy0424
07-06-2015, 04:50 PM
9 year member and I never post. You'll see me on here a bit more often now

Holden_Caulfield
07-06-2015, 04:50 PM
hopefully, i always get banned at other forums :lol

SequSpur
07-06-2015, 04:52 PM

It was me dummy....

Robz4000
07-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Eh, it helped bring Kori and timvp back so we'll be seeing new blood and old posters return, but as HH said the forum has been solid the past year.

spurtime
07-06-2015, 04:54 PM
I haven't posted in years! Been on here for hours every day for the last week or so.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-06-2015, 04:58 PM
I've been on ST for 7 years and I would say this was the best year of content the forum has ever seen IMO..

The forum was dying though.. this definitely saved ST

RD2191
07-06-2015, 04:59 PM
ST has been going strong for awhile now, imo. It certainly helped that the owners opened up registration again.

Mr. Body
07-06-2015, 05:03 PM
It needs moderators.

FlAVaK
07-06-2015, 05:11 PM
It needs moderators.

Even in the "golden age" of ST, there wasn´t a lot of moderation. The Good will always prevail... Just raise the bar!

jhfenton
9 year member and I never post. You'll see me on here a bit more often now

Same here. Near 10 year member with only 300-something posts. It's nice to see the forum active again.

TheGoldStandard
And it all started with shipping splitter out

eric365
07-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Yes ir's great

Trolls are ignored because there is so much to discuss but a little moderation will be needed after that

eric365
07-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Even in the "golden age" of ST, there wasn´t a lot of moderation. The Good will always prevail... Just raise the bar!

Clear troll were pinked / banned etc...
Never for long but enough to avoid them to take over the forum like it happened the past few months

benefactor
It needs moderators.
Will you and your big ole bruised vagina ever stop crying about the moderation? Fucking leave if it bothers you that much.

HarlemHeat37
The forum was dying though.. this definitely saved ST

I disagree..Apo generated a ton of traffic for the forum this year..

SupremeGuy
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM
How long are they going to keep registration open? I've told a few friends about this place but they never bothered coming here since registration wasn't open.

Mikeanaro
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Will you and your big ole bruised vagina ever stop crying about the moderation? Fucking leave if it bothers you that much.

SupremeGuy
07-06-2015, 05:18 PM
It needs moderators.

Will you and your big ole bruised vagina ever stop crying about the moderation? Fucking leave if it bothers you that much.:lol

Seriously though, stop being such a faggot. Part of what makes this place great is the lack of moderation.

Mr. Body
07-06-2015, 05:19 PM

I probably will. After a while the good posters will leave, too, leaving the rest to call each other niggas and faggots, making all of a Spurs fandom look like fools.

Hoops Czar
07-06-2015, 05:20 PM

I don't frequent the NBA forum or club much. Those sub forums must have blown you away. In here, it was all about Porker and Kiwi with little else in between. It made the forum darn near impossible to read. That is unless you're starting your calendar year in July.

Mr. Body
07-06-2015, 05:22 PM
:lol

Seriously though, stop being such a faggot. Part of what makes this place great is the lack of moderation.

Case in point. This site is overrun by basement dwelling nose-pickers who get their jollies calling each other bad names. Like a bunch of unsupervised 4th graders. I have no doubts fans of other teams, prospective fans, members of the media, etc, leave here wondering what a great franchise is doing with troglodytes as fans. I've been here in some form since the late 90s and have been gone for a long time. I will be, again.

benefactor
07-06-2015, 05:25 PM
I probably will. After a while the good posters will leave, too, leaving the rest to call each other niggas and faggots, making all of a Spurs fandom look like fools.
Well...bye.

Faggot ass nigga.

biziofromdowntown
07-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Back in business! It will be funny to stay around again :bobo

SupremeGuy
07-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Case in point. This site is overrun by basement dwelling nose-pickers who get their jollies calling each other bad names. Like a bunch of unsupervised 4th graders. I have no doubts fans of other teams, prospective fans, members of the media, etc, leave here wondering what a great franchise is doing with troglodytes as fans. I've been here in some form since the late 90s and have been gone for a long time. I will be, again.Good riddance. :toast

DPG21920
07-06-2015, 05:27 PM

Thanks my man :tu

Your basketball insight has been really solid and helps a lot to add to that.

Mr. Body
07-06-2015, 05:28 PM
I really have no respect for you, so I couldn't care less what you say. But what I'm saying is the truth.

Silver&Black
07-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Well...bye.

Faggot.

You should have thrown a "nigga" in your post just for the :lol

:cry We need mods :cry

benefactor
07-06-2015, 05:36 PM
You should have thrown a "nigga" in your post just for the :lol

:cry We need mods :cry
Edited :lol

Silver&Black
07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Well...bye.

Faggot ass nigga.

:lmao Much Better

Kori Ellis
07-06-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm sure new ownership will provide plenty of moderation :tu

RD2191
07-06-2015, 05:39 PM
:pctoss

Beaverfuzz
07-06-2015, 05:39 PM

No, you're still here. We're fucked. :bobo

Beaverfuzz
07-06-2015, 05:40 PM

Was that part of the considerations for LMA to come over?

GSH
07-06-2015, 05:40 PM

Thanks my man :tu

Your basketball insight has been really solid and helps a lot to add to that.

The few times I dropped by, all I saw was a front page full of inane posts by a couple of people. I literally couldn't wade through all the crap to find anything about basketball. (Kawhi is God. Parker sucks. Manu Sucks. And polls about whether Tim in his prime was better than Wolverine. Not much else.)

I read the posts about Apo contributing great content, and I start to suspect that some of you have Stockholm Syndrome. But some of you making those comments have been solid posters for a long time. Maybe I just looked in on bad days.

SupremeGuy
07-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Please guys, can someone moderate this place? Everyone is so mean. :cry

Beaverfuzz
07-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Case in point. This site is overrun by basement dwelling nose-pickers who get their jollies calling each other bad names. Like a bunch of unsupervised 4th graders. I have no doubts fans of other teams, prospective fans, members of the media, etc, leave here wondering what a great franchise is doing with troglodytes as fans. I've been here in some form since the late 90s and have been gone for a long time. I will be, again.

Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself!

SupremeGuy
07-06-2015, 05:42 PM
I'm sure new ownership will provide plenty of moderation :tu:nope

hater
Ellis clan can cash in on these roster moves.

Damn rich get richer

Mr. Body
Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself!

Nah, I'm good.

dbestpro
07-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Let people say what they want to say. There already is too much PC in life. It is important for people to have a place to prove their intelligence or lack thereof.

HI-FI
:stirpot:
Actually I think that's code word that you're going on vacation again. i do think the site flows better when Mum and Dad check in once in awhile.

DPG21920
Well, despite their being a lot of crap, there were more high level posts than ever before IMO. Ones that weren't just about feelings or opinion (although those are really fun to read too), but where people learned about the CBA and other business related items.

Other than Bruno when he was around, there are more posters now contributing in that regard and helping other posters engage in fruitful BB convos.

FlAVaK
07-06-2015, 05:45 PM

I somewhat agree. Was really annoyed by his unlimited thread-starting. But after accepting a lot of it as trolling, twas ok. And although I personally disagree with most of his takes, they started discussions. But it shouldn´t be the same topic over and over again...

That´s the only thing, I would call moderation for: Keeping similar topics in one each thread. But otoh, this is up to the self-discipline of each poster, to look for a thread to post in for a second or two instead of starting a new one...
(hard to accomplish for attention whores though :hat)

hater
07-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Now is the time to sell. IMO

Unfortunately they'll probably sell to Disney or something and they will have ads plus heavy moderation not to mention data mining and surveillance

Dre_7
07-06-2015, 05:57 PM

Best I remember ST being since around 2005-06!

Avitus1
07-06-2015, 06:09 PM
I hope so. I love this place.

Brazil
07-06-2015, 06:13 PM

:rolleyes

So traffic equals not dying... Great logic especially when one knows apo is your alt

:lol game planning

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2015, 06:31 PM
:rolleyes

So traffic equals not dying... Great logic especially when one knows apo is your alt

:lol game planning

:lol people still think we're the same poster?

Ask Kori to confirm we have the same IP:lol..

GSH
07-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Now is the time to sell. IMO

Unfortunately they'll probably sell to Disney or something and they will have ads plus heavy moderation not to mention data mining and surveillance

Heh. When it comes to selling to a big company, ST's greatest strength is also it's greatest weakness. It's the definitive place for information about the Spurs, but a lot of the people are attracted by the fact that it's the Internet equivalent of the Wild West. No corporation would allow themselves to be associated with what goes on here. I can picture a few execs browsing around, with their hair standing on end. "But... but... they call each other 'faggot". We can't sell this to advertisers."

They would have to go back and sanitize the whole place, including the archives. And then they would have to clamp down on new comments with a filter. Oh, and the whining and moaning would be epic. Then the bans would come for the tantrum-throwing malcontents. It's fun to just think about.

silverblackfan
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Heh. When it comes to selling to a big company, ST's greatest strength is also it's greatest weakness. It's the definitive place for information about the Spurs, but a lot of the people are attracted by the fact that it's the Internet equivalent of the Wild West. No corporation would allow themselves to be associated with what goes on here. I can picture a few execs browsing around, with their hair standing on end. "But... but... they call each other 'faggot". We can't sell this to advertisers."

They would have to go back and sanitize the whole place, including the archives. And then they would have to clamp down on new comments with a filter. Oh, and the whining and moaning would be epic. Then the bans would come for the tantrum-throwing malcontents. It's fun to just think about.

Have to agree. The Wild West is better, even if stupid at times. Makes for entertaining reading and if offended, overt thyne eyes...

Aztecfan03
07-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I don't frequent the NBA forum or club much. Those sub forums must have blown you away. In here, it was all about Porker and Kiwi with little else in between. It made the forum darn near impossible to read. That is unless you're starting your calendar year in July.
forum was easily better in 2012 and 2013.

Aztecfan03
07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
The few times I dropped by, all I saw was a front page full of inane posts by a couple of people. I literally couldn't wade through all the crap to find anything about basketball. (Kawhi is God. Parker sucks. Manu Sucks. And polls about whether Tim in his prime was better than Wolverine. Not much else.)

I read the posts about Apo contributing great content, and I start to suspect that some of you have Stockholm Syndrome. But some of you making those comments have been solid posters for a long time. Maybe I just looked in on bad days.

No it was like that all year.

703 Spurz
07-06-2015, 09:20 PM

I happen to think its funny one can call another a faggot and get away with it.

They's just words yo.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 09:25 PM

10 car pileups that result in the deaths of many people also gemerate traffic. Traffic dont mean shit

Spur|n|Austin
07-06-2015, 09:29 PM
hopefully, i always get banned at other forums :lol

:lol that's what brought me here over 6 years ago.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 09:31 PM
:lol that's what brought me here over 6 years ago.
YOU got banned from a forum? Bullshit.

Spur|n|Austin
07-06-2015, 09:39 PM
YOU got banned from a forum? Bullshit.

:lol SR banned a ton of posters for mundane things during a stretch of time, it pretty much proved to be that site's demise.

I was also your age, and probably posting the same type a basura you post.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 09:44 PM
:lol SR banned a ton of posters for mundane things during a stretch of time, it pretty much proved to be that site's demise.

I was also your age, and probably posting the same type a basura you post.
One day I will be as mature as you, today is not that day.

Wu36
07-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Bill Simmons?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 09:49 PM
I've enjoyed reading ST again over the past few days - there's some strong discussion going on, like in the old days. Props to everyone for that. :tu

It's about time the pathetic homophobia is addressed though. I'm sick of reading the word "faggot". It has no place in a forum like this, and anyone who uses it should have it replaced with something funny like mispelling Elliott. If you want to insult someone, show some creativity instead of your deep-seated fear that you may be gay.

2centsworth
07-06-2015, 09:49 PM

Your kids are gorgeous.

pgardn
07-06-2015, 09:52 PM

Heck yes.

We need the absolutely inane posters to generate traffic while its summer for the middle school crowd.
When school starts for the kids, I figure we got about a month of peace before the porker crew is sent to an alternative setting and starts posting again.

The CBA stuff was very good.
The overall level was up.

Harlem Hairston's ability to rate posting is infinitely awful.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Crofl, RuffnReadyOzStyle is a whiny faggot.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2015, 09:55 PM
I've enjoyed reading ST again over the past few days - there's some strong discussion going on, like in the old days. Props to everyone for that. :tu

It's about time the pathetic homophobia is addressed though. I'm sick of reading the word "faggot". It has no place in a forum like this, and anyone who uses it should have it replaced with something funny like mispelling Elliott. If you want to insult someone, show some creativity instead of your deep-seated fear that you may be gay.
Christ, you're a faggot.

GSH
07-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Your kids are gorgeous.

They are, aren't they? Look of pure joy on their faces. Mom and dad are missed here, but not as much as they would be missed by them.

Samr
07-06-2015, 09:56 PM

Exactly.

As I just said in another thread, the LMA stuff is what brought me back after a few years (hi guys! Been here since SpursCentral took a dump I think like 10 years ago or something). Left because, like Kori said, every thread was the same pointless talk about parker sucks, duncan is awesome, church of whomever scored the most last game. I listen to sports radio on the way to and from work, and I read twitter, so there really wasn't a point in wading through the everglades of suck in order to find one smart opinion on here.

I like that things appear to be changing, at least temporarily.

Keep it up.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Using faggot doesn't mean you're homophobic, tbh. And homophobic is an idiotic term. No one is afraid of homos, some people just don't approve of their lifestyle.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Case in point. This site is overrun by basement dwelling nose-pickers who get their jollies calling each other bad names. Like a bunch of unsupervised 4th graders. I have no doubts fans of other teams, prospective fans, members of the media, etc, leave here wondering what a great franchise is doing with troglodytes as fans.

This is why I left too. The trolling got out of hand to the point where there was no decent discussion to read. I hope ST has found its real reason for being again: to talk about the Spurs, not to indulge the homophobia, racism and toilet humor of moronic man-children.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:00 PM
This site ran best when the no spamming of topics rule was enforced. The problem with the last year was people saying the same shit over and over again. So like it or not we do need some sort of moderation. Shit quited down real quick when the powers that be came back down. But will no doubt start up again when they leave. Hopefully an influx of new blood less to some fresh happenongs

Some people here are my niggas. And some people here are faggots welcome to spurstalk.

Samr
07-06-2015, 10:02 PM
And just in case anyone is in the position to take suggestions:

Is it really a good idea to let just anyone start threads? Maybe a sub-forum for thread suggestions, then a moderator moves the good ones into the main Spurs forum? That'd clear up a lot of nonsense. The main page here looks like a facebook feed instead of a list of actual topics.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:03 PM
People that are bitching can gtfo and find another forum imo. Good luck finding a site with as many knowledgeable posters and limited moderation as ST.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:03 PM

They're not calling them homosexual when they call them faggots

benefactor
07-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Using faggot doesn't mean you're homophobic, tbh. And homophobic is an idiotic term. No one is afraid of homos, some people just don't approve of their lifestyle.
:tu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Crofl, RuffnReadyOzStyle is a whiny faggot.

And robdiaz is a weaksauce bitch who has given up on the Spurs so many times he has no credibility as a fan.

Bullshit. Using the term is insulting, derogatory and discriminatory to an entire subset of humanity who you are judging entirely on the basis of their sexuality. "Faggot" is to homophobia as "nigga" is to racism - a lazy word used far too casually by stupid people like you.

If you don't think it's homophobic, go and ask some gay people and see how they react. I dare you.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:06 PM
So gay people can handle a 10 inch dick up their ass but they can't handle being called a faggot? Okay, faggot.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:08 PM
They're not calling them homosexual when they call them faggots

And you are missing the point.

I am not the only one who objects to casual use of the word - it is ugly and unnecessary. There is an easy fix - filter it like timvp filtered mispelling Elliott. Make it funny.

Brazil
07-06-2015, 10:08 PM
:lol people still think we're the same poster?

Ask Kori to confirm we have the same IP:lol..

:lol as she will confirm that one day

Clipper Nation
07-06-2015, 10:09 PM
RuffnReadyUpTheButt ruining this thread with his faggotry.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:09 PM
My best friend of 10 years is a lesbian but I'm "homophobic".:cry

Mugen
07-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Gimme a smooch, Ruff.

manufan10
07-06-2015, 10:10 PM
This forum didn't need saving... Well, only from the rumor that it was going to close down for good on July 6th... and here we are.

YYxzRYMrcVc

Vic Petro
07-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Under-moderated >>>>>>>>>> Over-moderated

manufan10
07-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Gays should just embrace the word faggot like blacks have with nigga, tbh.

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:14 PM
And robdiaz is a weaksauce bitch who has given up on the Spurs so many times he has no credibility as a fan.

:wow..

Holy shit I wasn't expecting that :lol...

But really, don't be so sensitive.

picnroll
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
So gay people can handle a 10 inch dick up their ass but they can't handle being called a faggot? Okay, faggot.
How can I put this subtley. I know. It's assholes like you that drive quality posters away. Just a gentle hint.

Trainwreck2100
Gays should just embrace the word faggot like blacks have with nigga, tbh.

Meh, they can get married.now so they're gonna find themselves causeless after the honeymoon is over. I expect the use of faggot to be what they start bitching about next. What else do they have?

Hoops Czar
My best friend of 10 years is a lesbian but I'm "homophobic".:cry

Clipper Nation is a lesbian? :wow

RD2191
How can I put this subtley. I know. It's assholes like you that drive quality posters away. Just a gentle hint.
I doubt that, homosexual.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Nigga is drowning in pussy so yes.

manufan10

Scottie Pippen
And just in case anyone is in the position to take suggestions:

Is it really a good idea to let just anyone start threads? Maybe a sub-forum for thread suggestions, then a moderator moves the good ones into the main Spurs forum? That'd clear up a lot of nonsense. The main page here looks like a facebook feed instead of a list of actual topics.

You may have an actual point.

Point being this is the stupidest idea that has ever come across ST.

manufan10
07-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Meh, they can get married.now so they're gonna find themselves causeless after the honeymoon is over. I expect the use of faggot to be what they start bitching about next. What else do they have?

True. I remember the NBA Cares commercial with Grant Hill over people using the word gay as an adjective. :lol

Clipper Nation

Hoops Queer with the bads, per par.

HarlemHeat37
:lol if all these bandwagon fans created basketball threads during the season, the other types of threads would get drowned out, tbh..

Nothing has changed, just a lot of people showing up again because the Spurs signed Aldridge, let's be honest..the regular season is boring, nobody really took initiative to make game thoughts threads when timvp left, etc..

Its all fun, there should be a lot of good discussion now that the Spurs have more hype heading into a season than ever..I don't ever want to see this place turn into a bland, vanilla forum like RealGm..

Samr
Aaaaaaannnnddddd this is going downhill quick.

So this is what I missed these last few years? Really??

DPG21920
07-06-2015, 10:18 PM
I find it absolutely hilarious that people are saying the stuff posted this week has made ST so much better :lol. There has been good posters all year long and nothing that has been posted in the past few days has added a lot to what was already posted before.

Bunch of weird people IMO.

KaiRMD1
07-06-2015, 10:18 PM
I get the feeling there are going to be a lot of new "spurs fans" joining the forum. Old sports will probably just be trolls though. Either way, glad to see spurstalk jumping again

manufan10
07-06-2015, 10:19 PM
:lol if all these bandwagon fans created basketball threads during the season, the other types of threads would get drowned out, tbh..

Nothing has changed, just a lot of people showing up again because the Spurs signed Aldridge, let's be honest..the regular season is boring, nobody really took initiative to make game thoughts threads when timvp left, etc..

Its all fun, there should be a lot of good discussion now that the Spurs have more hype heading into a season than ever..I don't ever want to see this place turn into a bland, vanilla forum like RealGm..

Just PM apa and put him on a leash. :lol He's to the Spurs forum what Avante was to the NFL forum.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:20 PM

HH dropping nukes per usual.

DPG21920
Aaaaaaannnnddddd this is going downhill quick.

So this is what I missed these last few years? Really??

Dude - just leave then. Honestly. Acting like because Timvp showed up and posted a 30 second explanation of what he saw in SL that ST has gotten soooooo muuuuuch better is literally crazy to me. Nothing has changed. Quality is exactly the same as it was 3 months ago.

It's just that you love Timvp - which is totally fine - just don't see why people act like things have changed other than there being excitement because of LMA.

RD2191
I find it absolutely hilarious that people are saying the stuff posted this week has made ST so much better :lol. There has been good posters all year long and nothing that has been posted in the past few days has added a lot to what was already posted before.

Another truth nuke.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:21 PM
DPG on a roll tonight, tbh.

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:22 PM
ST has definitely changed from the historic days in 05-06, but this forum isn't the same. If timvp can adapt, so can you.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:23 PM
:wow..

Holy shit I wasn't expecting that :lol...

But really, don't be so sensitive.

Don't you know about him? Every game thread he's in he says we're going to lose when we go through a rough patch early in the 2nd quarter. We lose a couple of games in a row in Jan and for him the season is over. He's a quitter and a fake fan.

I'm expressing my opinion. This place would be better without constant trolling and having to read "faggot" 10 times a page. In the old days people were far more creative with their insults, and I'd like to see that return.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:23 PM
I get the feeling there are going to be a lot of new "spurs fans" joining the forum. Old sports will probably just be trolls though. Either way, glad to see spurstalk jumping again

Hopefully this place is berries again

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I post daily yet I've given up on the team. That's rich coming from the guy who bailed because he can't handle the word faggot.:lol

DPG21920
07-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Instead of people complaining, add something of value. Engage in basketball convos. Start meaningful threads.

Of course the racisim and homophobic stuff is annoying to people who are good people - but it's been that way and the owners have obviously shown they aren't going to change how things operate around here.

That means all you can do is your part to make it better or leave. Only two choices tbh..

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Of course ST has changed, most "old school" posters were frontrunners who bailed when things got bad. Spurs sign LMA and "fans" are coming out of nowhere.

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Don't you know about him? Every game thread he's in he says we're going to lose when we go through a rough patch early in the 2nd quarter. We lose a couple of games in a row in Jan and for him the season is over. He's a quitter and a fake fan.

I'm expressing my opinion. This place would be better without constant trolling and having to read "faggot" 10 times a page. In the old days people were far more creative with their insults, and I'd like to see that return.

Of course I know about him. People in my day referred to people like him as a "pussy"

2centsworth
07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
This forum has changed. Just a new generation of posters. Of course Old Timers are gonna think it was better long ago. I'm just happy to see the a lot of familiar names as wellAs some of the newer quality posters.

Mikeanaro
07-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Of course ST has changed, most "old school" posters were frontrunners who bailed when things got bad. Spurs sign LMA and "fans" are coming out of nowhere.
Closet Blazerfans?

apalisoc_9
DPG and Malik going ham....

What's funny is that most of these guys who "stopped" posting were never in any shape or from relevant or provided anything positive. They also make then and now comparisons while admitting they haven't been in the site for a while.:lol

Ball lickers :lol

benefactor

Calling someone a faggot is just like using tbh...it's part of the ST fabric. You and Mr. Body can go start your own forum if you if it bothers you two that much.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:29 PM

Of course I know about him. People in my day referred to people to him as a "pussy"
Solid troll account, pussy.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:29 PM

What's funny is that most of these guys who "stopped" posting were never in any shape or from relevant or provided anything positive. They also make then and now comparisons while admitting they haven't been in the site for a while.:lol

Bold apal, one of the best posters on ST.

apalisoc_9
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
timvp is here now..everything changed ..i feel so happy..:lol:cry

vanilla takes with Vanilla personalities :lol

The guys who stayed, posted, enaged during the rough times of the 2015 are the real heroes of spurstalk..not some wankers who leave when shit gets dark...

The site has never changed.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM

Bullfuckingshit any reasonable thread (there were few) was immediately taken over by the dickfuck and asshole brigades. Who went out of there way to make it contest to see whos micropenis was bigger

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:31 PM
timvp is here now..everything changed :lol

vanilla takes with Vanilla personalities :lol

The guys who stayed, posted, enaged during the rough times of the 2015 are the real heroes of spurstalk..not some wankers who leave when shit gets dark...

The site has never changed.
Did you have a truth salad for dinner?

manufan10
Didn't Spurs fans in the :cry good ole days :cry troll the Mav krew with "4 rings, faggot?" Nothings changed. Except it's now "5 rings, faggot."

SPURt
Nigga is drowning in pussy so yes.
You can drown in pussy? Damn, my mom didn't tell me that... I remember her mentioning something about loving each other, then at least spitting on it, but never the prospect of dying from having fluid fill my lungs! You're blowing my mind!

Mikeanaro
07-06-2015, 10:33 PM

Most of those guys are blind homers, working from 9 to 5 and drinking beer... they only care about cheering the team and if you say something bad about certain player lets call him ¨deity¨ their world just falls apart SACRILEGE! YOU PAGAN!

HarlemHeat37
Bullfuckingshit any reasonable thread (there were few) was immediately taken over by the dickfuck and asshole brigades. Who went out of there way to make it contest to see whos micropenis was bigger

That's true, there are posters like ChumpDumper that spammed the forum all year, but the ignore list is there for a reason, bro..

DPG21920
And people shouldn't be trying to force posters out - even if they don't really add anything of note. I'm glad this forum is a blend of basketball & funny. But the point is, you can only control what you can control - especially when you have seen how the owners have run their site.

But complaining about things while fake applauding other things can be just as frustrating - especially when those people aren't doing anything to make things better.

I get that every once and a while, racists/homophobes will annoy you so much you will speak out (I do that too), but I try to post about basketball to make up for it.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Chinook, cd021, malik, apal, ElNono, DPG, dude's have been contributing great takes on the regular. I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty of other posters so I don't know where "st has been better" the last few days is coming from.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:35 PM

:lmao

You're so delusional I think you need professional help.

2centsworth
07-06-2015, 10:35 PM
timvp is here now..everything changed ..i feel so happy..:lol:cryvanilla takes with Vanilla personalities :lolThe guys who stayed, posted, enaged during the rough times of the 2015 are the real heroes of spurstalk..not some wankers who leave when shit gets dark...The site has never changed.When did shit get dark? Spurs are 13 months removed from winning a title. Dark is getting swept in the 1sr rd or losing to the 8th seed.

Trill Clinton
07-06-2015, 10:36 PM
y'all are too old for this shit. lock this thread

Mikeanaro
07-06-2015, 10:36 PM
When did shit get dark? Spurs are 13 months removed from winning a title. Dark is getting swept in the 1sr rd or losing to the 8th seed.
Shit got dark during 2013 tbh.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:37 PM

You're so delusional I think you need professional help.
No, it's the truth.

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Shit got dark during 2013 tbh.

We were here in 13

2centsworth
07-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Shit got dark during 2013 tbh.The year they went to the finals? If that's dark, I'll take dark ever year.

Slydragon
I still visit time to time but rarely post but that's always been me since I signed up 10 years ago. With that said, I have been here daily for about a month now with this off season.

ChumpDumper
That's true, there are posters like ChumpDumper that spammed the forum all year, but the ignore list is there for a reason, bro..Projection Krew is completely on the defensive in this thread.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:40 PM
That's true, there are posters like ChumpDumper that spammed the forum all year, but the ignore list is there for a reason, bro..

Ignore list against my religion

Mikeanaro
We were here in 13
I dont know man, maybe you were here with another account or as a lurker but those were the shittiest days here.

apalisoc_9
The beauty of Spurstalk has always been the mix of banter, freedom of arguments between two opposing opinions, Legitimate basketball talk and many other things. I've been lurking this site for almost 10 years and a lot of what these losers are asking were never spurstalk culture.

This place was never meant to be a Police runned site with only basketball to talk about..It was never like that and will never be like that.

Just a bunch of ball lickers who are all jumping into the TIMVP hype. It's disgusting. Weak personality.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Calling someone a faggot is just like using tbh...it's part of the ST fabric. You and Mr. Body can go start your own forum if you if it bothers you two that much.

It's part of the fabric because you say it is? There was about a decade there where people on ST didn't feel the need to use it in every second post... I wonder what changed? Could it be that the trolls took over and every thread became a litany of 4th grader insults? Yes, I think that's it.

It's also pretty telling that just for expressing an opinion I've been targeted here. The trolls try to hound everyone else into silence. I guess things haven't changed much.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2015, 10:42 PM
The beauty of Spurstalk has always been the mix of banter, freedom of arguments between two opposing opinions, Legitimate basketball talk and many other things. I've been lurking this site for almost 10 years and a lot of what these losers are asking were never spurstalk culture.

This place was never meant to be a Police runned site with only basketball to talk about..It was never like that and will never be like that.

Just a bunch of ball lickers who are all jumping into the TIMVP hype. It's disgusting. Weak personality.TIMVP is a better poster than you.

Always has been, always will be.

Don't hate.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:42 PM
It's part of the fabric because you say it is? There was about a decade there where people on ST didn't feel the need to use it in every second post... I wonder what changed? Could it be that the trolls took over and every thread became a litany of 4th grader insults? Yes, I think that's it.

It's also pretty telling that just for expressing an opinion I've been targeted here. The trolls try to hound everyone else into silence. I guess things haven't changed much.
Quit your whining and gtfo out then, homosexual.

DPG21920
07-06-2015, 10:43 PM
People are cray

Mikeanaro
07-06-2015, 10:43 PM
The year they went to the finals? If that's dark, I'll take dark ever year.
Lol you escaped then, if you were here you would know what I mean.

apalisoc_9
07-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Faggot is probably the most used word in spurstalk, asking to get rid of or minimize it is one of the faggiest thing I've heard in a while tbh...

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:44 PM
RuffnReadyOzStyle acting as if his shit takes will be missed.:lol The best posters on ST never left. They all post regularly and bring great insight with most of their takes.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2015, 10:45 PM
TIMVP is a better poster than you.

Always has been, always will be.

Don't hate.
Literally everybody is a better poster than you, CumGuzzler. Even N0 LyF3 ScRuB and Avante are better than you.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Literally everybody is a better poster than you, CumGuzzler. Even N0 LyF3 ScRuB and Avante are better than you.You're the weirdest kind of hanger-on.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:46 PM

People started bitching about it is what changed. Yes it was being used infrequently but as soon as someone bitches about it the more people are going to use it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Quit your whining and gtfo out then, homosexual.

Nothing you or the other trolls say has any effect on me, moron. Never has. Don't you get that yet?

I'd just like ST to get back to being a place I bother to visit, because there are a lot of great people on here.

Wu36
07-06-2015, 10:47 PM
I would like to thank Drom John for trying to keep the think tank afloat. Most fans could have looked at those mocks. But he took the time update it. Not like Bruno. But thanks. I enjoy the think tank.

Mugen
07-06-2015, 10:48 PM
We all float down here, Ruff....

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/terrordrome/images/b/b0/Pennywise.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140706011621

apalisoc_9
07-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Guys you gotta watch your words. TIMVP is active right now and is only a PM away from chump...

Remember chump likes to complain...I got a PM from a mod a couple weeks ago giving me warning for calling him a faggot..

You got watch what you say with chump...

Just treat him like that RICH kid with rich and powerful parents but everybody hates and laughs at his back

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Nothing you or the other trolls say has any effect on me, moron. Never has. Don't you get that yet?

I'd just like ST to get back to being a place I bother to visit, because there are a lot of great people on here.
Put people on ignore then. It's really that simple. And your entire meltdown says otherwise. Of course it has an effect on you. You just said you don't visit because people use the word faggot.

RD2191
Guys you gotta watch your words. TIMVP is active right now and is only a PM away from chump...

Remember chump likes to complain...I got a PM from a mod a couple weeks ago giving me warning for calling him a faggot..

Just treat him like that RICH kid with rich and powerful parents but everybody hates and laughs at his back

ChumpDumper

Just treat him like that RICH kid with rich and powerful parents but everybody hates and laughs at his backGo ahead and post screenshots of all the PMs you got from mods.

Sounds like it was a pretty traumatic experience for you.

Let's all get together to help you back to normal.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Literally everybody is a better poster than you, CumGuzzler. Even N0 LyF3 ScRuB and Avante are better than you.

Nope

apalisoc_9

hey brah, WTF are you doing? Chump is browsing the thread man.. I don't want to get scolded by mods bro.

Remember we laugh when he's not browsing...

manufan10

You keep saying that, but that was when no one was around. Who sent you the PM? At least post it like you did with you and HH planning threads.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2015, 10:53 PM
hey brah, WTF are you doing? Chump is browsing the thread man.. I don't want to get scolded by mods bro.

Remember we laugh when he's not browsing...Post the screenshots of all the PMs you got from mods.

You've had more than enough time to game plan your response.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:53 PM

Remember we laugh when he's not browsing...
My bad, maybe I should chill, don't want to get banned, tbh.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2015, 10:54 PM
My bad, maybe I should chill, don't want to get banned, tbh.But you didn't care about getting banned when you were going to :cry expose :cry me.

Spurtacular

Bandwaggoners or posters finally having their accounts activated?

That ST wasn't activating accounts for a couple years and then finally starts doing it right after the Aldridge signing is/was out of my control.

RD2191
But you didn't care about getting banned when you were going to :cry expose :cry me.
You'd probably off your handicapped ass if I exposed you.

Trainwreck2100

when you li it insults your audience's intelligence. Unless they were expecting it from you

SpursFan86
07-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Agree with the notion to just actually contribute to meaningful basketball discussion if you're unhappy with the some apparent lack of such stuff. As others have said, there's plenty of good discussion on here.

The Parker vs. Kawhi shit did get old during the season though :lol I've said it before...I'm fine with some trolling. Parker was legitimately one of the worst starting PGs in the league last year, and deserved a ton of criticism. But some of y'all took it WAY too far. I mean there were times when over half of the topics on the front page were about Parker vs. Kawhi bullshit :lol It's funny to an extent, but at some point it gets excessive. I'm all down for the occasional Porker joke or whatever, but when the entire forum is taken over by it, it loses the comedy factor and is just plain annoying.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 10:56 PM
I have a deep history with this place - was here long before most of the trolls in this thread - and traveled across the world to see the Spurs and hang with the SR/ST crew (I happened to visit right when the schism occurred). That was probably the greatest month of my life, and the team went on to win the 2003 championship.

I just think it's sad that weak, predictable abuse-trolling now defines the character of ST when trolling used to just be part of it, and a very amusing part of it at that.

Trainwreck2100
Bandwaggoners or posters finally having their accounts activated?

That ST wasn't activating accounts for a couple years and then finally starts doing it right after the Aldridge signing is/was out of my control.

you...uh....you didn't really have to size 4 that, most people here acknowledge this place was locked down for 2 finals runs.

ChumpDumper
You'd probably off your handicapped ass if I exposed you.Hey, if you went through all the trouble to doxx me, you care a whole lot about all this.

Good work! :toast

RD2191
07-06-2015, 10:57 PM
I have a deep history with this place - was here long before most of the trolls in this thread - and traveled across the world to see the Spurs and hang with the SR/ST crew (I happened to visit right when the schism occurred). That was probably the greatest month of my life, and the team went on to win the 2003 championship.

I just think it's sad that weak, predictable abuse-trolling now defines the character of ST when trolling used to just be part of it, and a very amusing part of it at that.
Grandpa, tell me bout the good ol days.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Put people on ignore then. It's really that simple. And your entire meltdown says otherwise. Of course it has an effect on you. You just said you don't visit because people use the word faggot.

Expressing an opinion is not a meltdown. You love to constantly re-frame what others say, but it doesn't work with me, kid.

And yes, I probably will put you on ignore. Why don't you do the same to me?

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Expressing an opinion is not a meltdown. You love to constantly re-frame what others say, but it doesn't work with me, kid.

And yes, I probably will put you on ignore. Why don't you do the same to me?
Because I'm not a pussy. If I don't like what you post I'll just skip over it, I'm not going to have a minor meltdown and cry about it. It's relatively simple to avoid certain posters, tbh.

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Because I'm not a pussy. If I don't like what you post I'll just skip over it, I'm not going to have a minor meltdown and cry about it. It's relatively simple to avoid certain posters, tbh.

Discourse is a fundamental facet of language

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Discourse is a fundamental facet of language
You say tomato I say faggot.

SequSpur
07-06-2015, 11:15 PM
Seriously,enough of the gay and racial slurs of all kinds. I will block your IP address and ban your username the next time you use it.

:sequ

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Thanks OP, I'll continue to share my basketball knowledge around here :bobo

apalisoc_9
07-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Seriously,enough of the gay and racial slurs of all kinds. I will block your IP address and ban your username the next time you use it.

:sequ

Midget..

Is that ok sir?

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:17 PM
:wakeup

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 11:17 PM
You say tomato I say faggot.

you say something, and i think you're full of shit. I'm gonna tell you you're full of shit not gloss over it.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:18 PM
you say something, and i think you're full of shit. I'm gonna tell you you're full of shit not gloss over it.
You say shit I say genius.

SPURt
07-06-2015, 11:18 PM
I love the healing going on in this thread! It's like everyone has been going to group therapy for a few years and we are having our break through now! I'm crying, it's beautiful! People are telling each other how they feel, even the new guys are getting in on it. Love Wins!

Trainwreck2100
07-06-2015, 11:19 PM
You say shit I say genius.

yeah, i can see you believing that. And that's ok

manufan10
07-06-2015, 11:19 PM

Should just stick to Twitter.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:20 PM
yeah, i can see you believing that. And that's ok

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Should just stick to Twitter.
:sleep

DJR210
07-06-2015, 11:22 PM

Fucking SJW's smh

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm calling a truce with all posters, tbh. Just don't come at me or I'll have to kick your ass behind whataburger.

manufan10
07-06-2015, 11:23 PM
I'm calling a truce with all posters, tbh. Just don't come at me or I'll have to kick your ass behind whataburger.

Still waiting on my Monterrey Melt, faggot.

RD2191
07-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Still waiting on my Monterrey Melt, faggot.

I gave it to your mom last night.

Dammit, I said truce.

manufan10
07-06-2015, 11:30 PM
I gave it to your mom last night.

Dammit, I said truce.

Cry Havoc
07-06-2015, 11:58 PM

You just don't get their edge, man. They're too damn witty for you. The stuff you hear in 7th grade locker rooms is truly the pinnacle of humor.

Good to see you're back, btw. Stick around.

RD2191
07-07-2015, 12:11 AM
You just don't get their edge, man. They're too damn witty for you. The stuff you hear in 7th grade locker rooms is truly the pinnacle of humor.

In before your girlfriend.

Kawhi_and_LMA
07-07-2015, 12:50 AM
Hello, I'm new here.

Love the offseason of course. It will be interesting to see who else they can get on vet min contracts. If everyone stays healthy and Parker doesn't regress, this team should be special.

dabom
07-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Hello, I'm new here.

Love the offseason of course. It will be interesting to see who else they can get on vet min contracts. If everyone stays healthy and Parker doesn't regress, this team should be special.

Tony can't get worse than last year right?

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 01:04 AM
Forum has been good the past year tbh. :lol

You can always go to spursreport, no one will call yall faggots there because their latest thread is a year old

Slutter McGee
07-07-2015, 01:09 AM
In answer to the OP question. God Yes. Over the last year I've preferred arguing in politics with fucking boutons over having to read through all the shit posts and threads invading the Spurs forum from a few certain people.

Slutter McGee

gospursgojas
07-07-2015, 03:00 AM
Yes

popdagreat
07-07-2015, 03:01 AM
well i finally got accepted. been lurking for yeaaarrrsss lol. :bobo

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 03:08 AM
A good forum maintains a health balance between technical, basketball-savvy posts and simple, enjoyable/fun posts......

spurstalk seems to be able to manage that pretty well...............

if a little bit too democratic!

(but hey, humans love to express themselves).....

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 03:11 AM
let's just all be fighters!

fighters for our beloved Spurs!

(but hey, let's be creative

for example, I love to associate my love for the Spurs with my love for fantasy books

in my case, it makes for a good analogy

Dear Sirs, we simply have to accept each other's idiosyncrasies and eccentricities

and all shall be well!

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 03:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBTtHm4rnc

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 03:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBTtHm4rnc

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 03:21 AM
ST has been going strong for awhile now, imo. It certainly helped that the owners opened up registration again.

We got some new idiot Laker trolls but overall u right man.

07-07-2015, 03:58 AM
St would have survived.

There's always enough people here that think the ship is sinking, regardless.

senorglory
07-07-2015, 04:17 AM

Why are you so insecure?

senorglory
07-07-2015, 04:26 AM

This is spot on. It's alsobeen true for years.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2015, 04:35 AM

I'll be in and out. Life is busy. But yeah, I'll be around.

Hope you are well.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2015, 04:47 AM
For me this thread all boils down to the following: some of us believe in civility - that is, being reasonably considerate of other people and realising that my rights only extend to the point where someone else's begin. That's why non-discriminatory use of language is actually important - every time you use it you are stepping on someone else's right not to be insulted or vilified.

Unfortunately for those of us that believe in civility, there are others (namely, the trolls) who don't give a fuck about that because they honestly believe they are the most important thing in the Universe (aka Teenager Syndrome). These people never actually grew up and became adults, so they never realised that being part of a community/society comes with responsibilities.

And that's where we are.

Note that I'm not saying that we shouldn't be allowed to insult each other - humorous insults, pranks, grudges, whatever I have no problem with. But there are lines that should not be crossed, and when part of the community asks you not to cross them and you continue to do so, you're being a fuckhead.

Hopefully, that is clear.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-07-2015, 05:18 AM
Well, despite their being a lot of crap, there were more high level posts than ever before IMO. Ones that weren't just about feelings or opinion (although those are really fun to read too), but where people learned about the CBA and other business related items.

Other than Bruno when he was around, there are more posters now contributing in that regard and helping other posters engage in fruitful BB convos.

as much as i fuckin hate chump and firehalili. when i read a post like this, i think of those two having the determination to ride out a heated discussion.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-07-2015, 05:23 AM

you're another of my favorites. the spurs are gonna miss Splitter. If we don't get Tavares, please think of me when we start lookin like the trailblazers in the 16 playoffs.

Austin_Toros
07-07-2015, 05:35 AM
Was there once a sticky thread with forum rules? Maybe there should be one.

unleashbaynes
07-07-2015, 06:40 AM
This past year has been dreadful tbh. Just a bunch of dumbasses insulting Tony and Kawhi and throwing out dumb insults while parroting their same little gay phrases like "vanilla" and "mainstream", there has been no creativity at all, just some people thinking that quantity of posts > quality of posts.

benefactor
07-07-2015, 07:33 AM

:lol...you've only been here a decade...and people don't use it every second post. Exaggerate much?

I got here three years after you did. From the time I got here Mav fans were using against Spur fan who resorted to ring smack. Is it a little more frequent now? Perhaps. Are you being overly sensitive to something that isn't a big deal to anyone except you, Mr. Body, :cryry Havoc and a few other select posters? Definitely.

Remember, the ignore list is a couple of clicks away. If people who use it frequently are offending you there's a solution. Same thing with others who get "trolled into silence." Something within them wants to respond and go back in forth...otherwise they would ignore them. Kool has been trying to troll me unsuccessfully for months. I don't respond to him because he's a dumbass. Food for thought.

spurspokesman
07-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Good to see some of the OG's back. Better content has me on the board more often like my boy HHeat eluded to. I'm pumped

RD2191
07-07-2015, 08:32 AM
For me this thread all boils down to the following: some of us believe in civility - that is, being reasonably considerate of other people and realising that my rights only extend to the point where someone else's begin. That's why non-discriminatory use of language is actually important - every time you use it you are stepping on someone else's right not to be insulted or vilified.

Unfortunately for those of us that believe in civility, there are others (namely, the trolls) who don't give a fuck about that because they honestly believe they are the most important thing in the Universe (aka Teenager Syndrome). These people never actually grew up and became adults, so they never realised that being part of a community/society comes with responsibilities.

And that's where we are.

Note that I'm not saying that we shouldn't be allowed to insult each other - humorous insults, pranks, grudges, whatever I have no problem with. But there are lines that should not be crossed, and when part of the community asks you not to cross them and you continue to do so, you're being a fuckhead.

Hopefully, that is clear.
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-waterfalls.gif

pgardn
07-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Dude - just leave then. Honestly. Acting like because Timvp showed up and posted a 30 second explanation of what he saw in SL that ST has gotten soooooo muuuuuch better is literally crazy to me. Nothing has changed. Quality is exactly the same as it was 3 months ago.

It's just that you love Timvp - which is totally fine - just don't see why people act like things have changed other than there being excitement because of LMA.

Disagree.

We got a continuous flow of really good CBA stuff (by yourself and others) with good relevant questions asked. There was very little personal side warfare or Porker Posting to wade through in between; even though I got a good number on ignore.

The posting has been there but the good question and answer banter uninterrupted was a relief. I do not have time or inclination to keep up with all the CBA crap so those that do are appreciated.

Brazil
07-07-2015, 09:20 AM

:lol not sure why some active people during last two years are being defensive on people saying that this week has made ST better... this is where it is weird not the other way around

A lot of knowledgeable posters all year long for sure but it is also nice to read bb discussion from a lot of posters that were hibernating tbh. Diversity of opinions is what makes ST great by this logic the more the better, so if traffic increased due to LMA that's great for the forum, I hope most of them will stick around past the free agency

RD2191
07-07-2015, 09:20 AM
:lol not sure why some active people during last two years are being defensive on people saying that this week has made ST better... this is where it is weird not the other way around

A lot of knowledgeable posters all year long for sure but it is also nice to read bb discussion from a lot of posters that were hibernating tbh. Diversity of opinions is what makes ST great by this logic the more the better, so if traffic increased due to LMA that's great for the forum, I hope most of them will stick around past the free agency

Brazil
07-07-2015, 09:23 AM

My nig stop with the homophobic word faggot tbh :cry pls :cry

RD2191
07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
My nig stop with the homophobic word faggot tbh :cry pls :cry
I might have to, tbh. Ruffnready keeps crying about it.:lol

Brazil
07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
I think we need an appreciation thread for the historical guys like me that sticked around after 6 tbh

We deserve recognition and love !
The new posters are not better than us !
The forum was fine without all these new guys !

pls :cry

Brazil
07-07-2015, 09:26 AM
I might have to, tbh. Ruffnready keeps crying about it.:lol

stop hurting his feelings Roberto ! pls !

RD2191
07-07-2015, 09:27 AM
I think we need an appreciation thread for the historical guys like me that sticked around after 6 tbh

We deserve recognition and love !
The new posters are not better than us !
The forum was fine without all these new guys !

pls :cry
shit, I defended all of you niggas last night, tbh. This forum has had legit regular posters since the early days. Like I said, the best posters never left.

polandprzem
07-07-2015, 09:33 AM
This is why I left too. The trolling got out of hand to the point where there was no decent discussion to read. I hope ST has found its real reason for being again: to talk about the Spurs, not to indulge the homophobia, racism and toilet humor of moronic man-children.

and 1

Been here for the golden times but now I'm coming occasionally.

silverblackfan
07-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Yep. This forum continues to be the Wild West... and another gun fight broke out over grammer, language, and who's the better poster. Always fun to read here, not always fun to post.

Brazil
07-07-2015, 09:36 AM
shit, I defended all of you niggas last night, tbh. This forum has had legit regular posters since the early days. Like I said, the best posters never left.

thanks brah ! you're the man

I created a thread to keep record of the posters who never left :tu

RD2191
07-07-2015, 09:36 AM
thanks brah ! you're the man

I created a thread to keep record of the posters who never left :tu
:hat:toast

MI21
07-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I've enjoyed browsing and posting on ST over the past year. Surprisingly, it's the NBA forum that has provided a lot of decent material. Except for the troll Lakers fans who are easy to ignore as they just start threads that are ridiculous and obviously trolls, there has been good stuff going on there.

Even some of the Kawhi loving / Tony hating threads created by the same poster have some validity. The OP's are often obvious trolls but it does actually create some decent conversation but I will admit you do have to wade through some absolute shit.

I think some posters see some of the "older" names posting and think it's automatically better basketball conversation which is a load of crap because I'm not seeing a lot of threads being created by these posters. I hope that some of the returning posters do stick around though - guys like timvp, Solid D and Marcus Bryant know there stuff and I look forward to seeing there thoughts and agree/disagreeing.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2015, 10:26 AM
It was better before.

The best posters did leave.

It's not a crime to be worse than them, but the forum has not been as good. Don't be upset by it.

GSH
07-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Like I said, the best posters never left.

LOL... you gotta admit, bud, the people who stayed claiming that only the best people stayed? Maybe a little less than objective.

Bottom line, there are some people who enjoy being right up in the middle of a mosh-pit. Really, really enjoy it. The music is just a back-drop. The real fun is getting the chance to fuck with somebody.

This place was always rough, but it devolved into a fucking mosh-pit. No denying it. The basketball is just a back-drop, and the real fun is fucking with people. The vast majority of people don't care for mosh-pits. The ones who do, of course, say that "if you don't like it, go find a Barry Manilow concert."

The two sides are never going to talk this out and come to some kind of middle-ground.

RD2191
07-07-2015, 10:30 AM
LOL... you gotta admit, bud, but the people who stayed claiming that only the best people stayed? Maybe a little less than objective.

Bottom line, there are some people who enjoy being right up in the middle of a mosh-pit. Really, really enjoy it. The music is just a back-drop. The real fun is getting the chance to fuck with somebody.

This place was always rough, but it devolved into a fucking mosh-pit. No denying it. The basketball is just a back-drop, and the real fun is fucking with people. The vast majority of people don't care for mosh-pits. The ones who do, of course, say that "if you don't like it, go find a Barry Manilow concert."

The two sides are never going to talk this out and come to some kind of middle-ground.
Well in that case lets all pop some acid and trip balls.

GSH
07-07-2015, 10:36 AM

LOL... seems like a logical response. :lol

No, there were people here talking basketball. But I would drop by and see threads like, "What if the '03 Spurs had Bill Russell?" or "Which Coyote do you think was the best?", and they would have like 300 responses.

And there were times that literally half the threads on the front page were from one guy, about Kawhi, or troll threads ABOUT the Kawhi threads - and they would have even more responses. It was hard to wade through all the crap to find anything really about the Spurs. All the personal/private feuds aren't so much fun for anyone not named Hatfield or McCoy.

RD2191
07-07-2015, 10:40 AM
LOL... seems like a logical response. :lol

No, there were people here talking basketball. But I would drop by and see threads like, "What if the '03 Spurs had Bill Russell?" or "Which Coyote do you think was the best?", and they would have like 300 responses.

And there were times that literally half the threads on the front page were from one guy, about Kawhi, or troll threads ABOUT the Kawhi threads - and they would have even more responses. It was hard to wade through all the crap to find anything really about the Spurs. All the personal/private feuds aren't so much fun for anyone not named Hatfield or McCoy.
Since you brought it up, I think we need a new coyote. Current coyote hasn't done much to impress me, tbh. I'm hoping for him to shoo himself out of a cannon mid-court but it still hasn't happened.

Spur84
07-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Since you brought it up, I think we need a new coyote. Current coyote hasn't done much to impress me, tbh. I'm hoping for him to shoo himself out of a cannon mid-court but it still hasn't happened.
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/markhughes/files/2013/10/Screen-shot-2013-10-29-at-2.25.57-PM-300x223.png
Call him up, he is ready for a tryout

Plum Island
07-07-2015, 10:49 AM

https://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/francis_buxton.jpg

Meanie... I'm telling Dad!

Plum Island
07-07-2015, 10:51 AM
In a mosh pit? I'm down. Let's do this...

RD2191
07-07-2015, 11:08 AM

Meanie... I'm telling Dad!

ChumpDumper
07-07-2015, 11:10 AM

Meanie... I'm telling Dad!Ask applesauce to post a screenshot of the PM he claims he got from "a mod" -- you'll never hear from him again.

Plum Island
07-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Ask applesauce to post a screenshot of the PM he claims he got from "a mod" -- you'll never hear from him again.
I doubt that. This happens to be the same cat who conjures sources out of the air and swears up and down that the time and the terms of what he says is going to happen to the point of offering an IP ban if he's wrong.
He was wrong. Did you expect him to really go away? He also welshed on his never coming back after Kawhi's unfortunate performance in the playoffs.

That old boy ain't going anywhere and I've chosen to enjoy him, rather than bristle. It's a useless endeavor.
I rather enjoy the board the way it is, after the initial shocks wore off.

polandprzem
07-07-2015, 11:45 AM
It was better before.

The best posters did leave.

It's not a crime to be worse than them, but the forum has not been as good. Don't be upset by it.

Haha a dry truth bomb by CD

benefactor
07-07-2015, 11:53 AM
LOL... you gotta admit, bud, the people who stayed claiming that only the best people stayed? Maybe a little less than objective.

Btw welcome back breh. Will never forget your "I hate bball forever" meltdown back in '13.

BD24
07-07-2015, 12:03 PM
90% of the post this year were applesauce and his homies posting about how much tony parker sucks. Wouldn't really call that great content. Has actually been pleasant to read actual basketball converstation these last few weeks.

Generating traffic does not equal generating good basketball discussion.

Beaverfuzz
07-07-2015, 12:04 PM
SpursTalk to be traded for LakersUnderground and a draft pick to be named later.

Blizzardwizard
07-07-2015, 12:14 PM

Whilst most of that is true, Spurstalk is what it is and it ain't gonna change any time soon. So it's either stick around and live with it or move on.

Blizzardwizard
07-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Just sifting through, I completely understand people's problem with the word 'faggot'. A turd of a word commonly used by spotty world of warcraft dweebs. Pisses me off that the word is so often reproduced on here.

GSH
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Btw welcome back breh. Will never forget your "I hate bball forever" meltdown back in '13.

Heh...I still don't watch the NBA very much. Old habits die hard, though, and when you bleed silver and black long enough, it's hard to just close the door.

The league changed some of the rules (or at least the way they call them) that I was sick of. They still need to clean some things up before it's basketball. (Like the way they loosened back up on the moving screens by playoff time.) But they cleaned up the officiating - especially the people who oversee the calls, and evaluate the refs. That was probably the single biggest need, and it wasn't happening under Stern.

Still, I didn't watch 1/10 the amount of ball last season, compared to what I used to watch. But I'm glad to see that I'm so important to you. I miss your cards at Christmas, but as long as I know you'll never forget me...

GSH
07-07-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm sick of reading the word "faggot". It has no place in a forum like this, and anyone who uses it should have it replaced with something funny like mispelling Elliott.

How about if every time someone wrote "faggot" the board filter replaced it with "Eff-er-son"?

I think it's a great compromise.

Beaverfuzz
07-07-2015, 12:33 PM
How about if every time someone wrote "faggot" the board filter replaced it with "Eff-er-son"?

I think it's a great compromise.

Seconded.

Solid D
07-07-2015, 12:47 PM
The Hemann82-NorCal pictures riding a Water Buffalo from The Club days of yesteryear seem like high-brow, intelligent humor these days.

DPG21920
07-07-2015, 01:44 PM

That was not really my specific point. There's a difference in enjoying the past week with LMA news and old posters returning (which I agree) and acting like anything has changed in that week. Of course the more the merrier but people acting like the level of quality posting has risen & now coming out on the high horses to proclaim "wow!!! There's the high level discussion we have been missing!!" Strikes me as weird.

The discussion has been here whether or not you have chosen to participate. Also, ironically, all the grandstanding about the trolls and decency basically boils down to the fact you don't think Kori/Uncle are good people? It's their forum and they always have control on what they allow and they are not complaining or stopping it. So what does that mean for what they want?

I agree, as a decent person I wish people would self regulate & it can build up & be annoying but the only thing we have control over is us. Step your game up & drown out the idiots because it's not changing.