PDA

View Full Version : WE'RE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED.

Uriel
07-06-2015, 07:46 PM
The rich just keep getting richer. Look at our lineup:

C - Tim Duncan
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
SF - Kawhi Leonard
SG - Danny Green
PG - Tony Parker

Bench: Manu Ginobili, Boris Diaw, Patty Mills, David West, Kyle Anderson

That is an all-time HOLY SHIT lineup right there--an absolute EMBARRASSMENT of RICHES. :wow

dabom
07-06-2015, 07:48 PM
:wakeup

dabom
07-06-2015, 07:48 PM
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

spurraider21
07-06-2015, 07:59 PM
I don't think kyle Anderson is part of a "holy shit" lineup but I do love it

Poolboy5623
07-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Still need a bit more depth...but yeah. ..

Uriel
07-06-2015, 08:35 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/nvcpv.jpg

mclinejr
07-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Still need a bit more depth...but yeah. ..

Yeah, something is still missing.

daledondale
07-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Cool until now, a little more it's asking too much? :(

Shabazz
07-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Need a shooter off the bench to replace Belli, at least one true center to bang with opposing centers, and a 3rd string PG.

therealtruth
07-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Why don't you just resurrect some of those old we're stacked threads.

Knoxxx
07-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Why don't you just resurrect some of those old we're stacked threads.

(trying to post a rolling smile it's not letting me!)

myhc
07-06-2015, 09:18 PM
I think we need one more shooter off the bench to replace Belli and we're good. Also one more backup center for the B2Bs when we rest Timmy.

itzsoweezee
07-06-2015, 09:20 PM
a bench with only two guards is scary. What are they going to pull off the scrap heap?

mingus
07-06-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm just worried about back-up SF. That 2nd unit with KA is gonna be abhorrent defensively. Not that Belli was a defensive beast on the perimeter but KA doesn't even have his foot-speed and at least we had the option of using Cojo.

Samr
07-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Bertans (the brother) could fill in as the shooter, and I've said from the draft that Lelanne would be a nice banger to have in the rotation for a few hack-a-whomevers. Throw in LJC on the end of the bench as a "break in case of emergency" defender who can't shoot and you already have the bench filled out just with the SL guys.

Anyone else we get is gravy. Not sure how Anderson will pan out.

Samr
Bertans (the brother) could fill in as the shooter, and I've said from the draft that Lelanne would be a nice banger to have in the rotation for a few hack-a-whomevers. Throw in LJC on the end of the bench as a "break in case of emergency" defender who can't shoot and you already have the bench filled out just with the SL guys.

Anyone else we get is gravy. Not sure how Anderson will pan out.

Dancelot
Need a shooter off the bench to replace Belli, at least one true center to bang with opposing centers, and a 3rd string PG.
I wanna say they should just sign bertans, lallane, Jean Charles and a veteran pg then call it an off season.

Knoxxx
07-06-2015, 09:29 PM
a bench with only two guards is scary. What are they going to pull off the scrap heap?

I am sure this is being discussed on five other threads, not that I worry about things like that.

I count 4 guards and 6 forwards. I am thinking we need a minimum of one guard if not two. And of course Center. Bonner can play some stretch and hack a Center, if we roster 14. I thought we could roster 14-15 but only 12 active.

Edit: Quick wiki check says 13 active.

PublicOption
07-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Larry Drew 2

Knoxxx
07-06-2015, 09:34 PM
I wanna say they should just sign bertans, lallane, Jean Charles and a veteran pg then call it an off season.

That's 3 more forwards! Agree on a PG, but someone to play SG would also be nice.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2015, 09:37 PM
We have some holes (backup rim protector, thin on the wing if one guy gets injured), and we're relying on a lot of old guys, but the off-season could not have gone any better, so YAAAAAY!!! :D

spursnatic
07-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Where is Gary Neal?..Could we get him back?.

Sean Cagney
07-06-2015, 10:01 PM

Why? He is with the Wizards now I believe and signed for pretty cheap. He is not the answer to the back up PG though, Mills can fill his role and do it better at times but we need a back up PG who can run the team when Tony is out. Neal is more like Patty being he is a scorer with no D, we don't need another one.

Axegrinder
07-06-2015, 10:09 PM
I wanna say they should just sign bertans, lallane, Jean Charles and a veteran pg then call it an off season.Why would FO do that after ONE game in ONE of the summ lgs we are in when they havent even seen all the players on BOTH teams? Plus, they are looking at every teams players for possible invites or contracts not just ours. In this case, pays to be patient not impulsive.

KaiRMD1
07-06-2015, 10:16 PM
You forgot Bonner & Ayres, the two that bring Holy shit down to damn

SpurPadre
07-06-2015, 10:18 PM

Why? So players can take off their shoes and rain threes on him?

SpurPadre
07-06-2015, 10:19 PM
You forgot Bonner & Ayres, the two that bring Holy shit down to damn

Shhh. It's a sin to criticize Bonner here, didn't you know that? He's practically a made man.

manufan10
07-06-2015, 10:21 PM
NB:lol = f:lolcked

kuato
07-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Where is Scola????????

james evans
07-06-2015, 10:33 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Patty Hearst come off the bench? I've been watching him the whole time he's played for us, but i don't know.

SPURt
07-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Health permitting

mudyez
07-06-2015, 11:59 PM
C - Tim Duncan - David West - Greg Stiemsma
PF - Lamarcus Aldridge - Boris Diaw - Matt Bonner
SF - Kawhi Leonard - Kyle Anderson - Livio Jean-Charles
SG - Danny Green - Manu Ginobili - Jimmer Fredette
PG - Tony Parker - Patty Mills - Kendall Marshall

Shabazz
07-07-2015, 12:06 AM
Larry Drew 2

i remember when Larry Drew's crackhead mom used to stalk the Tar Heel messageboards. Looks like now she is on SpursTalk.

theman21
07-07-2015, 12:15 AM
I think Anderson is going to have a break out year and surprise folks here...guy is a great shooter and just needs more minutes which it looks like he's going to get behind Kawhi...dark horse of the squad.

spurtech09
07-07-2015, 12:31 AM
The rich just keep getting richer. Look at our lineup:

C - Tim Duncan
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
SF - Kawhi Leonard
SG - Danny Green
PG - Tony Parker

Bench: Manu Ginobili, Boris Diaw, Patty Mills, David West, Kyle Anderson

That is an all-time lineup right there--an absolute EMBARRASSMENT of RICHES. :wow
Spurs need another shooter

dg7md
07-07-2015, 12:33 AM
Going all in for the next two years to ring and have solid foundation to build once Duncan, Manu, and Parker call it quits.

I love what we've done this offseason. We just need a pure point veteran and a shooter off the bench, which should hopefully be filled by Kyle Anderson one day.

spurtech09
07-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Need a shooter off the bench to replace Belli, at least one true center to bang with opposing centers, and a 3rd string PG.agree

Aztecfan03
07-07-2015, 12:46 AM
That's 3 more forwards! Agree on a PG, but someone to play SG would also be nice.
dairis bertans isn't a forward.

DJR210
07-07-2015, 12:53 AM
I haven't had a Spurs hard-on like this since Finley and Van Exel

T Park
07-07-2015, 01:01 AM
Kendall Marshall, Rasual Butler, nazr Mohammed. Sign Lalanne and LJC and call it a summer.

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 01:33 AM
Rim protectors are overrated in this fast paced league heck just look at Bogut and mozgov. And its like theres anyone decent in the market

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 02:03 AM
Another good article:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/7/6/8901561/the-spurs-are-changing-and-thats-alright

UNT Eagles 2016
07-07-2015, 03:27 AM
Remember the 2009 offseason? Yeah, that resulted in the worst team of the TD era, we barely cracked 50 that year, overachieved in round 1 and eventually fell to The Skunker. But still... Yay Dick Jefferson!! McDyess!! DeJuan Blair the 2nd coming of Barkley! Theo Ratliff!! Meh Bowen was an aging stiff anyways! I'm a dipshit hippie dumbass!!1!1

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 04:14 AM
Sometimes, I wonder....what if the Spurs had Luis Scola all these years??

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 04:17 AM
To Assistant Coach Messina (future head coach of the Spurs):

The Prayer (In italian)

I pray you'll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer when we lose our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe
La luce che tu dai
I pray we'll find your light
Nel cuore resterà
And hold it in our hearts
A ricordarci che
When stars go out each night
L'eterna stella sei
Nella mia preghiera
Let this be our prayer
Quanta fede c' è
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
Sognamo un mondo senza più violenza
Un mondo di giustizia e di speranza
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace e di fraternità
La forza che ci da
We ask that life be kind
Il desiderio che
And watch us from above
Ognuno trovi amor
We hope each soul will find
Intorno e dentro a sé
Another soul to love
Let this be our prayer
Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Just like every child
Need to find a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
E la fede che
Hai acceso in noi
Sento che ci salverà

Songwriters
FOSTER, DAVID W. / SAGER, CAROLE BAYER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCfAu0RRW4E

UNT Eagles 2016
07-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Sometimes, I wonder....what if the Spurs had Luis Scola all these years??

Well, we wouldn't have Boris, that's for sure. Scola is fairly good at what he does but he's far more limited than Boris, tbh.

Shabazz
07-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Kendall Marshall, Rasual Butler, nazr Mohammed. Sign Lalanne and LJC and call it a summer.

I could go with that. Someone is gonna get a steal with Kendall. Id rather it be the Spurs.

Fireball
07-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Rim protectors are overrated in this fast paced league heck just look at Bogut and mozgov. And its like theres anyone decent in the market

I think you need big men / rim protectors over the course of a regular season ... Warriors just did not need Bogut in the Finals just a we could rarely use Splitter against the Heat.

But playing small most of the time will not give us a Top2 seed in the West ...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-07-2015, 07:22 AM
Bertans looked good last night. Still reminds me of a Poor Man's Dirk that is faster and more hops. He can be the shooter off the bench. Charles looked good out there defensively and his rebounding was good as well.

I would like to see the Spurs bring both over this offseason. They both look ready to start developing in the Spurs system.

DarrinS
07-07-2015, 07:27 AM
I hope the new guys can handle Pop's wrath, er coaching

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 07:32 AM
I think you need big men / rim protectors over the course of a regular season ... Warriors just did not need Bogut in the Finals just a we could rarely use Splitter against the Heat.

But playing small most of the time will not give us a Top2 seed in the West ...
And you say that with what? Spurs almost got the 2 seed after losing to teams like knicks, lakers, detroit, and ot thrillers against mem cavs and portland. All that with a roster that was never really completely injury-free.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Spurs need another shooter

Bertans. He was on fire last night and pretty much played the way I have seen of him over in Europe.

daledondale
07-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Well, we wouldn't have Boris, that's for sure. Scola is fairly good at what he does but he's far more limited than Boris, tbh.
Scola in Houston was far more than good, was a beast. Anyway, we never going to know. :depressed

Fireball
07-07-2015, 07:39 AM
And you say that with what? Spurs almost got the 2 seed after losing to teams like knicks, lakers, detroit, and ot thrillers against mem cavs and portland. All that with a roster that was never really completely injury-free. exactly my point ... we had Duncan, Splitter and Baynes to play center ... Splitter was injured so Baynes stepped up and we still had the chance to be the 2nd seed. who plays center this season if Duncan is not able to play?

ninjaskrzypek
07-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Is Bertans just an invite or do we own his rights?

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 07:48 AM
exactly my point ... we had Duncan, Splitter and Baynes to play center ... Splitter was injured so Baynes stepped up and we still had the chance to be the 2nd seed. who plays center this season if Duncan is not able to play?
You said we couldnt get 2nd seed with this roster but last year we lost games we should have won and yet missed the 2 seed only due to tiebreakers.

BillMc
07-07-2015, 07:50 AM

Just an invite.

We own his brother's right FWIW.

BillMc
07-07-2015, 07:52 AM
exactly my point ... we had Duncan, Splitter and Baynes to play center ... Splitter was injured so Baynes stepped up and we still had the chance to be the 2nd seed. who plays center this season if Duncan is not able to play?

We could put Boris in there or West as stop gaps. It would be fine on any given night. Only problem if it were a major injury...

Fireball
07-07-2015, 07:53 AM
You said we couldnt get 2nd seed with this roster but last year we lost games we should have won and yet missed the 2 seed only due to tiebreakers.

its all speculation, perhaps we would have lost other games instead of the ones you mentioned ... but I understand your point. if we really do not need another seven footer in today's NBA, we look quite good indeed ...

ninjaskrzypek
07-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Just an invite.

We own his brother's right FWIW.

What's up with his brother?

Fireball
07-07-2015, 07:56 AM
We could put Boris in there or West as stop gaps. It would be fine on any given night. Only problem if it were a major injury...

ok ... you and 100%Duncan have convinced me (about 90%) ...

BillMc
07-07-2015, 07:57 AM
What's up with his brother?

Coming back from injury and signed with a European club.

BillMc
07-07-2015, 07:59 AM
ok ... you and 100%Duncan have convinced me (about 90%) ...

I'm all for bring Mulitnov (sp) over if he's ready (which he most surely isn't, but let him develop here). He's 7'0".

Fireball
07-07-2015, 08:01 AM
I'm all for bring Mulitnov (sp) over if he's ready (which he most surely isn't, but let him develop here). He's 7'0".

Agree 100% ... a seven foot insurance policy would be nice.

mbass
07-07-2015, 08:04 AM

You didn't answer the second part of the question - "who plays center if Duncan is not able to play?" We need a banger - Baynes was perfect.

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 08:16 AM
You didn't answer the second part of the question - "who plays center if Duncan is not able to play?" We need a banger - Baynes was perfect.
Baynes was ok but severely overrated. Who plays the C? West or Diaw. You dont need a banger since you aint gonna play against dwight howard every game.

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Baynes was ok but severely overrated. Who plays the C? West or Diaw. You dont need a banger since you aint gonna play against dwight howard every game.

I think West is big/strong enough to play C when Duncan is on the bench.

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 08:30 AM
I think West is big/strong enough to play C when Duncan is on the bench.

I think so too. You just need to be solid and not get lost, team defense is important and it has improved since beli is gone and dg and kawhi can be assumed to play more minutes

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Btw Im also on the side of bringing a 5th big, a C for the cheap. But im not panicking if they dont and choose to.keep bonner instead which is more likely

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-07-2015, 08:56 AM

Own his rights. He was traded to the Spurs in the Kawhi/Hill trade. He was only 18 at the time.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Own his rights. He was traded to the Spurs in the Kawhi/Hill trade. He was only 18 at the time.

I didn't realize that was his brother. I wouldn't mind seeing both on the Spurs. Hopefully Davis makes a full recovery because he was playing very well before his injury.

benjirh
07-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Why is everyone so rushed to fill out the roster this early? There is a reason for a lull in FA. Because every team and FA is in the same boat. They are all of similar quality and fighting for similar spots and teams are in no rush to add "talent". We are looking for fouls and garbage time. I am assuming that spurs have a list of vets that they will pick one or two from after they see where the cap is at and how the SL players look. I also think the spurs will keep one spot open for a 10day contract guy or mid season pick up, so that leaves 4 spots open.

Milutinov and LJC will probably be overseas again this year. Did I read that teams can avoid cap hits by declaring that their players will not be on the team for the upcoming year? If that really is the case, I can imagine that they did this for both of these guys, because their cap holds would have been substantial enough to influence the LA situation. Plus we don't need them.

I really like what Bertrans put out there in the first game. So Bertrans, Bonner, another vet (Butler or a PG), and another SL player possibly would be my picks (if we had to make picks.)

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=135&v=Nlz3cBL0IC4

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:17 AM
this man LaMarcus is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddd! !!!!

hahahaha

just enjoying the basketball artistry of Lamarcus right now

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:17 AM
his midrange jumper is really lethal

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:21 AM
LaMarcus can take over a game with his offense

We all know that Kawhi can take over a game with his defense

BEST FRONTLINE IN THE NBA!!!!!

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:26 AM
LMa at his best (46 points, 18 rebounds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtsf8S154Cw

Kuvai
07-07-2015, 10:27 AM
LaMarcus can take over a game with his offense

We all know that Kawhi can take over a game with his defense

BEST FRONTLINE IN THE NBA!!!!!

i agree..

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:28 AM
LMA fighting toe to toe with Howard in this game

pretty cool huh??!!!!

peacemaker885
07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Stacy King on Above the Rim (Sirius) picks Rockets to come out of the West.

I think these commentators must choose different teams in order for their shows to be interesting, to drive up callers etc.

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xs627c3LWw

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Stacy King on Above the Rim (Sirius) picks Rockets to come out of the West.

I think these commentators must choose different teams in order for their shows to be interesting, to drive up callers etc.

delusional they are

the top three teams are certainly Spurs, Warriors and Thunder, fourth is Memphis

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:37 AM
my god, how can teams defend against two scoring masters in LaMarcus and Timmy?

(yeah Tim is old, but he can still score like in the game highlights above)

plus, our wing features two Apollo far-shooters!!!!!

we are stacked indeed

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:37 AM
THIS SEASON IS GONNA BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:40 AM
plus, I have a pet theory that Boris Diaw is secretly the best all-around player in the planet.....

oh yea, James should be, but .....watch Diaw at his finest, he can do everything.......and he is very agile

Lebron is fast and powerful, but he is not as nimble as Diaw

Diaw is the best all-around player in the planet!

(the only problem is ....he doesnt demonstrate it every night)

Dex
07-07-2015, 10:41 AM
LMa at his best (46 points, 18 rebounds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtsf8S154Cw

:lmao That last play by Harden. 11 seconds left and down by 2...wastes half of it with the dribble...barrels into traffic...looks for bailout, can't find it...holds for remainder of clock before shooting up a terrible fall-away midranger.

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:41 AM
This season, Diaw the point center has three gladiators inside to whom he can pass as he wishes:

Duncan, LaMarcus and west!!!

Diaw is going to lead all frontliners in assists per game

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:42 AM
yup,. Harden's ball dominance is both his strength and weakness.....

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:43 AM
i think that the coming of LaMarcus and West shall motivate Diaw...........................

Spurs9
07-07-2015, 10:43 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/11224760_849338965146416_7435932518588849182_o.jpg

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:44 AM
LaMarcus, West, Diaw and Kawhi against Lebron and softie Kevin Love .....................

ill take our group

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:44 AM
lol James

Russo21
07-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Stacked but at the same time they are not stacked. We're pretty much 9 deep (I don't expect anything from Anderson) Out of those 9 guys 4 are rather ancient (TD, Manu, Tony, West) We need to fill out the bench somehow. But this offseason has been historic for us, better then I ever dreamed. Still some work for the front office to deal with but so far I give them an 11 out of 10!

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Diaw is a very interesting player, he knows he is among the very best,

but he does not care to show it,

as if he is bored most of the time, and probably is thinking of eating a good meal, and having a good time

but if you can motivate him, like in our last title run.....he can play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

speaking of the best all-around players of all time:

Larry Bird

Scottie Pippen

Paul Pressey

Dennis Rodman

Grant Hill, and a lot more

I think Diaw compares favorably with them!

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Stacked but at the same time they are not stacked. We're pretty much 9 deep (I don't expect anything from Anderson) Out of those 9 guys 4 are rather ancient (TD, Manu, Tony, West) We need to fill out the bench somehow. But this offseason has been historic for us, better then I ever dreamed. Still some work for the front office to deal with but so far I give them an 11 out of 10!

i am hopeful they can fill it up with players who can fit in Sir....

their work is cut out for them though....but they must have foreseen this in their preparations, like chess, seeing many moves in advance

let's see how good RC and company are..........................

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Watching the highlights so far

I think LMA's defense is underrated, he is no pushover on defense and he fights it out with Duncan and Howard

not bad, hmmmmmm.....

in2deep
07-07-2015, 11:31 AM

07-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade but these moves merely evened the playing field for the Spurs. There are still a few just as stacked teams as the Spurs. The Cavs have: Mozgov, Love, Lebron, Shumpert, Irving with Thompson, Varejao/Joe Johnson, JR smith, and Mo Williams coming off the bench. Lebron took the Warriors to 6 games in the finals and he was missing 2 all star teammates. The Mozgov and Shumpert + JR smith trade was a damn good one. If they play a full season together, the Cavs are a 60+ win team.

The Warriors were a historically great regular season team last year with 65+ wins, top 5 in defense and offense. They kept their team together. The Thunder look pretty decent too if they can come back healthy.

TampaDude
07-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Spurs-Cavs Finals in 2016. Spurs in 5. Book it.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Chris
07-07-2015, 07:48 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/nvcpv.jpg

:tu

therealtruth
07-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I haven't had a Spurs hard-on like this since Finley and Van Exel

People forgot about when we got Dice and RJ. Both of them were pretty good at the time. You can find similar we're stacked!!! threads from then. Pop even claimed that if we didn't win that year he should be fired. Of course LA is more talented than all 4 of those guys and West is probably as good or better than Dice when we got him.

Uriel
07-21-2015, 09:28 AM
I don't think kyle Anderson is part of a "holy shit" lineup but I do love it
After summer league, as a 10th man, absolutely hell yes he is. :lol