PDA

View Full Version : would duncan and manu have retired if

tholdren
07-06-2015, 05:35 PM
spurs won it all last season?

could a rd 1 exit be the reload of the organization rather than the rebuild?

Aztecfan03
07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
spurs won it all last season?

could a rd 1 exit be the reload of the organization rather than the rebuild?

interesting point.

clubalien
07-06-2015, 05:40 PM
spurs never win back to back championships. so it was expected no repeat but this year with manu back we have a good shot of winning i doubt golden state repeats

Nathan89
07-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Duncan wouldn't but Manu might. Unless Duncan is playing very poorly that is.

clubalien
07-06-2015, 06:10 PM
if we didn't have such a huge FA signing i think manu would have retired.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-06-2015, 06:18 PM
I really think Manu wants/wanted to retire. His decline is obvious. He is coming back for one last shot at a ring and for the organization/fans. I feel Aldridge signing with Tim taking a huge pay cut left him obligated to return. I'm sure happy we can give him a rightful farewell tour. I love Manu.

tholdren
07-06-2015, 09:31 PM
I really think Manu wants/wanted to retire. His decline is obvious. He is coming back for one last shot at a ring and for the organization/fans. I feel Aldridge signing with Tim taking a huge pay cut left him obligated to return. I'm sure happy we can give him a rightful farewell tour. I love Manu.

you think he wanted to retire? I don't think he could leave the competition, but needed to have some additional help from the roster. I feel like he was getting more pissed that usual dealing with bonehead plays i.e. players not cutting, leaving spaces unfilled, timing etc.

Either way, glad their both back and don't want to see either break down during the season. Hope SA can get some more perimeter players to help with the offense.

Raven
07-06-2015, 09:32 PM
well duh?

keepinitwill
07-06-2015, 09:34 PM
No, they both would have come back to defend the title. I think this year will be Manu's last regardless of what happens. If Duncan is still productive this year, I think he will play one more.

TMTTRIO
07-06-2015, 09:57 PM
I think you're right. His agent said he was coming back just because he thought this year will be exciting (I guess he was excited about Aldridge coming).

ThaBigFundamental21
07-07-2015, 03:03 AM
you think he wanted to retire? I don't think he could leave the competition, but needed to have some additional help from the roster. I feel like he was getting more pissed that usual dealing with bonehead plays i.e. players not cutting, leaving spaces unfilled, timing etc.

Either way, glad their both back and don't want to see either break down during the season. Hope SA can get some more perimeter players to help with the offense.

I guess I shouldn't say "wanted" but I think he was ready to call it a career. Just from his interviews, him being frustrated with his injuries and declining play, his body no longer being able to keep up with his mind.
I'm pumped he's back too. I think a guy like Mo Williams would be a good add. I think he would fit the mold in our Offense. Solid ball handler, decent 3 point shooter. Our options are getting slimmer by the day. I wonder if he could be had for the vet minimum.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-07-2015, 03:04 AM
Wow! Nvm. He went back to the Cavs. God damn.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-07-2015, 03:13 AM
Manu yes, Duncan no. But I think he should have, tbh. Not very many legends get to go out on top.

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 03:41 AM
So, this year is the farewell tour of Manu as well as the arrival of the new torchbearer....................

lets enjoy this to the fullest then...........

Manu is irreplaceable......................THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MANU AGAIN!!!

Spurtacular
07-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Manu was actually playing great in December/January when he was playing big minutes due to injuries; and people were making threads saying how great he was for playing so awesome at his age. I think he forgot that; and I think the fans forget that. I think he just played too many minutes and didn't have his legs in the playoffs. I think if he's managed right, and the Spurs win, and he's feeling great, then it's possible he'll play beyond this season. I think he wants a back-to-back championship. I think they all do.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Manu was actually playing great in December/January when he was playing big minutes due to injuries; and people were making threads saying how great he was for playing so awesome at his age. I think he forgot that; and I think the fans forget that. I think he just played too many minutes and didn't have his legs in the playoffs. I think if he's managed right, and the Spurs win, and he's feeling great, then it's possible he'll play beyond this season. I think he wants a back-to-back championship. I think they all do.
Gotta have chicken a-la king first to make a pot pie.